01/01/2021 Goals

Replies

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Hellooooo @weatherking2019 , you are crushing this ! I particularly like your goal number 6 :smiley:
    It also made me realise that I forgot to post my March milestone; it completely got snowed under the Covid stuff. On Friday, I'll make my April milestone.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    Apart from the Monthly accountability thread, I would like to set in stone my goals for this year, and then check them off. Please, feel free to join.

My goals for this year are:

1. My highest weight for this year is what is was yesterday : 71.0
    2. Maintain around 69.xx
    3. Achieve the 100 pushup challenge from the toes (that's a biggie !)
    4. Get 400.000 steps; a daily 10.000 + some longer walks
    5. Ride 5.000 km (a good 3.100 miles) with my bike

First checkin for January:

1. first of all that was a typo, it should have said 72 :smiley: I've ended January below 71, so that's ok. Today is over but I assume that's just a fluke
    2. Not yet in the maintaining phase
    3. Yes, I've mastered week 2 - now starting week 3
    4. I'm on track - although there is a typo as well, as it should have been 4.000.000
    5. I've already done around 80km, which is more than planned for a winter month

February checkin:
    1. right on track, I'm 70.0 now
    2. Maintaining phase has started !
    3. Pfewww... it is difficult. I hope I've mastered week 2 now, starting week 3 tomorrow (again !)
    4. Right on track on this one.
    5. I should get started with riding to work this week, but the weather is still awfull, so I'll see.

All in all, pretty good progress :smiley:

April checkin (forgot March):

1. Ow boy, I've ducked this one by a feather: 71.9
    2. Maintaining phase has come and gone, I'm back to losing :-1:
    3. On hold for now, as I don't have the stamina to get to it
    4. I'm 72K steps behind due to the covid situation; I'm planning to get those next week when I will be on a staycation - time to spend on some stepping !
    5. No work to ride to just yet. As soon as my office opens up again, I'll ride that bike. I'm now at 105km

It's fair to say that Covid got to me in multiple ways: lower step count, no biking, no hiking and no diving. Summertime for me means having more room to drink a cocktail and eat a bit more as I'm also spending tons of calories on outdoor activities that aren't happening now. Although the sun is shining, I must get my eating habits into winter mode.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Fist day of JUNE! Wow! Already 6 months in!!!

#1 Get STRONGER and Fitter (keep up with workouts)
    I'm still keeping up with home exercising. It's been good. Still trying to figure out if I want to go back to OTF or not.

#2 RUN 500 miles/yr
    According to my Apple watch, I did 113 workouts in May! I have to add all the mileage but I'm happy.

#3 ENTER/Complete at least 4 races (with my son)
    Not sure about this goal. But now that's its summer, we plan on jogging together after work.

#4 ACHIEVE and Maintain 19% Body Fat
    I want to get it back to 19.0%.

#5 EAT and REST well
    I'm eating alright. Probably too well. Need to watch my portion as more backyard gathering happening.

#6 AGE gracefully...
    WIP :) Slathering SPF50 everyday.
  • Antiopelle
    Apart from the Monthly accountability thread, I would like to set in stone my goals for this year, and then check them off. Please, feel free to join.

2. Maintain around 69.xx

1. first of all that was a typo, it should have said 72 :smiley: I've ended January below 71, so that's ok. Today is over but I assume that's just a fluke
    4. I'm on track - although there is a typo as well, as it should have been 4.000.000

February checkin:
    3. Pfewww... it is difficult. I hope I've mastered week 2 now, starting week 3 tomorrow (again !)
    5. I should get started with riding to work this week, but the weather is still awfull, so I'll see.

4. I'm 72K steps behind due to the covid situation; I'm planning to get those next week when I will be on a staycation - time to spend on some stepping !
    5. No work to ride to just yet. As soon as my office opens up again, I'll ride that bike. I'm now at 105km

It's fair to say that Covid got to me in multiple ways: lower step count, no biking, no hiking and no diving. Summertime for me means having more room to drink a cocktail and eat a bit more as I'm also spending tons of calories on outdoor activities that aren't happening now. Although the sun is shining, I must get my eating habits into winter mode.

