Introduce yourself

Options
123457»

Replies

• npeery
    npeery Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that I found this group! I'm Nicole and I'm 30. I'm from Indiana and I currently reside in a small town that is 30 minutes north of Indianapolis. I am currently 169 pounds and I'd like to be 135-140. My family and friends are bad influences and I need all of the support and motivation I can get.
  • goCOLTS25
    goCOLTS25 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I live in Fishers and am pretty excited to have this group. I am just starting my 150lb weight loss journey on my own - something I thought I couldn't do! I was just a semi-finalist for Extreme Weight Loss, but I was rejected as they chose the finalists to go to LA. I was pretty bummed, which is probably an understatement. I decided to start a Facebook page to have as many supporters and accountability partners as possible and joined MFP to track what is going in my body.

I'd love to be MFP friends and for you to follow my journey! I am totally new to living a healthy life and would love your tips and suggestions!

Kristina
    www.facebook.com/journeyto150
  • michaelatyler2012
    michaelatyler2012 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi, I'm Miki. Just moved to a little town outside of Evansville with my husband and 4 kiddos at the beginning of the year. Currently, pregnant with Baby #5. I used MFP to help drop 30 pounds last summer and fall. Now, I like using it to help monitor my sugar and sodium intake while preggo.
  • gretaelisif1
    gretaelisif1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi. I live in Grabill (NE of Ft Wayne). Although we’re from NE OH. On MFP b/c of health problems. I have chronic mono, which had been pretty bad all summer, & my husband thought maybe I wasn’t getting enough protein. Have been logging it & trying to get more. Maybe it’s helped a little so far. Also I have some arthritis & a bad ACL. So I can’t get much exercise, & now weigh 175 but am prob. supposed to weigh 135. 😓 Working on that too. We have 3 kids, 1 who’s a meatcutter, 1 who’s homeschooled, & a 2½-yr-old. And a Rottweiler & an English Bulldog. 🙂
  • candicelhawkins
    candicelhawkins Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Candi, I'm about 40 mins north of Indy. I have no problems working out, I probably workout too much o:) I try to walk and/or use my elliptical 45+ mins a day, walking the dogs, just got a stepper machine will be adding that to the mix, have a personal trainer 2x a wk, not to mention the busyness of life. Eating or the lack of eating I would say is my biggest struggle :( Most of the time just the thought of food turns my stomach all different directions. I've lost 75 pds, but gained 10 back this summer stupid, yummy mountain dew slushies :tired_face::D (top weight 245). I've had MPF for several yrs really haven't used it much the past couple yrs. I had mostly used the fitbit app mostly for tracking activity and steps until it stopped working. I've really fallen off the wagon holding my self-accountable with eating, drinking enough water, etc. I'm married (18 yrs in a few weeks), together we have 7 kids ages 33 to 23, all raised (well, minus the youngest who's still at home, but an adult) we have 11 grands ages 8mths to 15 yrs. Currently, 2 dogs, a shepherd-pit mix and a chihuahua and 2 cats (always hoping for more animals and babies) o:):D My goal weight is 150, but as long as I'm healthy, I'm not getting any younger and see so many older folks who struggle just doing every day activities like walking, standing that I rather be healty than skinny. I have RA, maybe 6 yrs ago it hit me like a ton of bricks, I couldn't make it up a flight of stairs w/o stopping to catch my breath and being completely exhausted, at that rate I would have been in a wheelchair by now and/or on oxgyen, my health was so horrible. Maybe it was a mid-life crisis, I don't know. But I was too young to be that old. I had to make a change. And here I am today... Not exactly where I wanna be but working toward that goal. :)
  • msannarichey
    msannarichey Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Is anyone still active in this group? South Whitley here :)