Options

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Check-In
    MONDAY: 🟒
    Overall, it was a good day! πŸ˜€
    Calories: 🟒 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟒
    Exercise 🟒
    Monday Goals 🟒
    - Workout: 45 min+ 🟒 (YouTube - Jenny Ford Super Sweaty Step Aerobics - tried an Intermediate workout - new steps - eeek!)
    - Weights 🟒 (YouTube: Sydney Cummings 10 minute arms)
    Stretch/Yoga 🟒 (YouTube: Yoga with Adriene, 20 minutes)
    Martial Arts Breathing 🟒
    Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟒
    Other Goals
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) 🟒
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE 🟒
    - Housecleaning 🟒
    TUESDAY Goals
    So far, so good! πŸŸ‘πŸ˜€
    Tuesday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ βšͺ
    - Weights βšͺ
    Stretch/Yoga βšͺ
    Martial Arts Breathing βšͺ
    Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟒
    Other Goals
    - Scary-Behind-Project #1 - Scouts - Get at least ONE item from my task list links, and then CELEBRATE βšͺ
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) βšͺ
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE βšͺ
    - Housecleaning 🟒
    I liked this reminder -- "start were you are!"
    jze2mjo3cb95.jpg
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    pe0jaa8nxnvq.jpg
    :star:Congratulations to all our Slimpossibles Step Challengers! :star:

Tuesday is the day when we finalize our Slimpossibles Step Challenge for the previous week. Mondays are a grace period each week, so that anyone who has not synced up with whatever app they use to track steps, has time to do so, to get credit for all their steps on Sunday.

Our highest steppers for last week:
    1 - @Cornanda with 95,341 steps
    2 - @raleighgirl09 with 92,5647 steps
    3 - @gwamajtw91 with 90,813 steps
    4 - @Jactop with 85,503 steps
    5 - @Katmary71 with 71,310 steps (some of this is chair workout movement; counting it anyway because it is amazing!)

Together we logged an astounding
    784,482 steps last week! That's about 371 miles ! Go, SlimSteppers, go!🀩

CHECK IN ON LEAGUE STANDINGS at any time here: https://www.fitrockr.com/#!/challenge/5eba81b1272b550001ef4f79

JOIN THE STEP CHALLENGE AT ANY TIME! Would a step challenge would be fun and/or help you stay in motion? If so, join us!
    1. Set up an account on FitRockr.com
    2. Then click this link to join the challenge: https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e42db924dbe5b0001973d73/c81a3fad-1c5a-450d-aef7-6dc1a64a3e7d
    3. Ping me if you have any problems getting set up. People occasionally hit a road bump getting syncing to go smoothly, but so far everyone seems to have worked it out (FitRockr is free and has a surprisingly helpful support team).

SYNCING STEP DATA You need to sync your tracker with its native app first (e.g. Misfit, Fitbit, Google Fit, Garmin, etc). Fitrockr SHOULD then automatically fetch your data from the tracker's app after a few minutes. If that's not working, we should reach out to them, as their support has been helpful in the past.

Happy and healthy stepping to everyone!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 683 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in

Wow, time flies when you're having fun! This is a continuation of a check in I started yesterday! => Tuesday is good so far!! My Monday was exceptionally good - double water, great sleep, calories way under and it was an intentional alcohol free and super-low sodium day. I was driving from the coast back to Raleigh, NC yesterday, a 2.75 hour drive, and was really working on not arriving all puffed up and full of retained water. My planning and execution all worked really well - and hubby left his wallet and now we have to drive back tonight and get it! HA! Going to try to replicate the successful tactics from yesterday and see if I can pull it off twice more - tonight when arriving and tomorrow coming back. I'm looking at it as a personal challenge!

I would just stay here while he does this but - we live 2 miles from downtown Raleigh and, right off of the main road leading into downtown, so I am not really comfortable being here by myself. Raleigh will probably still be under an 8pm curfew tonight because of multiple days of riots so we can't just drive there and come back, either. @mrmcgrath my thoughts and prayers - it's an extremely sad time in our (repeated) history. I think of George Floyd daily - and I think about all of the good, kind people in blue, too. I don't have answers; I know reform is needed. I don't have answers; I know the vast majority of people in blue are peace keepers. Anyway - my heart is breaking and here I am with a real-life but minuscule issue of how to move about the state lawfully.

