SHRINKING ASSETS Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Another day pre-logged.... unfortunately I already ate a delicious lunch (by 12.30) and don't have dinner until 20.30 today..... snacking is going to be in play this afternoon 😄 admitting that now will help me do it in an on plan way, I hope!
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

If Julie (@boehle) and I eat more eggs we might start laying them.... HAHAHAHA!!! She and I eat more eggs than any two people I know! My family (mostly me) will eat 18 a week. Great source of protein and CHEAP!

Sorry but I think my husband might have you beat! He panics when he's "down to 4 dozen" in the frig. He has at least 2 eggs every single morning. I like eggs - I'll have them once in awhile, but every day is too much. Growing up, breakfast was fried eggs every single day. My mom probably went through a dozen every day. But then - I grew up on a chicken/egg farm. The irony.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

If Julie (@boehle) and I eat more eggs we might start laying them.... HAHAHAHA!!! She and I eat more eggs than any two people I know! My family (mostly me) will eat 18 a week. Great source of protein and CHEAP!

Sorry but I think my husband might have you beat! He panics when he's "down to 4 dozen" in the frig. He has at least 2 eggs every single morning. I like eggs - I'll have them once in awhile, but every day is too much. Growing up, breakfast was fried eggs every single day. My mom probably went through a dozen every day. But then - I grew up on a chicken/egg farm. The irony.

Your husband and I were likely separated at birth. I could eat eggs more often. I usually go thru 10 in my weekly breakfast prep - 1 whole egg +1white in each meal. That leaves 6 eggs for the weekend. I would eat breakfast for dinner twice a week if DH would.

Yeah - I could do 2 dozen a week :D:D

Not sure where you are, but at less than $2 for 1.5 dozen - price cant be beat!!! see what I did there... eggs... beat... :p
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    A dozen eggs here is usually .79 to .99 cents
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Chime in and tell us what a dozen eggs cost where you are.

A dozen large eggs is $1.28 at Walmart just north of Atlanta, GA.
  • boehle
    Options
    two days in a row, I have gotten some walking in. Just have to keep it up... so I can work my way back up to running.
    Ohio opens outdoor seating Friday, as well as Salons.
    The 21st, we open all restaurants. Its about get insane in my small town
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    €1.99 for a dozen of non-organic, non-freerange large eggs here. I pay 1.29 for half a dozen free range ones so not as cheap at all on this side of the pond.....
  • biketheworld
    Options
    Hubby says he’s paying between $1.18 and $1.49 per dozen. I told him maybe we should get some backyard chickens. He pretty much just rolled his eyes. Lol
  • jrortega1912
    jrortega1912 Posts: 315 Member
    Options

Jrortega1912
    Monday
    PW 169.0
    CW 159.5

I am late. Monday was a hectic day.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Jrortega1912
    Monday
    PW 169.0
    CW 159.5

I am late. Monday was a hectic day.

I had your last week at 160.0.
    Was 169 a typo?
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Chime in and tell us what a dozen eggs cost where you are.

A dozen large eggs is $1.28 at Walmart just north of Atlanta, GA.

$1.49 in SE Wisconsin
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    We buy eggs in cartons of 10 or 15 here in Finland. 1.49€ for 10 free-range eggs.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    Depends on the egg type. Medium - caged around £1.40 ($1.85) a dozen, free range £1.80 ($2.35), organic £2.40 ($3.10) a dozen.
  • biketheworld
    Options
    A couple days ago I realized there was a "habit tracking spreadsheet" available and decided to join in. My 3 habits I'm working on are: (1) exercise at least 25 mins each day; (2) drink 64 oz of water each day; and (3) no snacking after dinner.

I have not yet succeeded in drinking all the water. That's always been an issue for me. Not sure why.

