TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (April)

Options

Replies

• jmalderman
    jmalderman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Here's another version... with writing down 5 things you are grateful for, which is what I do in a Start Today Journal by Rachel Hollis. I just printed this one and put it on the bulleting board right above my desk at home so I am constantly reminded of it while I'm working.

x9i60vifkpro.jpg
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    simbersea wrote: »
    3/29
    Logged:yes
    Under:yes
    Water:yes
    Exercise:no
    Steps: 4325

3/30
    Logged;yes
    Exercise: no
    Steps 6066

3/31
    Logged;yes
    Exercise:yes (golf, walk)
    Steps: 11,526

@simbersea fabulous work! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    jmalderman wrote: »
    Yay! A new month! I started it off right this morning with a run.

I am doing 5 to Thrive, which is a Rachel Hollis thing. It is at least a goal each day. It is right in line with our mini-challenges, but it is nice to have a visual. In the past I have given up one category of food 30 days at a time, rather than the entire 90 days. I'm not sure what I am giving up this month though. It probably should be wine but just not sure this is good month for that! :D

Working from home does have it's challenges in that I'm not walking from a parking garage into my office, and walking around the office throughout the day, which doesn't seem like much but has impacted my step count. So, I am trying to make sure I get out with the dog a few times a day.

ponbvdbmvrdc.gif

@jmalderman I really like that visual for your goals! Is it a different set of goals each day, or do you aim to at least complete one? That is pretty neat!

I (unintentionally) gave up wine near the end of December/early January. I have had one glass this year, and I don't find much of a difference in how things are going for me. I guess it would be different for me if I drank more frequently, but I used to have some every weekend... I hope you can find something to "give up" that isn't too difficult for you, and benefits you in the long run! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I am sorry that I have slacked on posting the information on the step/water challenge for this month! I know that I fell behind at the end of the March challenge, and didn't post the results as often as I should have.

Information on our Step/Water Challenge! This month these challenges will run Sunday(Starting April 29th,) to Saturday,(April 4th) to remain in line with the Mini Ultimate Accountabilty Challenge, and our weigh ins!

Weekly Step Challenge
    This is pretty simple if you track your steps at all(via phone, fitness tracker, pedometer, anything really). You select your own step goal each week and try to reach it. We have two categories for "winners" for the week- Percentage of goal completed, and highest total steps!

The Water Challenge
    This is a challenge to get you to reach 8 cups of water each day! The team all has the same goal. Aim for 8 glasses(64oz) of water per day, or 448oz or week! The winners in this category are determined by the highest percentage of water you drink!

Here is the spreadsheet

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING THE STEP OR WATER CHALLENGE, PLEASE TAG ME IN YOUR POST @cmhubbard92 AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE SPREADSHEET, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR WEEKLY STEP GOAL.

• Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I am sorry that I have slacked on posting the information on the step/water challenge for this month! I know that I fell behind at the end of the March challenge, and didn't post the results as often as I should have.

Information on our Step/Water Challenge! This month these challenges will run Sunday(Starting March 1st,) to Saturday,(March 7th) to remain in line with the Mini Ultimate Accountabilty Challenge, and our weigh ins!

Weekly Step Challenge
    This is pretty simple if you track your steps at all(via phone, fitness tracker, pedometer, anything really). You select your own step goal each week and try to reach it. We have two categories for "winners" for the week- Percentage of goal completed, and highest total steps!

The Water Challenge
    This is a challenge to get you to reach 8 cups of water each day! The team all has the same goal. Aim for 8 glasses(64oz) of water per day, or 448oz or week! The winners in this category are determined by the highest percentage of water you drink!

Here is the spreadsheet

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING THE STEP OR WATER CHALLENGE, PLEASE TAG ME IN YOUR POST @cmhubbard92 AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE SPREADSHEET, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR WEEKLY STEP GOAL.

We all get caught up in the struggle to stay on top of this group sometimes. Thank you so much, you are like a breath of fresh air!

