WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Love your post @jugar... thanks! Maintenance should be celebrated! It continues to slip my grasp but I will reach it soon. It definitely does not mean letting up or resting on your laurels. It takes diligence.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Friday Check In:
    Food: 14:10 IF. Food mostly good except for an unplanned beer. After a busy day of outside chores, hubby and I were sitting out on the deck enjoying the sunshine. I planned for 1 beer but was enjoying myself so much I talked myself into another... the bad thing was I didn't even really want it but it seemed like a good idea. Oh well... it was a very nice honey rye micro brew :smile: Montana does make some mighty fine beers.
    Water: OK
    Exercise: 3.5 mile Hike with the fur kids; 14,880 steps

Working to focus on eating more whole foods and meals consisting of protein, healthy fat and fiber. I don't have much of a sweet tooth but I can get down with sodium. The problem is that when I have just one high sodium meal it takes me days to shake the craving for all things salty.

@Cafelelia As far as IF goes, I'm not seeing the weight loss benefit yet (obviously LOL). 14 hour fasts have become pretty automatic. 16 hour fasts are not a problem if I have a busy morning scheduled. I'm going to keep at for a few weeks at least to see what changes may occur.

@GingerPwr I wold like to eventually move away from logging but now isn't the time for me to fly solo either. When I don't log, its like it didn't happen. I'm also focusing on getting a certain amount of fiber and logging helps me track that.

You are having some crazy weather @1theresamcvean!!

Good luck with your test results @sleepymom5.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Friday Check in
    Food - off plan
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - rest day plus PT and stretching

Didn't do that great yesterday. I overate dinner and then had some cookies. Today I am just dragging and it is already 6:30pm. I am going to try to salvage the rest of the day and get at least a quick workout in and maybe clean a little. Not sure what is going on tomorrow. Hopefully the weather is a little nicer. It is cold and windy but we don't have the crazy snow and winds some of you got. Ok-off I go. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend

@Mrsbell8well I am glad that the fasting is working for you. Looks like a yummy menu today! Especially the cookies ;) What a great pic of your Mom and Lula Mae. I am so glad you got the day off from work today too. I think you can definitely use a break!
    @annliz23 Sounds like you are doing well this week with activity! Great job!
    @1theresamcvean Nice loss! I missed you too. I hope you are feeling better. That video of your tree is something! I can't believe it is May. Your poor tree! Hope it warms up soon. It is cold and blowing here but not as cold as you and no snow.
    @lenka1 I am glad that you are starting back lifting. I remember you enjoyed it. I agree, with having two little ones it is important to take time for yourself. I don't mind you asking at all. My husband was really sick. He was on a ventilator for 13 days. It was scary. Two of my daughters live with us but weren't in contact with him after he had symptoms. He stayed in our room. I didn't sleep with him after he had symptoms but I did take care of him so I was in pretty close contact. I felt sick but more like I was fighting a cold one day. It lasted less than 24 hours. We won't get our results back until Monday since we went on a Friday unfortunately. I am very curious too. I would be surprised if I don't have antibodies.
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I am hoping this works for you. Hang in there. Hugs
    @KUMEcyclingteam Look at that loss! What an awesome NSV too! Thanks for the Mother's day wishes and Happy Mother's Day to your lovely mother too. I am glad she is feeling better.
    @tryingagain5 I kinda lost steam with the fruit and veggie goals myself. Your posts always reminds me. What do you think is going on with your eating. Are you just tired of being quarantined? Is it from getting back into a work schedule? Maybe make a plan each day so you can get back into your healthy eating habits. You could also maybe pick two or three days to get into your more intense exercise. I think you have been doing great with the walks myself but I know you were used to doing more.
    @podperson1 It does seem easier to put the weight on than to take it off. Don't get discouraged though. You stopped and have been doing good since. If you didn't, you would be even higher. Give yourself credit for that. Let's just keep moving forward. You can do this! :)
    @Zumba_Luvah Nice loss! You should be proud! You will be in the 160s before you know it!
    @kirsten11872 It is hard with everything that is going on to get workouts in. Have you ever done the Leslie Sansone tapes? You can do a mile in 15 min. I know that it isn't what you are used to but it is a quick way to get some exercise and steps in. Maybe start with that and build from there. I think you should also be proud that you are doing well with eating. That is especially hard being quarantined. Happy Mother's day to you too! xo
    @Cafelelia What crazy weather for May! Hope that it settled down a bit for you. Hopefully after the weekend things will be a little better. I was thinking, with being quarantined, you don't even really get a little space. Usually he would be going out to hockey and school so that breaks things up a bit. Hang in there! Enjoy Mother's day xoxo
    @lennoncpa I always notice how many food commercials there are lol! You are right, they make it so easy. Although they are not the most exciting or active tasks, you will be happy that you got some things done during the quarantine. I have so many pictures to go through, I don't know where to start.
    @jugar Thank you about posting about maintenance and also posting about your story. I think a maintenance thread/team is a good idea. It may be nice for people at that point to talk about what works for them and also get ideas from other members who are maintaining.
    @nstephenson01 Sounds like you had a good day, even with the beer. You really go on amazing hikes.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Saturday 5/9
    Food: too much
    Water: not sure, didn't track
    Exercise: 20 minute medium intensity, 45 minute walk, 60 minute walk

