WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,193 Member
    Options
    Last message for tonight -
    For those of you who would like to count steps and/or exercise and receive beautiful virtual kudos each week, here is a bit about how it works for the combination of exercise and steps:

Today I did 20 minutes of Pilates and (so far) 12,414 steps. According to some wonderful charts I have found, we are giving Pilates 100 steps per minute. The Pilates = 2,000 steps, so the total for the day is 14,414.

Many forms of exercise are on these wonderful "translation" charts, so if you do circuit training, canoeing, whatever - we can find an equivalent in steps. It is a fun way to count more than just daily steps if you are into other forms of workout. Let us know! @micki48 and I both work on the tracking for and with you. One of these days we'll have it down pat!

So post about those minutes of exercise, and we'll make you look great :smiley: (as if you didn't already)
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Steps: 4,500
    What an odd day. The weather in VT wasn’t much better than in Canada. Chilly, gusty, cloudy, some sunshine, then rain, then...well, you get the idea. I felt slightly hung over from a sneak-attack last night from a migraine. It came out of the blue after my shower.
    Well, things got better after most of the day was done. Time for a good sleep.
    I’m really glad that you’re in my life. Take good care of yourselves! See you tomorrow.
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

Still 2 Sunday weigh-ins due:
    @deniners2

@jugar I thought I'm supposed to be Fridays.
  • unevano
    unevano Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Update on my Goals:
    last weeks goals from 5am on 5/25/2020 to 5am on 6/1/2020 score is done 1-7
    **7** 1) Keep my GKI number in the range of 1-5
    **7** 2) My weight goals: 220
    ** 7** 3) Eating Goal - Track my calories, fats, total carbs, protein, fiber, trans-fats. Figure net carbs per day.
    **1** 4) My water intake to be 64 fl. oz. or more.
    **7** 5) Exercise goals: work hard in the yard to where I am breathing hard, sweating and having to take a rest periodically to catch my breath so to speak. Do this at least 3 times this week for a duration of about 2 hours or longer.
    **7** 6) Directed Meditation for 15 minutes 2 times per day or longer.
    **6** 7) Celebrate my wins with activities that I love doing rather than food.
    **1** 8) Learn how to make fat bombs and make at least 1 batch this week.
    **1** 9) Learn to make keto crackers and make at least 1 batch this week.
    Commentary on how I did: Avg score is **4.9** which I am happy with. On the goals I scored a 1 on are the goals I basically didn’t focus on or I could have done them. That tells me that to me, they should not be a goal as I just don’t care about them so I will be dropping those goals for this coming week.

Goals.
    This weeks goals from 5am on 6/1/2020 to 5am on 6/8/2020
    1) Keep my GKI number in the range of 1-5
    2) My weight goals: 218
    3) Eating Goal - Track my calories, fats, total carbs, protein, fiber, trans-fats. Figure net carbs per day.
    4) Exercise goals: work hard in the yard to where I am breathing hard, sweating and having to take a rest periodically to catch my breath so to speak. Do this at least 3 times this week for a duration of about 2 hours or longer.
    5) Directed Meditation for 15 minutes 2 times per day or longer.
    6) Celebrate my wins with activities that I love doing rather than food.
    7) go to bed by before 4 am every day this week.

Below are my long range goals, most of which are coming due in a few weeks. Yikes! I haven’t made any progress on my sleeping goal so I have set an achievable goal this week for sleep to me. The other 3 long range goals on track to being met as of right now.

Long term goals:
    1) Weight goal for Monday, January 18, 2021 is to weigh 154 pounds.
    2) Sleeping goal - By June 18, 2020 I wake up each day at 5 am after getting at least 4 hours of sleep feeling refreshed, excited to experience the coming day, and with a definite purpose to fulfill.
    3) By June 18th, 2020 I get 30 minutes of strenuous activity average per day as defined in #4 of this weeks goal.
    4) By June 18th, 2020 I do directed meditation at least 2 times per day for 15 minutes or longer.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday folks!

