WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I can’t believe I managed to lose more weight this week. I had a few days where I went over on my calories but I guess it is true that not all calories are alike!

@1theresamcvean last night I had hummus all by itself! Grabbed a spoon and dug in! My son said he thinks I’m on the hummus diet! There is the one brand, Oasis, that is lower in calories and doesn’t have any artificial ingredients and that is all I will buy. I’ve only found one store that carries it and they put it on the top shelf that I can’t reach (remember I’m not even 5 feet tall). Now that my son has gone back to Chicago I have to wait for masked strangers to come by and ask them to get it down for me!!

@Cafelelia that’s a beautiful picture and you look beautiful! I don’t think you need makeup!

I did a Zoom meeting with my clogging (dancing) friends last night - no dancing but it was great to see everyone. I actually put on a little makeup and put earrings on! One of my clients said her pierced ears were closing up because she hasn’t been wearing any earrings, so I thought I would try it!
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Week 2

Pw: 171.0
    Cw: 170.8

I need to start tracking my food. I worked out 4x a week, jogged 3 times and hit 7-8k steps all week long. I just didn’t want to start logging yet Bc it’s too much work on top of adjusting to 2 little kids.
    I’m exhausted and tired and snacking a lot. I am gonna start tracking calories Bc otherwise I overeat.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Week 2
    Friday
    PW- 155.8
    CW - 154.7

I am feeling good about this loss and feel like I am getting my focus and energy back. Yesterday was good for on plan food and water, but I was short 2 k for my steps. It was not the easiest school day and then I got busy getting my husband and younger boy off to our family cottage up north. Our cottage district said that it is fine for cottagers to visit this long weekend, particularly for repairs after the winter. Our cottage needs a bunch of repairs & renovations, including a new roof and new flooring, so my husband is making all fo the arrangements this weekend. It is a bit sad as my FIL used to take care of all things cottage related, and the baton has now passed to my husband. I have stayed back with my older son as he still has classes today and assignments to complete through the weekend. It is raining so much right now, but I plan on getting out to walk this afternoon.

@lenka - You still maintained! I really understand how hard it is with two little ones. It is just so demanding, especially with a baby. Try to be patient with yourself and you are doing so well. Maybe start logging slowly, like just lunch or just dinner and try to to that everyday.
    @lennocpa - Another loss, amazing! Socializing (however we can do it) is so important these days. It must have felt nice to put on that makeup and earrings! You are way too kind btw and thank you for your kind comments!
    @freeglerock - You are doing great! Alcohol is so tricky vis a vis the calories. At least you were still pretty much in calorie range after the ciders. You daughter is so adorable and Iove that photo!
    @tryingagain5 - I really hope that you keep your job and that your hours increase soon. That is really weird about the blisters. Maybe make sure your shoes fit properly on both feet and also think about the socks that you are wearing with them.
    @pacsnc6 - So happy that the chemo treatments are going well and only two more to go. Fingers crossed that you can have the surgery. I agree with Theresa about your weight and it is a perfectly good time to maintain.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - That beach photo is lovely!
    @1theresamcvean - Fantastic loss! Thanks for that link! I checked and unfortunately, they are sold out of flour too, except the 20 kg bags (that would be too much!). Re my hair, I am too afraid to mess with it. I think doing roots is harder than doing full colour. I spoke to my hairdresser on the phone and am going to wait it out as long as I can. I actually would not mind having streaks of grey in my hair, but the mismatch between the roots and the rest really bugs me.
    @ljdanny - Nice loss! You are correct that you were at 190 last week, so congrats on the new weight decade! That is too bad about your vacation to Canada and I hope that your back up plan works out.

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Update...today is 14 days since I was in contact with the virus teammate. I am still on quarantine with work until May 27th. We could not get a refund on our Airbnb so we said heck with it and decided to go on vacation after all. We’re on the road headed to North Carolina. We’re pretty excited! We’ve got good food, beer and wine. And face masks.
    Thanks for all the well wishes.
    Mom came upstairs to help me pack. I pulled out all my summer clothes. Temps in the 80’s. I was nervous to try on clothes. Everything fit great!!! Hurrah feels like summertime!
    I will send tofu recipe soon that was requested.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    I just got a text from my boss. He said the workload is really light next week and was asking for volunteers to stay home most or all of next week. I told him I wanted to work so he said for me to come in on Sunday. Not sure how many hours we'll get but I"ll take however many I can get.

My shoes do fit pretty well. I always get them from a local shoe store and walk around the store to make sure they're good before buying them. My socks are all just basic cotton socks.