I didn't do much with my day except for the exercise. I did stop at Keegstra's, a dollar store in my town to get a few things.

I got in a 20 minute workout before I went to walk.

I walked with a lady from my church this morning at a local park that's about a 10 minute drive from where I live. They have paved and unpaved paths through a wooded area. There are even Eagles and little eaglets there. They weren't in the area we walked so we didn't see them.

I also walked with my neighbor this afternoon where we usually walk near our condo complex. There is an eagle in that area too with little eaglets. I haven't seen them but my neighbor has. Today we saw a little baby bird in a nest on a bridge where we walk. I tried to get a picture but wasn't able to because of where the nest was located. It was really cute though.

Another neighbor/friend stopped by to drop off some brownies and ice cream for an early birthday present for me. She knows how much I love chocolate and peanut butter. The ice cream was triple peanut butter cup. It was wonderful! In the birthday card she had tucked an Aldi gift card. That was so nice of her.
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Timibotkin
    CW 283.6
    PW 281.8
    I was really expecting a loss! Guess I’ll just have to try harder next week!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Week 1
    PW 125lbs
    CW 125lbs

Steps
    Sun -8,132
    Mon - 11,850
    Tue - 13,350
    Wed - 13,977
    Thu- 13,182
    Fris- 11,344
    Sat-11,456
    Total 83,291
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @jugar yes to the maintenance group!

Happy Mother’s Day Moms!!!

I always appreciate everyone’s comments to me. Thanks for all the love and support. I feel blessed to have so many friends.

@Cafelelia I was so envious of your clean house. We spent yesterday cleaning ours and it looks so nice

It was such a lovely day at home. Playing with my new jigsaw puzzle, listening to music, fireplace going, just a happy vibe. My back is still sore. Realizing it’s aggravated from Friday’s side planks in yoga. Oh well.
    Molly’s out shopping. Getting ready to make my shortcakes.

Something fun my daughter and her boyfriend turned us on to is taking turns picking songs to listen to. It’s a lovely way to share and enjoy music memories.

I really like what @hope002 wrote about IF. I’m really becoming a fan my clock started at 1:30pm yesterday. I really enjoyed all my food before then and felt satisfied to wait till today to eat more. It’s true that it gets easier. I believe I’m at 3 weeks. The first week I didn’t lose much at all but I started mentally feeling better about my relationship with food. Eliminated mindless eating. Now my gut is working better as well. And when I do eat I’m very picky about what I eat. I was sipping a glass of wine the other day. After 2 sips I realized I didn’t like it so I stopped. In the past I would have drank it anyway.
    Learning daily.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    05/09 steps 8283
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    7ufogrrjvf8b.jpeg
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @JillyBT
    Happy Birthday!
    And Happy Mother's Day!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    My birthday is Monday the 11th

There are lots of hawks around here too. I'm not really in the country but there are lots of wooded areas around where I live so there is wildlife nearby.
This discussion has been closed.