WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was pretty good, I accomplished everything I set to accomplish, the only hiccup was when I got into bed to read, I was towards the end of the book, so I finished it, so normally I am asleep my 10pm, I didn't finish reading until 11.30- so I am a bit sleepy this morning... This always happens at the end of a book...

Did my 2 miles this morning, and will do pilates when I get home today, then I will take the dogs on a walk, then finish on the treadmill if I still need more steps...

My steps for yesterday were - 10,915

• matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    @matthewsfive Vera, I keep forgetting to mention this, but I LOVE your new profile photo. So beautiful. <3:)

@micki48 thanks that's really sweet of you. <3
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone! I wanted to write last night but the day got away from me! I love hearing about everyone's gardens. We do a garden too but I am not the main care taker. My mother in law plans it out and starts a lot of the seeds. I usually am on weeding and harvesting duty. We have deer and have a 7 foot fence around it and the orchard.

Oh my, moving the chocolate to another part of the house and storing it in a ziploc so I can't smell it has been life changing. I don't even think about it! 😂

I have been reading "no sweat" and the section I am reading right now focuses on everything counts. If you get 10 minutes of movement it counts. If you get 3 minutes to walk to the mailbox it counts. When you start viewing every little amount of time as actual exercise your more likely to be willing to take advantage of every scrap of time. As a working mom I get interpreted a lot. Instead of not doing some pilates because I know the kids will interrupt me, I just do what I can. Instead of not starting my workout video because the oven timer will go off before I'm done, I get what I can done. I am amazed at how many exercise minutes I am getting! Just a new way to think about exercise.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    What a day! I will sleep well tonight - first sunburn of the year (mostly weird little triangles on my feet caused by my sandals, and on my back from bending over in the garden wearing a sleeveless top), plenty of hours of heavy hoeing, cultivating, and preparing the rest of the garden. The shower was earned, the black fly bites plentiful!

I love your exercise (and chocolate) revelations, @conleywoods ! It is amazing how getting our thoughts into a new groove can help us without too much effort or worry. The tiny habits or the No Sweat approach are both great for that - you do what works, and it feels so good you don't mess it up. I have been doing more push-ups in the past week than in ages, just by doing 2 every time I come out of the bathroom. Even if I go in to wash my hands, gotta do those 2 push-ups. I really see a difference already! Better form, and some nice triceps development! And good for you for getting the chocolate into the oubliette :blush:

@micki48 - you are doing great this week! Roasted chickpeas are delish. Well, to me, chickpeas are always fantastic no matter what you do to them. I think I'll soak some overnight. You gave me the craving!

Just a few reminders before relaxing for the rest of the evening ---

The Tuesday Weigh-in Report (insert dramatic music here)
    overdue:
    @justinb_83

due today:
    @ells_runs

due Wednesday:
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527
    @fourathomej
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Step update:
    5/17 - 7,999
    5/18 - 3,610

I worked in the office today training new staff which meant a lot of sitting around. I was exhausted when I got home, and my muscles hurt from yesterday's video, so couldn't force myself to do a workout, but I did walk around the house to get an extra 1,000 steps so that's something.

IF going okay, my stomach sounds like an angry bear by the 15th or 16th hour though lol.

I'm a little worried as my garden flooded after I put my transplants in. That being said I have friends in the next town over being evacuated from their homes due to flooding, so if all I have to deal with are some dead plants, then I will consider myself blessed. Michigan is being hit hard right now between COVID19 and now the flooding. But we will survive!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If you get 10 minutes of movement it counts. If you get 3 minutes to walk to the mailbox it counts. When you start viewing every little amount of time as actual exercise your more likely to be willing to take advantage of every scrap of time.
    This really makes sense to me. I tend to wait until I can carve out a full session but when I think about it I am most successful when I am doing functional exercise - a little bit with this chore and some more with that task, etc. - instead of a big chunk of time to do something more formal. Thanks for this!
  • jguldi11
    Options
    @conleywoods how precious! They are adorable. Thank you for sharing.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Options
    Okay so apparently there is a competitive side of me I had no idea about !!! Although I guess not that competitive, because when I woke up at 5.45 I thought If I get out of bed right now, I have time to do an extra mile, but I didn't do it.. lol...

