lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,554 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 77 minute walk(5.48km), 20 minute cardio workout
    Water:✅
    Home workout: 1/4

Steps 5/4 12,541

I enjoyed my workout video yesterday. I am going to try and stick to doing this a little more consistently. Today, I am going to try and walk 5.5km. I think I will incorporate the hill again today. It really brings the heart rate up.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 5.5 km
    2. Cardio workout
    3. Tai chi
    4. Drink 8 cups of water
    5. Stay within calorie goal
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    May 4th Steps: 7 676
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm a little late in the introduction but I didn't see that I had been tagged to a team until last night. I'm excited to join you all! I'm 46/F, currently quarantining on Long Island which is great for being able to get out and move. I'm looking to become more active, reduce pain in my joints, and obviously look better by losing about 100lbs during my weight loss plan. In the month of May, I'm really just starting to get serious so I'm hoping to hit and maintain 10,000 steps a day and become really consistent with logging all of my meals and drinks. The number on the scale is a concern, but setting myself up with good habits is my first priority. My diet plan is pretty simple - CICO with low carb macros because carbs are where I tend to overeat/drink. My weigh-in day is on Wednesday, so I'm looking forward to getting started. :smiley:
  • destiny_sierra
    destiny_sierra Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    May 4 Check in
    Steps: 10,311
    Calories: Green (just but still...)
    Water: Not Enough
    Exercise: Just OK

I find I can get my steps in by going for a couple short walks in the neighborhood but I am struggling with the exercise part. I have been living in-between 2 houses in 2 countries and now with the quarantine, I can't go to the other house which has all of my workout equipment. I need to find motivation to find videos online and just do them.

Tuesday's Goals
    - over 10,000 steps
    - do some type of exercise other than walking
    - drink more than 1.5L of Water
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,554 Member
    Options
    May 4 Check in

I find I can get my steps in by going for a couple short walks in the neighborhood but I am struggling with the exercise part. I have been living in-between 2 houses in 2 countries and now with the quarantine, I can't go to the other house which has all of my workout equipment. I need to find motivation to find videos online and just do them.

Tuesday's Goals
    - over 10,000 steps

Can you try doing a workout video on YouTube? There is such a good selection. Some suggestions I have been given in the past are:
    -yoga with Adriene
    -fitness blender
    -pop Pilates
    -Leslie Sansone
    -fitness Marshall
    -popsugar

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Goals for today (could use some extra motivation):
    Do 2.5 or 3 minutes of planks
    Stay under calorie goal
    Do an exercise walk
    Tend the garden
    Drink 2 quarts of water

You’re gonna crush today’s goals I just know it. The day is not over yet! Get those planks done get that walk in!! Garden away and drink drink drink til you shrink shrink shrink!! You can do it! While you keep yourself busy you aren’t eating so you will surely stay under calorie goal!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Check-In: Monday, May 4th

•Log all food: Done ✔️
    •Calories: Under ✔️
    •Exercise: 45 min walk with the kiddo ✔️
    •Water: 2L ✔️
    •Steps: 15,496 ✔️

Weekend damage repaired. I completed OMAD day yesterday and today I’m back on my IF schedule. I was able to get in a nice walk with Sam and I mowed my lawn. Spent a lot of time outdoors making the most of the sunny weather before the rain comes back today. I already got my 5K in bright and early this morning and about to start homeschooling. Have a wonderful day everyone!

May goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.

I want to look more into IF. Do you have any resources to recommend? On my good days I only eat in an 8 hour window but I do drink black coffee in the mornings.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/intermittent-fasting-guide

This is the link I share when people ask about IF. It has lots of useful information.

