DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• metonymicalinsanity
    metonymicalinsanity Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    173fvcefmklj.jpg

I have 1 minute of jump roping (rope jumping? sp?) completed so far. Does that put me in the lead?

You're the first on the leaderboard! Woohoo!🙂

I got six total minutes today. Longest stretch was one minute. Started with one full minute and then intervals of 30 seconds jumping and 30 seconds rest. I may end up regretting it tomorrow. My legs that were already sore from squats yesterday are now very, very angry. Pretty sure that's it for today.

Way to go! I was imagining catching up with you this evening, but I’m still doing my 3 mile walk/jogs so there’s no way! But I promise I will overtake you tomorrow!
    Here’s the jump rope leaderboard after a day:
    @metonymicalinsanity 1 minute
    @888Angie888 6 minutes (longest: 60 seconds)
    @mari_moulin
  • Terri622
    Terri622 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Looking forward to the June challenge. Needing some help loosing the 30 lbs I've gained in the last 3 years. I have a challenge exercising with a knee the needs to be replaced. I still try to get in at least 6,000 steps a day. Trying to slowly add more exercises to strengthen my leg muscles. Hoping to loose the weight and put the knee surgery off for several more years. I work in an office and need to get moving more! Thanks for the help in getting motivated and making wise decisions in my health!!! Let's go team!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    173fvcefmklj.jpg

I have 1 minute of jump roping (rope jumping? sp?) completed so far. Does that put me in the lead?

You're the first on the leaderboard! Woohoo!🙂

I got six total minutes today. Longest stretch was one minute. Started with one full minute and then intervals of 30 seconds jumping and 30 seconds rest. I may end up regretting it tomorrow. My legs that were already sore from squats yesterday are now very, very angry. Pretty sure that's it for today.

Way to go! I was imagining catching up with you this evening, but I’m still doing my 3 mile walk/jogs so there’s no way! But I promise I will overtake you tomorrow!
    Here’s the jump rope leaderboard after a day:
    @metonymicalinsanity 1 minute
    @888Angie888 6 minutes (longest: 60 seconds)
    @mari_moulin

I’m catching up today I promise. I didn’t get a chance last night but I’ll be out for my jog in a few then coming back to catch up for yesterday.
  • Murphyi150
    Murphyi150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    May 28. 7623 steps.
  • mellane30
    mellane30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Quick weigh in. Will actually post tomorrow.

Username: Mellane30
    Weighin Week: 05/25/2020
    Weighin Day: Monday
    Previous weight: 211.2
    Current weight: 209.5
  • wbs2020
    wbs2020 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Downsizers! I'm happy to be joining you guys for June! My goals are to drop weight at a reasonable pace, focus on consistent exercise and try to eat more whole foods / less processed foods.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    If be keen to join a jump rope challenge in June!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    Terri622 wrote: »
    Hi all, Looking forward to the June challenge. Needing some help loosing the 30 lbs I've gained in the last 3 years. I have a challenge exercising with a knee the needs to be replaced. I still try to get in at least 6,000 steps a day. Trying to slowly add more exercises to strengthen my leg muscles. Hoping to loose the weight and put the knee surgery off for several more years. I work in an office and need to get moving more! Thanks for the help in getting motivated and making wise decisions in my health!!! Let's go team!

Welcome to the team! I had my knee replaced a little over 3 years ago. It made a big difference in my life. 6,000 steps a day is great. There are lots of knee friendly exercises on YouTube.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mellane30 wrote: »

Congrats on the loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    wbs2020 wrote: »
    Hi Downsizers! I'm happy to be joining you guys for June! My goals are to drop weight at a reasonable pace, focus on consistent exercise and try to eat more whole foods / less processed foods.

Those sound like some great goals. Welcome to the team!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,138 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Another new person will be coming your way: @Marigorringo . Could it be another Mari??? You will soon know...
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Happy Friday! Another new person will be coming your way: @Marigorringo . Could it be another Mari??? You will soon know...

Welcome to the team!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thursday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 76 minute walk
    Water:✅

Steps 5/28 10,708

PW 208.4
    CW 204.8

It was a good week weight loss wise. I recovered from going over on the weekend. This week I did IF and I think it made a difference.

I almost never went for my walk this morning. I woke up, weighed myself and went back to bed. I had to fight to get myself to go but I am glad I went. I did 5.36 km this morning.

Happy Friday all!

