Options
    @metonymicalinsanity and @destiny_sierra

Welcome to the team!!!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi folks,
    My name is Josh. I live in central PA, USA. My long term goals are to get down to a target weight around where I was when I graduated college (230 or so). Right now I’m a little below my highest weight (in 2018 I hit 340) at current weight of 317. I joined a gym in 2018 and was on a bit of a roll swimming and stationary bike. Now I’m stuck at home floundering. I got down to 300 but I’m back up. Other than the health reasons for joining MFP I also have a family and want to be able to run around and do sports with them, I want to do a triathlon some day. I’m also a Christian and my faith means a lot to me. I can’t help but think of the scripture that says “physical training is of some value...” and even thought the point is that spiritual training is more valuable it certainly also means that being in shape is meaningful too. So that’s me :) I’m looking forward to the camaraderie of sharing a goal and working with you all (I hear our team are the reigning champions?), let’s go downsizers!

Thanks for sharing your journey with us Josh! I am inspired by what you’ve done so far and am looking forward to celebrate all your victories with you!

Running around with my munchkins is also one of the reasons I wanted to get fit and healthy! Totally worth all the hard work and sacrifices I’ve made!
  • metonymicalinsanity
    metonymicalinsanity Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Happy to be here!
    @metonymicalinsanity and @destiny_sierra

Welcome to the team!!!

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,585 Member
    Options

ekipbnqv04u6.png
    tw8g2poizd0m.png
    PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Downsizers 1.18%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.81%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 0.64%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Downsizers 42.0Lbs
    2nd Shrinking Assets 30.7Lbs
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 28.9Lbs
    kxhixey3d801.png

Way to go team!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    r858gira4va2.jpeg

APRIL WEEK 5 STEP RESULTS
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 265,184 STEPS

TOP 3 STEPPERS

@mari_moulin - 92,789 steps
    @19shmoo69 - 81,729 steps
    @lindamtuck2018 - 65,283 steps

APRIL STEP CHALLENGE FINALE!!!

AS A GROUP WE WALKED 1,333,924 STEPS!!!

TOP 3 STEPPERS

@mari_moulin - 384,402 steps
    @lindamtuck2018 - 305,921 steps
    @19shmoo69 - 290,912 steps

Well done everyone!! Let’s Keep those steps coming in May!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 73 minute walk (5.02km)
    Water:✅

Steps 5/3 11,295

I am a little overwhelmed with the Covid19 restrictions these past few days. My beautiful home province of Newfoundland has put a travel ban in effect starting today. No non residents will be allowed into the province. I knew there was a good chance I wouldn’t see my parents and father in-law this summer but now it is for sure. I have to be careful to not eat my feelings. To prevent this I am going to continue my walking and tai chi. I am going to add a cardio workout for the 4 out of 7 challenge @lisasolo149 started. I am also going back to doing my diamond paintings to occupy my mind.

What do you do to prevent over eating in times of stress?
  • metonymicalinsanity
    Options
    Thanks Mari. I’ve never been part of a support group before so this is nice.
    I just wanted to post this here too: I’ve been doing the May 60 minute plank challenge that someone else posted over in the challenge section and so far I’ve done 3 minutes of planking yesterday and just finished 3 more.

To avoid overeating when I’m stressed... I guess one thing is just make sure to go to bed on time since most of my overeating comes at mealtimes or in the evening.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Sunday Review Check In
    Calories - Over, still good for the week, but I did end up over maintenance. Note to self do not make homemade cinnamon rolls unless you are prepared for the consequences lol

Exercise- good

Hydration- Good

Monday Goals
    Calories - Green
    Walk 4.4 Miles
    Do something nice for myself today
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Sunday check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 73 minute walk (5.02km)
    Water:✅

Steps 5/3 11,295

I am a little overwhelmed with the Covid19 restrictions these past few days. My beautiful home province of Newfoundland has put a travel ban in effect starting today. No non residents will be allowed into the province. I knew there was a good chance I wouldn’t see my parents and father in-law this summer but now it is for sure. I have to be careful to not eat my feelings. To prevent this I am going to continue my walking and tai chi. I am going to add a cardio workout for the 4 out of 7 challenge @lisasolo149 started. I am also going back to doing my diamond paintings to occupy my mind.

What do you do to prevent over eating in times of stress?

I’m with you there Linda. We also always see my in-laws for every holiday and vacation and we’ve now missed Easter with them and it looks like we will also not see them this summer. I was also meant to come to the states this summer to see my sister and grandma but it also looks like that won’t be happening. It’s truly sad but I can understand how it’s safer for them and us to stay home until this thing passes. We are lucky to have the technology we have at our fingertips today. Had this happened only 10 or 15 years ago it would have been a whole different story. Think of the positives even if it’s hard to. You have so many great goals to focus on and to keep you busy.

Something that helps prevent me from over eating is chewing gum, drinking water, brushing my teeth right, and like Josh...going to bed on time so I don’t go looking for late night snacks.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Good Morning!

Sunday Review Check In
    Calories - Over, still good for the week, but I did end up over maintenance. Note to self do not make homemade cinnamon rolls unless you are prepared for the consequences lol

Exercise- good

Hydration- Good

Monday Goals
    Calories - Green
    Walk 4.4 Miles
    Do something nice for myself today

Hahaha that’s me this week as well. I also made cinnamon rolls and other delicious treats. I did good about it eating it all myself but I have to admit I did have a couple of helpings 🤦🏻‍♀️ can’t wait to hear what nice thing you did for yourself ❤️
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Thanks Mari. I’ve never been part of a support group before so this is nice.
    I just wanted to post this here too: I’ve been doing the May 60 minute plank challenge that someone else posted over in the challenge section and so far I’ve done 3 minutes of planking yesterday and just finished 3 more.

To avoid overeating when I’m stressed... I guess one thing is just make sure to go to bed on time since most of my overeating comes at mealtimes or in the evening.

Well done on the plank challenge! I can’t even keep myself in position for more than a minute so WOW! 3 is amazing! I’m assuming you are splitting the time right. Otherwise wowza!
  • destiny_sierra
    destiny_sierra Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    May 3 Steps: 15,231
    Water: No, still working on this part, I always start good but never manage to get over 2L
    Exercise: 2 45min walks
    Calories: Green
  • mari_moulin
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Good Morning,
    May 3 Steps: 15,231
    Water: No, still working on this part, I always start good but never manage to get over 2L
    Exercise: 2 45min walks
    Calories: Green

Hi! Well done with your goals. I see you added your steps in your check in. Did you want to join our team step challenge?
  • metonymicalinsanity
    Options
    Oh I definitely can’t hold a plank for 3 minutes. I think I did one on my elbows for 45 seconds this morning so that’s about my max. But yes it’s a really good exercise if you don’t have much time.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Team Downsizers!! We won the month of April!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TEAM!!!
  • Murphyi150
    Murphyi150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Username: murphyi150
    Weigh in week: 6
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 160.2
    Current weight: 159.6
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Murphyi150 wrote: »

Nicely done it’s going down down down!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin Could you add me to the May step challenge? Would you prefer step totals daily or once per week?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Murphyi150 wrote: »

Congrats on the loss!
This discussion has been closed.