Steps: 3 of 3days
    I.F.16:8: 1 of 3days
    MFP 5week prediction: 147.6
  • asha170880
    asha170880 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Week 4 Pulse check: Who's still present and accounted for? Let's pull in together and finish April strong!!ahyx8w8dffa8.jpg

I am here, but this month has been a absolute struggle for me. I have been super busy. I am in a food rut. I ran out of low cal balanced ideas. The produce at the store lately has been crap. So I have resorted to comfort foods and my weight shot straight up.
    I can tell it has an impact on my mood as well.

I am trying today to get back to planning and staying away from the Doritos. Everytime this happens I feel like I should quit because I am not helping the team to be the biggest loser and I haven't been a good co captain or cheerleader for the team. But tbeing on the team helps me remember to get back up.

You are here, you are trying and thats what counts the MOST.Its going to be alright .Hang in there <3
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    [/quote]

I am here, but this month has been a absolute struggle for me. I have been super busy. I am in a food rut. I ran out of low cal balanced ideas. The produce at the store lately has been crap. So I have resorted to comfort foods and my weight shot straight up.

I am trying today to get back to planning and staying away from the Doritos. Everytime this happens I feel like I should quit because I am not helping the team to be the biggest loser and I haven't been a good co captain or cheerleader for the team. But tbeing on the team helps me remember to get back up.
    [/quote]

@brandi_84 You are not alone. We all feel this way and get into unhealthy ruts that we have to pull ourselves out of. But you already know how to do this. You’ve done it already. Get one good day under your belt. Let your team know and we will be there to cheer you on. Add another good day. More cheering. You have to climb the mountain, but we can add a little wind at your back 💨😄
  • jmalderman
    jmalderman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    4/21 Mini challenge
    Tracking: Yes
    Within calories: Nope
    Exercise: Yes
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options

4/22/2020
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: Yes - 21 Day Fix (Day 17) - Upper Fix (30 Minutes) and 10 Cardio Fix (30 minutes)
    Water: 120
    Steps: 9,804 (currently)

Goals:
    9,000+ steps? ✔
    Prepared Lunch? ✔
    Only 1 Snack after dinner? ✔
    Yoga? ✖

I'm almost to the end of 21 Day Fix!!! 4 more workout days (7 total workouts) left! I think that I am going to jump right into a second round of 21 Day Fix, but I am going to up my weights... I love that I have adjustable weights, even if they are a bit bulky for my workouts!

My intake the last two days have kinda sucked. Despite being under, I had a whole footlong from subway, and kind of killed a majority of my calories yesterday. Today, my bosses brought us subway for lunch, and I brought it home and split it with my boyfriend... Smart move there, but I did nibble on two subway cookies(holy 200 calories)... Subway as a random treat-cool... two days in a row? Not so great for me!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options

Don't worry about the team scale right now. I don't feel that is why this group was formed anyway. Here is where we can lean on each other and pick each other up if we fall. We need to be open and honest about our struggles because we are all able to relate and willing to share/listen. The minute we start hiding what we're consuming is the minute our inner demons take over our body and say let's see how much we can get away with while no one is looking! (I have done this with an entire chocolate sheet cake and actually threw it up afterwards) I used to live in a private prison like that, no one knew about it but me, I would overeat, get sick, throw it up. Repeat. Changing to keto stopped the cycle because.. Who wants to overeat meat/cheese/vegetables?

You have to look in the mirror when you pick up those Doritos. Weighin every day, log every. single. thing. I try to live by Keto and IF now, but it's the daily weigh-ins and daily logging and reporting here that helps pick me up when I do fall.

