Options
    Murphyi150 wrote: »
    Username: murphyi150
    Weigh in week: 4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 161
    Current weight: 165

Steps April 20 9771.

Yep I gained and I know exactly why - late night snacking. I didn’t do that for months but old habits are reeking havoc. Next week WILL be better 🤞

Next week goals:
    - NO snacking after coffee in the evenings.
    - 1 - 2 hour activity every day.
    - Take a few minutes everyday to embrace gratitude - this sounds kind of lame however I am very blessed.

Looks like you have great goals to set you up for next week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,597 Member
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    Just a quick check in. Just feeling yucky tonight.

Calories: not sure. Didn’t track but didn’t eat much really.
    Exercise: just a few “with baby” exercises
    Water: not enough

Hopefully I wake up feeling better tomorrow. I’m this day and time it’s a little scary to feel bad, but I’m sure I’m fine. May m Ed to quit pushing so hard for a day or two. Hopeful I’m just sore from all that.

Hope you are feeling better today.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 45 minute walk
    Water: ✅

Steps 4/20 9,149

Had a disappointing walk yesterday. I didn’t get as far as I wanted. It is not supposed to rain until this afternoon, so I should get my walk in.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 5km
    2. tai chi
    3. drink 8 cups water
    4. Stay within calorie goal
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Tuesday April 21 check in

Today's To Do List --
    do exercise, drink all water, be mindful of food choices
    Do 30 min chair yoga routine -- use new chair yoga program
    Clean Bathroom: Stool, Bathtub, Floor, Walls
    Get outside today is a Must ... supposed to hit 50 after lunch and I desperately need OUT!!

Granddaughter added Hershey miniatures (for me) to the last grocery order. I've asked her to never do that again ... LOL!! I moved them into the most remote room in the house and they still call my name; whispering to me even in the darkest part of the night! OK, a little dramatic, but y'all know what I mean. So, I've portioned them out into snack baggies and put them in the freezer. Hopefully, that will make me think a bit more about choosing to have them. Still may end up giving them away. :/

Have a good day Y'all :)
  • mellane30
    mellane30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all,

I made some drastic changes yesterday because the scale hasn't been doing anything (and really, I haven't been doing much either). I completely cleaned out my pantry and refrigerator. Everything that was junk went downstairs into the bar. Apparently, out of sight out of mind works really well for me. My husband and children have to go downstairs if they want any junk food. I was able to stay within my calorie budget yesterday and it was much easier because, when I looked in the fridge or pantry, all I could see were my healthy snacks. I did leave my pudding cups in the fridge. They're only 100 calories and are wonderful for when I just want a little something sweet without dropping the ball.
    I am confident that next weeks weigh in will show some results. :smile:

Username: Mellane30
    Weighin Week: 04/20/2020
    Weighin day: Monday
    Previous weight: 212
    Current weight: 212
  • mellane30
    mellane30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do have a question for everyone. Those of you that run/walk/jog a lot, I'm looking for some good shoes. Any recommendations? I have had issues with plantar fasciitis so I need good arch support.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mellane30 wrote: »
    I do have a question for everyone. Those of you that run/walk/jog a lot, I'm looking for some good shoes. Any recommendations? I have had issues with plantar fasciitis so I need good arch support.

Mine are brooks. I find them really good.
  • zuzu_smartypants
    zuzu_smartypants Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Zuzu_smartypants
    Weigh in day: Sunday (I know I am sooo late, sorry)
    Current weight: 141lb
  • Murphyi150
    Murphyi150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    April 21 9261 steps.

Today was a very productive day. We had 6 yards of soil delivered so spent 3 hours shoveling and raking. I’ll be sore tomorrow but it was great to be outside.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

I have PF as well and I’m a jogger. I jog daily which can at times cause not only problems with my feet but my knees and hips as well.

I use both brooks and Asics running shoes but mostly stick to my Asics. I also use ankle/foot support socks during my running and foot braces at night time to keep my feet in place. This has helped hugely with my daily pain. I would also recommend proper soles for your shoes maybe see a orthopaedic doctor to get soles specially for your feet.
    bk8z1rny68u5.jpeg

yto5z0w26zrb.jpeg
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    4/21 steps 10001
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • 19shmoo69
    Options

Another good brand in my opinion is Saucony. Something to consider, if it is available in your area, is get your feet tested for your shoes. There are a couple running stores here that help match shoes to feet.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Exercise: 79 minute walk
    Water: no

Steps 4/22 11,385

I am making a marinated pork tenderloin. I never know how many calories to count for the marinade. I don’t use any of it over my food just what is in the meat. You guys have any idea of how much to count?

As for my walking, I did 5.66km yesterday. It was a miserable day to walk as it snowed more than they said. At times I couldn’t see people ahead of me on the path. I decided to stick it out and I ended up walking further than I planned.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 5.5 km
    2. Drink my water. I have been slipping lately.
    3. Tai chi
    4. Stay within calorie goal
    5. Pre log food for tomorrow
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options

I am making a marinated pork tenderloin. I never know how many calories to count for the marinade. I don’t use any of it over my food just what is in the meat. You guys have any idea of how much to count?

I found this several years ago. It's perfect if you are using a bottled jar of marinade. If you are making your own ... more complicated. You would need to calculate the total calories of the marinade based on ingredients first; then, calculate how many tablespoons in the total amount of marinade; then calculate the portion you wish to count. Hope this helps. PS: Love pork tenderloin!! ;)

A nutritionist friend of mine advised me years ago that --

For a paste type marinade (eg pesto) assume 1 tbsp of the marinade sticks to each 85 grams (3 oz) meat.

For a oil based liquid marinade, assume 0.5 tbsp of the marinade sticks to each 85 grams (3 oz) meat.

For a non-oil liquid based marinade (eg juices or wine etc) assume 1/3 tbsp sticks to each 85 grams (3 oz) of meat.
  • dness1203
    dness1203 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Previous weight 304.4
    Current weight 302.1
    Getting closer to being out of the 300s!!
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Check In

Exercise: 2.6 miles walking
    Water: not enough

I’m finally back among the living! The last two days I couldn’t do any exercise but I have felt mostly better today so I did get out and walk. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better.
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    4/22 steps 10192
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    UTMom81
    Week 4
    Previous: 173
    Current: 171.8
This discussion has been closed.