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 5 km ✅
    2. Drink 8 cups of water
    3. Stay within calorie goal
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Check-In: Thursday, May 28

•Log all food: Yes ✔️
    •Under Calories: Yes ✔️
    •Exercise: 5K run ✔️
    •Water: 1.5 L ✔️
    •Steps: 14,570 ✔️

Sorry team I’m running late today. I’ve had a crazy busy day with the kids. I had to take 2 of them to the doctor then had to stop at the pharmacy and go to the store and then go to the place where they distribute masks for our town. It’s almost 6pm here and I’m just now getting home. I am so tired.

I’m glad I got to do my run bright and early today. I haven’t done so great with food tho. I’ve been snacking here and there and was offered some food at a friends house which I’ve no idea how many calories are in what I ate so i won’t be completing my diary today. Weigh in is tomorrow. I know I’ll be down from last week but I’m not sure it’s gonna be back down to my starting weight this month. Ugh this month will have been a bust for me.

May goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Exercise: 45 minute walk
    Water: ✅

Steps 5/27 6,854

I got out for my walk this morning. It was raining but not too hard. I said to myself, Linda you are doing this anyway. I got 5.02 km done. I was good and wet but that won’t hurt me. It is going to cool down here but I am going to try and keep doing my walks at 7am. That way I get into a routine and I don’t have to keep changing the time I walk.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 5 km ✅
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Drink 8 cups of water

glad you got your 5k done despite the wet weather. I don’t mind going out in a little drizzle. I can’t do heavy rain tho. Good luck with all your goals!
    Thursday Weigh Day:
    PW: 252.0
    CW: 253.0

Up a little, but I suspect it is due to water. Squats yesterday had me waking up today with crazy sore thighs plus I had a high sodium dinner last night.

Looking forward to a new week, a new month and awesome progress!

Ugh water weight. I’m suspecting some there for me too as I’m close to that TOM. I’m sure it will be back down next week.
    Steps 5/27: 18,876

Gotcha.
    Wow! This is the first I'm seeing of your new jump rope burn - looks like a blast! I'll wait for cooler weather...

Downsizers! You have a new member coming your way. @wbs2020 will be joining you for the June challenge, and hopefully will be here very soon. Show them around, and have a blast in June. :heart:

Welcome to the team @wbs2020 !!

And one more! @Terri622 just signed up and will be winging your way soon.

Welcome to the team @Terri622
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Terri622 wrote: »

Welcome again! You have some great goals set for yourself! I’m excited that I’ll be able to witness you achieve them all!
    Murphyi150 wrote: »
    May 28. 7623 steps.

Gotcha.
    mellane30 wrote: »

Yea! Great loss for you this week!
    wbs2020 wrote: »

Welcome again. You’ve got some great goals there! I’m happy I’ll watch you achieve them!
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    If be keen to join a jump rope challenge in June!

Yea!! 💪🏻 I’m still trying to get my first jumps in. Fingers crossed I get in it this evening.

Welcome @Marigorringo!
    Thursday’s check in
    Exercise: 76 minute walk
    Water:✅

Steps 5/28 10,708

PW 208.4
    CW 204.8

It was a good week weight loss wise. I recovered from going over on the weekend. This week I did IF and I think it made a difference.

I almost never went for my walk this morning. I woke up, weighed myself and went back to bed. I had to fight to get myself to go but I am glad I went. I did 5.36 km this morning.

Happy Friday all!

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 5 km ✅
    2. Drink 8 cups of water
    3. Stay within calorie goal

Yes!! Get it done girl! Amazing loss and you are doing so well with your goals! I’m crazy proud of you! I’m so happy IF worked for you! I need to get back on that regularly.

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 5/28: 16,696

Off to jump rope. My legs are soooo sore today, but still going to go for at least two minutes.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Oh...Happy Friday!!!
  • metonymicalinsanity
    metonymicalinsanity Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Steps 5/28: 16,696

Off to jump rope. My legs are soooo sore today, but still going to go for at least two minutes.

Happy Friday. But you’re killing me with these jump ropes! I struggled through 2.5 minutes this morning and then logged in here and saw yours 🥴 well done. I may have to settle for a personal best this week 🤥
    By the way, more general update: I was down to 302.2 lbs this morning, but then we decided to have Taco Bell for lunch. I’m just praying that my workouts plus maybe a tiny dinner tonight will let me have a good weigh in tomorrow 🤞I’m so dang close to the 200s!
    Speaking of workouts I’ve actually had a 3+ mile walk/jog every day this week (6/5!), so I’m well on my way to exceed my 5 a week goal. But I’ve gotta say it’s hard! Especially the jogging in this heat 🥵
This discussion has been closed.