TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (April)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Hello team TBBT.
    Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, March 29!!

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the April challenge!

My name is Christine and I am your captain for TBBT. @brandi_84 and @Krysless2 are my co-captains!

I have been with TBBT since February 2019, and have been on my weight loss journey since November 2018. I have lost ~65pounds overall, and aim to lose at least 40 more.

I am 27 and am from Connecticut. I am a dog mom to a 10 month old puppy and a 10 year old golden doodle. I enjoy being outdoors, spending time with my boys, and sometimes keeping myself inside.

The March challenge was a definite struggle for me, with everything that is happening throughout the world right now... I have been a stress ball worrying about everything! I am refocusing this month, and plan to give all of you the support that I can!

I am hoping this month brings all of you great success! :)
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Hi my name's Krystal.
    I started my weight loss journey in April of 2016 and over a 2-3 year time frame I became very familiar with all things involving keto. I got into the pattern of being on the diet, then getting off, I would see the scale creep up then get back on it, and again... By the end of 2018 I was down to 185lbs and when I joined this group I broke that plateau with the discipline and accountability I learned here!

My weight loss journey stats(reminder to myself that I need to stay in this challenge to expedite my weightloss):

May 2016 Journey SW: 213
    July 2017: 200
    Nov 2018: 189
    2019(Note: When I started food logging and The Biggest Loser Challenge):
    January 2019 SW: 185
    February SW: 175
    March SW: 168
    April SW: 162.6
    May SW: 161.8
    June SW: 159.7
    July 2019 SW: 155.6

Came back to MFP
    Feb2020 SW: 164.8
    March2020 SW: 161.4

Let's go Team!
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Date: Sun, March29th:
    "Yes" Day
    Tracking: Yes
    UnderCalories: Yes, +61
    Exercise(20min): Yes, treadmill @home alooooot! I would go outside more if I wasn't so sensitive to the sun.(should help the next time I head to Walmart to replenish my sunscreen supply😊)
    Water: just over 70oz
    Steps: 11966

*Daily personal goal this week* Push back eating until 12 noon, stop eating after 8pm
    check-check, 12:30pm-8:30pm
  • Krysless2
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Week1 Weigh-in
    Username: Krysless2
    Weigh in day: Mon, March 30th
    Current week's weight:
    158.7lbs
    April Sw:161.4lbs
    MarSw: 165lbs
    Things that I did differently this week probably contributed to my positive outcome on the scale:
    *I was more committed to logging daily in the UAC then ever. 6 out of 7 were "Yes days" which means I checked off a YES to all the UAC questions on those days: Did I Track?, Under Calories?, Do at least 20minExercise?
    *I was better about completing my personal goal to intermittentfast16:8, I did this 4 out of 7 days
  • sekotsjd
    sekotsjd Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    whoopsies. I am a little behind.
    Monday is my check in day and I posted on the March page, but should have posted here since March competition is complete, I will use this weigh in for my first week in April.
    PW: 233
    CW:231

yay! Starting off April Strong!
  • Krysless2
    Options
    sekotsjd wrote: »
    whoopsies. I am a little behind.
    Monday is my check in day and I posted on the March page, but should have posted here since March competition is complete, I will use this weigh in for my first week in April.
    PW: 233
    CW:231

yay! Starting off April Strong!

Great loss!
  • Krysless2
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies and returnies! Please introduce yourself and ask questions if you have any!🤗
    Every now and again I'm going to start a Weekly Roundtable Discussion(WRD) to keep the team participation up

Everyone knows we have been dealing with something the world has truly never seen before. We are constantly dealing with the unknowns of how long? how bad? how many? how much? It is all super stressful but then at the same time we are all being told to be as healthy as possible??!?! All I want to do is cry into a big gallon of butter pecan ice cream, start back my old smoking habit and finish off with a bottle of wine! But I am here, we are all here and now we all have a new reason to be our healthiest self! So, in that respect, this weeks Weekly Round Table Discussion: I'd like to ask everyone how they are coping with this new normal? How are you staying healthy? How are you controlling what's controllable? All we have right now is control of our health. What is your plan to keep yourself in check during these trying times? Have you been implementing a new exercise because your gym is closed? Are you eating better because you can't go to your favorite buffet every other night!? Please share with the classroom.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    3/30/2020
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 110oz
    Steps: 9,944

I am *trying* to get myself back on track. I've been a bit bitter/grumpy lately and it hasn't gotten much better. I am still waiting on TOM to arrive... I have cramps, so it should be here tonight or tomorrow sometime. I did stay on track, for the most part, and only ended going off track once because it was my boss's birthday and one of my coworkers brought in a pie 😋 but tomorrow will be planned and focused as well! I need to get back on track, and step o the scale, saying I missed last week! 😬 here's to a better month!

@Krysless2 I am looking forward to answering your questions tomorrow!!!
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I posted on the March thread but I guess Sunday was the start of April

SW: 156.8
    CW: 154.6

I would love to say that I have been eating right and exercising- but no.

