DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin Could you add me to the May step challenge? Would you prefer step totals daily or once per week?

You can do what’s easier for you. The good thing about doing it daily is that you check in with your team and we get to hear from you. 😘 but you can do it how it beat suits you.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    May 3rd steps: 6856
  • kyfrancik
    kyfrancik Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Username:kyfrancik
    Weigh in week:1
    Weigh in day:Monday
    Previous week:200.6
    Current Weight:194.0

My long-term problem is consistency. I can be disciplined for 3-6 weeks and lose 10-15 pounds, but I can’t sustain the loss. I changed jobs 6 years ago to a more sedentary type of work and within 4 years I had gained 50 pounds. I want to weigh in the 150’s. That’s the weight where I feel physically my best. I’m hoping some healthy competition and encouragement will help on this journey.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Good Morning!

Sunday Review Check In
    Calories - Over, still good for the week, but I did end up over maintenance. Note to self do not make homemade cinnamon rolls unless you are prepared for the consequences lol

Exercise- good

Hydration- Good

Monday Goals
    Calories - Green
    Walk 4.4 Miles
    Do something nice for myself today

Hahaha that’s me this week as well. I also made cinnamon rolls and other delicious treats. I did good about it eating it all myself but I have to admit I did have a couple of helpings 🤦🏻‍♀️ can’t wait to hear what nice thing you did for yourself ❤️
    Good Morning!

Sunday Review Check In
    Calories - Over, still good for the week, but I did end up over maintenance. Note to self do not make homemade cinnamon rolls unless you are prepared for the consequences lol

Exercise- good

Hydration- Good

Monday Goals
    Calories - Green
    Walk 4.4 Miles

Hahaha that’s me this week as well. I also made cinnamon rolls and other delicious treats. I did good about it eating it all myself but I have to admit I did have a couple of helpings 🤦🏻‍♀️ can’t wait to hear what nice thing you did for yourself ❤️

Well I had planned to get my nails done today as our salons have opened back up, but with the social distancing measures they need to take and the fact that no one has been able to go in about 2 months they did not have any openings. I did get an appointment for Sunday with my daughter, so that will be a fun Mother’s Day activity.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    As
    kyfrancik wrote: »

My long-term problem is consistency. I can be disciplined for 3-6 weeks and lose 10-15 pounds, but I can’t sustain the loss. I changed jobs 6 years ago to a more sedentary type of work and within 4 years I had gained 50 pounds. I want to weigh in the 150’s. That’s the weight where I feel physically my best. I’m hoping some healthy competition and encouragement will help on this journey.

You are off to a great start!!
  • charlottemilton
    charlottemilton Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Late check in. I was out of range of wifi and internet yesterday.

charlottemilton
    Sunday
    PW 139.5
    CW 139.5

I have been so bad this week I am surprised I didn't gain.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,528 Member
    Options

Congrats on reaching onderland!
  • destiny_sierra
    destiny_sierra Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    May 3 Steps: 15,231
    Water: No, still working on this part, I always start good but never manage to get over 2L
    Exercise: 2 45min walks
    Calories: Green

Hi! Well done with your goals. I see you added your steps in your check in. Did you want to join our team step challenge?

Yes I would like to join the team step challenge if possible
  • Murphyi150
    Murphyi150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    May 4th. 11,100 steps.
  • mari_moulin
    Options

Amazing!! And you made it back into Onederland!! Congratulations. You will be back in the 150’s in no time! You’ve got this 💪🏻
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Good Morning!

Sunday Review Check In

Exercise- good

Hydration- Good

Monday Goals
    Calories - Green
    Walk 4.4 Miles

Good Morning!

Sunday Review Check In

Exercise- good

Hydration- Good

Monday Goals
    Calories - Green
    Walk 4.4 Miles

Well I had planned to get my nails done today as our salons have opened back up, but with the social distancing measures they need to take and the fact that no one has been able to go in about 2 months they did not have any openings. I did get an appointment for Sunday with my daughter, so that will be a fun Mother’s Day activity.

