Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    Food - on plan
    Water - 2l
    Exercise - 90 min walk, ball hockey with energetic kids, 10,155 steps

Sorry for the late post today. Yesterday was a good day. The weather was good, so we spent a lot of time outdoors. Kids are getting their school work done, which is good. I wanted to have the weekend free, so I decided to clean the entire house today. All that is left is my office, which I can do quickly tomorrow. I am so wiped so won’t do a long post. I am loving all of the lovely photos everyone is posting! @hope002 - Thanks, I appreciate your explanation of how you do IF! You and hubby look fantastic! I love that side by said photo!!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Holy cow - forgot to post my weigh in yesterday!

Username: GingerPwr

PW 138
    CW 137
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    My my my...Today was my FIRST TMS treatment! Boy, my head, eyes and even nose hurt! Head the most though! The nice technician said I should take Tylenol or iBuprofen before or after each treatment. I HAVE to go EVERY DAY of the week for 6 weeks! Then taper off for the following 3 weeks. Today's treatment took 45-1 hour long, mainly because the Dr. And tech had to run tests to find the right numbers and levels for me to be at, and of course that took forever because they were watching my right hand and my fingers were supposed to switch and when my thumb twitched they would have the right settings...Well, it took so long before everything would twitch, so I assume that meant the levels would be higher for me and I thought oh great, this thing is gonna be stronger now...Well, I finally was ready for the treatment and it is a RAPID tapping in the same spot on your head and it made my whole head tighten and I hated it! Right then, I thought God, what did I get myself into!! She tried to adjust it as best as she could, but it didn't make the tightening and pain any better, but she said as long as it was just my head and not into my face, it would be okay and she explained that I would get better used to it after more treatments...I thought okay, guess I have no choice, but to go ahead. I had first though that it was supposed to continously tap the whole time, but it only rapidly taps for 4 to 6 seconds then gives you a 12 second break and that made me feel so relieved! I probably would have broke down in tears if it had tapped the whole entire course of treatment...Also, today was the longest treatment, the Dr. Told me that every day should take 20-30 minutes, so not as long, but still that seems pretty long to me!! Especially when you have a machine wrapped around your head rapidly tapping the heck out of you! Felt like a dang woodpecker or something! I figure I have nothing to lose...My friend said I am very brave to do it, I said I'm not sure that I'm brave, I'm just desperate for something to work and help! I HOPE this does!!
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    Options
    So my FitBit on MFP says I'm almost at 3k steps and it says I've burned 434 calories...Sometimes I can be at 5k steps and will only burn 200+. Is this correct? I just don't want to over eat thinking I have some calories to play around with. Thanks all, love you!

Also, something else I've thought about...When you select walk on your FitBit and it starts counting the time...If you walk, it'll tell you how many calorie's you've burned, is that base off the time you've been walking or actual like based off your body and the work you're putting into it? Like if I walk for 30 minutes, verses sitting and selecting walk, to pretend I'm walking. Will the calorie burn be the same or will me actually walking be more calories burned?

• GingerPwr
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I think the calorie burn has more to do with your heart rate than anything else. If I just select "workout" no matter what activity I'm doing, I'll have a higher burn for Hiit than I would for weights or yoga.
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    Options
    GingerPwr wrote: »
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I think the calorie burn has more to do with your heart rate than anything else. If I just select "workout" no matter what activity I'm doing, I'll have a higher burn for Hiit than I would for weights or yoga.

Okay, what if I don't select walk? Like, I didn't select walk today and did almost 3k steps and it still shows that I burned 434. I just want to make sure that is right or close to right, not completely wrong. 😊 Perhaps doing TMS made my heart rate sky rocket so I burned calories doing that. Hahaha, idk!
  • taylorsjostrand
    taylorsjostrand Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    TaylorSjostrand
  • bburrer30
    bburrer30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My check in:
    May 6th
    I did not eat really good, and I was not able to go for a walk . All I did was a 10 min yoga when I got up. It was a to the go stressful day.

May 7th :
    Food : I did really good.

Workout : I did my 10 min yoga in the morning and then a 4.65 mile hike ♡

I was able to get in 13,618 steps !
    And I was able to get in my water .

• bburrer30
    bburrer30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bburrer30

CW 175.4

I have seen people posting steps .... I dont know if we are supposed to do that also

1st: 2,875
    2nd: 7,353
    3rd: 5,013
    4th: 12,008
    5th: 11,106
    6th: 2,923
    7th: 13,618
  • GingerPwr
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I have a Fitbit Blaze, and it will automatically log exercise if it senses me being consistently active for a certain period of time. But I can also select an exercise.