Exercise & step update for Sunday and Monday:

Sunday - rest day, 3780 steps
    Monday - 20 minute HIIT session, 7986 steps

Stay awesome!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Okay so I am so sunburned it is not even funny... So I am taking this week off official exercise, my body just hurts.. If it feels better I will exercise, but right now, I am moving as little as possible... LOL

Anyway, camping was fun aside from the sunburn, we did not make it the 5 miles around the lake, my poor old puppers couldn't do it. He is only 3 years old, but he has hip dysplasia (was diagnosed when he was 1) - anyway, he swam for a while before the hike, then about a 1/4 of a way through you could see him walking funny, so we took a break, I rubbed his hip, then limped our way back to the beach, where the kayaks were, so we took turns kayaking /hanging out with the pups.. The weather was perfect.. It was nice to be away..

Anyway, I didn't eat horrible, but I didn't eat great, so I mighta undone some of my nice loss last week, so I've got to work extra hard the rest of the week.

My Steps are
    5/29 = 13051
    5/30 = 14039
    5/31= 9168
    6/1 = 3956

• jugar
    Options
    deniners2 wrote: »
    jugar wrote: »

Still 2 Sunday weigh-ins due:
    @deniners2

@jugar I thought I'm supposed to be Fridays.
    Dang. The turnover from month to month caught me. I'll fix it now!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, everyone - in spite of the craziness and upsetting news, I hope we can find our little oasis of warmth and support here. Little communities like this one are needed more than ever, and my heart goes out to all of you who are living with so much uncertainty.

In the "what we can control" department - WTG on those Sunday and Monday weigh-ins! Check these numbers:

Out of 7 weigh-ins, these 6 are green! And not just a little! That's 13.7 pounds.

Now you need to get rid of your redness, @Gidgitgoescrazy ! Sunburn is horrible. I burned the tops of my feet last week working in the garden and that is bad enough - but a huge general sunburn is SO painful. Keep cool, and rest indeed. And maybe stock up on SPF 100 sunscreen :wink:

Congrats on finishing your exams Esther @Alexsandramorff ! That cannot have been easy. My sister finished her exams recently too - and I think you are both brilliant. I love it that we have 2 pairs of sisters on the team. We can encourage (and tease) each other into getting this health thing together, right? Your walking, drinking water, tracking, and taking the time to reflect are all going to help. :heart:

@unevano - you're such a fabulous data geek! I gotta ask, though - what is the significance of January (and June) 18th? If any. I'm curious because Jan 18 is my birthday and I wonder if it is also an important date for you. No matter if it is or isn't - next January we can celebrate you're arriving at goal and my 67th birthday at the same time!

@YinxFed - Go! It is good to see your exercise routine back on the feed! I'll give you all those lovely step points :smiley: 20 minutes is equivalent to 178 steps per minute, so you get 3560 steps added to your 7896. That was a beautiful Monday!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    deniners2 wrote: »
    I suppose if I set a goal with this group, I might feel accountable...
    ** I will plan to be 145 by the end of June. Then we'll see if I can maintain. **

Whew! That was a lot of words for me!
    Thanks for sharing your story.
    You can do this!!

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    My eating was not great yesterday. I was really busy, missed lunch and definitely made up the calories with quick junk later on. Today, I starts the day with a long walk. I did 43 out of 55 minutes of my 80 Day Obsession. The baby was climbing all over me during the last 15 minutes. I had to turn it off. I did great with my eating, a little lower then usual to balance out yesterday. I hit my macros almost perfect. It's going to be a good week.
  • jugar
    Options
    Not to mention Heads UP for weigh-ins!

@MoStacy due today

Due Wednesday:
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527
    @fourathomej
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,264 Member
    Options
    @jugar Wasn't sure what happened but was mentioned in June chat for EVERY team...lol
This discussion has been closed.