@AustinRuadhain thanks for posting the step challenge! Congrats to our group - 784,482 steps or about 371 miles. That is like - SUPER AMAZING!!
    @trooworld I love this lake pic! My favorite walks are near the water.... => Rivers, creeks, lakes, a waterfront - love them all! So glad you had a great day with more sleep!
    @TeresaW1020 wow, a 24 hour fast! Are you doing that as a tool to sometimes help drop some extra? I find that if I can slip some really low cal days in, I get that effect which is the goal.
    @veryhotmails CONGRATS on 4 green weeks......wooooooot!!!!!
    @lexabeep sounds like you have solid plans and are on track! So annoying to turn around from weight loss to discover it's creeping back in - and getting after it quickly is so smart! Cheers to YOU!!
    @Jactop congrats, I know you are really working hard on getting a little more under the magic number - and you WILL!
    @cherrymajoni welcome and what an amazing gift to give yourself in prepping for a healthy pregnancy! I bet the baby coming up on 2 keeps you quite busy! Such a fun time of life... => Says the Gigi of an almost 2 year old who is now reliving some of it through the experience of my son!
    @kyfrancik we're with you - the angel on the shoulder saying 'yeah, don't get discouraged' Getting back to the program quickly is key and you probably have a little fluctuation just from a lot of time in the car! Whew - I don't care for long car rides and 800 miles certainly does qualify!
    @mlhopp93 I find the habit tracker does help as a visual and then as I become used to that, it helps keep me on track some as I think about being able to record the green check marks.
    @Katmary71 funny how much we take for granted - I hadn't thought about the work around of chopping while seated on the couch...that must be quite the ballet of maneuvering and planning! CELEBRATION for your workout even if not 100% finished!!! I have a lot of admiration for your pluckiness - even if you don't see it that way. Going through the extra effort to get routine things done is an oxymoron and not easy. I hope you can acknowledge that for you, as we do for you. => <3
    @bethanie0825 I bet your shifts are pretty busy these days... Here's hoping you can get back to the gym soon - and yay on the food prep/planning! I find I can make better decisions when I can just reach into the fridge for something already done. It really is true that the version of me while planning is so much more prepared and ready to do the right things than the tired me!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @trooworld - Hurray for that good night's sleep! I hope the coffee kicks in soon! 😸 β˜•
    Hurray too for that great day you had yesterday! Enjoy your lake walk today! It looks like a great, peaceful place for a walk!
    And wait, wow - you have lost 15.5 pounds already? That is so great! πŸ₯³

@mrmcgrath - I am so glad to hear that the kids are safe and sound. I hope your husband is not needed, but am glad you are in a better place. πŸ‘πŸ½
    Cardio/flex sounds fun! Enjoy that strength training! πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ”₯
    Goals for this month and for the rest of the year -- what a rich topic for reflection.
    Nice resource I found as I was thinking about this: 4 steps to reset your goals for the second half of the year:
    "So much of the work of pursuing the goal happens when you set the right goal.” -- career and transition coach Allison Task, author of Personal (R)evolution: How to Be Happy, Change Your Life, and Do That Thing You’ve Always Wanted to Do

@lcloopy , @cherrymajoni - Welcome to our Slimpossibles team!
    Cherry, what a lovely reason to be focused on health and fitness!
    mcjwrtv1f7w8.jpg

@TeresaW1020 - WOW! What a great day! And all those goals look like such great choices to help you reach your health and fitness goals! πŸ‘πŸΎπŸŽ―

@veryhotmails @kyfrancik , @jmbrown11 -- WOW! Congratulations to all of you on being in the green all four weeks in May! What a huge accomplishment! πŸŽ‰

@lexabeep - You sound fabulously focused! With all that energy, I am sure you will keep at it until you find the food and exercise mix that works for you and your body. We are definitely here to support you. 🎯

@Jactop - Great weigh-in this week! Look at you, back in the 100s! Keep up all the great work! And let us know if we can support you in any way! πŸ†

@Cornanda - :heart: WOW. I am so delighted to hear that the group helps you when you want to give up. You have so much energy and determination that I don't imagine you ever actually giving up, but we certainly all go through those spaces.
    I am wishing you a lovely Florida summer🌴 with your big kids. My guy is 14, so I can see that "empty nest" time coming... soon. *deep breath*
    I know that tiny uptick for the last week wasn't what you wanted, but big picture, you are doing great! Keep up the good work! πŸ‘πŸΎ

@trooworld - πŸ˜‹ Rosemary Roasted Potatoes are awesome! My kiddo can eat a couple pounds at a sitting right now. (Ah, to be a taeenage boy!) Here are a couple of go-to favorite vegetarian-ish recipe ideas, in case you want some more inspiration! These also have the advantage of being pretty quick (important to me, as I have that teenager to feed!):
    - Boulangerie Beans and Potatoes Sounds fancy, but it's easy and tasty, and you can do a million variations on this.
    - Cheesy, Spicy Black Bean Bake - Another tasty, thrifty, endless changeable recipe. I made this last night with black beans, added a can of diced tomatoes with chipotle, and added some frozen corn.