I've never walked so much so I think that's why I got a blister. I think the other one is really more of a corn. My neighbor and I have been walking around 2 miles almost every day. My normal would be working out in the gym and a 1 mile walk once per week. Big difference for my feet.😯
  • bburrer30
    bburrer30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bburrer30
    Week 2
    Friday
    PW- 175.4
    CW - 175.4

Well this week I didnt lose but I didnt gain, so that's great. To top it off it's that TOM, I know everything fluctuates, I am calling it a win . On a positive note I did lose over all 2.5 inches ♡

It's been snowing, raining and just yuck weather. So far we have only done 5 miles of hiking this week. Thankfully warm weather is on its way ♡☆ !

My water intake has been awesome I have been avg 64 oz a day .
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    fo5f21za9lag.jpeg
    Just stopped at a very crowded rest stop in Virginia. Shocked that Molly and I are the only ones wearing face masks.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,452 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Check in for Thursday
    Food:not great but not awful
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 min walk and PT, strength and stretching

Username: sleepymom5
    Weigh in Week: week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 201.8
    Today's weight: 203

Sorry, such a busy morning. AND I am cranky too so I am not going to be negative today. I will have a better check in tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a better day than I am (not really having a bad day, I am just in a bad mood lol!) Have a great Friday everyone!

Nooooooo! I just spent an hour making comments and just lost them. Ugh! The following won't be as profound as they were the first time around lol! ;)

@nstephenson01 Great day Wed and looks like you had another great plan for yesterday! Keep it going! I guess your husband gets his skills from his dad since your FIL seems to also be into getting projects done!
    @Cafelelia Nice loss this week! And another good day! Keep it going!! It is encouraging seeing things opening up. I hope people are careful so we can continue to open up. I am glad you got to spend some time with your brother. I think that is way more important than hitting 10k steps. :)
    @ljdanny Nice loss! You have been doing well, especially with the exercise. You have been so consistent! I am sure you are ready to go back to work by now. I am guessing they will have new protocol for staying safe for you all. It is kinda hard to stay distant in your line of work. I am also hoping in a few months maybe we will be able to venture out for vacations. It is so weird not being able to be certain of anything. Enjoy the visit with your sister and niece tomorrow. That is something fun to look forward to.
    @1theresamcvean Look at that loss! You are doing great! We are lucky to have you on our team! You are always so supportive. I hope you are feeling better now. I have to look into those sneakers for next time. I actually get bruises on my toes, maybe I have the same issue. I already get them a size up.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx How beautiful! You live in such a beautiful area! I knew those sneakers were too cheap lol! Maybe I will do the same with the inserts. Or maybe I should just wait and see how they feel lol!
    @pacsnc6 It is nice to see you are progressing through the treatment doing relatively well. I am so glad you aren't having severe side effects from the treatments. It also looks like you are getting toward the end of this phase? of treatment. Hugs! I think maintaining is good with all that you are going through. xoxo
    @tryingagain5 Ugh! So much to think about. I would think if you don't apply for unemployment now, it doesn't mean you can't if you change your mind. What a tough decision. How is everything else going? I know you are getting your walking in. How is food going? I guess being back to work but not being on a regular schedule makes things a little more difficult. Hang in there. You have come so far. xo
    @Freeglerock Lol! Your daughter is so clever! I love how she has her two little babies with her! We are doing a zoom trivia game on Saturday with our family. The kids have been doing it and asked Jim and I to join in. I am not the best. At least the exercise balanced the Cider and you had fun! xo
    @lennoncpa Another loss! You really have been doing great during the quarantine! I am glad that you had a zoom call with your friends. I know you are use to seeing them at least weekly.
    @lenka1 I love the picture of you and your girls! All so beautiful! The scale is moving in the right direction. You seem to be doing well with working out. Eating is harder, especially with nursing. It is very hard getting not only getting adjusted to another child but also taking care of an infant. Maybe if it is difficult to find the time to log your food now, maybe you can switch up your snacks? Can you get some healthier options to munch on when you are hungry or feel like snacking? Or maybe make a plan for the day in your head, know what you are eating at each meal and go from there. This is a very busy time for you so remember to also be kind to yourself. You are doing great and taking great care of your family. Love that shirt too. xo
    @Mrsbell8well I am glad that you haven't been exposed in the past 14 days to your co worker and can continue with your get away plan. Enjoy!
    @bburrer30 Nice job maintaining. I am thinking with it being TOM, you will definitely see a nice loss next week. Great job with the water AND walking this week! Keep it going!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    I just got a text from my boss. He said the workload is really light next week and was asking for volunteers to stay home most or all of next week. I told him I wanted to work so he said for me to come in on Sunday. Not sure how many hours we'll get but I"ll take however many I can get.

My shoes do fit pretty well. I always get them from a local shoe store and walk around the store to make sure they're good before buying them. My socks are all just basic cotton socks.