5 months have passed, here is where I stand with my goals:

1. 72.2 and it has been 72.9 - I blame Covid :wink: Luckily, I'm on the right track again.
    2. not there yet
    3. still on hold for now
    4. I'm 110.000 steps behind, which seems a lot, but I will participate in a fundraising walk end of July and that will swipe away that momentary loss
    5. Only 230km so far. Today is my first day bike2work ! Hope a lot more will follow :smile:

• weatherking2019
    July, here I come!

I'm back at OTF, going M-Th then the weekends. 6 days a week, baby!!

#2 RUN 500 miles/yr
    According to my Apple watch, I did 107 workouts in June! Bit down from last month because I am not doing burst workouts much... I should keep it going.

Not sure about this goal.

I want to get it back to 19.0%. Still working on it. It shot up to 21. So I'm going to focus on BF.

#5 EAT and REST well
    I'm eating alright. Probably too well. Need to watch my portion as more backyard gathering happening. Still the same. I am going to do a Reset 5 day soup diet after the holiday wkend.

#6 AGE gracefully...
    WIP :) Slathering SPF50 everyday.👍👍
  • Antiopelle
    edited August 2020

2. Maintain around 69.xx

February checkin:

1. 72.2 and it has been 72.9 - I blame Covid :wink: Luckily, I'm on the right track again.
    2. not there yet
    3. still on hold for now
    4. I'm 110.000 steps behind, which seems a lot, but I will participate in a fundraising walk end of July and that will swipe away that momentary loss
    5. Only 230km so far. Today is my first day bike2work ! Hope a lot more will follow :smile:

1. 73.5 - and what can I say. I'm not doing well weightwise and I need to figure out how to get rid of the funk I'm in.
    2. well, obviously not there
    3. not on hold anymore, just straight out the window. Since a month or so, I've been developing a frozen shoulder. I had one ten years ago and now it's back on the other side. If it develops at the same rate, I'm in for a 2 year ride :tired_face:
    4. I'm now 140.000 steps behind, but next week I'm starting a challenge with some familiy member to support a good cause, so I will amp up the stepping (and looking forward to it).
    5. 506 km. First there was bad weather, then there was Covid and now we had a week of heatwave followed by a week of stormy weather. So there is not much biking going on.

All in all, I'm still 3kg lighter than the same time last year and I need to get a grip. The 5.000km biking is not realistic anymore, nor is the pushup challenge. But I have no excuse for the stepping and the weight, so they will be my main goals for the coming months.

Well, antoher month has passed, and we are back in lockdown. This time it is called a "soft lockdown" as it doesn't apply to the whole country, only to the danger zone. Guess where I am living?

This means I'm working at home full time again, so no biking - which was already compromised by my frozen shoulder. Also no pushups because of that frigging shoulder. The therapy I got (cortisone injections) don't help as I expected and not only my range of motion is getting worse, also the pain is intensifying. I need to sweat it out.

But the worst part of the new lockdown: I'm also not allowed to go diving again as I have to cross a border I'm not allowed to. :tired_face::disappointed: This is the only activity I can still do without impacting my shoulder, but the law has decided otherwise. Now, I get it, it is for the greater good, but boy I'm *kitten*.

I amped up my stepping during the last week, but I got miserable low steps in the weeks before, ending at 190K short. I'm still convinced that I will meet this goal by the end of the year though.

In short:

1. 73.0, which is sligtly better than last month
    2. I'm maintaining very well, only not at my goal weight :(
    3. Not a goal anymore
    4. Getting behind, but determined to get it back
    5. Not a goal anymore
  • weatherking2019
    @Antiopelle , that's tough!!! Sorry about the lock down and of course your shoulder!
    Is there a physical therapy that you can do? Being in pain really sucks. Hope it get's better.