@kyfrancik - Up less than 1 pound after such a big family trip? From here, it sounds like you must have had some attention on staying healthy. (I, at least, could gain WAY more weight if I were seriously misbehaving!) I think you are so smart to remind yourself that you have lost 9 pounds in the last month! That's a really great result! You are back from the trip, focused and back on track! πŸ‘πŸΎ

@mlhopp93 - :heart: So glad you are back with us for June! I think narrowing your focus to two health and fitness habits sounds like a great plan! It can be so overwhelming to try to get everything "right." Get solid on those two habits, and then add on as needed. That kind of stairstep approach has certainly been super helpful for me! πŸ‘£πŸ‘πŸΎ

@KatMary71
    YAY! I did it! No binging for the first time in over a week! I wanted popcorn but I wanted to stay under and prove to myself I wasn't a complete lost cause at this point.
    YIPPEE! What a great accomplishment!
    Big yay to seated arm cardio, yoga, and all those "arm steps!" Movement is movement, and your determination is SO inspiring! 🀩πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ”₯❀️

@bethanie0825 - You sound like you have hit the reset button mentally and are ready to hit it this month. I think meal planning is such a great place to pay attention. Making plans and setting yourself up for success with food can make such a huge difference! πŸ‘πŸΎ
    Oh, and see on the June HabitTracker!

@raleighgirl09 - ❀️ I am catching up on posts, and thought your comment here was totally gold!
    Hi team, both returning and new to the fam! I am Maria in NC, been in the group since July 2019 and am one of the motivators for the Slimpossibles! I have been slightly remiss in that, having lost my job during COVID-19 and having some struggle with working through that. I can say this - we are all, from the organizers to captains to moderators and motivators.....human - but all still in the game. It's ok to be vulnerable and as human as needed because we've all been there and often return just to be sure... => I was once, many years ago, at least 300 pounds and a size 26. I am now at about a 50 pound loss with this go-around since April 2019 and working toward maintenance. Working toward the working toward, as it were. Maybe 20 pounds left. Might I offer this insight....? It being ONLY 20 pounds more does not mean it's easier - however, it does mean that I have a lot of experience and tools in my tool belt to make it possible. Take heart in all you do - each step is one step closer
    This is SO brilliant, guys! And the other thing I hear -- thanks for this coaching, @raleighgirl09 ! β€οΈπŸ‘πŸΎ -- is a reminder that not much changes when you hit your goal number, whatever that is. Paying attention to food and exercise is just what there is to do, if you want to stay at that goal. It's a process, not a place you arrive at and are then done.

Back to work on my fitness for the day! Meal planning, food weighing and tracking, and I GOT to fit exercise in before a 7 PM meeting, so gotta get on that!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited June 2020
    Options
    manx7odsjo7g.jpg

OPTIONAL FUN - ONE WEEK ONLY!

This is a quick reminder about the Fat2Fit Week 1 Challenge. This is optional but could be a fun add to your health and fitness focus this week. It's super easy. Choose 2 Magic Numbers for the week -- two diet or fitness-promoting actions that you can reliably track each day. Try to post how you did each day in the Challenge Thread. Then, the next day, do it all again! Wash, rinse, repeat!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10798612/two-magic-numbers-challenge-week-1-june#latest

Thanks to @jugar and the other Fat2Fit leaders for setting this up!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @mrmcgrath, glad to hear that you are doing better. I started back lifting heavy and my poor arms and back muscles are dying. Teach me to take time off. :D

@trooworld, that lake looks so peaceful. I hope you are able to get a good nights sleep. Last night was a struggle for me. DH said it was because I watch so much news. He is probably right. :/

@Cornanda, wahhhhoooo look at you getting first place in the step challenge! That is an incredible number. :grin:

@raleighgirl09, I fast for both the weight control factor and for all the health benefits that IF is known for. From all I’ve read, it’s once you pass the 18-hour mark that fat burning really revs up. I usually don’t go past 18 to 19 hours but I’m going to try to change that a 3 or 4 times a week. We will see! ;)

@AustinRuadhain, thanks for the reminder for this week’s challenge. I always start them and then forget. NOT this week. :grin:

