Replies

• destiny_sierra
    destiny_sierra Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wednesday May 6 Check in
    Steps: 14,481
    Water: 2.5L
    Calories: Under

I think I am going to take things a little easier today, my shins were starting to hurt towards the end of yesterday, I did do a Leslie Sansone video yesterday and I loved it but I don't think a video is in the cards today. It has been about 3 months of getting between 2500 and 6000 steps a days, May 1 is when I started striving for 10,000 again, my body is saying today is rest day, too hard, too fast.

May 7 goals
    Steps: 6000
    Water: 3L
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,485 Member
    Options
    Wednesday May 6 Check in
    Steps: 14,481

I think I am going to take things a little easier today, my shins were starting to hurt towards the end of yesterday, I did do a Leslie Sansone video yesterday and I loved it but I don't think a video is in the cards today. It has been about 3 months of getting between 2500 and 6000 steps a days, May 1 is when I started striving for 10,000 again, my body is saying today is rest day, too hard, too fast.

May 7 goals

Definitely listen to your body. You don’t want an injury.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Thursday, May 7 --- check in

Today's To Do List --
    do chair yoga + 5 min walk, drink all water, be mindful of food choices; log everything
    Get outside today is a Must ... planning to eat lunch outside and read for a bit
    Continue computer research project for at least 30 min.

Hope Y'all have a great day!! :)

Good luck with your to do list today! Enjoy your outdoor lunch! 😋
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 73 minute walk
    Water: not enough
    Home workout: 2/4
    Steps 5/6 11,760

I didn’t get my cardio workout in yesterday. I turned on the tv to put on YouTube but the repatriation ceremony for the service members who died in the helicopter crash was on and I watched it. Today I am going to walk in the park. When I walk close to home it is so easy to give up on my walk. In the park I have no other choice but to walk back home. I think I will try for a 6km walk today.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 6km
    2. Cardio workout
    3. Tai chi
    4. 9 cups water
    5. Stay within calorie goal

You’ve been doing so good with your walks that I think it’s ok to do a miss on the home video workout. I know you’ll be able to do the full 6k!
  • mari_moulin
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Exercise: 73 minute walk
    Water: not enough
    Home workout: 2/4
    Steps 5/6 11,760

I didn’t get my cardio workout in yesterday. I turned on the tv to put on YouTube but the repatriation ceremony for the service members who died in the helicopter crash was on and I watched it. Today I am going to walk in the park. When I walk close to home it is so easy to give up on my walk. In the park I have no other choice but to walk back home. I think I will try for a 6km walk today.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 6km
    2. Cardio workout
    3. Tai chi
    4. 9 cups water
    5. Stay within calorie goal

Great job on your walks! Keep pressing for the cardio workout too! I know I would be proud to have accomplished 30 minutes or 2k of walking, and you’ve done so much more! Maybe I should start walking. Anyway here’s a bit of a check in for me (although my weigh in day is Saturday).
    Today the scale reads 310.2. That’s a big loss in the last week, although my normal day to day fluctuation can be as much as 5 or 6 lbs. (not necessarily healthy but that’s what it is). I’ve also been logging all my food in MFP, so I actually know my calorie goal and how far I am from it.
    I’ve also been doing planks for 4 days. It’s the best quick exercise I could find that sounds at least doable and not terrible.

Yea well done with your loss so far for this week. Don’t let those fluctuations get to you just keep doing what you know works. I’m glad you found some workouts that work for you. I am not very good with planks. My core is not strong enough and my shoulders are bad so I really hate doing them.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Wednesday May 6 Check in
    My Steps: 14,481

May 7 goals

I agree with Linda. Listen to your body. The last thing you want is an injury. Leslie sansone videos are harder than they look. I think I as long as you are giving it your best you will be successful. Keep at it and rest when your body says you need it!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    5/7 steps 21916
  • Murphyi150
    Murphyi150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    May 7th. 9954 steps.
  • dabbers18
    dabbers18 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Starting weight......222.4
    1st weigh in.......222.1
    Steps done ......46,367
    Exercise done....lots of deep cleaning
    Recording meals.....useless
    Loss this week is a little 0.3
    Hubby finally home after his double bypass. He very tired and I got loads of different emotions running through me. But he now on the mend and home. 😁😁😁
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    dabbers18 wrote: »
    1st weigh in.......222.1
    Steps done ......46,367
    Hubby finally home after his double bypass. He very tired and I got loads of different emotions running through me. But he now on the mend and home. 😁😁😁

