WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @bburrer30 were happy to have you on our team! one of my favorite snacks is rice cake with sunflower seed butter topped with dried cranberries, raw seeds, cocoa nibs and a small amount of vegan mini chocolate chips. Good luck!
    @GingerPwr great information Casey! Thanks for sharing.

I did pretty good for mothers day. Actually really enjoyed the whole weekend. I was very proud of myself for breakfast and lunch. But for dessert I tried a new shortcake recipe. it had strawberries baked into the biscuit. I did not like it as much as my old recipe. I should have eaten 2 bites, known that it wasn't really working for me and left the rest. But I ate it all. Everyone else loved it. I also had a delicious red wine for lunch and ended up having 1/2 of a second glass. I would have been happier to switch to water. I ended up skipping dinner. Overall I was happy with my choices. It could have been a lot worse. I knew I would use Monday and Tuesday to get "real serious" about losing the extra pound to get to my goal. I have to remind myself that I am not in maintenance mode I am in losing weight mode. It makes a difference on my choices.

I only have a 4 day workweek then vacation. Going to be in the high 80's. Pulling out sundresses, sandals and shorts to pack. Hurrah!!!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,462 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Sunday 5/10
    Food: better but not great
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 45 min and 30 min walks, PT and stretching

I did have a nice Mother's day. Today we are all doing a zoom call over dinner time. I am not sure why it is today and not yesterday but I didn't ask. I know my daughter had something planned with her in laws at some point so it could be because of that. It will be nice to see everyone even if it is virtually.

I am heading out for a walk with Jim now so I don't have time to write too much more. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

WTG team Weight No More! First Place for the Green Challenge! We were also second place over all for weight loss this week! What a great start to May!!
    Congratulations to our team's winners this week- @bburrer30 @Mrsbell8well and @taylorsjostrand for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place!
    Congratulations to our step winners this week too- @JillyBT @timibotkin and @hope002 Excellent stepping ladies!

@tryingagain5 Happy Birthday! I hope this is your best year ever!
    @GingerPwr I liked your quote. My mind can be a bully to my body at times.
    @ljdanny Fantastic steps last week!
    @timibotkin Awesome steps last week! Hope all is going well.
    @twyla77 That is really just maintaining. Sounds like you have been doing well this week. Keep it going. Sounds like you had a nice plan for your Mom today, I am sure she loved it :)
    @hope002 Everyone needs a rest/lazy day once in a while. You always do awesome with your workouts and steps.
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Nice loss! Keep the momentum going and you will have another loss next week. You can do it!!
    @pacsnc6 Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's day spending time in person and virtually with your family. I am so happy to hear that you are getting towards the end of your chemo treatments. I am glad that you haven't had any side effects either. Praying that continues for you. Hugs.
    @bburrer30 The weather definitely can take the motivation right out of you. It is good that you were able to fit in some yoga and little workouts. Glad you enjoyed your Mother's day too.
    @kenzierenzieroo I am glad that you were able to spend time with your Mother on Mother's day, even if it was virtual. I am sure she loved it. It sounds like you had a lovely Mother's day as well. I used to work night shift as a nurse. I know that we have a few team members that work it as well. Hopefully you will get some good tips of what works for other people.
    @GingerPwr Thank you for the post about weighing in. Lots of great information there.
    @Mrsbell8well I am glad you only have 4 days this week and then vacation. You certainly earned it!
    @jedaschultz Great loss! You must have had a great week! Keep it going!
    @podperson01 We must have been writing at the same time! Nice loss this week! What a good idea to have a celebration for everything when this is over. Hopefully your country will follow suit and start opening soon too.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Congrats Team on a great week and especially to our biggest losers!

Weekend Check In...

Saturday
    Food: 16:8 IF Ate as planned until dinner. Hubby was out for a few hours and I wasn't that hungry so ate something lighter from what I had planned to make which I guess is a minor NSV
    Water: Forgot to track but think it was ok
    Exercise: 40 minute dog walk; 11,856 steps

Went to the farmer's market. Too early in Spring for much variety in produce but picked up some lettuce, radishes & salad turnips. Did my grocery shopping and then my husband and I went to help my neighbor with a few things around her house. Turned into a rather busy day.

Sunday
    Food: Planned non fasting day. Falling into a routine of making Sunday morning breakfast so don't fast on Sundays
    Water: Not enough because we were going out for an afternoon excursion
    Exercise: 40 minute dog walk; 11,643 steps

We gave both dogs full body clips which was quite an ordeal as they were so fuzzy then bathed and brushed them so I was not a popular dog mom for Mother's day. Then we loaded them into the Jeep and went for a drive on a narrow forest service road through the mountains. Beautiful wildflowers and spectacular scenery. Mad I didn't take any pictures. Was great until we got stuck in the snow. Hubby loves those adventures.. me, not so much. I think he would have pressed on if I wasn't with him but we turned around and headed home. We were gone about 4 hours, got home around 7 and had a late dinner.