So August... I can't believe it's already August! I'm getting married next August and I haven't done anything! I need to get my S_IT together.

OTF, going 5x a week. Still keeping up as much as I can.

#2 RUN 500 miles/yr
    According to my Apple watch, I did 64 workouts in July. It's way down from last month as I am back in office. No wonder I'm not seeing progress.

Not happening.

I want to get it back to 19.0%. Still working on it. It shot up to 21. So I'm going to focus on BF.

#5 EAT and REST well
    I'm eating alright. Probably too well. Need to watch my portion as more backyard gathering happening. Still the same.

#6 AGE gracefully...
    WIP:)Slathering SPF50 everyday.👍👍

My main goal is get the BF down. I want a lean, toned back. I am happy with my arms and shoulder. So focusing on back and mid section. Pics to come😉
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    @Antiopelle, if you can't dive, at least can you swim (lake, river, ocean, pool??) When I was a physio rehab professional we did a lot of rehab in the water, depending on where you live, you might have access to water of some kind, no?
  • Antiopelle
    Thanks for the support @weatherking2019 and @canadjineh. Unfortunately, this is the second time I have a frozen shoulder and I know the drill by now. I'm in phase one at the moment: the hurtful phase where you basically have to sweat it out through the pain, before it subsides and I can start with physical therapy. This phase usually last up to 6 months, so I'm almost there (I hope).
    And no, unfortunately, there is no body of water nearby that I can use for swimming, but thanks for thinking with me :smiley:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Yesss, frozen shoulder sux big time! I am helping my hubby work on his since he's been in a sling for a while with arm surgery. Now we're in the phun-physio part, lol.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    edited August 2020
    Since there are no predictions for how the rest of 2020 will go, I'm going to stick to things I am fairly certain I would be able to stick with, and are priorities right now. They aren't typical fitness/health goals, but important for me overall.

Work:
    1. Recover from the past year of gaslighting/bullying/etc I dealt with.
    2. Continue to seek and apply to permanent positions that will further my career goals.
    3. Improve some of the processes while I'm in my temporary role over the summer/fall
    4. Work the side hustle(s) so they could potentially fill a financial gap if needed this winter.

Health:
    1. Increase activity as my mental recovery progresses.
    2. By 2021, be back to daily physical activity/workouts.
    3. Go out of 2020 at a lower weight than I came into it (despite the pandemic weight lol)
    4. Continue to expand my cooking knowledge and abilities.

Life:
    1. Get my finances where I can get approved to purchase a home before my job changes and/or my lease is up.
    2. Get fully settled into GA (still haven't done some of the "moving" stuff due to covid complications)
    3. Get out and enjoy this area that I love so much - meet people - turn some of them into friends - build my circle again that I lost when I left CA back in early 2019 (there was a almost 1-year "stop" in TX before I bailed on that state and came here).
  • tracimckinney
    tracimckinney Posts: 79 Member
    @HoneyBadger155 Welcome back to Georgia! I'm in Athens. I just bought a house in June, the prices are crazy high here right now.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    @HoneyBadger155 Welcome back to Georgia! I'm in Athens. I just bought a house in June, the prices are crazy high here right now.

Hahahaha, after being in CA since 2006, to me, prices seem CHEAP hahaha - perspective can really alter one's opinions! But prices are starting to drop a little bit - been looking for a month or so now, watching prices the past couple months, and they seem to be dropping, at least in what I'm looking for.
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Goals for the rest of 2020.

1. Exercise/Move my body 30mins per day every day.
    2. Reach goal weight of 130lbs and maintain
    3. Stick to pescatarian lifestyle.
    4. Make a financial plan/budget to start getting out of debt.