Snacking after dinner has been a terrible habit. I am capable of eating a couple thousand calories at night. It starts with a handful of peanuts, moves on to cheese & crackers, then a granola bar, then fruit, popcorn slathered in butter, a glass or two of wine, maybe chocolate if I have it hidden somewhere. Hubby rarely buys sweets or potato chips (at my request) but I still find something to eat. I'm not hungry, we always eat a good/healthy dinner, it's just a terrible habit.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PW: 158.0
    CW: 160.8

I'm up....I had a terrible migraine over the weekend, thus end result I was eating a lot more carbs to get rid of nausea....sorry 🙁
  • Beka3695
    Options

I have not yet succeeded in drinking all the water. That's always been an issue for me. Not sure why

This is my Achilles heel as well! I am really trying to get more water in, but getting 8 a day is sooo difficult for me. I have half of my daily sitting on my desk. Goal to have it gone by the end of the day.

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was.... not good. Husband's workplace had a remote social event that included gift cards to a pizza chain with instructions that everyone get their pizza for the event so they can eat "together". Of course I jumped on the wagon and also wanted pizza instead of going to the store and cooking for myself, so I had a pizza. The problem? The event was at 4PM, so I ended up skipping lunch because otherwise I wouldn't be hungry enough to eat the pizza when it's still warm, and I snacked all day. Then after the pizza I hit a major carb coma and took a nap, and after that there were still so many hours in the day that I was snacking again, with even more carbs and ice cream.

I'm so ready for some sort of reopening to happen, my life simply doesn't work like this. I'm considering going back to the office from the beginning on June, when our remote work order eases into a remote work recommendation. I miss my standing desk, I miss having a difference between work and free time, I miss the variety of seeing things that aren't in a one-mile radius around my home, and I miss having some alone time. The problem is that I have my desk monitors and half the company archives at home with me, and I have to choose whether I'll work mostly from home or mostly from the office, and keep all this stuff there.
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    @hipari I totally hear you on the work thing. Yesterday 3 of us went back to the office for the first time since 16th March. Being back at work was lovely but coming home from work was literally the best feeling in the world! This is a very occasional thing for us at present. We might be back there next Thursday and I'm already counting down the days! But; I was disorganised as my stuff is all over the place and things were at home I would have liked there etc. So, when we are allowed back in more, probably also from 1sr June, I'll have to think carefully about what lives where.
    Re the pizza and snack day. Draw a line and move on, no biggy. I just hope it was tasty 😀

@LaurieWrobo I hope you're feeling better by now?

It's just before 7am and I'm about to start working as I have way too much to achieve today..... but that's okay because I will take a longer lunch to fit in a workout and I should be finished by 18.30/19.00 tonight rather than later and I have a special delivery of meat pie, gravy and sunshine peas arriving and i cannot wait!!!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @hipari - I actually dreamed about pizza last night. I don't recall the last REAL pizza I have had.

from yesterday -- I did get all of my water in!!! YAY!! I finished at 930PM :D

My MOE - modified IF has been working great. I am so happy with it. Today I am being tosses a curve ball. Let's see how I do!!

FLEXIBILITY....
    Georgia half opened a couple weeks ago. We have not had a full, in person staff meeting since early February. The main office is traveling to the satellite office for a catered lunch meeting. 1030PM a group txt came in that lunch would be provided by a mom and pop style meat and 3 restaurant. For those not familiar with meat and 3 -- this is typically a 'country cooking' feel good style restaurant. Protein of choice and 3 veggies. BTW - Mac n Cheese is considered a veggie and protein is usually fried chicken. NOOOOOO!!!!

I have run many scenarios thru my head. I am hoping there is a baked protein. If not, I will likely skip and do an all veggie - likely with double green beans.

I've been tossed a lemon - now it is time to make lemonade!!!

• boehle
    Options
    Good Morning!
    I am sooooooooooo ready to be in the office again. I loathe working from home. I did it for 1.5 years. Its too quiet for me, even when the TV is on and I get distracted.
    I am about to warm up some breakfast and another cup of coffee. My fitbit is on the charger because I forgot to charge last night but I will get in a walk at lunch... if the rain holds off. Looks like a big wave is headed around noon. Forecast looks like days of rain is coming. Blah
    Ohio opens up outdoor seating tomorrow. Exciting but I will not be attending. I will still get my stuff to go. It'll be like a mad house. Next week, we then open indoor seating. I expect a 2nd lockdown is coming but been watching what @beka3695 state is doing.
This discussion has been closed.