MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Hi new peeps! I'm Beth; I live in central NC, USA and work permanent night shift as a 911 dispatcher. I hit a 25 lb loss but have put on between 5-7 pounds since the beginning of March and stalled. I just revised my calorie goals to reign it in. I def miss the gym and cannot wait till life returns to some sort of normal.

I'm going to work on meal planning for work and sticking to it. We're all trying to work on our fitness and health on my squad so it's nice to work around people with the same type of goals. We work 12 hour shifts. I do not eat after midnight so I'm doing some dirty IF. I want to work twds a clean IF but giving up my drinks sticks? I dunno :D

I take part in the habit tracker and hope other people join us there too!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Sunday check-in
    Exercise- seated arm cardio, yoga
    Calories- under, YAY! I did it! No binging for the first time in over a week! I wanted popcorn but I wanted to stay under and prove to myself I wasn't a complete lost cause at this point.
    Water- good

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Weights- pain increased so no
    Yoga/stretching- done
    Recipe- none, probably won't until air fryer comes this week. Any healthy air fryer potato recipes? I have a good 20 white potatoes from my farmer's market boxes though most are small. I usually just gather a bunch of herbs from my garden and chop them with some olive oil and additional seasonings and spoon over potatoes.
    Steps- 12,500 I'm guessing you all know by now they aren't actual steps but mostly arm cardio

Had a decent day overall, couldn't finish my workout but it's better than no workout so I'm happy. Got my Walmart pickup yesterday and a farmer's market box pickup today so I'm well-stocked and the fridge is full. It was supposed to be all easy-to-prepare like sandwiches or frozen food but I went down my list of what I normally eat and ordered all my produce which is way more healthy for me especially as I'm healing but it's not the easiest to prepare with elevated legs sitting on a couch without getting food everywhere. There's a 40lb box of litter in the trunk I can't physically move right now either, don't know about this brain of mine sometimes. I'll squat that bad boy again one of these days!
  • mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Username: mlhopp93
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW (5/30/20): 345.0
    Week 1 Check in weight (6/6):
    Week 2 Check in weight (6/13):
    Week 3 Check in weight (6/20):
    Week 4 Check in weight (6/27):

Another rough end to a month -- I just seem to lose control, faith, focus or whatever it is that propels me to lose all of my energy to do this the right way.

For June my goal is to use the habit tracking to make sure I'm getting in my water and my exercise. Just two little habits to track. Each day.

Thank you for continuing to post all of your stories, successes and struggles.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in- Sorry- late!
    Cornanda
    Final week of May
    PW: 189.1
    CW 189.3
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee from the May challenge - not sure, did you see this:
    raleighgirl09
    Week 4 weigh in Thursday (28May2020)
    Previous weight: 182.9
    Current weight: 185.1

Thanks so much for all of the work you do for our team and F2F......UHHHHHMAYYYYZINGGGGG!!!!!! =>

Sorry I missed it!!
  • kyfrancik
    kyfrancik Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    CW - 191.8
    PW - 191.0
    Time with family, driving 800 miles in one day last week, and not getting back with the program when I got home left me with a weight gain. Ugh! Time to get back in the straight and narrow with my eating habits. I have lost 9 pounds total since the end of April. I don’t want to get too discouraged.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Today is going to be a rough day for me but I am going to really work on my willpower to get my exercise in and to keep my calories under. My daughter’s high school graduation was Friday and we had a wonderful weekend celebrating her. Today, she and her brother go back to their apartment to get ready for summer sessions at college. Their leaving is hard enough, but last night we got word that my husband, who is in law enforcement, will most likely leave for riot control today. I have seen the news and seen pictures on social media of these “peaceful” riots. I am an emotional wreck right now.

06/01
    Check In : mrmcgrath
    Day 5/31
    Weigh in : week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 191.9
    Today’s weight: 194

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I have not made this recipe yet, but it is in my collection and sounds really good...it's a recipe for Thyme and Rosemary New Potatoes:

1 pound baby new potatoes
    1 tablespoon dried thyme
    1 tablespoon rosemary
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    Zest 1 lemon

Preheat the Air Fryer to 390 degrees.

Wash your potatoes and drain in a colander. Pat them dry with a paper towel.

In a medium mixing bowl, add the potatoes and olive oil and toss to coat all the potatoes. Then sprinkle herbs and toss again.