Ahhh that sucks but better safe than sorry right. Just a few more days to go for your nails to be done and on the perfect day too 💐
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Good Morning,
    May 3 Steps: 15,231
    Water: No, still working on this part, I always start good but never manage to get over 2L
    Exercise: 2 45min walks
    Calories: Green

Hi! Well done with your goals. I see you added your steps in your check in. Did you want to join our team step challenge?

Yes I would like to join the team step challenge if possible

Perfect! Gotcha in there.
  • lisasolo149
    lisasolo149 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Today’s Monday weigh-in: 173.3 lbs

Up a few pounds but trying to remember it’s most likely water weight. The last few days I have been good with workouts and not too bad with diet (but not amazing either).

Have done home workouts (on rowing machine) 3/4 days since May 1st.

Goals for tomorrow: stay under 1500 calories, walk at least 5000 steps, do home workout for at least 40 minutes.

Hope you are all having a good start to the week during these crazy times! It seems odd to say this in a fitness support group but if you are feeling isolated or having a tough time with how unpredictable and challenging things are right now you are definitely not alone. Be kind and patient with yourselves - just getting through each day is progress right now :)
  • mari_moulin
    Options

Up a few pounds but trying to remember it’s most likely water weight. The last few days I have been good with workouts and not too bad with diet (but not amazing either).

Goals for tomorrow: stay under 1500 calories, walk at least 5000 steps, do home workout for at least 40 minutes.

Hope you are all having a good start to the week during these crazy times! It seems odd to say this in a fitness support group but if you are feeling isolated or having a tough time with how unpredictable and challenging things are right now you are definitely not alone. Be kind and patient with yourselves - just getting through each day is progress right now :)

You are absolutely right. Even tho this is a weight loss group it fits in perfectly because our day to day lives and struggles affect how we eat and how we take care of ourselves. It’s important to be kind to ourselves especially in times like these. Thank you for your kind words

Good luck on all your goals for today. Let me know if you want to join in the step challenge I’m more than happy to add you in if you want to join us.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Check-In: Monday, May 4th

•Log all food: Done ✔️
    •Calories: Under ✔️
    •Exercise: 45 min walk with the kiddo ✔️
    •Water: 2L ✔️
    •Steps: 15,496 ✔️

Weekend damage repaired. I completed OMAD day yesterday and today I’m back on my IF schedule. I was able to get in a nice walk with Sam and I mowed my lawn. Spent a lot of time outdoors making the most of the sunny weather before the rain comes back today. I already got my 5K in bright and early this morning and about to start homeschooling. Have a wonderful day everyone!

May goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.
  • metonymicalinsanity
    metonymicalinsanity Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Goals for today (could use some extra motivation):
    Do 2.5 or 3 minutes of planks
    Stay under calorie goal
    Do an exercise walk
    Tend the garden
    Drink 2 quarts of water
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    5/4 steps 5941
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

You are doing great on the home workouts. I only have 1/4 done so far.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Check-In: Monday, May 4th

•Log all food: Done ✔️
    •Calories: Under ✔️
    •Exercise: 45 min walk with the kiddo ✔️
    •Water: 2L ✔️
    •Steps: 15,496 ✔️

Weekend damage repaired. I completed OMAD day yesterday and today I’m back on my IF schedule. I was able to get in a nice walk with Sam and I mowed my lawn. Spent a lot of time outdoors making the most of the sunny weather before the rain comes back today. I already got my 5K in bright and early this morning and about to start homeschooling. Have a wonderful day everyone!

May goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.

I want to look more into IF. Do you have any resources to recommend? On my good days I only eat in an 8 hour window but I do drink black coffee in the mornings.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Goals for today (could use some extra motivation):
    Do 2.5 or 3 minutes of planks
    Stay under calorie goal
    Do an exercise walk
    Tend the garden
    Drink 2 quarts of water

You have some awesome goals. I like that you are going to garden, it is exercise and relaxing at the same time.
This discussion has been closed.