Hope all the mom's had a nice Mother's Day. It falls on a different day in other countries, yes?
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! and Happy Birthday to @tryingagain5! Mothers day was rough with my Mom. My brother came over with his kids (ages 12 and 11) and my son and husband. Tried to keep a good distance from everyone. We were mostly outside for the afternoon and dinner. Sorry to all of you in the snow, it was a nice 78 degrees here in Los Angeles. My parents kept forgetting about the social distance and my mom starting around 7pm became super confused and kept asking my brother and I to drive her back to Los Angeles. She had serious "sun downing". Her dementia, Lewey Body dementia, is so weird.... she can be lucid and understand everything one moment and then the next she is hallucinating or confused. She then gets mad at me (we have always had a good relationship) but this past year she gets mad if I don't do what she wants. I keep reminding myself it is the disease but ughhhhhhhhh!

JillyBT
    Monday Weigh in
    Week 2
    PW 159
    CW 160

I'll take the one pound gain as I practically ate this birthday cake for the last 3 days, had margaritas on my birthday. Notice the plural! And wine last night to give me liquid patience with my parents. I admit I ate the last piece of cake for breakfast today with my coffee! At least it was after a long walk.

@GingerPwr Thanks for sharing your story. It inspired me! And encouraged me not to be afraid of the scale.
    @podperson1 Thanks for the birthday wishes and encouraging not to be afraid of the scale
    @cafelella Thanks and LOVE the Rachel Green GIF!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5 Happy birthday! I was trying to get the time difference right and not wish you greeting too early, but Google tells me it's after 3am there I think so now I'm late! It's almost 7.30pm on the 12th here, I do find it hard thinking "backwards" for the USA 🤣 I am glad you had a good day!

I haven't really caught up with much else, I am very tired. Had a meeting with my daughter and her school dean today and I think we've given her enough reason to stay in high school until the end of the year. Then she can make an informed decision if she wants to go to university a year early.

NZ is going to alert level 2 on Thursday which means that kids go back to school next week and shops can open again. Still some distancing rules, but we are down to single digit new cases each day. And a few days we've had none. Work is still from home if you can, which I will be doing.

I need to be a little more careful with my logging food, but exercise is consistent every day. My knee was niggling at me yesterday so I just kept to the bike and yoga today and it seems a lot better. Honestly I'm surprised my knees are okay at all given what I've put them through over the years!

I'm off to bed early tonight, hope you all have a wonderful day.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    05/11 steps 11602
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,462 Member
    Options
    Monday 5/11
    Food: Too much snacking
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 min walk

I keep forgetting to log my exercise on MFP. My fitbit automatically did it but my apple watch doesn't. I have been so tired lately, like dragging tired. I got up early today and am going to get out and exercise right away so it is behind me for the day. I need to be productive today. I feel like I do much better with staying on plan when I am organized and productive.

I forgot to tell you all yesterday, we got our test results back. My antibody test was positive and the girls were negative. I thought they would be positive too. They didn't go near Jim when he was sick and I was very careful with cleaning and washing my hands. I was constantly wiping everything down with Lysol wipes and washing my hands until they were raw but I didn't stay away from them. Which was stupid looking back but I really did think he has the flu at first. Now I have to figure out about this donating the antibodies. I would like to do that at least. I feel terribly guilty being a nurse and not helping out. I really couldn't with Jim but I used to work in an ICU so I know how crazy it must have been.

Ok, tomorrow I will check in saying I had a good day. I am determined to. I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day!

@nstephenson01 Sounds like you had a good weekend! I definitely think listening to your hunger cues and having a lighter dinner is a NSV. Nice job! Mary Kate has Daisy duty as far as baths and clipping her. They will both be happy when Daisy gets back to the groomer. She has an appointment on Friday. They are a business that has opened here.
    @Mrsbell8well Nice score with the veggies! Hope you enjoyed your drink, 3 more days till vacation!
    @JillyBT Dementia is so difficult on not only the person but the family. You are a wonderful daughter, you are tending to all your parent's needs, not only physically and medically but emotionally too. It was nice for your family to be together with your Mother on Mother's day. No worries about the weight, you will get it off. The cake and margaritas are gone so time to move on! :)
    @tryingagain5 I am glad to hear you had a nice birthday. Who would think that in 2020 we would be happy to get "good toilet paper". Lol! I wrote a thank you to someone who brought us a 20 pack of Scotts when Jim was in the hospital.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Keep us posted on how the phase two opening goes. Do they say anything about the heat making a difference? I keep hearing that but think about you down there having to close up like the rest of us. I need to educate myself about NZ a little more, I just know you are about a day ahead and you are opposite of us in seasons. However, never thought how your school year would run until you said that about your daughter. Hopefully she sees the wisdom from you and her teachers of why she needs to stay in school until the end of the school year. I need to be more consistent with logging too. I know that is really what my problem is with weight loss. I got to get this eating under control.
    @brown6267 Nice stepping there lady! :)
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @jedaschultz and @podperson1 Great losses, ladies! Wooo Hooo!

