*sic wide berth, not wife birth 🤣😂🤣😂
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    05/17 steps 2913
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx it is scary to think that you were not even in the healthy BMI range in your "thin" photo. In my head I have top end healthy BMI as being my goal, but may rethink this! Thank you for sharing. Glad your recovery has gone well, and you most definitely have a great attitude to weight loss now.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    kbvyc9bio86x.jpeg

Week 2 Step Challenge Winners

1. @JillyBT - 128,923 steps
    2. @timibotkin - 98,052 steps
    3. @hope002 - 89,172 steps

Congratulations to our winners!!
    Together, 7 participants took 586,178 steps this week! Congratulations everyone!!
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Username: jedaschultz
    Week: 3
    Weight in day: Monday
    Previous weight:201.4
    Current weight: 202
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx That is crazy to think that you would be considered "overweight" in your thin picture.

The number on the scale doesn't equate to our value OR our health. Thank you for that reminder!

Okay, my plans are posted for the day, and I just had a delicious breakfast of poached eggs and toast. Now to exercise, clean the house, and go grocery shopping.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Today restaurants opened for outdoor seating. We went and had chinese, not my favorite because sometimes it gives me a belly ache sometimes it doesn't. But it was great to have a seat outside. It wasn't busy I was surprised, my husband thought because we went in the afternoon and people were probably working. I didn't workout today, I should have but I couldn't get motivated this morning. I was looking for a new workout to do. The one I was looking at looked a little intense even for beginners.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    I woke at 3:30 am. Decided to catch up with everyone’s posts. So inspiring. Even those that have gained weight and posted. It takes courage to be open and honest.
    I pretty much overate on vacation and hoping to get started back on track tomorrow. Molly’s birthday is today chocolate birthday cake with vanilla buttercream frosting on the menu.
    We had such a lovely romantic getaway. We both took naps during the day and got a nice walk in on Saturday. We loved Winston-Salem. Looked at about 15 homes. We have a really good real estate agent. We enddd up looking at more homes Sunday before coming home. The last house we looked at was the most expensive but we were smitten. It’s very quirky. Has a claw foot tub standing in the master bedroom.
    I sent out a feeler yesterday for a job transfer. Need to make another effort today and see what happens.
    We bought delicious fresh peaches, watermelon, green beans, sweet onions and potatoes from a farm stand in NC. Made buttermilk pancakes topped with fresh peaches yesterday. Also went strawberry picking.
    I’m overall finding myself too easily slipping into old eating habits. Sigh. I wish I was “normal” but I’m not. I have eating issues.
    After birthday cake today I asked Molly if she would recommit with me to lose weight. Tomorrow is our goal.
    Molly has very thick wavy red hair. She was looking pretty top heavy and miserable. I finally agreed to cut her hair. It came out great. We were both so impressed! I kept going and cut my granddaughters hair 4 inches. I may be cutting my own too.
    I did a tad bit of running while we were away. Ready to start back.
    Today is last day of vacation.
    I’m afraid tomorrow’s weigh in will be frightening but it is what it is. I know I’m not alone figuring all this out.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    05/18 steps 9607
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    Food - on plan
    Water - 2l
    Exercise - 5 km walk

I had a great day and continued with food cooking and prep. It was so cold and rainy. I think it is one of the coldest long weekends we ever had. The sun is out now though and we should be returning to more seasonal temperatures over the next few days. We are in phase 1 of reopening here, which means street level shops can open with appropriate distancing, and some summer activities are open like golf and sailing. Restaurants are still take out only, and we are supposed to hear about schools tomorrow. Canada & the US extended our mutual travel ban, so personal, non-essential travel is still not allowed up to June 21st. I completely understand, but am still sad that I missed my trips to the US this year.

@profdawnlee - Nice losses! It is natural with running to sometimes look at others, but the best thing to do is focus on you and your personal best. Speedwork is a great way to improve your time. Some strength cross training helps too. My brother was not athletic growing up, and he has run 11 marathons as an adult (more to come too)! I was an ok athlete but not brilliant, and I have done so many races as an adult, including a few half marathons. We are always evolving!

@mrsbell8well - You did a great job with Molly’s hair! Keep posting progress pics on your starter. The quarantine has been so good for renewing my bread baking interests.

@twyla77 - Great job with the water & steps. What is your small step today?

@ljdanny - It must have been so good going to a restaurant, even if it was not your favorite.

@Gingerpwr - Hope that you got everything done yesterday, most of all the exercise!

@jedaschultz - That is just a little gain, which is ok. Hope that you are doing well.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,457 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Monday check in
    Food - on plan
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - 45 min walk, 30 min walk, PT and stretching.

Just a quick check in. I had to go to grocery shopping this morning. It is so much better going earlier. I have to check for the hours for the senior citizens. I have been waiting until 9 but I think I may be able to go earlier. I had a good day yesterday and so far today no reason not to keep this going! I am waiting for Shannon to go for a walk. It is sunny but chilly and windy today. Have a great day everyone!

Congratulations @JillyBT, @timibotkin and @hope002 -impressive steps last week!!

@Cafelelia That coffee cake looks delicious! Yum! I love when you can still feel like you are having a treat and it is on plan. Much like the cake and the dinner.
    @jedaschultz That's not too bad of a gain. Hope all is going well.
    @GingerPwr I am a day behind. I am not sure what sounds more delicious, your egg breakfast or the breakfast you posted on the new feed earlier today. I need to up my breakfast game!
    @ljdanny It must have been nice to go out for dinner. I am glad you were able to sit outside and enjoy.
    @twyla77 Sounds like a good start to the week! Awesome water and steps!
    @Mrsbell8well Sounds like you had a nice vacation. I know you will get back on track right away. Happy Birthday to Molly
    @brown6267 Nice steps! Hope all is well!
    @ProfDawnLee You are doing awesome! What a great May you are having. Thank you for sharing about your start to running. I assumed you were always fit. I think you can absolutely call yourself an athlete. Look how far you have come :)
    @podperson1 Nice loss! Having the house stocked with healthier food does help stay on track! I can't even jump onto my store's delivery service. I don't know how people are doing it around here.
This discussion has been closed.