DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,095 Member
    Options
    All right you crazy jump roping wonderful people! Another new person is coming your way - welcome @dymphnadaniels . They will be here or on the June thread for an intro.

If you have not yet linked to the June thread to put in your own intro, here it is!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10798305/downsizers-team-chat-june-2020#latest
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    5/28 - 8656
    5/29 - 16503
    I just saw the jump rope challenge. Literally I dug out my jump rope the other day. To share a bit, I watched a health show years ago. The guest said if a person jumped rope 10 minutes a day it would be all the exercise you would need.

Goals?
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    To clarify, it would be 10 minutes non-stop. I would like to get there. Whew
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    All right you crazy jump roping wonderful people! Another new person is coming your way - welcome @dymphnadaniels . They will be here or on the June thread for an intro.

If you have not yet linked to the June thread to put in your own intro, here it is!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10798305/downsizers-team-chat-june-2020#latest

Welcome @dymphnadaniels to the team!
  • metonymicalinsanity
    metonymicalinsanity Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »

Yeah I believe it. 10 minutes straight!?! I can squeeze in maybe 30 seconds at a time. Ouch.
    Well so far @888Angie888 is leading 6 minutes to my 4.5 minutes (I did 3.5 ugly minutes of jumping today). I’ll tally everyone up on Thursday of next week so let me know your totals (and longest single uninterrupted session) by then! Here’s who I have in the challenge (starting now or in June):
    @metonymicalinsanity
    @888Angie888
    @mari_moulin
    @Piqueaboo
    @19shmoo69

• Murphyi150
    Murphyi150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    May 29. 8956 steps.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

Thank you Liselyn! And Welcome to the team @dymphnadaniels!!
    5/28 - 8656
    5/29 - 16503
    I just saw the jump rope challenge. Literally I dug out my jump rope the other day. To share a bit, I watched a health show years ago. The guest said if a person jumped rope 10 minutes a day it would be all the exercise you would need.

Goals?

Got your steps in! That sounds interesting. I’m joined the challenge but have yet to have my first round. I’ll get to it today as I have a less busy day with chores and errands. I doubt I’ll even get a full minute in.

Yea I dunno about 10 minutes straight lol.

Yeah I believe it. 10 minutes straight!?! I can squeeze in maybe 30 seconds at a time. Ouch.
    Well so far @888Angie888 is leading 6 minutes to my 4.5 minutes (I did 3.5 ugly minutes of jumping today). I’ll tally everyone up on Thursday of next week so let me know your totals (and longest single uninterrupted session) by then! Here’s who I have in the challenge (starting now or in June):
    @metonymicalinsanity
    @888Angie888
    @mari_moulin
    @Piqueaboo
    @19shmoo69

Sorry I have yet to get started on the challenge. I promise I’ll get to it at some point. Fingers crossed today!
    Murphyi150 wrote: »
    May 29. 8956 steps.

Gotcha!

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Steps 5/28: 16,696

Off to jump rope. My legs are soooo sore today, but still going to go for at least two minutes.
    Oh...Happy Friday!!!

Great job with your jump rope minutes! Very impressive! 💪🏻 hope you had a lovely friday!
    Steps 5/28: 16,696

Off to jump rope. My legs are soooo sore today, but still going to go for at least two minutes.

Happy Friday. But you’re killing me with these jump ropes! I struggled through 2.5 minutes this morning and then logged in here and saw yours 🥴 well done. I may have to settle for a personal best this week 🤥
    By the way, more general update: I was down to 302.2 lbs this morning, but then we decided to have Taco Bell for lunch. I’m just praying that my workouts plus maybe a tiny dinner tonight will let me have a good weigh in tomorrow 🤞I’m so dang close to the 200s!
    Speaking of workouts I’ve actually had a 3+ mile walk/jog every day this week (6/5!), so I’m well on my way to exceed my 5 a week goal. But I’ve gotta say it’s hard! Especially the jogging in this heat 🥵

Fingers crossed for your weigh in tomorrow. If you aren’t in the 200’s this week I am positive you will be next week! You’ve been doing great! Great job on your walks and your jump rope. I always go out super early in the morning to avoid getting out in the heat. I can’t job when it’s too hot and humid. I always feel like I’m going to pass out.
  • mari_moulin
    Options

@metonymicalinsanity
    @888Angie888
    @mari_moulin
    @Piqueaboo
    @19shmoo69

Alright. To start off with today... after my run I came home and did 4x 30 secs. So 2 minutes down for me. My legs are wobbly from my run so will do more this afternoon.

uaym8e093pct.jpeg
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    I did it!!! 100/100km for May goal achieved!! 🎉🥳😁.

exercise.png
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Weigh-in:
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh-in week: 4
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 189.8
    Current weight: 188

Check-In: Friday, May 29

•Log all food: No ❌
    •Under Calories: No ❌
    •Exercise: 5K run ✔️
    •Water: 1 L ❌
    •Steps: 17,454 ✔️

Well I’m a bit down for the week but up for the month 😔. Ah well. On the bright side, I’ve got far more important wins this month!
    Today I completed my 100K runs in May! I did it!! I’m also proud that I finally started doing the jump rope challenge and I’m back to doing my Zumba 3 times a week. Also.....my gym opens up again this coming Tuesday!! Woop woop!