Anyway, Yesterday steps were 12,194 and 30 minutes of Pilates...

Today, is dog jog and yoga... I got my 2 miles done already... I wish I could find a way to take my work week energy/motivation ( not sure what the right word for that would be) into my weekend, I just seem to kick butt during the week, and on the weekends, I'm lucky if I can kick an ankle...

Anywho, I started a new book last night, it's starting so sad and depressing I really hope it gets better... I can't wait till the book stores open again, I miss browsing, it's just not the same online...

Anyway, off to do some work, it should be a busy day, so hopefully it will go by quickly !

Have a wonderful day !
  • jguldi11
    Options
    jguldi11 wrote: »
    @micki48 Step update:
    5/17 - 7,999
    5/18 - 3,610

I just realized I typed the wrong dates! The correct info:

5/17 - 2,700
    5/18 - 7,999
    5/19 - 3,610

Sorry for the confusion!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!
    It is another bright and sunny morning here - so more bug bites are in my immediate future :grimace: Still, it is great to be out there, and not experiencing the floods like @jguldi11 - I hope you stay high and dry :heart:

@conleywoods thanks for posting the baby robins! The progression is beautiful - how many days has it been since they hatched?

@Gidgitgoescrazy no kidding you're competitive! I have to get in some serious walking today!!! What book are you reading? What kind do you like? Maybe we can all start recommending books to one another. I read a ton too, and listen to audiobooks even more.

Have a good one, all!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday!

@Gidgitgoescrazy no kidding you're competitive! I have to get in some serious walking today!!! What book are you reading? What kind do you like? Maybe we can all start recommending books to one another. I read a ton too, and listen to audiobooks even more.

Have a good one, all!

It's called " If the creek don't rise" By Leah Weiss - it's her 1st novel... My genre is usually light, fun reads, I wouldn't call them romance, but there is usually that in them, there is always a strong female character who overcomes something... Or dogs, there are alot of books about dogs on my shelves... I'm not big into mystery, or murder types such as Dean Koontz.. One of my favorite series was the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, although that took me years to get through because I prefer a quicker read, I tend to have a short attention span, so something I can get done in a week with just a few hours a night, is usually all I go for. I read solely for pleasure, not to learn anything, lol...
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    If you get 10 minutes of movement it counts. If you get 3 minutes to walk to the mailbox it counts. When you start viewing every little amount of time as actual exercise your more likely to be willing to take advantage of every scrap of time.
    This really makes sense to me. I tend to wait until I can carve out a full session but when I think about it I am most successful when I am doing functional exercise - a little bit with this chore and some more with that task, etc. - instead of a big chunk of time to do something more formal. Thanks for this!

I totally agree. In addition all those NEAT things you can do to burn extra calories. I think my favorite suggestion was to be purposefully inefficient when you are moving around your house.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @conleywoods Thanks for the sweet birds post. I love it!

It has been raining here nonstop. I was having dreams about water pouring in through the ceiling. Thank God, that was only a dream. We are pretty much puddling everywhere. Clay soil does not have great drainage. I don't mind the rain, it's when there is wind as well, then I worry about the great big Oak trees all around my house. A few years back, a hurricane came through and our neighborhood was a disaster zone. Luckily for us, trees around us went in the opposite direction of our house onto neighbors. It was bad, but now that is always in the back of my mind. If our oldest Oak in front every comes down and we are home. Bye bye.

My granddaughter will be here soon for a day with us while mommy gets some work done. I got up early, compared to lately, had coffee and listened to the rain. Completed 17 minutes of Pilates and here I sit. I need to get some steps quick as there are some women on this team who appear to never sit down. ;)

Make the best of this day! Talk to you later.
    <3Michele
This discussion has been closed.