WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Good evening, everyone - or whatever it may be by you. I hope those of you in Europe are sleeping like cats.

...I have felt a bit down today because my injured left glutes are very unhappy today and I decided to take it easy on long walking...

So sorry to hear about your pain and feeing down! Must’ve been in the same wavelength this weekend. Please do take it easier than you think necessary so your poor butt can heal.
    I know it seems endless-take time to smell those lovely floweez, especially the Lillies of the valley. They’re my fave.
    Be well, dear sis. Love you tons & tons.
    We’ll get to visit one of these days.

STEPS today: 8,345

(I hope these get to our Steps Goddess)

• CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Here are some of the lovely flowers right outside the house - everywhere else are violets, ferns, trilliums, and many other wonderful fragrant plants. I'm glad last week's heat is over!
    I can practically smell your lillies of the valley. Mmmmm. Mine are still just leaves.
    And I am very jealous of your trilliums. That was an aunt's nickname for me when I was little and we can't grow them out west. She had grown up in the east and they were one of her favourites as a child.

• unevano
    unevano Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi @jugar - January 18th was picked because it's your birthday. Also because I figured I could lose 2 pounds a week if I stayed focused and when I set the weight loss goal of 154 I put down a 1 pound loss on each Friday and Monday for a total of 2 pounds a week and did that until I reached my goal and that happened to be January 18th. But the main reason was so I could celebrate on your birthday. :) June 18th was picked because it was a month from when I set my monthly goal on May 18th. I wish I could have a much more interesting earth shaking reason but I don't but I imagine it is someone's birthday somewhere so I will celebrate someones birthday on June 18th too. You are welcome to celebrate with me on June 18th as well. Everyone is invited to celebrate someones birthday on June 18th. Let's make it a real shindig. Substitute the birthday cake and bubbly with whatever is on your diet that you enjoy the most. I think I will celebrate with keto waffles of my own recipe and strawberry infused water.

My 2 number challenge for today:
    GKI number needs to be less than 6 = It is 4.2
    exercise 1 hour. - I didn't do my exercises today but I still have 1 hour and 15 minutes left in the day and I will severely reprimand myself if I don't take the last hour of the day and do them. (not really, just kidding)

I didn't post my biometrics yesterday since I got really busy so I will post them now
    Here are my current bio-metrics 6/2/2020
    Weight 221
    Blood pressure 124/67 pulse 50 (I always take my blood pressure 4 times and use the average. Found out that the average I have been using is of the last 3 readings, not the average of the 4 readings. I will continue to take blood pressure and recording it the same way for consistency of data)
    Glucose 98 (I want this below 100)
    Ketones 1.3 (I want this above 1.0.)
    Glucose Ketone Index (GKI) 4.19 (I want this below 6 for weight loss)

Here are my previous Bio-metrics.
    5/25/2020
    Weight 224
    Blood pressure 126/70/ pulse 57 (I always take my blood pressure 4 times and use the average)
    Glucose 99 (I am very happy about this because last week it was 110 which is a pre-diabetic reading.)
    Ketones 1.1 (happy with this being above 1.0. Last week it was only .3)
    Glucose Ketone Index (GKI) 5.0 (I am in moderate ketosis which is good for weight loss)

5/18/2020
    age - 66
    weight 225.5
    blood pressure 125/68 pulse 62
    glucose - 110
    ketones .3
    glucose ketone index (GKI) - 20.37 (not in ketosis)

5/11/2020
    age - 65
    weight 225.5
    Blood Pressure 128/65 pulse 55
    blood glucose 99
    ketone level 1.0
    GKI 5.5 in ketosis

April 25th when my weight was 234.5:
    Blood pressure 144/72 pulse 68 (Average of 4 readings)
    Glucose 102
    ketone level was below .1
    GKI - >56.67 not in ketosis

• Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    So I blew it yesterday, the day started off pretty well, but I got home, and had a nutty bar, a Hershey bar, a bowl of broccoli salad, I made turkey quesadillas for dinner (they were yummy)... Oh and pistachios, I ate a big ole bowl of them too.... My steps for the day was a whopping 3,028

Today is a new day, I got up at 5.30am did my 2 miles, got ready for work, made my lunch, and I am here ready to stay on the path...

