• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories; under
    Exercise: none
    Water: ✅

Steps 5/19 2,380

My days are all screwed up this week. Monday was a holiday so I keep thinking today is Tuesday. I missed a day.

I am still feeling blah today but I am going to go for a walk. Don’t know how far I will get but it is beautiful outside and I need fresh air. I was looking at MapMyWalk and I had a 25 day walking streak until I blew it yesterday. A few of the walks were short ones due to my leg but a walk still. Let’s see if I can beat that streak.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk ? km
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Log all food accurately
    4. Drink 8 cups of water
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Steps:

Monday, May 18: 6 039
    Tuesday, May 19: 6 255
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! Wednesday weigh-in for me:

Username: missgyst
    Weigh-in Day: Wednesday
    Weigh-in week: 3
    Starting Weight: 229.0
    Previous weight: 222.4
    Current weight: 221.2

Well, it's a loss so it counts... but I wish yesterday was my weigh-in day because I was less!
    :D This week I really need to focus on my walking/moving more. I started out slow, then when I finally got in a groove the weather decided it was going to be winter again! Now that we're back in the sunny 60's, I'll be getting back out there.
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I remember those days of trying to get exercise in before work. It is tough and I admire you for trying. It is easy for me as I am retired.
    Thank you! I really appreciate that, but honestly - at the moment it's not as difficult as it would normally be. I'm still working full-time, but I'm working from home. I have to be generally available for 8 hours a day starting no later than 9. So if I get myself rolled out of bed by 7:30, I could have a nice walk and breakfast before starting my day, but it's been morning laziness and chilly weather holding me back. I'm going to do better this week.

• Murphyi150
    Murphyi150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oops forgot to log my steps yesterday.
    May 19. 6519 steps.

Yesterday started off well and ended with me stuffing my face non stop 😩. I’m so close to reaching my goal and yet keep sabotaging myself.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 5/19: 11,374
  • mellane30
    mellane30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello hello. It's amazing what you can accomplish when fate lends a hand. My truck is in the shop right now an my insurance hasn't finished my request for a rental. Being car-less, living in the burbs and having errands to run, I decided to put on my backpack and start walking. 19,200 steps later, my errands are done and I think my feet are now going to fall off.
    Oddly, the more physical I am, the less hungry I am. What is going on?
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    5c5zc3dmb5io.jpeg

MAY WEEK 2 STEP RESULTS
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 917,847 STEPS
    (Last week it was 554,100 !)

TOP 3 STEPPERS

@888Angie888 - 123,522 steps
    @michelleywardell - 120,954 steps
    @mari_moulin - 117,308 steps

Also well done to ...

@destiny_sierra - 105,671
    @kyfrancik - 102,408
    @19shmoo69 - 92,875
    @Lindamtuck2018 - 80,177
    @piqueaboo - 77,859
    @Murphyi150 - 53,193
    @missGYST - 37,789
    @Shad0wDancer - 6,091 ( missing most of your week)

@UTMom81 missing your full week.

849ar4w8wugh.jpeg
  • Murphyi150
    Murphyi150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    May 20. 8744 steps.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Sorry team but I will be playing catch up today.

Check-In: Sunday, May 17th

•Log all food: Nope ❌
    •Calories: Nope ❌
    •Exercise: none ❌
    •Water: not enough ❌
    •Steps: 7,355 ❌

Ceck-In: Monday, May 18th

•Exercise: 5K walk ✔️
    •Steps: 18,381✔️

Ceck-In: Tuesday, May 19th

•Exercise: none ❌
    •Steps: 6,192 ❌

Ceck-In: Wednesday, May 20th

•Calories: Yes ✔️
    •Exercise: 5K walk + Zumba ✔️
    •Water: 2L ✔️
    •Steps: 27,278✔️

Happy Thirsty Thursday team! As you can see from my above check ins... lots of red. I have really struggled this week. I’ve not stayed on top of my water, I’ve not done my daily workouts, I haven’t been logging or watching what I eat. I’ve had a 3lb gain since last Saturday and I’m struggling to get it back down. I apologize ahead of time for the gain I will be adding in this week.

