Options

Replies

• Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Sorry y'all my youngest bday weekend I was bad

Pw173.4
    Cw175.4

Next week goal crusher is coming all the holidays are over!!!!
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Luciicul
    Monday
    Week 4
    PW: 144.4 lbs
    CW: 141.1 lbs

Still in the maintenance zone :)

My goal for this month was really just to 'keep on track' (nothing too ambitious) and I'm pleased to say I've done that reasonably well. There have been a few wobbles, and my sleep patterns are slipping a little (staying up too late), but I've stuck pretty well to my way of eating and regular exercise.

Australia is now easing up on COVID restrictions, close to 'back to normal', so in June I'll be ready to work towards a new health goal of some kind. (Have to decide what!).

Well done to everyone who put in the effort this week to make Shrinking Assets top of the lists!
  • peachplace
    peachplace Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    PW 247
    CW 246

Glad to see the needle moving! Driving for a bigger loss next month!
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Hipari
    Sundays (yes, today is Monday)
    PW 216.9 lbs
    CW 217.6 lbs
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 I messed up on my weigh in, I did lose, my app just didn't post it right away. I new something seemed wrong, I did very well last week.

PW = 166.8
    CW = 165.1
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    machchic wrote: »
    Beka3695 I messed up on my weigh in, I did lose, my app just didn't post it right away. I new something seemed wrong, I did very well last week.

PW = 166.8
    CW = 165.1

I am correcting now

• WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    WishfulThinning18
    Sunday (sorry for the late weigh in)
    PW:263.2
    CW: 259.8

This makes 39.6 lbs in 3 months today... and officially halfway to goal. Was a good weigh in :)
  • Beka3695
    Options
    samuel860 wrote: »

What a crazy month .... but this Thursday we will have a holiday here in Israel, my family are coming over after 3 months we didn't see each other.
    It's the hardest holiday diet wise because it's all dairy.
    So i'll make 2 kinds of cheeese cake (baked ans not), quiches, fuccacia, lasania, pertzel .... I hope I'll only taste a lite from each, i hope to be strong because I can easily gain everything back LOL
    I'll send pics
    <3

Sounds like a feast!!!! Can’t wait to see pics!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    I significantly over indulged last weekend!
    It was easy to use my anniversary and the holiday weekend as an excuse.

I arrived at my daughters about 7 PM last night and she and I both declared back on track. I am just waking up to start reg work and nanny duties. I’m feeling good about today!!! The scale might be up a little this week. If it is then so be it. Getting back on track is how to get it moving again!!

Happy Monday everyone!!
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    I got super inspired this weekend. I have a friend who is (used to be!) very similar to my size. She's part of a girls' group chat we have, and throughout this social distancing she's kept quiet. Last weekend, she announced that she has lost 10kg and is now overweight instead of obese. She didn't get super detailed, but she said she did it by working on her meal schedule and portion sizes. 10kg is exactly what I need to lose to go from obese to overweight.

Every single one of you is also inspiring, but it's still different to see someone in my IRL friend circle, who I know personally, and who was a similar size, have success. It gives me motivation to, well, cut the crap with my excuses and work on the basics, like portion sizes.

Congrats to your friend! I am glad you have that inspiration in your life.

I am the same way. My sister is about the same size as me, and she has been working on knocking off some weight. It is very inspiring to see her be successful. It also brings out a competitive side to me too - I really want to keep up and be just as fit as her this summer!

The support and competition in this group really inspires me too!

That and, if I am honest, I really want to come out of quarantine and see all of my friends and family and have them say "Dang! She looks so good!" :D

What inspires all of you to keep going when you don't feel like eating healthy, working out, etc. ?
  • Beka3695
    Options
    What inspires all of you to keep going when you don't feel like eating healthy, working out, etc. ?

Seeing my own results keeps me going. When I get complacent or lazy and the progress stops then my motivation stops. I'm currently on a roll and LOVING IT!!!
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Congrats to your friend! I am glad you have that inspiration in your life.

I am the same way. My sister is about the same size as me, and she has been working on knocking off some weight. It is very inspiring to see her be successful. It also brings out a competitive side to me too - I really want to keep up and be just as fit as her this summer!

The support and competition in this group really inspires me too!

That and, if I am honest, I really want to come out of quarantine and see all of my friends and family and have them say "Dang! She looks so good!" :D

This - ALL of this. I really wish I could see my friend (and her results) in person, but this social distancing is never-ending...

My original goal was to start hitting a good loss rate immediately when lockdown started, but then I got sick and spent most of April, well, napping. I'm still happy I maintained, so at least the starting line wasn't pushed back. I'm likely not seeing a lot of people before September, so there's still plenty of time to kick my own butt.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PW: 159.2
    CW: 158.8
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Iamworthy14
    Monday’s
    PW 164.4
    CW 163.6
    Sorry I’m late!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    Time to Recruit!

If you have friends who would love your team, or any of the others - registration for June is OPEN!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10797998/june-2020-fat2fit-registration#latest
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    I'd like to give you some advice from my own personal pain today...

If you're a gym goer or plan on starting a gym/weightlifting routine, don't ever quit or take a longer break from it unless you plan on quitting for good.

I went to the gym yesterday for the first time since beginning of March, so almost 3 months. I went in with the plan of doing a full body workout with *very* light weights, just to remind my body about the right techniques, get a good feeling about being in the gym and to sort of find my muscles again.

If I get sore after a workout, it usually starts the morning after and gets worse throughout the next day. Now, the soreness came already last night, it's worse now that it's morning, and I don't know if I can get up from my desk chair when it's lunch time. The soreness is only this bad whenever I take a break from working out, and the fact that I know this makes me want to kick myself. At least this time the break was not my fault, the gym was closed and the country went on lockdown.

My fitness studio reopened last week. My trainer started me with fairly light weights and reps and I thought I did alright. He said I maintained very well over the shutdown. He had been texting me body weight workouts to do during shutdown and I tried to do most of them (except for the three weeks I had bronchitis). Btw, I discovered I much prefer a gym workout as opposed to a home workout! But that first week-omg I was sore! Not as bad as when I first started training, but more than usual. And I gained like three pounds, which I’m hoping is just water weight. But this week has been much better, even though the weights and reps have increased. So drink your water, take your Advil, and I’ll bet you’ll be back up to speed in no time!
This discussion has been closed.