WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in

Food: Had a morning dental appt so did a 16 hour fast. Pre-planned my meals for the day and ate on plan. Following my appt I splurged on a Green Tea Frappe (planned). Wasn't sure how the sugar would affect me but haven't had any ill feelings. Actually didn't finish it and gave the rest to my husband when I got home.
    Water: Good
    Exercise & steps: Dog walk; 11,416 steps

Hubby left this morning to help his dad with a project for a couple of days. Going to take this time to focus on my plan and goals.

Just for today:
    10,000 steps
    14:10 IF
    Pre-log food and stick to plan
    80 oz water

OK, off to take the dogs for a hike before the rain arrives. Take care everyone.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    05/13 steps 8666
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    Another good day yesterday. I ate on plan, drank 2 l of water and took at 40 minute walk. I sacrificed getting to 10 k steps to visit my brother in the evening. He was not having the best day, so we had a distanced visit in the backyard and I cheered him up. Good news today is that they are lifting even more restrictions and opening the economy more over the next month. On the bad news front, it has not been the easiest homeschooling day for both boys. My younger son had a 1:1 online meeting with his teacher today and he had a complete meltdown at the outset. He is usually quite a calm kid, but I think he’s just had enough of everything. His teacher handled him brilliantly and calmed him down within about 5 minutes. I am going to make a loaf of sourdough today for some stress relief (thanks to son #1’s brilliance in locating flour!)

@sleepymom5 - You are doing great and keep it going! That quote was certainly appropriate for me this morning!
    @nstephenson01 - Amazing loss and hurray for the new weight decade! You did it! Congratulations!
    @freeglerock - You are doing great! I am on a morning person either, although I get up early enough for the kids. I love dancing too and had pondered a F2F zoom dance/exercise party. Not sure I could get enough interest, but I am still pondering on it. We are all in so many different time zones, it would take some thinking to figure out a good time. I even have a disco light globe to use!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 - I am so sorry that happened and I hope that you can figure things out with your aunt. It is very good that you were able to talked to your counselor about it.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - The problem with my roots is that pretty much everybody is taller than me (I am 5’3”)! On the bright side, I am not seeing many people these days.
    @ProfDawnLee - Nice maintain, especially considering TOM!
    @Mrsbell8well - I am so sorry about your self-isolation and having to cancel your plans. I understand how stressful it is. I hope that you stay healthy and get some sleep.
    @lennoncpa - That is so nice that your old accountability buddy got in touch. It can be hard when MFP folks drop off and don’t respond. We are about your too and are so happy that you are part of the Team WNM and F2F family!
    @tryingagain5 - You get a total pass on that gain because it was your birthday!

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    So root watch does not look so bad from the front (except the just woke up, no make up part)
    wjbmnd9niftb.jpeg

But then there is the top angle (sigh):
    lr4cx2fv7mgb.jpeg

Your picture is lovely, Lisa! I understand waiting for your colourist. I did do it myself Sunday though because I actually did look like your Corona Lisa meme. I'd catch myself in the mirror and think, "It's not so bad. I look like Bonnie Raitt." But that was from the front. From the top, yikes! I'm 90% grey but 100% at the front. It looked like a white stripe and had really grown in since the last time I had it coloured in late January. What an experiment it was to see though.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    Wednesday check in
    Another good day yesterday. I ate on plan, drank 2 l of water and took at 40 minute walk. I sacrificed getting to 10 k steps to visit my brother in the evening. He was not having the best day, so we had a distanced visit in the backyard and I cheered him up. Good news today is that they are lifting even more restrictions and opening the economy more over the next month. On the bad news front, it has not been the easiest homeschooling day for both boys. My younger son had a 1:1 online meeting with his teacher today and he had a complete meltdown at the outset. He is usually quite a calm kid, but I think he’s just had enough of everything. His teacher handled him brilliantly and calmed him down within about 5 minutes. I am going to make a loaf of sourdough today for some stress relief (thanks to son #1’s brilliance in locating flour!)

