WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Steps: 2,100
    Yep, it was a slow kind of day. Our multiple walks didn't happen for a few reasons - mostly inertia, I think.
    Tomorrow will be a new day. I plan to set the alarm, make coffee, and walk to the PO while it brews. I've got a package to mail to mom in NC so, that'll inspire me to get moving. We did get some yard and garden work done so, it wasn't a complete waste of time.
    I'll do my weigh in first thing tomorrow...sorry I didn't get it in for today.
    Is it too late for Sarah to sign up for this month? I keep sending her invites but she's yet to respond.
    OK...more tomorrow.
    Sleep well everyone.
    Mwah!
  • unevano
    unevano Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My 2 number challenge for today:
    GKI number needs to be less than 6 = It is 5.5 (whew, just made it. I had a bowl full of cherries and a big watermelon slice which nearly kicked me me above 6)
    exercise 1 hour. - Did it.
  • MoStacy
    MoStacy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sorry that I am so far behind...
    LW 189.2
    CW 190.5. 😢

I just can’t seem to stay on track.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    So one of the things on my daily goals was to make and complete a to-do list each day - improve efficiency, keep me focused, etc. Today one of the things on the list was to clean all the flotsam and jetsam off my computer desk. Except in the process the list disappeared and then I wasted way too much time looking for the wretched thing. So much for efficiency!

Hence I accomplished all my goals but that one today. The one I am happiest about is my goal of going for a walk every day. I told my husband about it and so he has been going with me, even asked me this afternoon when I planned on going. So that will be a good influence to keep me on track. :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,209 Member
    Options
    It's Thursday!

As always, it is a pleasure reading your news, even when some of it is really tough. I understand the pain of suicides in the military, @Gidgitgoescrazy - my daughter (in the Canadian Army) has lost a few colleagues and every one of those deaths pains all service members everywhere. It is an intense environment, and the people who go into the military are sometimes lost and troubled to begin with. For many, it is an amazing turn around where they learn the meaning of a team, they take responsibility, and they find their way through all kinds of difficulties. For some it can be overwhelming. Send your son some hugs from my family.

@evelynladams527 - sistah mine! You are back from your walk before coffee? You are making another walk later? The answer is yes, right??? OK, enough from the mean big sis. Yes, Sarah can squeak in for this month but best if her weigh-in is Friday or Saturday, and even better if she has a weight from last Friday or Saturday as a starting weight. It will be lovely to have one more with us! Get her on it!

I have to get out there and find more exercise today or I'm going to spontaneously combust!

Two weigh-ins still due today:
    @conleywoods
    @mhariankhatibau12

Here's to the collarbone - and to a good Thursday -
    du8r2o54tt66.png
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    unevano wrote: »
    @Stefbomb2020 Amazing transformation. Great accomplishment.

Thank u so much
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone out here... i exactly still dont know how to get to thank all of ul in the same post ..... tried cutting down on my sugar...but couldnt escape from my coffee...

I hardly eat anything.... but cant give up on that morning coffee...which means intermittent fasting isnt for me :'(
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I had a goofy thought this morning while biking. My anniversary is right after June 18th, so I thought perhaps I could get down to 145 sometime between June 18-27. If I keep to 1200 cals, it's possible. I was just at 148 not too long ago...
  • ells_runs
    ells_runs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    icg1hh6703fv.jpg

Hi all 😊 my steps for this week so far.
    Hopefully it's useful 😬😊🙈
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welp haven’t gotten my walk in since Tuesday so I’m only at 3 miles so far this month ugh I have been slacking that’s for sure. I will make them up though. I’ll get through that 60 miles again this month I promise!! Still no sweets since my ice cream tip the other day and I’m sticking to that. Tomorrow is weigh in day for me! Seems to come so fast when I really just want a couple extra days hahaha welp here’s to hoping the scale gods are on my side in the morning 🤞🏻
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Steps today: 8,300
    CW: 184.1

Growling and sputtering about my weight gain sparked a good conversation with my “wubby” about decreasing serving sizes, salt, and processed foods. For the next few days, I’m going to focus on 10 cups of water and working some vinegary foods into my regimen. I know they help keep me from triggering into sweet foods. It’s a good recommendation from @jugar.
    Good night, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.