My eating window is between 12pm and 8pm. I stop eating and head to bed by 9. Before 12 PM I drink water, tea, and coffee no creams or sweeteners. I’ve gotten used to unsweetened black coffee going on 2 months now. I never had it with cream but I was using stevia prior to this. I decided to just stop altogether. This IF plan works great for me and I do add in a day or 2 of OMAD or a full 24 hour fast. I usually do this when I’m having tummy issues.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Monday check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 77 minute walk(5.48km), 20 minute cardio workout
    Water:✅
    Home workout: 1/4

Steps 5/4 12,541

I enjoyed my workout video yesterday. I am going to try and stick to doing this a little more consistently. Today, I am going to try and walk 5.5km. I think I will incorporate the hill again today. It really brings the heart rate up.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 5.5 km
    2. Cardio workout
    3. Tai chi
    4. Drink 8 cups of water
    5. Stay within calorie goal

Well done with your workouts Linda! They are helping you with your daily steps as well! You’ve really stepped it up a notch 😁
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm a little late in the introduction but I didn't see that I had been tagged to a team until last night. I'm excited to join you all! I'm 46/F, currently quarantining on Long Island which is great for being able to get out and move. I'm looking to become more active, reduce pain in my joints, and obviously look better by losing about 100lbs during my weight loss plan. In the month of May, I'm really just starting to get serious so I'm hoping to hit and maintain 10,000 steps a day and become really consistent with logging all of my meals and drinks. The number on the scale is a concern, but setting myself up with good habits is my first priority. My diet plan is pretty simple - CICO with low carb macros because carbs are where I tend to overeat/drink. My weigh-in day is on Wednesday, so I'm looking forward to getting started. :smiley:

Hi and welcome! So happy you found your way to us!! I’m looking forward to witnessing your 100 lb weight loss!!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    May 4 Check in

Tuesday's Goals
    - over 10,000 steps

That sucks that you don’t have your workout equipment with you but you’ve done so well keeping up with your steps so far. Adding a workout video to that will just be that cherry on top. There so much to choose from on you tube. Have you tried anything by Leslie sansone ? She’s for walking workouts that really get the heart rate up and helps with adding steps.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options

Welcome!!!
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In

Week 1 May
    PW 173.8
    CW 171.4

Last week I know I was up due to water weight and I’m happy to see that gone, now to just keep the scale moving downward.

• destiny_sierra
    Options
    May 4 Check in

Tuesday's Goals
    - over 10,000 steps

Can you try doing a workout video on YouTube? There is such a good selection. Some suggestions I have been given in the past are:
    -yoga with Adriene
    -fitness blender
    -pop Pilates
    -Leslie Sansone
    -fitness Marshall
    -popsugar

Thank you for the suggestions, I did try a beginner video this afternoon on Youtube, it was a great way to get back at it. I will have to look these up.
  • mellane30
    mellane30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What a week already and it's only Tuesday. haha. I managed to get into the 2nd car accident of my entire life. Thankfully it was a small one. I got my new scale today. Yay. All scales are a little different but I'm sure it'll be fine. I also got my new running shoes. I went with the Asics. So far I really like them.
    This week, I am really going to focus on calorie intake. I cleaned out my pantry and fridge and I have the worst habit of opening the fridge and looking for...something...and then getting frustrated and walking away. My emotional food association is so bad. I don't know where to start to fix that. I know it's mental/emotional. It's not physical.
    I've started keeping a journal and writing down exactly what I'm feeling. It seems like putting it into words helps me identify it and thereby helps me address it.
    We'll see!
    Hope you all are staying sane and busy!

Username: Mellane30
    Weighin Week: 05/04/2020
    Weighin Day: Monday
    Previous weight: Don't remember. I think it was 212 or 213
    Current weight: 211.8

• destiny_sierra
    Options
    May 4 Check in

Tuesday's Goals
    - over 10,000 steps

That sucks that you don’t have your workout equipment with you but you’ve done so well keeping up with your steps so far. Adding a workout video to that will just be that cherry on top. There so much to choose from on you tube. Have you tried anything by Leslie sansone ? She’s for walking workouts that really get the heart rate up and helps with adding steps.

I tried a Youtube video this afternoon for the first time but no, I haven't tried anything else, I will certainly look that up, thanks for the suggestion.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options

Welcome to the group! Sounds like you’ve got an excellent plan!
    o32k42ny04dq.jpeg

Just a little motivation and inspiration for you all and also a little reminder to myself of how far I’ve come! I tend to be very hard on myself these days.

Wow, Mari!!!!!!! What an amazing transformation! So very proud of you!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    4/5 steps 3452
  • Murphyi150
    Murphyi150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    May 5. 6922 steps.
This discussion has been closed.