Hi everyone! Today was pretty good. I worked out and then went to Walmart and did a little housework. My muscles in my arms and upper back are hurting since I returned to lifting weights. I knew it would and just need to ride it out. No pain…no gain. Right! :p My heart is very sad over the events in this country and I wish so badly that it would all just end. The nation is hurting…the world is hurting…and all I know what to do is to pray and try not to be a part of the problem. I hope you are all staying safe. <3

June Goals: 6/2
    1. Clean fast a minimum of 18 hrs a day. 18 hrs. 32 min
    2. Workout 30 minutes or more (housework counts) Barre Lean Legs
    3. No sugar or afternoon snacking No sugar/No snack
    4. Track all my points and don't go over my weeklies 32 points
    5. 96.oz of plain water 120 oz.

• cherrymajoni
    cherrymajoni Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    πŸ™ˆ so last night slept around 1am so didn't meet one of my daily targets (sleep before midnight)

But I did manage to drink my 2ltrs

And I have started the coach to 5k app on my phone. Along with a zoom workout group for Wednesday and Thursdays
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday (night) check in

Huh - yeah, I gotta get the check in down for today! My cals are under, water is way over - steps are surprisingly high. I did 2 'hood walks and was busy during the day and then when we came back for the wallet (WALLET ACHEIVED!!!), we went for a waterfront walk before dinner - almost 19,000 steps! That's a SHAZAM for me!!

I am always amazed at how "easy" this is (this = my weight loss efforts) when my head is in the right space - and believe me, I have been in both/either place on countless occasions. A week ago - I was so struggling. The night eats, the call of the peanut butter jar, the alcohol too-free flowing. And pretty much all from.....6-11pm. Fast forward a week and I am keeping cals in target range or low, no desire to eat at night, no pull whatsoever from the peanut butter jar. WHAT is the difference? I can say 'head in the game' or 'in it to win it' or some other happycrappy thing but in thinking about it and how to share, I realized I was not really sure exactly how I turn that corner and enjoy the sunnier side. Giving it some thought, I wanted to share. It's many small steps and actions that lead to this feeling - and I keep repeating it to the end result of learning what I need to do. I can create and recreate the success. I will have missteps and fails and the only thing that will keep me from rising again is if I do not get back up. Always get back up - do not give up.

This is what is happening for me and I hope it is helpful to someone else:

I keep a promise to myself despite how hard it seems at that moment -> I see progress in some way, scales or otherwise -> I feel stronger -> the next time I need to think about eating in the moment or keeping my promise to myself, it's easier to keep the promise than the first time -> I begin to feel the true feeling of desire to meet my goal MORE than my desire to eat in the moment.....and I make a better choice faster - with less angst -> result = feels easier -> I sometimes repeat the mistakes but go back to what works after doing some struggling -> I start the cycle again but each time I learn about me and my patterns

It's not that it's easier. I think it's a feeling of being more familiar - I'm building my life long habits needed for long term success so - really - my failures are the harbinger to my success. The core lesson is - to keep working at it.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Gah, had just finished my replies then I clicked on @AustinRuadhain spicy black bean recipe and lost it all! At least that recipe looks AMAZING, I've gone totally bean crazy in the last 18 months! I liked them before but I never made as much with them as I do now, same with veggies.

@trooworld thank you for the recipe! I've been gathering herbs from the garden and adding a little olive oil, garlic powder, and smoked paprika and brushing on potatoes. I stopped eating oil for awhile and have found just having a little goes a lot further than it used to. I completely forgot the lemon on my potatoes today, thanks for the reminder! Did zucchini and then did fish fillets in the oven as doing one thing at a time in the air fryer would've taken a long time. I love it so far though!

@raleighgirl09 and @AustinRuadhain thank you both! Honestly, I'd started taking for granted what I could do too aside of lifting cat litter and being grateful to grocery shop. Definitely wanted to cry doing Walmart pickup Saturday and stupidly got cat litter, it's 40lbs mocking me that I can't lift right now! My brother is going to try to fix my microwave again so I'll get him to bring it in when he comes.