I imagine if your heart rate increased for an extended time from your treatment then it could have affected your calorie burn.

Does your Fitbit sync with MFP? Mine does, so it tells me on MFP how many activity calories I've burned. My general rule is to only eat back half of those calories.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Oooh. Sorry about your back trouble. Your kids both sound really driven and like they have awesome goals for themselves. Every new phase in life has its own learning curve, I guess.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    05/07 steps 3752
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in
    Food: set my app for 16:8 IF but it was 17 hours before I ate. Ate as planned. Had a glass of water with dinner instead of wine. Yay me LOL
    Exercise & steps: 20 min Bowflex intervals, 30 min JessicaSmithTV strength training video, 40 min dog walk; 13,300 steps
    Water: ok but could have been better especially with the ST session

Only doing a 14 hour fast today. Headed out to take the dogs for a short walk. Been tending my baby veggie & herb plants in the greenhouse but most danger of frost should be behind us so going to start planting today. Happy Friday all!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Week: week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 133.8
    Today's weight: 133.3
    Weekly Steps: 49757
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia so glad your feeling better and finding time to be outdoors. You sound almost normal again lol.
    @gingerpwr wow Go Casey Go! Do you feel super skinny? How are your clothes fitting? Your doing great!!!
    @nstephen01 Good job yesterday. It seems that all we really need is 1 good day. And then another. How exciting to be planting your garden.
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I had to look up your treatment. Good for you! You hang in there. You have been trying so hard for so long. I hope this goes well for you. It's great to have hope.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx ahhhh to be a parent. Hang in there. Sorry about your health issues. Sounds ambitious to be running again but I completely understand. Hope you feel great the next day.
    @bburrer30 impressive stepping!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @nstephenson01 I don’t know but wine sounds like more fun than water. Lol😀
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Fridays
    PW - 156.0
    CW -155.8

I was hoping for more weight loss this week, but I will take this and keep up my focus. Yesterday was a good day, although the house cleaning marathon left me tired. I was on plan for food, drank 2l of water and walked 45 minutes, with 11,561 steps. It has not been a good week on the distance learning front with my older son. He is just not engaging as well as he did at the beginning and pushing back at us on everything. I just have to take some deep breaths and remember that next week is a new week.

@nstephenson01 - How is the IF going? You are doing great with the exercise. If you are willing, please post a pic of those veggie & herb plants. Would love to see them!

@GingerPwr - Another nice loss! Wtg!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - I really hope that your back pain gets better soon. Nope, parenting does seem to get easier. Big sigh. If your daughter wants to go to uni locally, maybe that is not a bad thing? It depends on whether she is really ready to go, I think. That is fantastic that your son may be scouted by US colleges. I know it is far away, but he must be an excellent player.

@bburrer30 - Fantastic loss, congratulations! Thanks for the steps. You can post daily or in one post on the following Sunday. This week’s challenge runs Sunday, May 3rd to Saturday, May 9th, so you can post your remaining steps on Sunday, May 10th. I will do a separate post a little later reminding everyone.

@taylorsjostrand - Fantastic loss, congratulations!

@CassieGetsFit2013 - I hope that those tms sessions get easier and work for you.

@lennoncpa - Another treat loss! You have been so consistent and doing so well. Do you have a goal weight in mind?
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    I did really well with food yesterday. Molly met me at lunch with Lula Mae to walk in the park. Did my yoga at work. Water good. I struggled with pasta for lunch. I ended up going back and forth whether to eat it all or not. In the end I sighed and left some pasta in my Tupperware. It was incredibly hard to do. When I packed my lunch I had a feeling the portion was going to be a little too big. And it was.
    My back has been bugging me. I think my chiro is closed. Trying to take it easy. Walking actually seems to aggravate it but I have always thought walking was good for my back. Sigh. One day at a time.
    Family is ordering take out from a steakhouse tonight. I am planning to fast a little earlier than usual. But I am a little worried since I packed quite a bit of food for today. I have my herb tea, 2 pieces of homemade WW cinnamon bread, some vegan butter, honey, orange-banana-strawberry-pineapple smoothie with spirulina, leftovers...sweet potato, beet greens, black eye peas, cornbread muffin, garbanzo bean salad with red and orange bell peppers, kalamata olives on red leaf lettuce with olive oil and red wine vinegar, and 2 cuties. Oh and my itty bitty bit of leftover pasta from yesterday. It feels like a minefield. Dangerous but comforting to have so many options.
    TGIF!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hope002
    Friday
    PW 177.7
    CW 176.8
This discussion has been closed.