@Mrsbell8well Your rice cake snack sounds really awesome! I like having a slice of multigrain bread with a little peanut butter and sliced strawberries or apple.

I'm proud of myself. Yesterday was the little one's birthday, and he wanted to order out for Chinese. I plugged and re-plugged options into Noom and settled on a Bento box with Mango shrimp, brown rice, a spicy tuna roll, and seaweed salad. I ate the salad and the sushi roll, and the rest is in the fridge waiting for me to have it in the next few days.

Today, I planned out my day ahead of time, and I have room for a thin slice of the frozen mocha cheesecake I made Caleb for his birthday! Boom! Planning makes a big difference in how I get through my day.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Monday check in
    Food - On plan
    Water - 2l
    Exercise - 1 hour walk, 10,232 steps
    Mondays are always tricky because the kids get cranky with the weekly assignments and online meetings. Yesterday was no exception. I kept focus on my little goals for this month though and just have to keep going, regardless of what is going on around me. With the spring cleaning done, I plan to start reopening my practice later this week. Our province is being very conservative about reopening, but our numbers have diminished considerably for a few weeks now. All businesses are now allowed to be open for cubside pick up and certain types are now fully open. There is talk of letting us socialize in extended family “bubbles” in advance of our long weekend. When that happens, I will travel to see my mom, who has been isolating on her own since late February. No word yet on the schools, but all signs point to a September return.

@GingerPwr - Way to plan!! That is a great way to do take out! Happy birthday to your son! I love your daily weigh in chart!

@sleepymom5 - You can sync your AppleWatch via the Health App on your phone. MFP gives you that option. I hope that you are able to donate blood with those antibodies. I understand how you feel about helping out, but don’t worry about not working as a nurse right now. You have been through so much, and Jim needs you!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - I hope that your knees continue to do well. NZ has been a superstar during this crisis. Hope that back to school goes well for the kids!

@tryingagain5 - Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had an amazing day! I attached virtual cake for you at the bottom of this post!

@JillyBT - Sounds like you had a nice birthday too! Margaritas and cake sound awesome! Sorry about your mom and you are a good daughter for being so patient.

@mrsbell8well - Lovely photos! The juxtaposition of the whiskey and the cornucopia of vegetables made me smile!

@nstephenson01 - You are doing great! Next time post photos of your hike! You live in such a beautiful place!

@podperson1 - Nice loss and you are doing great! Sad that you could not see your dad in person, but the joint party when things open up sounds like fun!

@jedaschultz - Nice loss and your post made me laugh!

@bbburrer30 - TOM will pass don’t worry. My favorite filling snack is 0% plain green yogurt with berries or a tsp of PB2. Always filling. I do a frozen version in the summer too. We have a few people on the team who work or have worked shift who an advise you: @sleepymom5, @tryingain5 and @KUMEcyclingteam.

Here is the virtual bday cake (0 calories) for @tryingagin5.
    3fnlta0o31fv.gif

Sounds like @JillyBT had enough cake, so here is an awesome Rachel Green gif:
    0inyawaralyq.gif

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday @tryingagain5 and @JillyBT

@lennoncpa oh hey a fellow spice girl LOL. I like a lot of heat as well. And, no, we don't take drives often but its a way to get out of the house and doesn't cost any money besides gas which is cheap right now :)

@gingerpwr I weigh myself pretty much every day. It has helped me see trends and takes the power away from the scale when its just another piece of data. Unfortunately my trend has been pretty flat for awhile :( What tremendous restraint with the chinese food! WTG!!

@podperson1 One of the things I miss about living in California is all the wonderful, abundant produce and farmer's markets. Farmers sure have it tougher here in Montana. When the market here opened they warned us to practice social distancing and to make our purchase and go... no socializing but that's not happening, of course.

Monday check in
    Food: 14:10 IF; Ate on plan
    Water: Good
    Exercise & steps: walked the dogs and mowed the front/back lawns; 19,388 steps. Rain is in the forecast for the next 4 days so spent some time on outside chores. I am whooped today and taking a rest day. It can rain all it wants for all I care.
This discussion has been closed.