@sleepymom5 - You are doing great and keep it going! That quote was certainly appropriate for me this morning!
    @nstephenson01 - Amazing loss and hurray for the new weight decade! You did it! Congratulations!
    @freeglerock - You are doing great! I am on a morning person either, although I get up early enough for the kids. I love dancing too and had pondered a F2F zoom dance/exercise party. Not sure I could get enough interest, but I am still pondering on it. We are all in so many different time zones, it would take some thinking to figure out a good time. I even have a disco light globe to use!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 - I am so sorry that happened and I hope that you can figure things out with your aunt. It is very good that you were able to talked to your counselor about it.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - The problem with my roots is that pretty much everybody is taller than me (I am 5’3”)! On the bright side, I am not seeing many people these days.
    @ProfDawnLee - Nice maintain, especially considering TOM!
    @Mrsbell8well - I am so sorry about your self-isolation and having to cancel your plans. I understand how stressful it is. I hope that you stay healthy and get some sleep.
    @lennoncpa - That is so nice that your old accountability buddy got in touch. It can be hard when MFP folks drop off and don’t respond. We are about your too and are so happy that you are part of the Team WNM and F2F family!
    @tryingagain5 - You get a total pass on that gain because it was your birthday!

Lisa, My neighbour just received an enourmous bag of stone milled flour from this place. You are in their delivery zone which is from Parkside and Waterfront to Bayview and Eglinton: https://www.annexmarket.com/collections/pantry#baking-supplies
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    ljdanny
    week 2 ?
    thursday
    pw 190 ?
    cw 189
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    sorry I don't know what week it is, i am not even sure of the day half the time. with everyone being home i really have to think some days. hopefully when i go back to work it will get better. we go back june 1st, that's the official word, we got tons of kids which i was surprised. i can't wait to see what staff is willing to come back, i am sure some will want to stay home because they make more. my sister is going to come over on saturday with my niece for some social distance visiting. i have not seen them since the end of february. we figure thats a good day because it will be nice out so we can sit outside.

i have been walking every day but today i decided to log into my teachers zumba class that she sent me. i am hoping the gyms open soon so i can get back into class. i also really need a haircut, i can't get a brush through it and it is really heavy on my head, it is giving me extra headaches.

we were supposed to go to canada this summer for my cousins wedding, she decided today that they have to cancel, they will still get married and have the big party next year. i am hoping i still get my vacation but if not i have a back up plan so that way i am not too bummed out that i am not there.
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Username: 1theresamcvean
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 156.9
    Today's weight: 154.8

That feels so much better and I have almost every one of you to thank. Whether you are doing well or having a hard time in the Covid-19 situation, I noticed a shift this month in your posts. I saw acceptance, reflection, insight, and sharing quite intimate successes and more importantly, setbacks.

@JillyBT, Your focus on sleep and sharing your talk with your physician really helped me. I started going to bed at the same time each night. Happy belated birthday to you!

@GingerPwr, When you shared your chart, I took a look at mine. Sometimes it just helps to see it. You are doing so well. Congratulations!

@hope002, I read with great interest the details of IF that you shared. It's not a good time right now for me to embark on that because I'm still recovering, and I'm not sure it's the thing that will work for me, but I am now pushing back the time of day I start eating to 1:00 or 2:00 p.m. with not a thought of hunger at all. I'm quite happy to linger over my two cups of black coffee and some herbal tea without wondering whether breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I'm not really a breakfast lover anyway.

@nstephenson01 Thank you for doing IF and also taking a day off too.

@Mrsbell8well Where do I start? This idea of mindful eating had me stumped. But I'd walk around thinking about it and it was resonating with me. I have no idea when I'm almost full or full. I found it easier to understand the three things: eat only when you're hungry, and something that you really want to eat, and stop as soon as you're full. The first one was helpful. I often eat when I'm not hungry. Later in the week, I got some sushi and put a few pieces on a small plate and found that it was enough. I enjoyed as much as I wanted and had some for the next day. Also, oh no! I'm so sorry that you have been exposed to the virus and my fingers are crossed that you are okay.