So happy to hear your husband is home and recovering from his surgery. I can’t even imagine how the experience must have been for the two of you. On top of it all you managed a loss! That’s just amazing. I’m keeping you two in my prayers and wishing you hubs a speedy recovery 🙏🏻❤️
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    5/7 steps 21916
    Murphyi150 wrote: »
    May 7th. 9954 steps.

Gotcha both down thanks!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Check-In: Thursday, May 7th

•Log all food: Fail ❌
    •Calories: Under ✔️
    •Exercise: 5K run ✔️
    •Water: 2L ✔️
    •Steps: 12,086 ✔️

Good morning Team! The scale is up a tad bit this morning but I’m not stressing about this. I had a difficult day yesterday with my energy and wasn’t able to do my IF day. I did well up until later in the evening when I had a handful of almonds and a cup of apple sorbet. I was still under for the day but I broke my fasting period. I didn’t log it cause I forgot but i put it in this morning.

I still haven’t gone to do my shopping which I had planned to do this morning and I realized it’s a bank holiday here and shops are closed 🤦🏻‍♀️. Good thing I’ve got some back up foods. I’ll have to do my shopping tomorrow.

Just got a 5k run in this morning. I was feeling better so went ahead and ran it. Today I am doing OMAD so my one meal will be at dinner time. Have a great day everyone!

May goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    May 7th steps: 7 106
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    dabbers18 wrote: »
    1st weigh in.......222.1
    Steps done ......46,367

Congratulations on your loss even in a difficult situation. I am glad your husband is recovering and I hope things settle down for you.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Check-In: Thursday, May 7th

•Log all food: Fail ❌
    •Calories: Under ✔️
    •Exercise: 5K run ✔️
    •Water: 2L ✔️
    •Steps: 12,086 ✔️

Good morning Team! The scale is up a tad bit this morning but I’m not stressing about this. I had a difficult day yesterday with my energy and wasn’t able to do my IF day. I did well up until later in the evening when I had a handful of almonds and a cup of apple sorbet. I was still under for the day but I broke my fasting period. I didn’t log it cause I forgot but i put it in this morning.

I still haven’t gone to do my shopping which I had planned to do this morning and I realized it’s a bank holiday here and shops are closed 🤦🏻‍♀️. Good thing I’ve got some back up foods. I’ll have to do my shopping tomorrow.

Just got a 5k run in this morning. I was feeling better so went ahead and ran it. Today I am doing OMAD so my one meal will be at dinner time. Have a great day everyone!

May goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.

Glad you are feeling better today.
  • jcpez1969
    jcpez1969 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh In

PW: 275.4
    CW: 273.6
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    jcpez1969 wrote: »
    Friday Weigh In

Well done on the weight loss!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    jcpez1969 wrote: »
    Friday Weigh In

Nice loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thursday’s check in
    Exercise: 1hr42m walk, 15 minute strength training workout video
    Water:✅
    Home workout: 3/4

Steps 5/7 13,726

PW 208.4
    CW 209.4

The weight gain is disappointing. The scales went down steadily at the beginning of the week and the last 2 days it went up. Well that’s weight loss for you.

My was yesterday was nice but I was really tired after. It is the furthest I have gone so far (6.79km). I walked at a slower pace than the previous 2 days. It was warm out and the cherry blossoms were beautiful. Next week, I am going to push for a 7km walk.

I did a YouTube strength training video. My dumbbells are only 3 lbs, so I need to get a 5lb set to switch between exercises. I am going to switch between the strength and the cardio workouts.

Today’s goals
    1. 5km walk
    2. Cardio workout
    3. Tai chi
    4. Stay within calorie goal
    5. Log all foods
    6. 8 cups water
This discussion has been closed.