05/12 steps 5715
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Food - getting better
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - 45 min walk, PT and stretching

Good day yesterday. Did have some leftover cake and then threw the cake out but other than that on track. No reason not to have a good day today. I want to go food shopping so I have to run. Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

@GingerPwr That is what I call success! That you were able to plan a special meal and it still be healthy and on your plan. Plus a little slice of heaven later on!
    @Cafelelia Of course I am a day behind with posts and just saw about the apple watch. I am going to give that a try.
    @lennoncpa Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day breakfast with your boys. I know it isn't the same as being there in person but still nice to spend time with them. I am not a hot sauce person my the rest of my family love it. I don't wear my fitbit anymore but I do like the idea of keeping it for the challenges. We used to be into it but it faded away. Maybe if the challenges start back up I can wear both. How amazing to watch the progress of your friend too.
    @podperson1 I can definitely relate to having an unmotivated day. Lol! I have been having too many lately. I love that you have fun workouts planned between zumba and ballet. I like when you can have a good workout and have fun.
    @nstephenson01 Wow! I can see why you are tired! What a workout Monday. You had a well deserved rest day!
    @KUMEcyclingteam Those look yummy. I love how you food prep, makes things easier for the rest of the week. I also like bacon a little too much....
    @Freeglerock Although the scale did go up, it was so small that was more of a maintain. You just described how I am feeling. I also was so close to being out of the obese category before this quarantine. I like your goals for this week. Let's do this!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx It is good that you aren't taking little nibbles and tastes between meals. Those add up. I am proof! I also have to work on how much I eat at meals. I just went so off track lately that I need to get back where I was. I was really trying to hone in on hunger signals. What sneakers did you get? I just bought the ASICS Women's Gel-Quantum 180 4 I like ASICS but they were only $54 so I am a little nervous they aren't as good as I am used to. I had plantar fasciitis a few times so I started getting the ASICS after that for support. Glad that put a smile on your face! And never worry about commenting. The important part is checking in :)
    @Gingerpwr Whoo hoo! Nice loss there lady! You are doing awesome!
    @brown6267 Thanks for the steps! Hope all is well!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Food - all good, all on plan
    Water - 2 l
    Exercise - Rest day (3709 steps)
    Yesterday was good. I did feel really tired by the afternoon, so took it easy rather than exercising. I am stilling getting that feeling of exhaustion here and there, although it is diminishing. Yesterday, myyounger son finished all of his schoolwork for the week, so I am giving him a “yes” day today, which for him means sitting around in pjs, eating cookies and playing Minecraft. We received good news yesterday that my older son was admitted into a great school for high school (grade 9) starting in September. Even if it is virtual, it will be an excellent environment for him. That news put him in a great mood and snapped him out of his broody teen trajectory. So I am taking a sort of “yes” day too and I will get out to enjoy the lovely weather that we are finally having.

@sleepymom5 - It is so nice having you back regularly! It was a bit lonely captaining without you! Hope that the food shopping goes well today. I still cannot purchase flour easily, which is crazy. My older son is great at scoring hard to find items and he just found a good flour stash at a small shop up not far from us.
    @GingerPwr - Omg lady, you are a rock star! Fantastic loss!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - Checking in regularly really does help. I hear you on the nibbles. At the beginning of May, I found that I had developed the most bizarre snacking habits through April. It has taken some work to eliminate them. I love Asics too and I think they are the most supportive shoe. Interestingly, I was not using Asics when I got injured. In Canada, the cost is also obscene, so I usually purchase a couple of pairs when I go to the US (not happening this year though).
    @Freeglerock - Big picture, you are doing great and you will get to that next milestone very soon. Love your goals for the week. Alcohol can really add up calorie-wise, although I understand (from personal experience) the need to indulge during this difficult time. There are a few F2F members who have gone completely alcohol free (from drinking at least 1 drink daily), and this has really helped them with weight loss. Don’t get me wrong, I am not promoting going completely alcohol free, but I think this just shows the excess calories related to alcohol for some members.
    @KUMEcyclingteam - Excellent meal prep! I am vegetarian, but I cook bacon for my husband and sons. They will devour as much as I make, so I don’t make it too often!
    @nstephenson01 - Your steps for Monday were insane (in a good way)! Hope that you had a good rest yesterday!
    @posperson1 - It is hard to be motivated these days. But it is great that you are keeping up with online workouts!
    @lennoncpa - Your Mother’s Day breakfast sounds so nice! Omelets are not the best thing that I make, but I am getting better in quarantine. I find that even with a no stick pan, I need enough butter, oil or cooking spray in the pan in order to cook them properly.

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Wednesday
    Mrsbell8well
    PW 148.2
    CW 148.4
  • ProfDawnLee
    ProfDawnLee Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In
    User ID: ProfDawnLee

Week 1: 145
    Week 2: 142
    Week 3: 142.2

I will take this as maintaining considering it is TOM and right after Mother's Day. I am reading everyone's posts but do not know how to reply without writing out everyones screennames with an @ in front so they see it. Anyway, it looks like you all are doing well. Hope everyone stays healthy and safe.