Good news on the house shenanigans. we’ve got a buyer!!! Next week we sign an agreement and move forward from there with their financing etc etc. This means no more visits unless their bank falls through and we have to put it back on the market. What a weight off of our shoulders. I will continue to stay busy getting rid of stuff here at home but at least there is no more stressing about keeping the house perfect for views.

Today I’ve done my 5 k run + jumping jacks and now I’m headed out to run a few errands before I have to go to Zumba class. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

May goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.
  • dymphnadaniels
    dymphnadaniels Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome, @mari_moulin ! I gave a brief intro on the June thread but will toss it out here as well.

I'm 42. I live alone with my cat. I deal with mental illness that has meant being put on medications that induce rapid, severe, weight gain. I lost a lot of weight last year, but was then placed on olanzapine and gained almost everything back. I aim to not just lose weight but to get fitter. My main goal this year is to become a stronger me. I want to become a runner, no access to a track and too hot to train outside rn. I enjoy doing fitness activities that make it fun or interesting at least. Well that's enough for now.

Take care everyone and look forward to seeing you all next month!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome, @mari_moulin ! I gave a brief intro on the June thread but will toss it out here as well.

I'm 42. I live alone with my cat. I deal with mental illness that has meant being put on medications that induce rapid, severe, weight gain. I lost a lot of weight last year, but was then placed on olanzapine and gained almost everything back. I aim to not just lose weight but to get fitter. My main goal this year is to become a stronger me. I want to become a runner, no access to a track and too hot to train outside rn. I enjoy doing fitness activities that make it fun or interesting at least. Well that's enough for now.

Welcome again!! We will all be joining you in the June thread tomorrow but I’m glad to have seen your post in here as well. I’ve only recently become a “runner” myself. I was always to heavy for it and It’s now become a passion for me. I absolutely love it. I always get out very early so I can beat the heat. I also try to do as much as I can with workouts and fitness activities. Being stronger is one of my main goals. As soon as my gym opens up again I’m gonna be back to strength training 💪🏻.
  • mari_moulin
    edited May 2020
    Options
    r1xs9mwtef50.jpeg

JUNE STEP CHALLENGE

Hello Downsizers!! Our June Step Challenge will be starting tomorrow, Sunday May 31st through Saturday June 27th!

Our goal is to keep ourselves moving 🚶🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️. We have no excuses!! We can find so many different walking/workout videos on YouTube. Many of us can get ourselves outdoors for walks or runs and others have backyards they can use to get those steps in. Or simply move that coffee table out the way and walk in place while watching your favorite movie or TV show.

Our challenge this month is to get our 10,000 steps in daily OR make it our goal to reach by the end of the month! Those of us who are already at 10,000 steps daily let’s set ourselves bigger goals. Let’s see if we can beat our TOTAL last month as a team! Every step counts!!

5ubvfhc1aoxc.png

hacp7mvhx660.png

To join the step challenge, just post your daily step pledge here. Then post your steps DAILY so I can keep a tally. Let’s go steppers!!

ktq96mx3ycfx.png

• Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Steps:
    • Sunday, May 24: 15 249
    • Monday, May 25: 9 268
    • Tuesday, May 26: 7 285
    • Wednesday, May 27: 10 946
    • Thursday, May 28: 7 981
    • Friday, May 29: 17 379
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

@metonymicalinsanity
    @888Angie888
    @mari_moulin
    @Piqueaboo
    @19shmoo69

Great job on the jumping! Thanks for putting such a great challenge out there.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day -- Saturday, May 30, 2020

SW - 308.6
    LW - 292.1
    CW - 291.2

It's been difficult to get my "healthy" head back on straight. But, at least I'm back on a downward trend!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I did it!!! 100/100km for May goal achieved!! 🎉🥳😁.

exercise.png

Well done Mari! You are such an inspiration!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weigh-in:
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh-in week: 4
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 189.8
    Current weight: 188

Check-In: Friday, May 29

•Log all food: No ❌
    •Under Calories: No ❌
    •Exercise: 5K run ✔️
    •Water: 1 L ❌
    •Steps: 17,454 ✔️

Well I’m a bit down for the week but up for the month 😔. Ah well. On the bright side, I’ve got far more important wins this month!
    Today I completed my 100K runs in May! I did it!! I’m also proud that I finally started doing the jump rope challenge and I’m back to doing my Zumba 3 times a week. Also.....my gym opens up again this coming Tuesday!! Woop woop!

Good news on the house shenanigans. we’ve got a buyer!!! Next week we sign an agreement and move forward from there with their financing etc etc. This means no more visits unless their bank falls through and we have to put it back on the market. What a weight off of our shoulders. I will continue to stay busy getting rid of stuff here at home but at least there is no more stressing about keeping the house perfect for views.

Today I’ve done my 5 k run + jumping jacks and now I’m headed out to run a few errands before I have to go to Zumba class. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

May goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.

Congrats on the loss! Those NSV are so important to look at. Awesome job! Glad you got a buyer!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Welcome to the team! I understand weight gain from medications. I just finally was able to stop the meds I was on after 10 months. I just pray I don’t have to go back on them. I love your goals and look forward to hearing from you in June.
This discussion has been closed.