I want to start 2021 in the best way possible, mentally and physically.
  • Antiopelle
    edited September 2020

2. Maintain around 69.xx

February checkin:

2. not there yet
    3. still on hold for now

1. 73.5 - and what can I say. I'm not doing well weightwise and I need to figure out how to get rid of the funk I'm in.
    2. well, obviously not there
    3. not on hold anymore, just straight out the window. Since a month or so, I've been developing a frozen shoulder. I had one ten years ago and now it's back on the other side. If it develops at the same rate, I'm in for a 2 year ride :tired_face:
    4. I'm now 140.000 steps behind, but next week I'm starting a challenge with some familiy member to support a good cause, so I will amp up the stepping (and looking forward to it).
    5. 506 km. First there was bad weather, then there was Covid and now we had a week of heatwave followed by a week of stormy weather. So there is not much biking going on.

All in all, I'm still 3kg lighter than the same time last year and I need to get a grip. The 5.000km biking is not realistic anymore, nor is the pushup challenge. But I have no excuse for the stepping and the weight, so they will be my main goals for the coming months.

Well, antoher month has passed, and we are back in lockdown. This time it is called a "soft lockdown" as it doesn't apply to the whole country, only to the danger zone. Guess where I am living?

This means I'm working at home full time again, so no biking - which was already compromised by my frozen shoulder. Also no pushups because of that frigging shoulder. The therapy I got (cortisone injections) don't help as I expected and not only my range of motion is getting worse, also the pain is intensifying. I need to sweat it out.

But the worst part of the new lockdown: I'm also not allowed to go diving again as I have to cross a border I'm not allowed to. :tired_face::disappointed: This is the only activity I can still do without impacting my shoulder, but the law has decided otherwise. Now, I get it, it is for the greater good, but boy I'm *kitten*.

I amped up my stepping during the last week, but I got miserable low steps in the weeks before, ending at 190K short. I'm still convinced that I will meet this goal by the end of the year though.

In short:

1. 73.0, which is sligtly better than last month
    2. I'm maintaining very well, only not at my goal weight :(
    3. Not a goal anymore
    4. Getting behind, but determined to get it back
    5. Not a goal anymore

The combo frozen shoulder which is continuous pain, and lockdown (still wfh full time) has had me to reconsider my goals for the last and coming months.

1. 74.0 - I realise that I cannot depend on cal expenditure to have my usual extra snacks and dinners out, as I'm hardly moving. So the coming month, it is full focus on restoring eating habits.
    2. not applicable at this stage
    3. Hopefully I can start somewhere next year
    4. I'm now 350K behind and I don't think I will be able to amp up the stepping as this also hurts
    5. As with the pushups, hopefully better next year

• weatherking2019
    @Antiopelle Don't be too hard on yourself. It's a difficult time to begin with and now you're dealing with Pain!! Maybe the focus is to "Heal". Taking a step back and mend yourself inside out.
    Take care, you will get back to it stronger next year!!
  • Antiopelle
    Thanks @weatherking2019 , I think I needed to hear this. If I could, I would hug you :wink:
  • weatherking2019
    So Skipped September... I can't believe 2020 is almost over! I'm on FMLA since September and I’m loving it. I don’t miss my work at all. I will start working as a buyer to get our new house fitted. It’s currently being completely renovated. Plumbing going in, gas line pulled in, stairs made etc.
    coming from Art background, this is fun for me!

Anyway, for October:

OTF, going 5x a week. Still keeping up as much as I can. I added yoga once a week.

#2 RUN 500 miles/yr
    According to my Apple watch, I did 81 workouts in September! That’s because I been going OTF every morning. I love the way I feel getting workout in the morning.

I did a DriTri at the studio. I came in 2nd place in my age group! 48min 46sec. I’m super happy about this.

I want to get it back to 19.0%. Still working on it. It shot up to 21. So I'm going to focus on BF. It’s still the case.

#5 EAT and REST well
    I signed up for NOOM as they have a trial for a week. Will see if it helps. The calorie intake they gave me seems very low@ 1100.
  • Antiopelle
    You are doing great @weatherking2019 !
    And indeed, we are in the last quarter of 2020, unbelievable!

You are right that 1100 is too low, certainly when you are so active, watch out with that.