It's going to be in the 90's today, so no dog jog, but I will get on the treadmill...

I need to find a good resistance band schedule to follow 3 times a week, something I can print out and follow would be awesome, or a video would work too... I don't have a large variety of weights, but I do have resistance bands, so if you have any suggestions, please let me have em...

I think the balance of my week will be as follows:

Weds - 2 mile video, 45 min treadmill, 20 min yoga
    Thurs - 3 mile video, 30 min treadmill , 30 pilates
    Friday - 2 mile video, 45 min treadmill, 20 min yoga
    Saturday - 3 mile walk outside, move furniture, walk dogs
    Sunday - 4 mile walk outside, walk dogs, relax.....

Weather will be hot, humid & rainy until Saturday. Hubby wants to start running in the mornings on the weekends, so I will walk jog, but not run, I think I will even leave the doggos home for those walks, I can take them on shorter ones later in the day...

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,193 Member
    Options
    @jugar Wasn't sure what happened but was mentioned in June chat for EVERY team...lol

Because you were one of the awesome 12 people (out of 140!) who had four consecutive weeks in the Green! You, in a tiara, on your new deck, doing the happy dance. Yes!
  • jugar
    Options
    It's Wednesday! Rainy and indoory here today, but that is probably good. I have time to look for some very old scores (music) for a friend (I promised to find them days ago...), work on clearing out my daughter's old room to start its transformation in earnest, and set up my new cell phone which hopefully arrives in the mail today. For the first time in my many years of cell phone ownership, I dropped it on a rock last week and the screen cracked. It was getting really old anyhow, so good excuse to replace it. I hate setting up a new one, but at least I won't feel like I'm wasting a beautiful day to do it!

@unevano challenge accepted! We WILL all party on June 18th, and again in January. Or maybe more often! So everyone try to have all green weigh-ins to celebrate on the 18th, and good exercise numbers, and anything else your heart desires. We'll party.

@Gidgitgoescrazy - here is one collection that has some good resistance band exercises - https://greatist.com/fitness/resistance-band-exercises Don't skip the Russian twists whatever you do! I love the bands for travel or just when I don't feel like dragging out the weights. The mini bands are also really fun to shoot at people like a giant rubber band. They don't go very fast but it's fun anyhow. You could also use them as slingshots to shoot your pistachios and candy off into the nearest pond... Keep up the good work and the slip-up will slip into the past!

@CanadianGiraffe - I agree, the trilliums are the most amazing flowers around. It is a huge compliment that your aunt called you that! I try hard to encourage the wild flowers to inhabit the zone right around the house. I prefer the native flowers and ferns to any neat looking garden. We're really in the woods here, so a manicured garden looks wrong, but just letting the ferns and blackberries take over isn't so good either. The trilliums, jack-in-the-pulpit, bee balm, and lilies of the valley are here to stay, though.

Have a good one everybody!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    @Terytha I have been there with the depression but not a migraine for 4 days. Just hang in there - It will get better. I have recently started doing meditation. It has been very relaxing and refreshing. I found Dr Joe Dispenza on you tube and he has had interviews that explain a little bit of the science.
    It is hard, can't control others, just yourself. I have had to let go of a lot of stuff and work on the things I can control.
    Love the cat.
  • unevano
    Options
    @CanadianGiraffe That is awesome to be able to celebrate your husband's birthday on June 18th! I am looking forward to it and it gives me even more incentive to reach those goals that I set for myself and are due on June 18th so I can celebrate without reserve.
  • unevano
    Options
    @Stefbomb2020 Amazing transformation. Great accomplishment.
  • jugar
    Options
    unevano wrote: »
    I wish I could have a much more interesting earth shaking reason but I don't but I imagine it is someone's birthday somewhere so I will celebrate someones birthday on June 18th too. You are welcome to celebrate with me on June 18th as well. Everyone is invited to celebrate someones birthday on June 18th. Let's make it a real shindig. Substitute the birthday cake and bubbly with whatever is on your diet that you enjoy the most. I think I will celebrate with keto waffles of my own recipe and strawberry infused water.
    This is quite funny! My husband's birthday is June 18. So we''l be celebrating that day too!

Perfect! We will add it to the reasons to get silly that day.
This discussion has been closed.