• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,597 Member
    Options
    kyfrancik wrote: »
    Kyfrancik
    Monday
    PW 191.2
    CW 191.0
    More or less the same even though I exercised a ton. A little frustrating but I have to remember I’ve lost 9 pounds in less than a month.

It’s still a loss! You are doing amazing!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mellane30 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone! So, I stayed pretty much the same which really isn't surprising given that I just weighed in on Friday.
    I do, however, have a review I'd like to share with you.
    I bit the bullet (because my Garmin died and I had had it for 5 years) and bought a FitBit Versa 11. I was skeptical only because I was so used to my Garmin. I have to say, after a week of having it, I LOVE IT! I have upped my step count considerably because it reminds me to get up during the day. It's very good to have for my work days because I just sit...all...day ... long. It also has some other apps that have been very helpful. For example, I have a puppy on my home screen. If I don't walk, he doesn't get fed and then he'll leave. It's stupid but it motivates me. The design of the watch is very nice and comfortable and it tracks sleep. Apparently, I don't sleep very well which would explain why I'm so tired all the time. So we bought a new mattress and I'm working on winding down at least an hour before bed time.
    ALSO! I connected with my older sister who lives in Lake Havasu and there is a contest thing you can do against your friends. The one we're doing is called "The Workweek Hustle" and it's just a friendly competition to see who can get the most steps in during the work week. I am very competitive and it is working great.
    I hope everyone in Fitnesspal land is doing well.
    I am still going to try and achieve my goal of posting something every day. I have to set an alarm, though, cause I just forget.

Username: Mellane30
    Weighin Week: 05/18/2020
    Weighin Day: Monday
    Previous weight: 211
    Current weight: 211.2

Now I want a Fitbit Versa. I have the ionic but it doesn’t have the puppy. That would motivate me to move more as I like little things like that.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ndjth354d1e5.png
    Overdue
    @dness1203
    @lisasolo149
    @dabbers18

Tuesday’s Weigh in’s
    @panda4153
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 37 minute walk
    Water: ✅

Steps 5/19 6,570

My walk got rained out yesterday. I got 2.98 km in before I had to give up. I don’t know if I will get out today as I am not feeling the greatest. I am heading back to bed and if I feel better later I will go for a walk.

Today’s goals
    1. Drink 8 cups of water
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Log all food accurately
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 252
    C. W. 257
    To be honest I'm just about done with this. I've tried so many food calculators to find my deficit. I am always hungry.
    Steps for 5/16 is 16561 I think.

Are you a fan of beans? I find that they are filling and keep me satisfied for longer than most veggies or carbs.

I do like beans. My family does not like me to have beans.
  • metonymicalinsanity
    metonymicalinsanity Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 252
    C. W. 257
    To be honest I'm just about done with this. I've tried so many food calculators to find my deficit. I am always hungry.

Are you a fan of beans? I find that they are filling and keep me satisfied for longer than most veggies or carbs.

Ha! I feel you (and your family!). I just had this delicious flatbread with beans (we used mashed white beans instead of garbanzo beans):
    https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/falafel-spiced-tomatoes-and-chickpeas-on-flatbread-56389870
    Although it was so tasty I had to eat multiple flatbreads so beware!

My update for today: the scale dropped a bit so I’ve lost most of the 3 lbs I gained over the previous two days. I also got out for a walk last night and felt ok with my hamstring. I did my planks this morning and I’m on track to do a lot more than my 60 minute goal for the month (44 minutes already). In June I think I’ll try for a 90 minute goal). I’m trying to hit the 200s either this week or next. Very doable I think.
  • mellane30
    mellane30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @metonymicalinsanity
    So, here's a part of my story. I was over 312lbs. and have been down to 229lbs.. I'm now 257lbs. The way I got down to 229 was I ate very little and exercised quite a bit. The time frame of gaining was really cold and wet winters. Then I play catch up during the warm months. Right about the time I can catch up its cold again. After a few years of going down this road it's a struggle to get motivated to do it again. I know physically it just takes a caloric deficit to lose weight without exercise. Exercise does help though. Currently I cannot find my deficit. Every calorie calculator I've tried says mine is just under 2100 for maintenance. Honestly, that amount causes weight gain. I'm just under 1800 right now and I'm hungry after each meal. I've tried keto with I. F. But then the hunger hits. I've had so many day ones. Guess what tomorrow is another day one.