To make things worse, my Fitbit broke on Tuesday. I had more steps for that day but I had to change my watch. I can’t be without it so I went straight to the shop to buy another one. I got a smaller cheaper one but it does what I need it to do.

We had so many appointments this week along with several visits here at the house. I’m cleaning house daily to get it ready for the potential buyers. We’ve had 2 positive visits so far so fingers crossed it sells quickly. I’m feeling so tired this week. I’ve gotten so used to confinement and not moving much to busy busy days running Back and forth.

I’m also happy to have done my first Zumba class since the beginning of the pandemic. Outdoor class with 10 people and it felt great!!

Hope you’ve all been well. I’m going to go back and reply to some posts now. I’m sorry if I don’t get to yours. Also, I’ve caught up with the ages. If I am missing any please let me know ❤️

May goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 252
    C. W. 257
    To be honest I'm just about done with this. I've tried so many food calculators to find my deficit. I am always hungry.
    Steps for 5/16 is 16561 I think.

I’m sorry I’m getting to this so late. Ok so, I’m not gonna give you the whole you’ve got this don’t quit stuff.

Look at the gain you had this week and with this you were giving it an effort. Can you imagine what your results will be if you quit?! You would be back to your highest weight in a matter of months. Quitting is NOT an option! This isn’t something you will be doing until you’ve reached goal weight. You are in this for the long haul! We are in this until the end of days. We have our ups and downs. We soar and come crashing down more often that we would like. But we DO NOT quit!

Only a few months ago I was in a similar spot as you. I was gaining weight and I was busting my butt at the gym, I was depriving myself of all foods and very very unhappy and always tired. I had a talk with my coach at the gym and he said I’m not eating enough. My body was not doing well on so little fuel but I was making it overwork and tiring it out. He put me on 2300 calories keeping in mind I was at the gym 2 hours a day ( 30 mins cardio and 1.5 hours strength training) when I upped my calories I started losing again. Sounds crazy I know but that’s what it was. I Was eating so much that I was tired of eating. I didn’t want to eat anymore and I was forcing my food down.

Now by food.......I am not taking about cheeseburgers. I was eating LOADS of lean meats and vegetables. I cut out the breads and pastas and changed them for grains and legumes. Lots of quinoa, barley, rice, beans, nuts, oatmeal, all the vegetables you can eat and above all protein protein protein. Wash this all down with at least 2.5 L of water daily. I was eating 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. Breakfast before 8am, snack at 10am, lunch 12-1pm snack 3:30pm, dinner before 8pm. To keep you from eating after dinner, Brush your teeth then no more eating. You will NOT be hungry. This along with daily workouts both cardio and strength and you WILL see results.

Everyone has what works best for them. You need to find yours. For me it helps to change things up when I plateau or when I get tired of the same routine. It’s ok to do that too. It’s not mission impossible my friend. Get back to the basics and do your best each day as they come. Don’t look too far ahead. Just get through today. We will see what tomorrow brings but today, beast mode.
  • michelleywardell
    michelleywardell Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what my last date of step entries was but here is the last 7 days
    May 14 2687
    May 15 28440
    May 16 30939
    May 17 18772
    May 18 4402
    May 19 10486
    May 20 14084
  • michelleywardell
    michelleywardell Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 252
    C. W. 257
    To be honest I'm just about done with this. I've tried so many food calculators to find my deficit. I am always hungry.
    Steps for 5/16 is 16561 I think.

I’m sorry I’m getting to this so late. Ok so, I’m not gonna give you the whole you’ve got this don’t quit stuff.

Look at the gain you had this week and with this you were giving it an effort. Can you imagine what your results will be if you quit?! You would be back to your highest weight in a matter of months. Quitting is NOT an option! This isn’t something you will be doing until you’ve reached goal weight. You are in this for the long haul! We are in this until the end of days. We have our ups and downs. We soar and come crashing down more often that we would like. But we DO NOT quit!