I'm sorry for not writing more, last night was the worst night since my nerves flared up and tonight's the best in a few weeks, not sure what one night of tossing and turning did to change that but it's great with me! Only did 15 minutes of chair arm cardio. I haven't been able to do dishes or get in the shower and wanted to save my strength for those. My tailbone's sore from all this sitting! I decided to give my magnetic mattress another try, I also chopped potatoes, herbs, and zucchini sitting with my legs on the coffee table and a bunch of bowls, then would just get up and toss things in the air fryer. I can already tell I'll love this thing! My kitchen went crazy on me today, first I started hearing a loud ticking and turned out it's because I spilled water on the gas stove. I don't know why that makes it tick but it sounds like it's trying to light even though it's off and it's really annoying, sounded like it was going to blow up. Next up the grounding button on the outlet kept blowing and wouldn't stick so I had to use the Instant Pot on the floor by the laundry room. Then my new Instant Pot wouldn't cook my eggs, I kept trying to crack them and thinking they were done and getting egg everywhere. By the time I gave up they would've been hard as rocks but probably only cooked a minute total out of trying over an hour, I gave up on egg salad for my snack! I made them before bed in my backup Instant Pot for tomorrow. There's a theory that some people have body chemistry that screws up electricity, I made a list of all the wacko things that've happened since quarantine and it's hard to not think there's something to it! When I picked up my laptop from being repaired the guy there had heard of Mercury being in retrograde causing technology problems, I never believed in any of this and now I'm starting to wonder!

I'm not going to figure out goals until I'm more stable. For now I'd like to do a small amount of cardio, hopefully start doing arms again as my sprained finger is doing better, and get back to yoga.. In general though as soon as the pain worsens I'm stopping. My gym franchise isn't renewing their lease and the company is going to likely declare bankruptcy, I couldn't return now but I'm bummed, it'll be a decent drive to the other one. I'm going to do vegetarian Wednesdays with a friend, that'll be easy as I love beans and I'm not a big meat eater, I rarely had it unless I was out for dinner until calorie counting and all this "eat protein!" came up and turned out my body responds to it. I'm making tofu in the air fryer tomorrow, one of the things I wanted an air fryer for. My eating is awful right now, I know I'm binging because I'm hurting, scared, and angry and now that it's been going on for awhile and I've been getting more and more limited it's hard to imagine it will ever change, especially at night when the pain is the worst and I'm delirious like last night. If it never changes, was all this worth it? I did it to be healthier and physically do more and now I'm practically bed ridden again. I won't be able to return to school until I can sit in a chair long enough, and I can't sit without my legs elevated and we're not even talking pain levels. I'm definitely not enjoying my life right now though I'm determined to fight and survive, at least until nights when the pain's severe and then I'm frustrated at how much I've cut back to not get results and get worse. My GP doctor appointment is Thursday, I'm only expecting a referral so I'm not very excited but hopeful, it'll just be the first of many hoops if 30 years of chronic pain and dealing with the medical community is an example. The treatment at the ER is definitely a reminder of how alone you are if you need help as with higher BP and heart rate your body's in fight or flight but it's not "an emergency" so it's a waste of time. Especially if you have a fever at a walk-in clinic! I don't think I posted it here but my COVID test was negative.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    6amferj1y078.jpg
    Check-In
    TUESDAY: 🟒/🟑
    Overall, it was a good day! πŸ˜€
    Did NOT make progress on scary project. ❌😞
    DID rearrange my day to make sure that cardio happened and had dinner ready to eat during evening meeting, so I did not end up eating late AND had time to go out walking with my husband afterwards! πŸ˜€
    Calories: 🟒 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟒
    Exercise 🟒
    Tuesday Goals 🟒
    - Workout: 45 min+ 🟒 (YouTube: Jenny Ford Step & Weights Montana)
    - Weights 🟒
    Stretch/Yoga 🟒 (YouTube: Yoga with Adriene)
    Martial Arts Breathing 🟒
    Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟒
    Other Goals
    - Scary-Behind-Project #1 - Scouts - Get at least ONE item from my task list links, and then CELEBRATE ❌
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) 🟒
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE 🟒
    WEDNESDAY Goals for Today!
    So far, so good! πŸŸ‘πŸ˜€
    Wednesday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ βšͺ
    - Weights or Bonus Cardio βšͺ
    Stretch/Yoga βšͺ
    Martial Arts Breathing βšͺ
    Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟒
    Other Goals
    - Scary-Behind-Project #1 - Scouts - Get at least ONE item from my task list links, and then CELEBRATE βšͺ
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) βšͺ
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE βšͺ

t5nufw2myi41.gif
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @mrmcgrath Thanks, yes it was very peaceful. I'm lucky it's so close to me!

@raleighgirl09 Yeah, there is something that makes walking near water so much more relaxing. I'm glad that my sleep is better, too, thanks! :) Sorry you have to go back for your husband's wallet, that's a bummer. That's awesome that your desire for your goal is outweighing your desire for other things and making your NO muscle stronger!!! Mine is starting to get stronger, too.

