SHRINKING ASSETS Team Chat - MAY 2020

Cafelelia
Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
edited April 2020 in Social Groups
8x6ydm2fr62x.jpeg
Welcome Fat2Fit Challengers!

Here is your Team chat room for May 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:
Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695
Lisa - @cafelelia
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafelelia
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @mari_moulin

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Angmarie28
Weight No More - open
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)
Downsizers - @UTMom81 and @Kres567

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leader board.

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    I am Beka, one of your Team Captains and Group Moderator. My counterpart and bestie is Julie, aka @boehle, and @themrwobbly is here to keep us moving physically and mentally :)

I am 43, married, mom of 2 daughters, Mimi of one amazing grandson, and human mom to 3 fur babies. I live in the beautiful mountains of Northern Georgia.

I started my journey 2 years ago at 242 lbs, lost down to 174 and maintained almost 9 months before gaining back to 232 in July. It is only failure if you quit... right???

May Goals:
    - Continue the momentum I have built in March and April!!!!
    - Increase my NEAT or non-exercise activity thermogenesis
    - Increase my EAT... hahah meaning I should exercise more
    - focus on consistency of steps - minimum 6k a day.
    - Begin training for the Peachtree.... which may or may not happen.

If you have not already, feel free to friend me. Please make your diaries open. Your teammates (umm - or me) might want to borrow your ideas that keep you in check.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    I am Julie, one of your Team Captains. My counterpart and bestie is Beka, aka @Beka3695.

I am 38.. kinda dating someone in this very crazy pandemic. I also have an 18 year old senior that I feel so bad for during this. Born right after 9/11 and graduation during a pandemic.

I started my journey many moons ago. I was 237, got to 132 then got lazy and I am at 174.

May Goals:
    -Every day that I continue to work from home, go walk/jog/run an hour at lunch.
    -Log all calories before they even enter my mouth.
    -Get and stay under 170.
    -No grocery shopping unless its cheese, veggies, hummus or eggs (Sorry Beka, I forgot to say cheese too!!) This is to help clean out alllllllll the food that we have and to save some $$

If you have not already, feel free to friend me.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    MAY GROCERY CHALLENGE

@boehle mentioned above not buying groceries in May.

This is a challenge that she and I have together. We are both food hoarders. We both tend to stock up when things are on sale then never using all of it. Our pantries and freezers are overflowing. Early in the pandemic I found myself not hoarding groceries (like buying ALL of the bacon) but buying way more than my family of 2.5 needed.

We have decided to eat our way out of our pantries and freezers. Our rules are slightly different. My ok to buy items include Fresh veggies and fruit (no canned or frozen) Milk, Eggs, bottled water (daughter has a bladder disease can cant drink tap).

Cheese is considered a pet supply as my dog will not eat his dogfood without a "sprinkle" of cheese. Pet supplies are not considered groceries. LOL

The end of the month should be interesting. Please don't judge if you see refried beans, spaghetti, and cherry pie filling as a meal :D

If you are overstocked - feel free to join our challenge!
  • daniels8186
    daniels8186 Posts: 17 Member
    I am Ashley 33 year old mom of a 9 year old,8 year old and a 5 year old.I have struggled since high school to find a healthy way to lose weight.I tend to be one extreme or the other.I love to workout and challenge myself.I have been working out 7 days a week for the past serveral months and i have been under my caloric allotance.Despite all of my efforts i am still at 224 lbs...

My goal for this challenge is to stay motivated and not give in.I'm going to get more sleep at night.
    I'm going to stay in line with my carbs,fats and proteins.I would also like to cut down on sugars.

Im hoping this month challenge will invigorate me so that i don't let failure take my spirit again.
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    I’m Cindy, 60 years old and I live in Texas. I have two kids, 26 and 23. I started my journey at 237.5 and I’m now at 196. It’s been a slow go, but I’ve been battling some injuries that hamper my mobility. The past month has presented challenges, with my husband suddenly working from home. (He snacks all the time!) I’m up for the “use what food you’ve got challenge.” We just got a new fridge and everything fits differently in my new freezer so I need to “shop” the freezer first because it is packed!
  • peachplace
    peachplace Posts: 67 Member
    Hi!! My name is Georgia I am 42 going on 43 in a few days. Mother of 3 yr old twins. I am a Chicagoan. Who is quarantining out in the Chicago suburbs.. fun!! I started my weight loss journey a year ago while my father in law was in the hospital. (Bad timing) didn’t succeed... restarted in January.. was doing ok.. started at 251 and got down 10lb before pandemic hit.. (bad timing again!) Gained all of my weight back (ok almost all). I have a month before I have to go back to work.. need to get back at it and get in shape.. I have an ultimate goal of doing a Spartan Run when I turn 45. So 2 yrs to get my body in shape and ready!!
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Hello!

I'm Jen, 50 yrs old, three amazing adult children and two adorable grand babies. I have two silly rescued pit bulls and volunteer with several rescues in the area. I love all animals and nature. My kids call me a hippy dippy lol. I live on the coast in Virginia and love gardening, running, biking, lifting weights and yoga. And of course being on/in the water :)

Looking forward to making this journey with you all! I started in October at 224 pounds and am down to 183 as of now. Let's do this!
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Hi everyone. I’m Diane, living in Indiana.

