DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    My weight for this week (and beginning weight for June) is: 171.3.

May ended up not being much of a loss on the scale, but my clothes have been fitting so much better. For June my goals are: Check in every day, drink less, and lose 5 pounds.

Hope you are all doing well!

NSV are so important! Great goals for the month and well done on your loss this week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »
    Username: missgyst
    Weigh-in Day: Wednesday
    Weigh-in week: 1
    Starting Weight: 229.0
    Previous weight: 219.4
    Current weight: 220.0

Ugh, my first week that I was up in weight! My goal is going to be to re-evaluate everything I've logged for the past week and see what changes I can make to get the ball rolling downhill again! :)

Steps for Tuesday, June 2: 11,085

You are not up a lot. Check your sodium intake and see if it is water weight.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Steps time!
    • Sunday, May 31: 13 293
    • Monday, June 1: 6 498
    • Tuesday, June 2: 11 225
    • Wednesday, June 3: 7 032

Jump Rope Challenge: Nothing yet. Sorry.
  • michelleywardell
    michelleywardell Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi. I need a bit of love. I have always a battle with the scale. No matter if I'm doing things good or less good, the scale goes up often with no reason whatsoever and that makes me super cranky and sad at the same time. I go day by day losing a little amount of grams a day and them bum! I go up. And this time is two days in a row.

Do you track your salt? Sometimes salt can cause you to go up. How much water do you drink a day?
    As women we all have a fluctuation of weight daily. I see me scale jump up and down daily. If you don't want to see it maybe just weigh 1 time a week, or average it. Water weight can really be a problem with us girls. 😉 it can Be discouraging but don't let it get you down. We all go through it and come out the other side happier.

I use a little tiny amount of salt. Sometimes I even forget to put salt to my food.
    And water.... I drink a lot!
    Thanks for your words

Do you eat packaged foods? Those can have a lot of salt. You would be amazed. If you prepare all fresh foods it will help witb salt intake?
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    6/3- 18003 steps
    10 minutes jumping rope
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Steps for Wednesday, June 3: 8,666
  • irunforfun2
    irunforfun2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Steps for Thursday June 4 11,090. Went over calories by 207. :/
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hi. I need a bit of love. I have always a battle with the scale. No matter if I'm doing things good or less good, the scale goes up often with no reason whatsoever and that makes me super cranky and sad at the same time. I go day by day losing a little amount of grams a day and them bum! I go up. And this time is two days in a row.

Do you track your salt? Sometimes salt can cause you to go up. How much water do you drink a day?
    As women we all have a fluctuation of weight daily. I see me scale jump up and down daily. If you don't want to see it maybe just weigh 1 time a week, or average it. Water weight can really be a problem with us girls. 😉 it can Be discouraging but don't let it get you down. We all go through it and come out the other side happier.

I use a little tiny amount of salt. Sometimes I even forget to put salt to my food.
    And water.... I drink a lot!
    Thanks for your words

Do you eat packaged foods? Those can have a lot of salt. You would be amazed. If you prepare all fresh foods it will help witb salt intake?

I do use cans. Like chickpeas, lentils, kidney beans... They all come in a can.
    I've just checked and the chickpeas are having 0,10 gram per 100 g. The lentils and the kidney beans they both have 1 gram per 100 g. I don't know if that's too bad. I'm lost in those things.
    And thanks again :)
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Steps from ysterday 3 June: 11.507 steps
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Oops Clock switched over at midnight! Steps 11,090 were for Wednesday June 3! Found out today my gym is opening on Friday!

My girlfriend told me yesterday that much probably for us too!! If that's true I'm going to be reaaaaaaaally happy :):):)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Oops Clock switched over at midnight! Steps 11,090 were for Wednesday June 3! Found out today my gym is opening on Friday!

That is good news! I am not sure at what stage of opening the gyms will be allowed to open here. Unfortunately, our numbers have not been going down like they should.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    3vwzp18madpg.jpeg
    Overdue
    @charlottemilton

Thursday’s weigh ins
    @888Angie888
    @Terri622
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: none
    Water: not enough

Steps 6/3 1,921

Today I finally hit 60 pounds lost. It is like that was a stumbling block for me. Hopefully it is downward from here.

I had an appointment with my doctor yesterday and its a combination of my asthma and bronchitis. On Tuesday my daughter had me go for a covid test just to be safe. It was negative which didn’t surprise me. I am on 2 puffers and prednisone orally for 5 days. I just want to get back walking and out of my apartment. I am required to self isolate until 24 hours after I have no symptoms. That means hubby has to grocery shop on Saturday. Here’s to hoping he gets everything.

Today’s goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 8 cups of water
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: none
    Water: not enough

Steps 6/3 1,921

Today I finally hit 60 pounds lost. It is like that was a stumbling block for me. Hopefully it is downward from here.

I had an appointment with my doctor yesterday and its a combination of my asthma and bronchitis. On Tuesday my daughter had me go for a covid test just to be safe. It was negative which didn’t surprise me. I am on 2 puffers and prednisone orally for 5 days. I just want to get back walking and out of my apartment. I am required to self isolate until 24 hours after I have no symptoms. That means hubby has to grocery shop on Saturday. Here’s to hoping he gets everything.

Today’s goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 8 cups of water

Congratulations on 60lbs down!! This is HUGE!! well done !!!!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: under Exercise: none Water: not enough Steps 6/3 1,921

WOWZAAAAA!! That's quite a milestone! Congrats 🥇
  • cesse47
    Options
    [/quote]
    I do use cans. Like chickpeas, lentils, kidney beans... They all come in a can.
    I've just checked and the chickpeas are having 0,10 gram per 100 g. The lentils and the kidney beans they both have 1 gram per 100 g. I don't know if that's too bad. I'm lost in those things.
    And thanks again :)[/quote]

When you set your MFP goals, you can specify which nutrients you want to track: carbs, sugars, protein, sodium ... etc. Then, when you log an entry, it will show you those values as well. In this way, you can track if your carbs or sodium are over daily goal. If I have a day where my carbs and sodium is too high, I'll shoot for lower values the next day and try to double-up on my water intake.
  • cesse47
    Options
    @Marigorringo Sorry, see post above ... for some reason the "quote" did not work and did not include your name ... and I could not edit my post. weird

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day
    PW: 253.0
    CW: 252.0

Goal is to stay within calories (weekend included) and hopefully lose at least 2.x pounds to get below 250.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    6/3
    Steps: 14,195
    Jump Rope: 2 minutes
This discussion has been closed.