@AustinRuadhain Thanks, yes, I had a great walk yesterday too! Indeed, I have lost 15.5 lbs since March 1st. :D Thank you for the veggie recipes, they both look really good and I do appreciate that they are quick too!!! :) Way to make cardio happen and go walking with husband, woo hoo!!!

@TeresaW1020 It was so very nice to walk around it. On paper, I had a good night's sleep, but if you looked at the details, I didn't have such a good night's sleep. I mean, I did have a better night's sleep but I was still getting up every 30-60 minutes from anxiety for the first 4-5 hours of sleep. :( Yeah, watching the news will do that to you! I try to limit how much news I watch because of that.

@cherrymajoni 2 ltrs is fantastic!

@Katmary71 That's wonderful that you have a garden! <3 I live in a condo and don't have a balcony to have a garden, so it's something I can only dream about lol. I love smoked paprika, what you did the potatoes sounds magical. That's great that you love the air fryer so far. FYI...last night, I roasted peppers in the air fryer to peel their skins off and use as roasted peppers in a recipe, you just turn on the air fryer at 400F and spray the peppers with cooking spray and put them in for 20 mins and keep an eye on them, turning them every so often. Take them out and put them in a bowl and put a plate over the bowl and let them steam until cooled and then you can peel their skins off. :) I hope you get some relief from your pain soon, I'm sorry it's so severe. Is it worse at night? I really like tofu in the air fryer. I hope you like it, too. I'm glad your COVID test was negative, I'm sure that was a relief.

Hello everyone. I did go back to that nice lake from the picture and walked TWICE as far yesterday. It was so wonderful. I would go back today but I have a conference call about going back to work. Yes!!! I got a call from my director yesterday and he told me that I'm being called back to work at the end of the month. It's only going to be part-time at first, but that's something and I'm so grateful to be going back. I love my job and I was so afraid I'd lose it permanently. I'm so sorry for those of you that did lose your job permanently, my heart goes out to you.

Tuesday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under over
    Exercise: walk around the lake
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: YouTube video, 52+ oz of water
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @trooworld - So glad you had a lovely walk yesterday!
    I did an outdoor walk last evening -- as pretty as your lagoon, but not photogenic. The highlights were the moon, the fireflies, and the joyful call-and-response roar of the cicadas -- all of which made me super happy but which my phone camera can't capture at all. Ah, well!

@Katmary71 - Sending you big hugs. I am thinking of you and wishing you well. Your tenacity and courage as you deal with your health challenges is inspiring. πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½
    Oh, gosh, I am SO sorry about that lost post. I do that (click a link and lose work) on an embarrassingly regular basis. And I am sorry it was one of my links! And sorry about all the technology challenges.
    If you want more bean recipes, I can post a few more! I am a huge fan!
    Oh, and by the way -- those 40 pound bags of cat litter are challenging for me, too. For me, some of it has to do with where that unwieldy bag is and what I need to do with it. It's so easy to end up with it in a place where I am not lifting with my legs, and I absolutely know I can hurt myself lifting it and hurting myself. So yay you, for being careful.
    Your lemon on potatoes reminded me that my magic ingredient for the day yesterday was a fresh lime. I decided to buy a papaya on my last shopping trip. I have always liked dried papaya and never eaten it fresh. They are huge and it turns out they have an odd aroma. So I have been having this odd like/don't like reaction. Yesterday, wondering if it was just me, I googled papaya smell and found out it's a THING, and read a Cooking Light recommendation that I add a little fresh lime juice. And go figure -- that worked! This is a happy thing also because it looks like papaya may be another anti-inflammatory food.

@raleighgirl09 - Definite Shazam to WALLET ACHIEVED and to almost 19,000 steps!
    04pecg20xj8h.gif
    Wow. Your entire post is just fabulous. Thank you for sharing your process. I sure got a lot of coaching out of it! πŸ˜πŸ’‘
    I keep a promise to myself despite how hard it seems at that moment -> I see progress in some way, scales or otherwise -> I feel stronger -> the next time I need to think about eating in the moment or keeping my promise to myself, it's easier to keep the promise than the first time -> I begin to feel the true feeling of desire to meet my goal MORE than my desire to eat in the moment.....and I make a better choice faster - with less angst -> result = feels easier -> I sometimes repeat the mistakes but go back to what works after doing some struggling -> I start the cycle again but each time I learn about me and my patterns

It's not that it's easier. I think it's a feeling of being more familiar - I'm building my life long habits needed for long term success so - really - my failures are the harbinger to my success. The core lesson is - to keep working at it.