@jedaschultz Thank you for posting about what sheltering in place has been like for you and getting back on plan. That was particularly inspiring to me.

@lennoncpa I was walking along Bloor Street ~ it's a main thoroughfare in Toronto that I live a few houses off of so I shop there in small vegetable markets, bakeries, etc... So, I'm walking along Bloor Street thinking about you and hummus. So I got some. It has helped me a few times this week. I just get a tablespoon and eat it. It really does keep me away from chocolate and other mindless eating. I really should probably have something with it but that's all that I could organize this week.

Okay, I'm back. I just had a teaspoon of hummus.

@tryingagain5 I live in the heart of the largest city in Canada and we have a hawk in our backyard. You can really lose your appetite when it decides to swoop down and pick up a crow, for example, and eat it alive. Happy belated birthday!

@bburrer30 Ah, you live in Michigan. No wonder it looks like Canada. I mean that in the best way!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I love 'Love You Forever.' Did you know it's Canadian? When my son and his wife told me they were expecting their first child, he gave me a gift of that book. I still had the one I read to him. In fact, I knew it by heart and would sing the refrains. I would never sing in public but to my children, I do sing. Thank you for the memory.

@sleepymom5 All this talk of Asics between you Kristy and Lisa got me to brushing off my Sauconys. I used to use Asics but lost a few toenails. I must have a wide toe bed. Sauconys are my shoes and I have so many. Both brands really are expensive outside the U.S. it sounds like. I'd be tickled pink if I could get them for $120. And since Covid came along the Canadian dollar took a nosedive.

@ProfDawnLee Speaking of running. Your post about being an athlete or not (I think it was on the main site) really resonated with me. If you are comfortable sharing it here, I think the group would enjoy it. As always, the things you share resonate. A couple years back when you tried the two 'eat up' days and five lower-calorie days, I gave it a try and am doing it again now. I find that really works.

@ljdanny You gave me courage to colour my own hair. Just a medium shade of brown. I actually mixed two boxes that were two different browns because I have very thick shoulder-length hair. I love how you could do magenta and mix in a certain ratio of pink without a professional. My son and his wife and I had a good laugh remembering this one time I finally said he could colour his hair fire-engine red and when I got home from work, it wasn't just red ~ he had a Mohawk (what a racist name for a haircut).

@Cafelelia, What highschool did your son get into? My daughter and son went to Ursula Franklin Academy so I wondered if it was that one. I know there are lots of other great ones. I'm very happy for him.

• 1theresamcvean
    Options
    ljdanny wrote: »
    sorry I don't know what week it is, i am not even sure of the day half the time. with everyone being home i really have to think some days. hopefully when i go back to work it will get better. we go back june 1st, that's the official word, we got tons of kids which i was surprised. i can't wait to see what staff is willing to come back, i am sure some will want to stay home because they make more. my sister is going to come over on saturday with my niece for some social distance visiting. i have not seen them since the end of february. we figure thats a good day because it will be nice out so we can sit outside.

i have been walking every day but today i decided to log into my teachers zumba class that she sent me. i am hoping the gyms open soon so i can get back into class. i also really need a haircut, i can't get a brush through it and it is really heavy on my head, it is giving me extra headaches.

we were supposed to go to canada this summer for my cousins wedding, she decided today that they have to cancel, they will still get married and have the big party next year. i am hoping i still get my vacation but if not i have a back up plan so that way i am not too bummed out that i am not there.