This week's goals are to keep at the eating at the table only (so hard!) and minding portions (also hard). The other goals are becoming more second nature.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia I think your hair looks fine! The roots only matter to those who are taller than you, and that's their problem, not yours! 😄

@sleepymom5 I got Asics Ziruss 3's.They're essentially Nimbus that get a different name for our top sports store here. I paid $160 I think with the 40% discount applied. They're so comfy though, the support difference is amazing and my old ones are only 6 months or so. I always get either Nimbus or the equivalent, I have learned not to muck around with the wrong shoes, or delay replacing them! With the amount that I use them, it's worth it. I do have one pair of cheaper Asics though that are fine for walking on the beach. They're a half size too big but I put a gel liner into them and it gave them more support and made them a bit smaller. Worked really well.

@Mrsbell8well Sorry to hear that! I hope you're okay, take care of you and your family first.

@nstephenson01 I miss Vodka. And rum. Stupid migraines. I'm glad you enjoyed it and got back on track!

And back to work for me now... I can hear the gym calling my name but I have a few hours of work left first!
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    *WARNING...RANT*

Well, I am VERY VERY ANGRY! I've been waiting for the stimulus money forever now. Waiting, waiting and waiting. I checked the IRS payment tracker daily and checked my app where I get my monthly money sent to every day too. THEN today, I find out my Aunt has me claimed as a dependent!! That means I WON'T get the stimulus money!! What BS!! 😤😡😭😥 I am just SO upset and mad!! I talked to her about it then we ended up arguing and getting in a fight. I told her, I didn't think it was right for her to claim me when she DIDN'T tell me OR ask me if she could do that and being as I am 30 years old, and take care of myself MORE than 50/50, I feel like that was wrong of her! I even talked to my Counselor about it and she is on my side and agrees with me! When I told my Aunt that I thought it was wrong, she blew up at me and said I always attack her when she does the, "right" thing...I said just because YOU think it's right, doesn't make it right! My Counselor said exactly! And she also said it's actually border illegal that she did that all this time without me even knowing! I had so many plans with that money and really needed it and now I don't get it so I'm screwed. 😥😭😡😤😒🤬

She didn't make any sense to me at all when she tried explaining herself AND my Sister has been here for quite a few years now and is younger than me and she isn't claimed so WHY me?! I am SO mad!! And even if she takes me off, it won't make any difference til next year. I'm just gonna go punch a hole in the wall now and cry.
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Check in: Weds 13th
    Food: logged and under goal
    Water: Good
    Exercise: 35min Body step and 25min Body groove

Met my daily goals yesterday that I set myself for the week.  Did the exercise late in the evening  (I bought a Reebok step online that arrive yesterday).  Knowing I had committed myself to 5 day exercise, and not wanting to lose one of my rest days straight away did a lot  to get me off the couch!  And once I did my step workout, fancied a bit of dance so finished off my night with Body Groove.  That is not as much of a workout, but I really enjoy flailing around the room with abandon!

Figured though that I can't rely on having time/energy or motivation to exercise in the evenings, so set my alarm early to do it this morning.  After snoozing the alarm continuously for 40minutes, I eventually got up and did 30min step workout.  (Now I just need to stop the "snoozing!").  Feels good that it is out of the way, so no stress to fit it in later, but can always to more/something else this evening.

@CassieGetsFit2013 That must be very frustrating.  I can understand why you would be angry.  Hope you manage to resolve this with your Aunt.
    @Mrsbell8well Oh no!  Cancelling vacation must be disappointing, but take care of yourself and family, and hoping you have an uneventful isolation.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Food - not where I should be yet but improving
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - 2-45 min walks

I have been getting up early and it is really nice to get things done early and have the day ahead. Shannon, Daisy and I already took a brisk 30 min walk, I did a load of wash and am pretty much set up for a productive day. I need to still do my strength and PT which I haven't been good about the past few days. I can feel it when I don't keep up with it. I can go a day or two but no more than that.

@Cafelelia Beautiful picture! And I really have to look to find any roots. I think we all can use some yes days! Congrats to your son for getting into that High School! That is awesome! I know our baking aisle is pretty empty now too. I am glad your son was able to find some flour for you. I remember him getting another hard to get item for you another time. My niece has been doing that with paper and cleaning products. Name brand too. I don't know how she gets them. Lol! Who would think in 2020 we would be so happy to get flour or toilet paper!
    @tryingagain5 At least you enjoyed your birthday! Now back to work! ;) xo
    @lennoncpa I feel the same way about friends on here. There are some who haven't logged in for a long time that I still keep on my friend list just in case. I can imagine how nice it was to hear back from your accountability partner after all this time. What a nice surprise. :)
    @Mrsbell8well Ugh! Praying that you all stay well. Sorry about your vacation but I am sure it is the least of your worries now. When (when not if) you all dodge the virus, I know you will find a fun way to have a staycation at some point. Hugs!
    @ProfDawnLee I agree, that is really a maintain. Probably would be a loss if it wasn't TOM. Unfortunately, that is the only way we can respond to posts. I wish we could respond under like we can on the regular news feed. That would make things easier.
    @nstephenson01 Well I am glad you enjoyed and it was a good emotional night. :) Sounds like it was a good plan to cancel fast, eat healthy and drink lots of water! WTG with the weight loss this week! Sometimes just getting into a good routine is enough to get the loss started. Good bye 170s!!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Sorry to hear you are so upset. Hope that there is a way you can work things out. Hugs!
    @Freeglerock I am sure the body groove burned a lot of calories so I consider that a pretty good workout. Sounds fun too! Great job with keeping up with your goals for the week! Keep it going girl! Do you have a workout online that you do with the step?
This discussion has been closed.