I am seriously inspired. I am thinking about this as I go work on my stuff (especially Scary-Behind Projects) today. Those broken promises to myself can just kill me, and the path forward is to keep one, remember that I did, and remember that as I make my next choices. Thank you.

@cherrymajoni - I just want to say YAY YOU for working on fitness with a toddler in the mix. Awesome that you got your water in! And as for sleep - maybe you will ease into bed a little earlier today. Even when I don;t meet my goal, sometimes tracking the number helps me do better than I would have if I had been unconscious of it. (@lexabeep posted something awesome in the Week 1 Challenge Two Magic Numbers Thread about how tracking sleep numbers had her get happier about taking a nap when needed, which I thought was so smart!

@TeresaW1020 - You are killing those June goals! SO fabulous and SO inspiring!

Thank you, all of you, for inspiring me this morning!

4iuthjb6xw47.gif
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Being Your Own Detective

@raleighgirl09 's fabulous post is a demonstration of something that lines up with something I just saw from BeYourOwnBestCoach.com. I haven't taken their course, but they offer a free "Kickstart Guide," which I requested and was looking through for ideas.

Their process for dealing with a problem has you start by looking for exceptions -- times when the problem you are focused on (like late-night snacking) doesn't happen at all, or when it happens less. And then you look at that, like a detective -- What was going on? What was different in your environment? What was happening instead of the problem? What did you do differently that had the problem be not-so-bad?

uioi8r71j58a.jpg

Okay, off to work on a Scary-Behind-Project Thing now!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Wow! So much inspiration on here today! B)<3
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @cherrymajoni, great job on drinking your water and getting in exercise. So, what can you do to get to bed to meet your goal? :)

@raleighgirl09, holy cow woman!! That was one awesomesauce post you gave us all last night!! B) Your post totally resonated with me. I don’t know what gets my head in the game and then I’m wandering around in left field not knowing what I’m doing. Except maybe eating out of the PB jar. Whyyyy does that stuff have to be so dang tasty! :p

@katmary71, awe I have nothing to say to you that would be helpful. I’m so glad that your COVID test was negative. I am also so glad that you had a good night from all your terrible pain. You are in my prayers. <3

@AustinRuadhain, how great that graphic is that you posted!! I am working hard this month in doing the small daily improvements so that I can have those long term results. :)

@trooworld, that is great news that you will be going back to work! :) I know how much you love it. My heart also breaks for all those who have lost their jobs. :'(

Hello everyone! Well, it was another good day. I was trying to do a 24 hour fast but didn’t make it that far. I think it was because I did a long cardio workout and then I cleaned all my floors, dusted, and did laundry. I simply needed to eat because my brain was refusing to work. :grin: Tomorrow, I go to my weekly staff meeting at the church and will stay to do the newsletter. I hope you are all staying safe and staying mindful of your goals. :)

June Goals: 6/3
    1. Clean fast a minimum of 18 hrs a day. 21 hrs. 2 min.
    2. Workout 30 minutes or more (housework counts) Barre Total Body Cardio
    3. No sugar or afternoon snacking No sugar/No snack
    4. Track all my points and get a blue dot 35 points
    5. 96.oz of plain water 125 oz.

• cherrymajoni
    cherrymajoni Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Today's been a great day, my son woke up at 6am (not part of the good day) but it meant I couldn't do my coach to 5k. instead we went out at 7:15 and did speed walking to the park where I then did jogging laps with him in view. Got home just in time for 8am zoom fitness session with PT. Followed by my 10min abs workout.

I have managed to stay within my calories and drank my 2ltrs

As I write an in bed at 11pm after this doing my meditation and bed time πŸ™Œ
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Wednesday check in

Hi Slims!! WOW! What a hot day today, the hottest of 2020 for us! I had a plan to go on a 20 mile bike ride with a friend and I was a bit nervous about my stamina....I have a ton (of said stamina) and love to bike but, you know, fear of failure and all that rubbish. Anyhoo - was hydrated, had on a wet wicking shirt for cool-keeping, had water and everything needed including an emergency snack. BAMMO. Inner tube went caput. As in, we're shooting the shasta while everyone did the last couple of get-done things and all of a sudden there is a wooshing sound that was the air vigorously escaping my tire from the valve stem. Can't even make it up. And then after going home and hubby wanting to be sure I can go tomorrow, we ride out to 3 WalMarts. Why 3....? Well, because we found it so hard to believe that the first 2 weren't open at 7pm. All of our WalMarts (and it seems other stores) closed at 5 because of the riots we've been having - or had, can't really tell what the heck. So - uh, we came home and had some wine on the deck and heated up chicken and made salad. And tried really hard to not be freaked out.