Place the seasoned potatoes into the basket, do not overcrowd and cook in batches for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.

While the potatoes are cooking, zest your lemon and set aside.

Remove the first batch and sprinkle half of the lemon zest on top. Then place into oven-safe container and cover to keep the potatoes hot. When the 2nd batch is done sprinkle with reaming lemon zest and add to the first batch and serve.

Hello everyone! I've been having trouble sleeping so my focus over the past few days and for the next week is going to be to get me to sleep better. Sleep is so important not only for our physical health but for our mental health. Last night, I slept slightly better, I got 7 hours 28 minutes, but the night before, only 4 hours 25 minutes. Not good enough. :( I'll keep trying. In other news, my husband and I are having a weird aversion to chicken right now, and this is after I planned (and bought a whole bunch of) a whole week of chicken dishes. It's weird how tastes change. I think we will eat vegetarianish for a while.

Sunday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under over
    Exercise: walk with the dog and husband
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: YouTube video or yoga, 52+ oz of water
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @mrmcgrath- Thanks for sharing that amazing spreadsheet. Will be thinking of you today with everything that is going on with your family. Will pray for your husband's safety and for some moments of peace for you also.
    @TeresaW1020- Nice loss!
    @trooworld- I think that recipe sounds yummy and since I don't have an air fryer, I might just try it in the oven. Hope you sleep better. Not sleeping is the pits!

Welcome to all new team members- glad to have you!

I am Lisa and I live in FL. I am married, with kids- 18 and 20- both will be out of the nest this fall. I have always struggled with my weight, but it's been more difficult as I get older. Even though I haven't been making much progress with my weight loss lately, I find that this group helps keep me connected to MFP and also helps me SO much when I want to give up. <3

• cherrymajoni
    cherrymajoni Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Cherry. Am 25 I have one little boy almost 2yr and ready to give him a sibling but I want to be in better health before this next pregnancy.

I have been doing intermittent fasting for 1 week and am really enjoying it as it goes very well with my life and schedule. I have also been doing small home workouts and skipping.

Am hoping by the end of month I'll be between 100kg - 95kg
  • deadpheonixrising
    deadpheonixrising Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    Can I change my weigh in day from Saturday to Monday?
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 200
    Todays Weight: 199
  • lexabeep
    lexabeep Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m going a do check in. My weight loss went very fast starting in April. I was loosing a few ounces daily to almost 2-4 lbs every week. I’m starting to plateau. I’m hoping a little team motivation and competition can help to jump start my weight loss again. I have set up sleep and water goals for each day. I have a new goal of getting my 10000 plus steps in a day. Diet is good and usually under calorie goals. This is my second time round using my fitness pal to loose weight. I did put some weight back on very slowly after a knee injury and then a international move. I was starting to slowly loose the weight plus have a big change is body comp with gym time with no dieting. When covid started I put on about four lbs. That pushed me over the edge and has really pushed me to loose that plus the extra I have gained since the knee injury. My short term goal is to loose 20 lbs, my longer term is get down to ideal body weight.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @lexabeep, you sound very motivated to reach your goals and that is fantastic! Keep up with your commitment and you will for sure make it happen! :)

@Jactop, wahhhooooo back in Onderland!! I know that makes you happy. :grin:

@deadpheonixrising, yes @broncobuddee with move your weigh-in day from Saturday to Monday.

@cerrymajoni, hi and welcome to the group! I’ve been doing IF for well over a year and love it! If I can be of any help please feel free to reach out. :)

@Cornanda, you know by now that we are NOT going to let you give up! The struggle is real but we are in it together. <3

@trooworld, mmm those Rosemary New Potatoes look good! I make something similar but haven’t ever used lemon zest on potatoes. I will try that for sure! Yeah, I agree that sleep is so important. Mine has improved so much since I started working out. :)

@mrmcgrath, ohhhh dear! I am so sorry that you are struggling with your kids leaving and will definitely keep your husband to my prayers. <3 One of my best friend’s husband is a policeman. I sure pray this whole thing will settle down for all concerned.

@kyfrancik, your gain wasn’t that bad and you had a lot going on. If I travel that kind of distance, I always retain a lot of fluid. Just drink a lot of water and get back on your plan. Next week will be awesome for you!

