• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    05/08 steps 8534
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Am super behind on your posts. Shall try and catch up later but hope you're all doing well and staying safe x

I'm having a bit of a bad week weight-wise. Had a total binge on Monday, which haven't done in a while and was over 3lbs up the next day. Have been average to good since then but still isn't going back down much. I just find it really disheartening that it can go up so quickly but is so hard to get down. It feels like one bad day can ruin weeks of work :(
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    My book club just finished Sensible Shoes by Sharon Garlough Brown
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    @sleepymom5
    I talked with my neighbor who fixed my plumbing issues. I told them when the restaurants can open again I would like to take them out for dinner. They both told me I didn't have to do that. Last time he helped me fix something he wouldn't accept payment either and told me to give extra to church. I'm either going to do that or as you said to find someone to pay it forward to. They really are great neighbors. They told me I remind them of a neighbor they had when they lived elsewhere. They would help her with things too. I'm grateful that he's a pretty good handyman. My dad is too but is 85 and I didn't want him to be crawling around under the bathroom sink.
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello & happy Saturday! 😊

I think my lack of exercise caused my gain. I weighed myself Monday morning, I’ve been the same weight all week. I ate really well, I think it was my lack of workouts. Work was so busy, I was just too tired after work to workout & my allergies have been bad, just have not been feeling great! Really going to try to get back to my workouts this week!

Happy Mother’s Day to all you amazing moms! Enjoy your day!🥰❤️🌺🌸🤗
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Hello & happy Saturday! 😊

I think my lack of exercise caused my gain. I weighed myself Monday morning, I’ve been the same weight all week. I ate really well, I think it was my lack of workouts. Work was so busy, I was just too tired after work to workout & my allergies have been bad, just have not been feeling great! Really going to try to get back to my workouts this week!

Happy Mother’s Day to all you amazing moms! Enjoy your day!🥰❤️🌺🌸🤗

Happy Mother's Day, Kirsten. This is a very hard time to keep a balance and lose weight right now. You are one of the best at this and don't forget that.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 928 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Each year at this time, I post a picture of my cherry tree in blossom. Today, on May 9th no less, here is what that looked like by video. It's been snowing and blowing for a good while now and it feels like -2 Celcius. This is record-setting. Will 2020 ever let up? Listen with your sound on: https://youtu.be/pgA3Tk8tOnM
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Friday Check in
    Food - off plan (surrendered to potato chips last night)
    Water - 2 l
    Exercise - rest day, but managed 7000 steps
    It was another busy day yesteday. I did well all day but had a bowl of chips off plan last night. It was stress eating really because I am still have some issues with my older son. I have not done that in a while and remember why because that salt really does not make a person feel good. After a busy week, I am resting this weekend and plan take a walk soon, so will not post much today. As Theresa said, the weather here is insane today. We had snow flurries and hail, which is so bizarre for this time of year. It is sunny now, which is another weird turn. I see that yummy food just above from @mrsbell8well, and thanks for the Mother’s Day wishes from @KUMEcyclingteam. Your mom looks lovely and I hope that she continues to feel better.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    6dtv340rir20.jpeg

Just a few reminders for our optional week 1 step challenge. If you are participating and have not been posting daily, please post all of your daily steps tomorrow (Sunday, May 3rd to Saturday, May 9th). Given that we have a new month and some new people, I may have to message or post for some clarifications. I hope to post winners tomorrow evening or Monday morning (Toronto time). The boys have some things planned for me for Mother’s Day, so it is hard to plan the day tomorrow. Thanks!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello team. Since my son and Sunny left I’ve been taking turns cleaning, going through old photos and being a couch potato! I’m trying not to do emotional eating. Watching this much tv I’m seeing like an outrageous number of food commercials. Did anyone else notice that?? Free delivery or curbside. They make it so easy to eat!!!! And it all looks a lot tastier than the boring food I’m eating. I do wish I was a good cook so I could make great meals like @Mrsbell8well and some of you others do.

@sleepymom5 I am very short at less than five feet tall so according to the charts I am way overweight! In high school I was about 100 pounds but I would not look healthy at that weight, not saying I could even lose that much weight!! That would be like 30 more pounds! Not happening!?!? If I could get into the 120’s I’d be so happy and probably that would be a healthy weight for me. At this point I’m so amazed that I could even get where I’m at! It’s a day at a time thing for sure!!!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I really like the idea of having a maintenance thread. I been visiting MFP maintaining weight for inspiration too.

Many thanks for thinking of this idea.
This discussion has been closed.