Username: cherrymajoni
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 231.5
    Todays Weight: 231.5
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Was just planning to read and go to bed but wanted to say hi first. @vegan4lyfe2012 I want to come over and have a good cry with you! Hugs my friend!
  • 2020shih
    2020shih Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    User name. 2020shih.
    Weigh in wk 1.
    Weigh in day. Saturday.
    Previous weight 149lb..( sorry I gave you the wrong start weight).
    Todays weight 150lb.
  • camillasmith1987
    camillasmith1987 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am on this team but fail spectacularly at spreadsheets. No change this week 134lbs.
  • justkris_gettingfit
    justkris_gettingfit Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Username: justkris_gettingfit
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Previous Weight: 178.9
    Todays Weight: 179.4

Went a little off course this week, getting back to it today and hopefully close out the week in the green with logging. Being just about all caught up with my school work is a big relief and have my fingers crossed I don’t fall behind on that again 😅
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - I've been to the pity party many times and I feel for you. Logging on here was a great idea. Hugs!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I don't know why it's fairly common for doctors to make you feel alone with your health issues. Seems to be more common when they are serious ones like yours. It really shouldn't be that way. Hugs to you too!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thanks! :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 That's a good idea to move the temptations out of reach, WTG! I'm glad this group can give you some comfort and support. <3

Hello everyone! It was sprinkling when I got to the lake yesterday but I decided what the heck, I'm going to walk anyway! :) I walked a bit but not as much as I had planned. For lunch, I made a nice big colorful salad. I weighed and measured everything out, it was perfect. I even made croutons with my leftover sliced french bread in my air fryer @Katmary71 they came out really good! ;)

My best friend told me about these super-soft PJs she bought off Groupon and told me I should buy some but when I looked at them, they only went up to 14/16 and I wear an 18. I was disappointed and kind of mad at myself and told her I couldn't fit in them but then I decided to order the 14/16s since I am losing weight. I don't like to buy clothing in smaller sizes like that because it usually ends up going to Goodwill but since I am having success, and it's so close to my current size, I figure why not?

Friday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: walk around the lake AND walk in the neighborhood ;)
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: walk in the neighborhood, 52+ oz of water
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

I have a friend that started WW so I thought I would give it a try for a few months to help support her journey. I am still learning the process but I love the smart points and fit points. I did not track my food I. Mfp yesterday but am going to keep doing so because I believe calories play a big part.

@vegan4lyfe2012 My heart goes out to you. Just hang in there.

06/06
    Check In : mrmcgrath
    Day 6/5
    Weigh in : week 2
    Weight: 192.2
    Today’s weight: 190.6

Yesterday
    WW smartpoints 7 points remaining
    WW fitpoints 9 points
    Calories:
    Water: over/under?over
    Macros: little
    Exercise:🚶🏻‍♀️stretching💪🏻

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    7494 steps. 7200 goal steps
    3.15 miles
    2643 burned calories
    52 active
    ? sleep score
    62 resting heart
    1278 calories consumed

Basic Goals
    Workout minutes:🚶🏻‍♀️stretching 💪🏻
    Complete food diary: 👎🏼
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 💦
    Stay below sugar goal:
    Meet fiber in range:
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc.📚
    Breathing exercises:🌬
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours bed 👎🏼

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester soon
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

#FeelAlive

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 683 Member
    Options

What are your plans for this weekend?

eutgp87jwvb7.jpg

@TeresaW1020 this is such a great reminder - especially #2 and #8. This is the part that I have often allowed to get in my way and it's really timely that you put this here! I had a hungry day yesterday, which stands to reason because I had had several low calorie days. Don't know if that happens with others but for me, I know if I am really low for several days, one day I'll wake up and just simply need more food that day. Yesterday my cals were over but I was ok with it and I pre-logged today's food so that I'd have a head start on good choices!!

My weekend plans include kayaking, we're going to go around Harker's Island, NC, tomorrow - it's about a 10 mile paddle. It's not a tremendous number of miles but it'll be fun because there are a lot of different conditions as you go around; sometimes against the tide and sometimes against the wind (let's hope not both at the same time!) and there's always at least a little chop and bumpy water. The winds should be fairly light tomorrow so that it isn't too difficult. On the back side of the island, it's a lot of shallow and some marshiness - lots of birds and less boats because of the shallowness. I'm going to try to get some pictures while we're out and share. B)