Yes to both challenges please! :) 8500 steps daily (59,500/weekly) thank you!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    We all get caught up in the struggle to stay on top of this group sometimes. Thank you so much, you are like a breath of fresh air!

I promise I will do better this month!!!

You are already on the spreadsheet. When I made the new sheet for April, whatever I copied over somehow lost your updated goal in translation! It's fixed now :)

And on a positive note, my boyfriend got me a new laptop, so I will have an easier way to work on the spreadsheets, and will be able to respond to posts much quicker! I am pretty excited about it, because I think that will mean more time focusing on my goals! :)
  • Krysless2
    Options

You are already on the spreadsheet. When I made the new sheet for April, whatever I copied over somehow lost your updated goal in translation! It's fixed now :)

And on a positive note, my boyfriend got me a new laptop, so I will have an easier way to work on the spreadsheets, and will be able to respond to posts much quicker! I am pretty excited about it, because I think that will mean more time focusing on my goals! :)

That's awesome! I'm actually in the market for one of those and now that my daughter is having to complete school online, we need to hurry up about it. I keep putting it off because I've had the worst luck with buying computers! Ugh.. Tell me how you like yours
  • cmhubbard92
    Options

That's awesome! I'm actually in the market for one of those and now that my daughter is having to complete school online, we need to hurry up about it. I keep putting it off because I've had the worst luck with buying computers! Ugh.. Tell me how you like yours

@Krysless2 We found a refurbished Acer chromebook... 15.9in I think? It was $150 or $160 on amazon. I really like it so far! It's better than using my phone. It was a good price, considering so many were sold out! He has one coming as well, but it's a different brand, and I'm not sure when it will arrive. I will let you know how he likes his, and also give a better review of mine after getting more use out of it.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    4/1/2020
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 110oz
    Steps: 10,136

Goals:
    9,000+ steps? Yes
    Prepared lunch? Yes
    Only 1 snack after dinner? No, but still under, with wiggle room!
    Yoga? No, did a very tiny amount of stretches, but not enough to count.
  • jmalderman
    Options

I am doing 5 to Thrive, which is a Rachel Hollis thing. It is at least a goal each day. It is right in line with our mini-challenges, but it is nice to have a visual. In the past I have given up one category of food 30 days at a time, rather than the entire 90 days. I'm not sure what I am giving up this month though. It probably should be wine but just not sure this is good month for that! :D

Working from home does have it's challenges in that I'm not walking from a parking garage into my office, and walking around the office throughout the day, which doesn't seem like much but has impacted my step count. So, I am trying to make sure I get out with the dog a few times a day.

ponbvdbmvrdc.gif

@jmalderman I really like that visual for your goals! Is it a different set of goals each day, or do you aim to at least complete one? That is pretty neat!

I (unintentionally) gave up wine near the end of December/early January. I have had one glass this year, and I don't find much of a difference in how things are going for me. I guess it would be different for me if I drank more frequently, but I used to have some every weekend... I hope you can find something to "give up" that isn't too difficult for you, and benefits you in the long run! :)

@cmhubbard92 The goal is to do all 5 each day for 90 days!

My daughter has started baking a lot during this at home time and it is becoming so second nature to lick the bowl and eat a brownie or cookie when the house is engulfed with the smells so I think I am giving that up. 😄
  • jmalderman
    Options
    4/1
    Under calories: no
    Steps: 9,716
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Sun Mar 29th
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: no
    Exercise: 20min yoga and stretching
    Water: 24oz

Mon Mar 30th
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 38min lower body strength and HIIT
    Water: 72oz

Tu Mar 31st
    Exercise: 30min upper body strength and flexibility
    Water: 96oz