@peachplace I am also the mother of twins, except mine are 28 years old. I also have a 31 year old daughter. Everybody’s married and I have 8 grandkids between the ages of 7 and 1. When we all get together it’s wonderful chaos.

@iamworthy14 I can completely relate to what you said about not out exercising what you eat. I run, I bike, I workout, but I easily out eat all of it.

I was on MFP a couple years ago but took a break and tried some other things. I’m back because I miss the camaraderie and support on these team challenges. Looking forward to getting to know you all.
    I’m currently at 216, I’ve spent the past couple years between 210 and 230. I have no plans of ever being back to 130 like when I was in my 20’s, but I’d sure like to be 170 by the end of this year. My goals for June:
    1. Log every morsel no matter how good or bad.
    2. Lose 8 pounds.
    3. Workout before work 3 times/week (something I used to do but have really slacked off)
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Hi everyone, I’m back after a couple of rough months away from logging and community. I’m 28, I live in Finland with my husband. Current weight is 218lbs, I’ve been yo-yoing between 210 and 220 for the last 4 years, once dipping to 200.

My overall ”end” goal would be to hit 169lbs, but I don’t plan on fitting that on my timeline in a while. I hope to be as close to the 200 milestone as possible by the end of the summer and become one with my new healthier habits so I stop yo-yoing, and from there I’m hoping to either start maintaining/gaining for a new person, or continue with a moderate weight loss until I start gaining that person. My husband and I are planning on starting to try for a baby at the end of the summer, as our first wedding anniversary is on August 31st and he wanted to first be married one year. That makes my weight loss goals a bit more urgent right now, as I’m currently not in a healthy weight for pregnancy.

With that, here are my May goals:
    - complete food diary every day
    - Go outside for a walk or run every day (Currently working remotely, so there’s nothing forcing me outdoors otherwise)
    - Weigh in every day (I use the Happy Scale app and want to see trends)
    - average at least 400 daily calorie deficit, preferably 600 per day
    - have veggies, fruits or berries with every single meal (breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner)
    - Make meal plans before grocery shopping and stick to them

In terms of weight I’m hoping to lose 0.6kg, or 1.3lbs per week, but I want to do it through my healthy habits and not by forcing a number.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Hipari
    Sundays
    PW: 218.0lbs
    CW: 218.3lbs

Oops... I blame May Day and related celebrations. Still, this is a return to regular logging and weighing in.
  • samuel860
    samuel860 Posts: 41 Member
    Hello Everyone
    I'm Samuel 33 Year old Married to my beautiful Ella and father of 2 : Roy and Barry.
    I used to be very active (Ex-military) currently I'm a software engineer who is only sport is to lift my kids up to the sky and going from my desk to the kitchen to make another coffee.
    I gained over 30 lb in 2 years.

My goals are simple :
    1. Start exercising
    2. keep an eye on my calories intake
    3. lose around a lb per week even though I sceptical about this last one.

my starting point is 216 lb and 5.7 ft
    my goal by the end of August (my 4th anniversary ) is 187 lb (maybe 6 ft too LOL )

Total of 30 lb.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Hi everyone!
    Hope everyone is doing well in these tough times. Let's hope things will be better in the new month, May God bless us all!

For me April was considerably a good month as I didn't gain, although I lost 2 lbs but due to birthday feast the progress was lost. However coming back stronger in May as my goal is keep doing Intermittent Fasting to stop my snacking habits and Run 50 km this month as just walking is not much effective for me. Which means I would be hopping like a bunny around my rooms! 😂 Tedious and boring as no scenery to watch.

Sorry about late post of my weigh in Friday.
    Previous weight 173 lbs
    Current weight 172 lbs
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Well, not quite sure yet what I need to do. Typically I weigh on Thursday but am switching to Sunday for this challenge.

214.6. Do I enter this anywhere besides right here? Thanks!
  • mrsjhardin
    mrsjhardin Posts: 692 Member
    PW: 200
    CW: 198
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    @Beka3695 I would like to reset my SW at 172.1, I am starting over in May and looking for some serious progress.

I am lucky that I work for an essential company and can work form home. It is hard with kitchen right at your fingertips. I sit longer and work longer than before, causing a slow gain. Trying a new program that should kick start my progress, so tomorrow I start and looking forward to next weeks weigh in.
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    Name is Nora. Currently in Indiana for school (nursing first), than will be going to school to become a CRNA eventually before moving back home to Montana. 32 years old, two fur babies (I really dislike children lol). Coming back after a year hiatus. Got into a wonderfully HORRIBLE relationship for a year.. BUT learned a lot and I stuck up for myself which is a first... usually I just continue going on that way. LOTS to be proud of in that regard. Managed to maintain ish for that year.. but I still have 100 lbs roughly to lose.
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    WishfulThinning18
    Sunday
    Previous Weight: 276
    Current Weight: 268.4
This discussion has been closed.