I hope I help in any way but long story short is ... Don't leave us we want you HERE!! Real bad! Lol

@krysless2 Thanks for sharing your struggles, experience and what has worked for you. And reminding me I am not alone.
    This cycle all started with cake and then pie and then feeling like I needed to have something sweet all the time. And also feeling like I have to get rid of the excess sweets by eating it so it doesn't go to waste. I have also had some trouble with sleep and I tend to get up and snack.
    Thank you so much for your support and encouragement.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Date: Wedns, April22nd:
    YesDay
    UnderCalories: Yes, +219
    Exercise(20min): Yes
    Water: 80oz
    Steps: 11099
    DailyGoals CountOff:
    MUAC: 3 of 4days
    Water Intake: 2 of 4days
    Steps: 4 of 4days
    I.F.(16:8): 2 of 4days
    MFP 5week prediction: 146
  • Krysless2
    Options
    4/22/2020
    Exercise: Yes - 21 Day Fix (Day 17) - Upper Fix (30 Minutes) and 10 Cardio Fix (30 minutes)

Goals:
    9,000+ steps? ✔
    Prepared Lunch? ✔
    Yoga? ✖

I'm almost to the end of 21 Day Fix!!! 4 more workout days (7 total workouts) left! I think that I am going to jump right into a second round of 21 Day Fix, but I am going to up my weights... I love that I have adjustable weights, even if they are a bit bulky for my workouts!

My intake the last two days have kinda sucked. Despite being under, I had a whole footlong from subway, and kind of killed a majority of my calories yesterday. Today, my bosses brought us subway for lunch, and I brought it home and split it with my boyfriend... Smart move there, but I did nibble on two subway cookies(holy 200 calories)... Subway as a random treat-cool... two days in a row? Not so great for me!

Great job! Can we see a picture of your workout zone(along with the illustrious adjustable weights?😁)
  • brandi_84
    Options

@brandi_84 100% echoing what @Krysless2 said. You have supported us all so much in this group, and it is our turn to be there and cheer you on! Don't even think about quitting! I won't allow it! :)

Have you tried any frozen veggies? My local supermarket has been pretty consistent with fresh produce, but they are starting to have more frozen veggies available! Maybe frozen may be the way back to your routine!

@cmhubbard92 Thank you, Christine, for your support, as well.
    I did get some frozen veggies. I am going to try to remember to get some frozen fruits next time.

I need some ideas on how to make them less bland.
    I used to get a different type of variety of veggie mixes at a grocery I used to shop at. Like, a blend of roasting root vegetables and some that came with an herb package. But I can't find those anymore. I just don't know how to season or cook them besidess putting them in a casserole. I'm used to eating poduce that I can eat raw.
    I noticed you had air fried brussel sprouts - were they fresh or frozen?

• brandi_84
    Options
    asha170880 wrote: »
    Week 4 Pulse check: Who's still present and accounted for? Let's pull in together and finish April strong!!ahyx8w8dffa8.jpg

You are here, you are trying and thats what counts the MOST.Its going to be alright .Hang in there <3

@asha17880 Thanks for cheering me on. It means a lot.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    simbersea wrote: »

@brandi_84 You are not alone. We all feel this way and get into unhealthy ruts that we have to pull ourselves out of. But you already know how to do this. You’ve done it already. Get one good day under your belt. Let your team know and we will be there to cheer you on. Add another good day. More cheering. You have to climb the mountain, but we can add a little wind at your back 💨😄

@simbersea 😆
    Thank you so much.

I am going to try start logging my progress here more often and getting myself back into the mini challenge.
  • cmhubbard92
    edited April 2020
    Options
    4/22/2020

Goals:
    9,000+ steps? ✔
    Prepared Lunch? ✔
    Yoga? ✖

Great job! Can we see a picture of your workout zone(along with the illustrious adjustable weights?😁)

@Krysless2 I'm not sure what you mean by workout zone? If it's my workout area, I will share a picture of it when I set it back up tonight (just in our TV room in front of the recliners).