I completely understand. I am going through the same thing. It's so frustrating and disheartening. However, you are still ahead of the game because you care about yourself and continue trying to improve. Honestly, that's all we can do as a human stuck in an environment made for our minds, not our bodies. Keep pushing. Keep trying new things. Make sure you enjoy life along the way. If there's anything I have learned in the last 20 years of struggling with my weight it's that I don't want to be so focused on my failures in that area that I forget to enjoy the wonderful family, friends, and experiences that I do have. You can do this. :smile: Take a deep breath and smile. It'll help.
  • mellane30
    mellane30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,
    I changed some things last night to try to get more quality sleep and so far it seems to have been beneficial. My goal for the next 4 weeks is to turn this into a habit.

Things I did that seemed to help -
    -Left my phone in my office and got off all electronics by 9pm.
    -Went for an evening walk. Not a long one but the weather was beautiful
    -Ate my dinner at the table with my family and earlier in the day. I think we ate at 6pm.
    -was in bed by 10:30

These things seem to help me sleep. I felt more awake this morning. Old habits die hard, that's for sure. I reached my phone (that wasn't there) probably 10 times. I didn't realize how much I looked at it in bed.
    I didn't wake up until almost 8 am! That never happens. I was late for work but tbh, it was worth it.
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Steps for...
    Tuesday, May 12: 11,264
    Wednesday, May 13: 4,573
    Thursday, May 14: 2,946
    Friday, May 15: 4,875
    Saturday, May 16: 8,648
    Sunday, May 17: 7,698
    Monday, May 18: 4,315

I have to get back to waking up early and going out for a 2-3 mile walk before I start working!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 5/18: 10,097
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »
    I have to get back to waking up early and going out for a 2-3 mile walk before I start working!

Me too!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Team, I am really sorry I haven’t been in the past couple of days. I promise I will check in soon. Been busy with appointments and meetings related to the selling of our house and our new construction. I will get the steps updated tomorrow and will post last weeks results 😘
  • dness1203
    dness1203 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Last week 297.5
    This week 298.9
    Not what I wanted to see but I know where I went wrong.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 252
    C. W. 257

Ha! I feel you (and your family!). I just had this delicious flatbread with beans (we used mashed white beans instead of garbanzo beans):
    https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/falafel-spiced-tomatoes-and-chickpeas-on-flatbread-56389870
    Although it was so tasty I had to eat multiple flatbreads so beware!

My update for today: the scale dropped a bit so I’ve lost most of the 3 lbs I gained over the previous two days. I also got out for a walk last night and felt ok with my hamstring. I did my planks this morning and I’m on track to do a lot more than my 60 minute goal for the month (44 minutes already). In June I think I’ll try for a 90 minute goal). I’m trying to hit the 200s either this week or next. Very doable I think.

That recipe sounds delicious! Well done on the planks and walking. I think it is great you are challenging yourself.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »
    Steps for...
    Tuesday, May 12: 11,264
    Wednesday, May 13: 4,573
    Thursday, May 14: 2,946
    Friday, May 15: 4,875
    Saturday, May 16: 8,648
    Sunday, May 17: 7,698
    Monday, May 18: 4,315

I remember those days of trying to get exercise in before work. It is tough and I admire you for trying. It is easy for me as I am retired.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Team, I am really sorry I haven’t been in the past couple of days. I promise I will check in soon. Been busy with appointments and meetings related to the selling of our house and our new construction. I will get the steps updated tomorrow and will post last weeks results 😘

You must be crazy busy! It must be an exciting time also. If you need me to do the steps let me know.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    dness1203 wrote: »
    Last week 297.5
    This week 298.9
    Not what I wanted to see but I know where I went wrong.

We are going to have ups and downs with our weight loss journey. You are doing amazing so I am sure you got this.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mellane30 wrote: »
    Good Morning everyone,
    I changed some things last night to try to get more quality sleep and so far it seems to have been beneficial. My goal for the next 4 weeks is to turn this into a habit.

Things I did that seemed to help -
    -Left my phone in my office and got off all electronics by 9pm.
    -Went for an evening walk. Not a long one but the weather was beautiful
    -Ate my dinner at the table with my family and earlier in the day. I think we ate at 6pm.
    -was in bed by 10:30

These things seem to help me sleep. I felt more awake this morning. Old habits die hard, that's for sure. I reached my phone (that wasn't there) probably 10 times. I didn't realize how much I looked at it in bed.
    I didn't wake up until almost 8 am! That never happens. I was late for work but tbh, it was worth it.

That’s great sleep hygiene you have put in place. I glad you had a much better sleep!
This discussion has been closed.