Hi everyone! I just completed my first 24 hours fast! There were times when it was hard, and I got so hungry but then it would pass. It wasn’t a perfect clean fast because I did end up having one cup of coffee with 2 measured tablespoons of half-n-half, but pretty darn good if I do say so myself. Plus, on top of the fasting, I did a killer weightlifting workout and went to Aldis and Sams Club for groceries. So, it was a good day! :grin:

June Goals: 6/1

1. Clean fast a minimum of 18 hrs a day. 24 hrs. 18 min
    2. Workout 30 minutes or more (housework counts) LIIFT4 bicep/back + core
    3. No sugar or afternoon snacking Nothing!
    4. Track all my points and don't go over my weeklies 26 points
    5. 96.oz of plain water 130 oz.
  • lcloopy
    lcloopy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So I see several of you guys are doing Weight Watchers...are you also doing the MFP food diary or just counting WW points through the WW app? I'm a lifetime WW member myself from many years ago and have regained the weight. I have always been a believer in WW though because I think it's healthy. I haven't done WW in several years, are you liking the system?
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    lcloopy wrote: »
    So I see several of you guys are doing Weight Watchers...are you also doing the MFP food diary or just counting WW points through the WW app? I'm a lifetime WW member myself from many years ago and have regained the weight. I have always been a believer in WW though because I think it's healthy. I haven't done WW in several years, are you liking the system?

I did WW in 2018 and lost 50 lbs. and then I quit when I started doing IF and Keto. At that point, I used MFP and other tracking devices. I went back to WW online a few months ago and now I just track on the app. I think it's good to double-track points and calories occasionally and especially if you are stalling. As you know Zero point foods aren't zero calories. :grin: I like the new program and that I can choose which one I want to do.

• mrmcgrath
    Options

06/02
    Check In : mrmcgrath
    Day 6/1
    Weigh in : week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 191.9
    Today’s weight: 192.6

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under?over
    Macros: little off
    Exercise:🚶🏻‍♀️💪🏻stretching

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    7554 steps. 7200 goal steps
    3.25 miles
    2437 burned calories
    36 active
    77 sleep score
    65 resting heart
    1562 calories consumed

Basic Goals
    Workout minutes:💪🏻🚴🏻‍♀️
    Complete food diary: 🥙
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 💦
    Stay below sugar goal: 🍌
    Meet fiber in range:👎🏼
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc.📚
    Breathing exercises:👎🏼
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours bed 🛌

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester soon
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

#FeelAlive

Today is a new day. Kids made it safely back to their new home and husband is still on standby for riot control. Today, I am in a better mindset if they do call him to go.

Today is a gym day and I am starting to incorporate more strength training into my weekly routine. For now, I will do cardio/flex 6-7 days week and strength 3 days.

I liked how @Katmary71 said she was re-evaluating her goals since we are half way through 2020. Today will be a day of reflection for me.

I wish you all a beautiful day!

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @Cornanda I'm sure you could make it in the oven just fine. :) Thanks re: sleep. I took a sleeping pill last night. I'm bipolar II so it's really important I get enough sleep because if I don't, it could trigger a hypomanic episode, so my doctor gives me sleeping pills to make sure I do get enough sleep. With the pill, I was able to sleep 7 hrs 23 mins, which is better but now I feel a bit groggy from the pill. Hopefully, with my morning coffee, it will wear off lol.

@cherrymajoni Hello and welcome! :)

@TeresaW1020 Maybe with consistent exercise, mine will too. Congrats on your first 24-hour fast! I really admire you for doing it. What a great day!

@Icloopy I'm just doing WW, not using the MFP food diary. I've done WW like 5 times in the past and I keep coming back to it because it's the only thing that works for me. I just come to the boards here to hang out lol. I count my points through WW. I love the new system, you have a choice between 3 plans and that works really well for me. So far since I rejoined WW on March 1st, I've lost 15.5 lbs.

Hi everyone! Yesterday, I had a really, really good day despite being groggy all day. I stayed under my points goal, drank all my water, and went for a nice walk at around a community lake that is about 13 minutes away from my house. I'm going to go back this morning. I will include a pic of the lake.

Monday
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under over
    Exercise: walk around the lake
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: walk around the lake, 52+ oz of water

uv9v84rvedln.jpg
  • mrmcgrath
    Options
    @trooworld beautiful place for a walk. It looks very peaceful.
This discussion has been closed.