I'm so sorry to hear that you won't make it to Canada this summer. Was the wedding in Nova Scotia? (I think you said you have family in NS.) I love the East Coast of Canada and we have relatives there too. I've been thinking about you a lot since the murder spree there. You must have been so worried. Even though we live in Toronto, we've spent many a long summer vacation there as well as P.E.I. and a bit in New Brunswick. In fact, my daughter had her first summer job in the general store in Bass River, NS. It's actually the store that people from Portapique shop at.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Checking in -- Had my 4th chemo today and it went as well as the first three. It went a little faster which made me me very happy. All my blood tests are normal. 2 more sessions then a CT scan June 23 to check progress. Hoping :* the tumor has shrunk enough for surgery :)

I have somehow managed to maintain my weight - about 160 lbs - through this whole process. Was expecting to lose some and thought I might make it to at least the mid 150s!!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    Checking in -- Had my 4th chemo today and it went as well as the first three. It went a little faster which made me me very happy. All my blood tests are normal. 2 more sessions then a CT scan June 23 to check progress. Hoping :* the tumor has shrunk enough for surgery :)

I have somehow managed to maintain my weight - about 160 lbs - through this whole process. Was expecting to lose some and thought I might make it to at least the mid 150s!!

I'm so happy your treatment continues to go well for you, Patsy. I think having the weight (almost the same as me) is helpful in terms of staying strong. Hugs.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean
    It is interesting to have animals so close. I've seen some posts of a herd of deer in someone's front yard in a larger city near me. Strange to see that.

I would lose my appetite too if I saw that.
    Thank you. I had a nice birthday
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    Thanks for the pass on my gain because of my birthday.😊

• tryingagain5
    Options
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    ly686yh59dap.jpeg

It seems like there are a lot of things that are out of our control lately. Let's take one day at a time and control what we can. We can control the food we put in our bodies, we can control the exercise we get, we can control how much water we drink and we can control our sleep (for the most part). Hope everyone has a fantastic day! xo

Great quote! I needed that today.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Check in for the last few days
    Food and water: haven't been tracking
    Exercise: mostly walking

My feet have been hurting the last couple of days. I found that I have two blisters on one foot.🙁 No wonder it hurts. I think from all the walking I've been doing. I have good shoes, just bought them in February.

Work is no longer paying us at our OT rate since the Governor allowed manufacturing to open this week. The OT pay made up for the fewer hours. This week I only worked 28 hours and don't go back until Sunday night. My boss texted everyone last night asking if anybody would be willing to take the whole night off. I knew several people that would do that so I went in. Two of us went home at 2:30 since there wasn't enough work for us all to stay.

The boss also handed out papers on unemployment. Apparently we can apply for underemployment if we don't get our normal hours. He said he was instructed to just hand them out but not give any advice. I don't think I want to apply for it because other employees that did ended up being considered terminated when they needed to lay off people and I don't know how many hours we get to work each week. We find out day by day. If they need to layoff more people I'm pretty sure they will terminate those who chose to apply. I'm just happy to still be working.
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Check in: Thurs 14th
    Food: logged and over by 13 cals (but that included all exercise calories earnt)
    Water: ok
    Exercise: 35min Body step and 20min Body Groove

Did the body step in the morning, then spent the day attempting to work whilst assisting son with school work and daughter with games.  Finished just after 4pm, sorted dinner and then while my other half was getting the kids to bed I did some body groove.  In the evening we did a pub quiz with some friends - and ended up having a couple of ciders.  600 calories!   Just about had the calories left, but that was using all my exercise calories earnt.  I try only to use half of them usually, but pleased I didn't end up masses over.

@Sleepymom5 I am using Les Mills on Demand app for the step classes- currently on a 30 day free trial.  I really enjoy a lot of the classes on there (they are the classes I used to do at the gym), so think I may continue with the subscription.  So convenient to be able to do it when you want and what class you want. 

And, should I end up not using the step often- my daughter has already found another use for it:
    8l3yy0vuuuw5.jpg

@pacsnc6 glad the chemo is going well and blood tests normal.  Stay strong.
    @1theresamcvean great result (well done!), and lovely reflections.
    @Cafelelia homeschooling is so hard - I take my hat off to you with 2 doing it.  It is like a battle every day.  The home is just so full of distraction.  Will be nice to get back to home being home again.
    @nstephenson01 wow - fab loss! 

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    05/14 steps 8709
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in Week: week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 133.3