Trying for the ride again tomorrow - gotta get inner tubes and go see my Ma and get some work search done. And hydrate again. No need to feel nervous tomorrow, I already did that today. :D

Good news! The kind of job I really want kinda dropped into my lap as an invite to apply. Had a great first chat today, hoping to have another this week or Monday and who knows? Maybe I'll be employed again soon. Oddly - had 2 cold calls today with positive vibes so all of the efforts for connecting and networking - as well as applying my katooshkis off - must be working.

@Katmary71 hey - my bean soul sistah! I have been loving this simple bean thing of late which is easily halved, if preferred. And, except for the beans and liquid, this is a "to-taste" kinda thing. 1 lb of pinto/great northern mix, 4 cups chicken stock, dehydrated onion, pepper, garlic powder and a few tablespoons of olive oil. I simmer a couple of hours and usually have to add about a cup of water for another hour or so until the beans are tender and there is a creaminess to them. These are wow good and quite good for you - I mean, for the lowly bean this is amazing. Seriously, the olive oil is a show stopper.

Oh dear - it's late! I have read so many great things today and will continue these thoughts tomorrow but it's bed time. Big day tomorrow what with inner tubes and Ma visits and a 20 mile ride....I HOPE!!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Username - bethanie0825
    Day-Tuesday
    Previous - 235.2
    Current - 237

TOM showed up early but I'll take a less than 2lb gain after the pass couple months I've had. I def plan on being in the green next week. I'm back to stepping bc I can't finish low again lol. I love a competition, you guys keep me moving!!
  • 2020shih
    2020shih Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Grrr sorry guys I have not been on plan at all . feeling a bit better today so lets hope I can turn it around.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I just started a word document titled Trooworld Air Fryer Tips! I can't find where I saved the one from the other night but I'm not losing that pepper one, that's a great idea! There's things I didn't even think of, like doing Lean Pockets or frozen bean and cheese burritos in it. Well, to be fair I just started eating that stuff again so that may be why! I may get pizza rolls just to try them. Same when I wanted the toaster oven type, even though I don't care for dark meat I wanted to get a rotisserie chicken just so I could try making one in it but went with a drawer air fryer instead because of space.

The pain is worse at night, I haven't been sleeping very well but if I curl in a ball fetal-style with a pillow between my knees it helps. I'm trying to stick with keeping my legs raised on the coffee table or my desk but it's awful as far as posture goes and can make things worse. I just don't want to be back in bed because I spent years like that though I've been doing it more lately as I can put pillows under my knees, just not all day. I'm really picking and choosing what i do as it's not much, like whether or not I do the dishes or take the trash out.

OK @AustinRuadhain I'm the last one who should be pointing something out when I'm doing lousy but just want to say DON'T let something scary get the best of you! Try doing 15 seconds just to show it who's boss! LOL, don't worry about the post being lost, that happens all the time on here as I always click on links! I'm surprised I haven't ended up with computer viruses wanting to see what videos, music, and recipes everyone's posting links to! Glad you found a way around the stinky papaya, I didn't know that either!

@cherrymajoni Wow, sounds like a great day with a lot of good activity!

@raleighgirl09 Congratulations, your job hunting sounds like it's going awesome. Our Walmarts have been closed at 5 as well. Our CVS stores were some of the ones hit a few nights ago. I'm in a little town so it was surprising to have stuff going on here though a lot of threats came through over the weekend. Your recipe sounds similar to what I do to make refried beans in the Instant Pot except I make them fat-free! I'll have to try adding a little oil to see if it makes a difference. Honestly, the biggest game-changer with the Instant Pot is for beans, you don't have to soak them first (definitely rinse though, I accidentally didn't and don't know if I'll ever be able to eat lima beans again without my stomach hurting!) and they don't take very long. Black beans are 35 minutes. I usually make batches of beans every week for salads though the bulk bins are closed everywhere so it's harder to get some of the varieties Ilike.

@bethanie0825 Oh girlfriend, I got your number when I get better, you just wait! I thought I was doing great not caring about the competition as I'm more competitive with myself than others until I saw for the second week you were only 1000 steps in front of me AGAIN! Come on, that's just cruel! LOL, too funny!

@2020shih Glad you're having a better day! No need to apologize, just do your best!
This discussion has been closed.