My weights are made by Nautilus/Bowflex and run about $300, but we got them from someone who "didn't like them" for maybe $100/150? They're well worth it because they're so easy to adjust, and don't take up a lot of space!
    These are what my weights currently look like
    c03t4h41oy7n.jpg

This is what the whole thing looks like when you have all weights (stock photo) attached/stored.
    8oarh31vgixf.jpg
  • cmhubbard92
    edited April 2020
    Options

@brandi_84 100% echoing what @Krysless2 said. You have supported us all so much in this group, and it is our turn to be there and cheer you on! Don't even think about quitting! I won't allow it! :)

Have you tried any frozen veggies? My local supermarket has been pretty consistent with fresh produce, but they are starting to have more frozen veggies available! Maybe frozen may be the way back to your routine!

@cmhubbard92 Thank you, Christine, for your support, as well.
    I did get some frozen veggies. I am going to try to remember to get some frozen fruits next time.

I need some ideas on how to make them less bland.
    I used to get a different type of variety of veggie mixes at a grocery I used to shop at. Like, a blend of roasting root vegetables and some that came with an herb package. But I can't find those anymore. I just don't know how to season or cook them besidess putting them in a casserole. I'm used to eating poduce that I can eat raw.
    I noticed you had air fried brussel sprouts - were they fresh or frozen?

@brandi_84 the brussel sprouts that I had were fresh. I do have a bag of frozen... When I get to using them, I am planning on thawing, patting off the water then spraying with a light olive oil spray and a little seasoning then pop it in the air fryer!

I find most veggies are good with a dab of butter or olive oil, a sprinkling of seasoning and a little sautee on the stove. I do find that spinach/kale gets a little extra kick if you add a small amount of crushed red pepper! I love butternut squash roasted in the oven with rosemary/thyme(and it makes the house smell amazing).

I will also have to find my old cauliflower mac and cheese recipe and post it on here... it is so good, but does include bacon!

EDIT: sheet/pan veggies should still work with frozen veggies! You just throw whatever mix of veggies you want in a bowl(I like green beans, onion, tomato, green/red/orange pepper, eggplant, summer squash/zucchini), toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, etc. Spread it out on a foil covered cookie sheet, and throw in the oven at ~375 for 40-50 minutes. You can also cook up ground sausage(or cut up cooked links) and throw it in with the veggies to give it even more flavor. I have to say it tastes better with the sausage!
  • jmalderman
    jmalderman Posts: 97 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    4/22
    Tracking: yes
    Within calories: no, but just barely!
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 8,874
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options

Brandi, I am so grateful for all your help in keeping us on track! It's a lot of work, but it is most appreciated. This is a difficult time right now but I know you can get back in the swing of things...just one day at a time.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    4/23/2020
    Exercise: Yes - 21 Day Fix (Day 18) - Pilates Fix (30 Minutes) and Total Body Cardio Fix (30 minutes)
    Water: 130
    Steps: 13,801 (currently)

Goals:
    9,000+ steps? ✔
    Prepared Lunch? ✔
    Yoga? ✖
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Date: Thurs, April23rd:
    YesDay
    UnderCalories: Yes, +65
    Exercise(20min): Yes
    Water: 70oz
    Steps: 7939
    DailyGoals CountOff:
    MUAC: 3 of 5days
    Water Intake: 3 of 5days
    Steps: 4 of 5days
    I.F.(16:8): 3 of 5days
    MFP 5week prediction: 147.5
  • brandi_84
    Options
    This week - 186.5
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Monday 4/20
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 40 min lower body strength and HIIT
    Water: 72oz

Tues 4/21
    Exercise: 35min Upper body and cardio

Wed 4/22
    Exercise: 52 min HIIT and core

Thurs 4/23
    Exercise: 52 min Upper body and 21 min walk with stroller
    Water: 96oz

Username: thedestar
    Weigh In Week: April- week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's weight: 169.5
    Todays Weight: 171.0

Ugh, not sure what happened. I feel like my workouts have been spot on, but I know my sugar has been on the high side even though I'm within my calories. Definitely was not expecting to gain a pound and a half.

I feel like we're in a good flow with home schooling. Now we just need to survive the next 4 weeks. There's light at the end of the tunnel, at least for that.
This discussion has been closed.