Kayaking was something I began doing just a couple of years after losing 130 pounds and I was still in shock and awe about how changing my body changed my life. I was still in the land of 'firsts.' I didn't go very far on that first trial run to see if I'd like it - like maybe a half mile - but I really loved it from that day. And....I knew, without a doubt, that I'd have never tried it when I was really heavy. I could have, there are plenty of paddlers that are heavier - I just wouldn't have. And I felt liberated with that 'first' of something I would not have done at 300 pounds.
  • veryhotmails
    veryhotmails Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Sorry I couldn't get weighed as issues with the scale so pls let's take my last weight
    So..
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Check-In
    FRIDAY: 🟢/🟡
    Overall, it was a good day! Lots of cardio! Huge progress on a Scary-Behind Project! 😀
    Calories: 🟢 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟢
    Exercise 🟢
    Friday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ 🟢
    - Weights ❌
    Stretch/Yoga 🟢
    Martial Arts Breathing 🟢
    Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟢
    Other Goals
    - Scary-Behind-Project #1 - Scouts - Do at least ONE item from my task list links, and then CELEBRATE 🟢🟢
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) 🟢
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE 🟢
    - Declutter something in the garage and then CELEBRATE 🟢
    - Housecleaning 🟢
    SATURDAY Goals
    So far, so good! 😀
    Saturday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ ⚪
    - Weights ⚪
    Stretch/Yoga ⚪
    Martial Arts Breathing ⚪
    Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟢
    Other Goals
    - Scary-Behind-Project #1 - Scouts - Do at least ONE item from my task list links, and then CELEBRATE ⚪
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) ⚪
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE 🟢
    - Declutter something in the garage and then CELEBRATE ⚪
    - Housecleaning 🟢
  • mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Username: mlhopp93
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW (5/30/20): 345.0
    Week 1 Check in weight (6/6): 344.0 -1.0
    Week 2 Check in weight (6/13):
    Week 3 Check in weight (6/20):
    Week 4 Check in weight (6/27):
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday check in and Friday catch up!!

Sadly, I didn't go on the bike ride yesterday - bike was good but the pal was not available. We'll go the week of 15June, I'm going to be at the coast all this coming week. Home of the Sketchy Scale. I've decided that this is just a thing - a hunk of glass and gizmos - and I have given it too much importance. It's one of many tools, nothing more and nothing less, and I am using this time to work on embedding that perspective firmly in my mind. So I'm going to manually log whatever the SS has to say to me each morning and let that be the end of it. Good, bad or indifferent. Wish me luck on enlightenment, pals!!!! :D

Friday - cals over by 332; not over what was allowed by exercise calories but over the 1300 goal. I made a decision before chips and cheese that I was ok with that. => Water over and 2 good walks as well as a busy day with lots of moving so the steps were good.

My food is all planned and pre-logged for today, that was something that I did not do yesterday. I'm ok with yesterday but I can also see that I didn't plan well...I navigated around it but it's good to recognize a first, tiny blip that has in the (sometimes not too distant) past led to chaos. It didn't and won't but as I continue to watch my habits - being my own coach and my own detective - I see it and give it a nod of recognition. When I am done with this post, I am going to log for tomorrow, it's one of the best things I can do for me!!

Pretty excited for the kayaking tomorrow! We're alI ready and will go early to beat the wind. I was a little worried yesterday that the sciatica was going to maybe make it a painful time but today has been much better; seems the car ride yesterday was aggravating. @Katmary71 I bet you know exactly what I mean. I'm quite lucky that it isn't a daily thing but it is edging up there and I'll need to start back with the chiropractor.

@gwamajtw91 excellent weigh in, way to go!!
    @AustinRuadhain I love the candy story! YES - taking those small steps were the foundation of the excellent job you did in self transformation! You have a pretty amazing story, yourself, and I have really been watching how vigilant you are with food, tracking and keeping the habits doable and consistent. I think that has helped chip away at any notion I may have had about 'finishing' the Project of Me. Yeah - gonna continue to be a work in progress.
    @2020shih @justkris_gettingfit @cornanda we all have these weeks - I, myself, had several between April and May. Just wanted to mention that, provide some solidarity thoughts and let you know we're all behind you!! =>
    @cherrymajoni and @digger61 congrats on hanging GREEN, guys!, way to go!
    @mrmcgrath I call this a good weigh in!! I'd probably do the same with the cals logging - I'm thinking what a neat opportunity to really be able to delve into the points/food as bumped up against calories! You'll have such a finely tuned perspective that will be invaluable when you use it with all of your other data! One thing is for certain - when you keep data and then take the time to review it and analyze it, it will show you areas of success to continue or areas of improvement needed.
    @trooworld so happy for you for the loss but I get the disappointment, too. You have done so many great things for yourself and consistently showed up like a boss! The noodles will come and go (and hopefully always be tasty) but the water they cause will go away shortly. =>
    @vegan4lyfe2012 chiming in on the 'hang in there, friend' as you know you can get into the boot and kick BOOTY!!
    @camillasmith1987 no spreadsheet skills required! If they were, I'd certainly be in sad shape! If I haven't already said it - WELCOME!!
This discussion has been closed.