Wed April 1st
    Exercise: 39min HIIT cardio and abs

I like the table discussion. Right now I feel like I'm ok. I'm good in the sense that I am in control of my exercise routine. I've been exercising at home for years and this year I've got in a good routine of being able to do my workouts even with my kids around, climbing all over me. A silver lining is that my kids are able to see me exercise, hopefully that's setting a good example. My 7 yr old will join me sometimes. What worries me is the food situation.
    Our grocery stores are pretty wiped out still and what I am able to get is definitely not what we're used to. Today I sat in the parking lot waiting for my grocery pick up order for AN HOUR AND 15 MINS! With all four of my kids. So ridiculous. I stress ate some Easter candy. I had the calories left, but too much sugar is not good for me.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options

ponbvdbmvrdc.gif

@cmhubbard92 The goal is to do all 5 each day for 90 days!

My daughter has started baking a lot during this at home time and it is becoming so second nature to lick the bowl and eat a brownie or cookie when the house is engulfed with the smells so I think I am giving that up. 😄

@jmalderman that is the perfect one to give up! I have a bad habit of doing that as well, so I've limited baking lately! Good luck staying away! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    Sun Mar 29th
    Calories: no
    Exercise: 20min yoga and stretching
    Water: 24oz

Mon Mar 30th
    Exercise: 38min lower body strength and HIIT
    Water: 72oz

Tu Mar 31st
    Exercise: 30min upper body strength and flexibility

Wed April 1st
    Exercise: 39min HIIT cardio and abs

I like the table discussion. Right now I feel like I'm ok. I'm good in the sense that I am in control of my exercise routine. I've been exercising at home for years and this year I've got in a good routine of being able to do my workouts even with my kids around, climbing all over me. A silver lining is that my kids are able to see me exercise, hopefully that's setting a good example. My 7 yr old will join me sometimes. What worries me is the food situation.
    Our grocery stores are pretty wiped out still and what I am able to get is definitely not what we're used to. Today I sat in the parking lot waiting for my grocery pick up order for AN HOUR AND 15 MINS! With all four of my kids. So ridiculous. I stress ate some Easter candy. I had the calories left, but too much sugar is not good for me.

@thedestar great job staying active each day! I hope you were able to get a good enough selection of food for you and your family! Our local store has been doing a pretty good job at keeping everything well stocked. Obviously, all paper goods, cleaning products, and water are slim picking. I have been surprised at the amount of fresh produce and how full the meat department is. I have never done grocery pick up, but I can only imagine the stress the workers are going through trying to fulfill the increased orders from everywhere. I hope you found a hiding spot for your Easter candy so it doesn't remain so tempting! :)
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Yes Day
    Date: Wed, April1st:
    Tracking: Yes
    UnderCalories: Yes, +147
    Exercise(20min): Yes
    Water: 100oz
    Steps: 9105, treadmill on my breaks and after work today.

*Daily personal goal this week* Push back eating until 12 noon, stop eating after 8pm
    check-check, 11:45am - 8:15pm
  • Krysless2
    Options
    We are missing Sun-Wed weigh-ins. Cooome on doooooown to the.. Price is Right! 😆(Quarantine-hysteria kicking in ..sorry)

@p_mad
    @GeminiLady159
    @primekayprime
    @jrrutten
    @rawrxamberx
    @sarahannsuarez

• Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    April 2
    Weigh in day- Thursday
    Previous- 169.9
    Current- 170.1
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    4/2/2020
    Under: yes
    Water: 110oz
    Steps: 9,054

Goals:
    9,000+ steps? Yes
    Prepared lunch? Yes
    Only 1 snack after dinner? Yes!
    Yoga? No, worked overtime today.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Good Morning TBBT! I hope you all are doing well! I know that @Krysless2 (Thank you!) posted some weights that were missing for our first week of the challenge, and I wanted to mention those again, and let you all know who is up to weigh in today! I hope you all have a great day!!!

Sunday:
    @p_mad

Monday:
    @GeminiLady159

Wednesday:
    @jrrutten
    @rawrxamberx
    @sarahannsuarez

Up for Friday:
    @jmalderman
    @kimmy5280
    @thedestar