Only a few months ago I was in a similar spot as you. I was gaining weight and I was busting my butt at the gym, I was depriving myself of all foods and very very unhappy and always tired. I had a talk with my coach at the gym and he said I’m not eating enough. My body was not doing well on so little fuel but I was making it overwork and tiring it out. He put me on 2300 calories keeping in mind I was at the gym 2 hours a day ( 30 mins cardio and 1.5 hours strength training) when I upped my calories I started losing again. Sounds crazy I know but that’s what it was. I Was eating so much that I was tired of eating. I didn’t want to eat anymore and I was forcing my food down.

Now by food.......I am not taking about cheeseburgers. I was eating LOADS of lean meats and vegetables. I cut out the breads and pastas and changed them for grains and legumes. Lots of quinoa, barley, rice, beans, nuts, oatmeal, all the vegetables you can eat and above all protein protein protein. Wash this all down with at least 2.5 L of water daily. I was eating 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. Breakfast before 8am, snack at 10am, lunch 12-1pm snack 3:30pm, dinner before 8pm. To keep you from eating after dinner, Brush your teeth then no more eating. You will NOT be hungry. This along with daily workouts both cardio and strength and you WILL see results.

Everyone has what works best for them. You need to find yours. For me it helps to change things up when I plateau or when I get tired of the same routine. It’s ok to do that too. It’s not mission impossible my friend. Get back to the basics and do your best each day as they come. Don’t look too far ahead. Just get through today. We will see what tomorrow brings but today, beast mode.

AGREED! @19shmoo69 Don't quit! It can be hard to change your lifestyle, which is exactly what we are all trying to do. Try changing up your foods if you're hungry all the time you may not be getting enough water and you may need to try more filling foods. I eat 2 eggs and cheese(omelette) in the morning. It last me until lunch usually. I usually have some kind of crackers with cheeses or hummus, nuts and yogurt for lunch.

IDEA:
    Drink water everytime you feel hungry and see if the feeling passes. Often a feeling of hunger is thirst. Try using a water app to track your intake. I use Hydro coach, you input your weight and it calculates and adjust as you lose weight.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Happh Thursday, I forgot to post my weight on Tuesday

Week 3
    PW 173.4
    CW 172.2
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »
    Good morning, everyone! Wednesday weigh-in for me:

Username: missgyst
    Weigh-in Day: Wednesday
    Weigh-in week: 3
    Starting Weight: 229.0
    Previous weight: 222.4
    Current weight: 221.2

Well, it's a loss so it counts... but I wish yesterday was my weigh-in day because I was less!
    :D This week I really need to focus on my walking/moving more. I started out slow, then when I finally got in a groove the weather decided it was going to be winter again! Now that we're back in the sunny 60's, I'll be getting back out there.

You are right it certainly counts! Congrats on the loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mellane30 wrote: »
    Hello hello. It's amazing what you can accomplish when fate lends a hand. My truck is in the shop right now an my insurance hasn't finished my request for a rental. Being car-less, living in the burbs and having errands to run, I decided to put on my backpack and start walking. 19,200 steps later, my errands are done and I think my feet are now going to fall off.
    Oddly, the more physical I am, the less hungry I am. What is going on?

Well done on all the walking! I am the opposite I get really hungry if I have a big walk( for me). I find if I don’t eat some of those exercise calories back I end up over eating at night.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Good Morning Happh Thursday, I forgot to post my weight on Tuesday

Week 3
    PW 173.4
    CW 172.2

Congrats on the loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ndjth354d1e5.png
    Overdue
    @lisasolo149
    @dabbers18

Thursday’s Weigh in’s
    @888Angie888
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 54 minute walk
    Water:✅

Steps 8,343

I walked 3.55 km yesterday. It was a slow walk but I got it in. Going out again today and hoping to get 5 km done. I am really late getting going this morning so I will be starting my walk a lot later than usual.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 5km
    2. Log all food accurately
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. Drink 8 cups of water
This discussion has been closed.