I've never walked so much so I think that's why I got a blister. I think the other one is really more of a corn. My neighbor and I have been walking around 2 miles almost every day. My normal would be working out in the gym and a 1 mile walk once per week. Big difference for my feet.😯

Great way to make up for the gym being closed, Linda. I have a couple of pairs of socks that I got at Mountain Equipment Coop years ago and they've lasted forever, that are especially for hiking and running. I'm not sure what store in Michigan is the equivalent but in the U.S., in general, it's REI. Maybe see what they have and order online (from there or anywhere that has them): https://www.rei.com/search?q=women's+hiking+socks I think it's one of the best $10 - $15 I've ever spent. I have summer and winter ones. :blush:

• tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5

Sorry you're cranky and in a bad mood today. Hugs to you.

Yes, a lot to think about. You're probably right, I could apply for underemployment later if I change my mind, I'm just not sure if it will be held against us if/when they have to layoff more people. Supposedly it won't but you never know with a large company. I have some money in savings so if I need to, I'll dip into that first. I just went for groceries today so I have plenty of food to last me a while.

The food part isn't going well. I did have a lot of birthday treats but I think I've been stress eating lately too. I know that doesn't help anything.🙁 I know some of it is because of not knowing how many hours I will be working and that's the only place I've been going. I know I need to get back on track or I'm going to gain way too much weight back. I also know that I need to get back to more intense exercise again.

Thanks for the moral support.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @1theresamcvean
    Thanks, I'll look into that website and see what I can find.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    @nstephenson01 Stop. You’re making me hungry 😋
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    @nstephenson01 That looks so scrummy! Definitely my kind of food!
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Check in: Fri 15th
    Food: logged and under
    Water: ok
    Exercise: 90min cycle ride

Spent most of Friday in the garden/greenhouse moving things out of the greenhouse, to transition to the allotment now it looks like the risk of frost has passed.  Did start doing this a couple of weeks ago, but had to get everything back in the greenhouse this last week as it got quite cold over nights and didn't want to kill all my plants.  Have a weekend plan of finishing weeding and preparing beds at the allotment and getting some of this stuff in the ground.

There was an online "town hall" meeting with work.  The CEO said that although a number of our competitors were returning to their offices, as a company we have been able to fully transition to working from home and so are in no hurry to get back, especially when the social distancing measures (i.e. no/restricted meetings, won't be able to hang around the water cooler etc) defeat any benefit from being in the office.  So reckon at least another 6 weeks, and even then there is likely to be a lot of flexibility.  We do have some employees furloughed, and looks like we will slowly be bringing them back, so quite positive in the work front considering the economy at the moment.

Exercise yesterday was a family cycle ride.  We head to Donnington Castle and then to Snelsmore Common.  Although cycling with the kids is somewhat slower, so can't put in the full effort, there are a number of hills up to the castle, then down off the castle hill and up to the common that really does puff me out.  Ben goes quite slowly up the hills and so I stick with him - I find cycling slowly for a longer time up a hill more difficult than quickly powering up it!  Then at the Common, Ben led the way exploring the woods, so ended up cycling around little trails off the beaten path! I do enjoy a bike ride.

@tryingagain5 Big hug to you - the uncertainty must be hard, and I can really understand the stress eating.  On a positive, you have not stuck your head in the sand, you want to be in control of this.  Is there any news on when things will start opening up where you are?  Also, please excuse my ignorance - but what does it mean to apply for underemployment? 
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    05/15 steps 9365
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Freeglerock

Thank you. I've always been an emotional eater and now with all the uncertainty it's not helping. I know stress eating isn't going to make any of the uncertainty go away and all it will do is make me gain weight back. My head knows what I need to do, just having a hard time doing it right now.

Sounds like you had a good time on your ride with your family. Nice that you're also able to have your garden allotment.

Another 6 weeks is a long time to work from home. I would not do well working from home. I need people around me. Of course, working on a production floor can't be done from home.

Our stay at home order is supposed to end May 28th. What's sad is several small businesses are closing permanently because they've been closed so long already and I'm sure more will close.

Manufacturing started this week with some more opening next week but the companies we supply parts to are all over the world so with some places open or partially open, orders keep going up and down with nothing consistent. We make car mirrors but with not many people buying new cars right now orders have gone down. They're hoping they go up in June or July but who knows what will happen.

I've had unemployment before but never underemployment. From what I understand if you don't get your normal hours from your employer you can get the difference from underemployment. I'm not completely sure how that works either and many of us at work don't want to be penalized later for doing that. Supposedly work is not going to that but they're a big company so who knows. I want to keep my job but really want to keep my health insurance.
This discussion has been closed.