I have worked out 5 or 6 days a week for the last year, struggling to lose weight. In February my mom had a stroke and I picked up Bronchitis. In March, my mom had a second stroke and I still have bronchitis. So lots of stress and no exercise - and I lost 10 lbs. hopefully things will calm down in April, and I can keep losing - but in a healthy way 🤞
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Date: Mon, March30th:
    "Pass" Day
    UnderCalories: No, in the red -145
    Exercise(20min): Yes, treadmill
    Water: just over 70oz
    Steps: 8886

*Daily personal goal this week* Push back eating until 12 noon, stop eating after 8pm
  • Krysless2
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Week1 Weigh-in
    Current week's weight:
    158.7lbs
    Things that I did differently this week probably contributed to my positive outcome on the scale:
    *I was more committed to logging daily in the MUAC then ever. 5 out of 7 were "Yes days" which means I checked off a yes to all the MUAC questions on those days: Tracked, Under Calories, 20minExercise.
    *I was better about completing my personal goal to intermittentfast16:8, I did this 4 out of 7 days

New April Goal
    I'd like to finish April with a unwavering 15x in front of my number on the scale.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Week1 Weigh-in
    Current week's weight:
    158.7lbs
    *I was more committed to logging daily in the MUAC then ever. 5 out of 7 were "Yes days" which means I checked off a yes to all the MUAC questions on those days: Tracked, Under Calories, 20minExercise.

New April Goal
    I'd like to finish April with a unwavering 15x in front of my number on the scale.

@krysless2 you did fabulous this week! Great loss and dedication!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Weekly Round Table Discussion: I'd like to ask everyone how they are coping with this new normal? How are you staying healthy? How are you controlling what's controllable? All we have right now is control of our health. What is your plan to keep yourself in check during these trying times? Have you been implementing a new exercise because your gym is closed? Are you eating better because you can't go to your favorite buffet every other night!? Please share with the classroom.

I was doing *really* well with all of this until the last week. With my TOM due to arrive, it didn't help me. I did not stay on track for much of last week, no matter how hard I tried! I went for any and all snacks, and I hurt my back (again) and didn't get much activity in. This week, and weeks after, will be different!

We have not had dinner out in at least a month, and plan to continue this for a while. We have been making relatively healthy dinners lately, and have been having salad at least 3 times a week.

One thing I need to really try focusing on again is yoga. It helps me get some stress out in a healthy way, and I know my body can use it. I am about to do some simple stretches with my yoga strap, just to ease back into it.

As of right now, my plan is to refocus on making my lunches for work each day so that it is planned out. Also, stick to dinner plus one treat afterwards to make my calorie goal. Between work and being home, my goal is to aim for at least 9,000 steps a day. Sundays may continue to be my low days, and I am ok with that-I am looking at working Saturdays for overtime for the next few weeks, and don't want to overdo things too much.

Sorry my thoughts aren't too well organized on here!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    3/31/2020
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 110oz
    Steps: 12703
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Date: Tues, March31st:
    "Yes" Day
    UnderCalories: Yes, +130
    Exercise(20min): Yes, treadmill
    Water: 75oz
    Steps: 8941

• cmhubbard92
    Options
    April Week 1 Weigh in
    Previous: 186.0
    3/31/2020: 192.6
    Gain: 6.6

The positive this is that TOM has started and this morning my weight was heading back down! Just have to keep trying this week!
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    3/29
    Logged:yes
    Under:yes
    Water:yes
    Exercise:no
    Steps: 4325

3/30
    Logged;yes
    Exercise: no
    Steps 6066

3/31
    Logged;yes
    Exercise:yes (golf, walk)
    Steps: 11,526
  • jmalderman
    jmalderman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yay! A new month! I started it off right this morning with a run.

I am doing 5 to Thrive, which is a Rachel Hollis thing. It is at least a goal each day. It is right in line with our mini-challenges, but it is nice to have a visual. In the past I have given up one category of food 30 days at a time, rather than the entire 90 days. I'm not sure what I am giving up this month though. It probably should be wine but just not sure this is good month for that! :D

Working from home does have it's challenges in that I'm not walking from a parking garage into my office, and walking around the office throughout the day, which doesn't seem like much but has impacted my step count. So, I am trying to make sure I get out with the dog a few times a day.

ponbvdbmvrdc.gif

• Krysless2
    edited April 2020
    Options
    jmalderman wrote: »
    Yay! A new month! I started it off right this morning with a run.

I am doing 5 to Thrive, which is a Rachel Hollis thing. It is at least a goal each day. It is right in line with our mini-challenges, but it is nice to have a visual. In the past I have given up one category of food 30 days at a time, rather than the entire 90 days. I'm not sure what I am giving up this month though. It probably should be wine but just not sure this is good month for that! :D

Working from home does have it's challenges in that I'm not walking from a parking garage into my office, and walking around the office throughout the day, which doesn't seem like much but has impacted my step count. So, I am trying to make sure I get out with the dog a few times a day.

ponbvdbmvrdc.gif

Thank you for sharing! I needed this..
This discussion has been closed.