DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    I think I strained my hamstring just now on a walk. Maybe it was the 30 seconds I jogged 😒
    I probably won’t be able to make my 3 miles a day goal this week unless it’s feeling better in a few days. I’ll have to adjust my routine to eat a little less and/or add some other workout to compensate.

Rest it and don’t push it. I had to cut my walk short due to my leg pain. We have to listen to our bodies.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 5/15: 22,020
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!!

Today’s goals
    Walk 4.4 Miles
    Under Calories
    No midnight snacks
  • metonymicalinsanity
    metonymicalinsanity Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I think I strained my hamstring just now on a walk. Maybe it was the 30 seconds I jogged 😒
    I probably won’t be able to make my 3 miles a day goal this week unless it’s feeling better in a few days. I’ll have to adjust my routine to eat a little less and/or add some other workout to compensate.

Rest it and don’t push it. I had to cut my walk short due to my leg pain. We have to listen to our bodies.
    Yeah I know I should. It’s annoying because it’s not a bad injury. Honestly it may just be a cramp. But not being used to walking for exercise it does hurt more than it probably should. Also annoying because I was on a roll! So yeah I’ll take the win on weight loss and keep doing my planks and we’ll see how this silly hammy feels in a few days. I could also do some weight lifting to invigorate the old arms, although that won’t make a big dent in burning calories. 🤷‍♂️
  • michelleywardell
    michelleywardell Posts: 84 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Steps today 30807
  • kerdil08
    kerdil08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Starting weight....210.1
    1st weigh in .....209.6
    2nd weigh in.....210.7
  • Murphyi150
    Murphyi150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    May 16. 7692 steps.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Check-In: Saturday, May 16th

•Log all food: Nope ❌
    •Calories: Nope ❌
    •Exercise: 5K run ✔️
    •Water: 2L ✔️
    •Steps: 13,173✔️

Good Sunday team! Woke up to see a huge spike on the scale this morning. That’s water retention for you. I had very high sodium foods and very late at night. I’m hoping that I see this back down by tomorrow morning.

No workout for today as I’m feeling physically and mentally tired today. I will go out for a little walk with a friend later today. Wishing you all a blessed day.

May goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 252
    C. W. 257
    To be honest I'm just about done with this. I've tried so many food calculators to find my deficit. I am always hungry.
    Steps for 5/16 is 16561 I think.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • metonymicalinsanity
    metonymicalinsanity Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 252
    C. W. 257
    To be honest I'm just about done with this. I've tried so many food calculators to find my deficit. I am always hungry.

Don’t give up! We’ll help you find something that works. Have you tried any sort of dense but low calorie options? Like oatmeal (with sugar and cinnamon for me—can’t stand bland food) or a big salad with a protein on top (and dressing, because as far as I’m concerned lettuce can go eat itself if it doesn’t have something tasty on top— see previous comment about bland food). Anyway I’m sure the team has other ideas about how to fill up so you’re not hungry, all while staying under calorie goals.

Personal update (along the same lines actually), I was under calories yesterday according to MFP, but up 1.2 lbs this morning on the scale. I’m planning to eat light today since my hamstring is still a little tight so I won’t be doing much exercise.
  • michelleywardell
    michelleywardell Posts: 84 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    PW 183.8
    CW 183.8

Really this is weird. I went up to 187 this week and then today came out at my last weigh in weight. Oh well. I guess a loss is a loss. I'm sorry 😞 I didn't lose anything this week from last week. I'll try to keep it down this week. Too much salt I think.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 252
    C. W. 257

Have you spread your calories out evenly over the day? I had to go back to my old way of eating this last week. I am spreading my calories over 3 meals and 2 snacks. This way I am eating fairly regularly and don’t feel the hunger as much. Try keeping some low calorie snacks like cut up veggies for when you get real hungry.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    PW 183.8
    CW 183.8

Really this is weird. I went up to 187 this week and then today came out at my last weigh in weight. Oh well. I guess a loss is a loss. I'm sorry 😞 I didn't lose anything this week from last week. I'll try to keep it down this week. Too much salt I think.

Don’t be sorry. Weight loss has many up and downs. Salt can cause a big jump in weight.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Saturday’s check in
    Calories: over 🤦‍♀️
    Exercise: 21 minute walk
    Water: not enough

Steps 5/16 9,448

I ended up getting into bread again and it put me over for the day. I let myself get into boredom eating. Very dangerous.

My leg bothered me after grocery shopping yesterday so I wasn’t able to get a long walk in. I was out already this morning and I had a decent walk. Not going to do very much today except clean the apartment.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 5km (done)
    2. Clean apartment
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. Drink 8 cups of water
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    s9acp12kv6uz.png
  • chassp8pooh
    chassp8pooh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    LW: 201.8 (was two days late weighing in)
    CW. 201.2
    Been sick for three weeks, moving house and now back to my regularly scheduled workout routine!
  • destiny_sierra
    destiny_sierra Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Friday May 15 and Saturday May 16 Check in

Friday Steps: 11,608
    Saturday Steps: 7803
    Calories: Under Friday, Over Saturday
    Water: no both days
    Exercise: Friday was OK

I didn't get as many steps in as planned yesterday, it was a nice day here so we ended up going to the cemetery to plant flowers and then I planted the flowers we had left at home. I think I spent a little too much time kneeling yesterday as my back is killing me today!

Sunday's Goals
    - Stretch out my back
    - Drink 2L of Water
    - Eat lower sodium foods
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    • Friday, May 15: 14 012
    • Saturday, May 16: 20 958
    • Sunday, May 17: 10 866 (for now, will update final result tomorrow)

Weigh-in:
    Username: Piqueaboo
    Weigh-in week: 3
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    May Start Weight: 195.6
    Previous weight: 193.4
    Current weight: 198

May Loss: +2.4lbs

Total Loss to date: -51lbs

What can I say - it was my first week "out" after our deconfinement has begun, in terms of calorie counting I've not been great but I tried to watch what I ate. My big downfall is alcohol - Friday night we were drinking until 4 am so Saturday I ate way too much, and Friday was carb-heavy so I'm sure most of the damage is water weight, but it still doesn't negate the fact that I'm undoing all the good work I'm putting in. I did do my workouts - 6 times this week (3x Kayla Itsines calisthenics + hiit & 3x c25k) and I walked way more, but numbers are numbers and I'm at the same weight as April 10th. I'm a bit disappointed in myself but I won't beat myself up because I know what the problem is and I worked out consistently. I'll try to do better next week.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    fsxw6jb1bvkl.gif
    a2ofltymw48y.png
    zoni5igukfax.png
    n2o1pxbf8odr.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Waistaways 0.53%
    2nd Downsizers 0.40%
    3rd Trimstones 0.22%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS