SHRINKING ASSETS Team Chat - June 2020

Replies

• peachplace
    peachplace Posts: 67 Member
    Argh I gotta get my stuff together.. late weigh in again..

PW 250
    CE 250

Considering it was my first week back at work and trying to get into a new routine. This doesn’t disappoint me much.. but I really need to get going on some losses!!
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Iamworthy14
    Monday’s
    PW 164.8
    CW 161.6

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    @LaurieWrobo did you try the streak reset tool already? That has always worked for me if I lost my streak for some reason. https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032624931-My-login-days-in-a-row-counter-is-incorrect-How-do-I-fix-this-

Foods I don't know about, but about the streak I'll say this. I was very skeptical when @Beka3695 said she reset her streak last year and it was a good thing. I ended up not logging in and resetting my streak earlier this year during the burnout debacle, and I have to agree with Beka. It's hard to explain, but I feel somehow much more free to make new good choices every day, the streak isn't weighing me back even though all my old data (including the times my weight jumped back up) are still there.

I understand it's upsetting, but could you try to look at it as an opportunity to reinvent yourself a little? I hope you don't leave us! Besides, who's gonna win? A malfunctioning server/website or you? Don't let it be the tech.

• WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    WishfulThinning18
    Sunday
    PW: 262.6
    CW: 257.4

Last week was just a hiccup for you! You lost TWICE your gain. That is amazing. Way to regain focus and get right back to it!!! You are so close to the sub 250 chapter!

Thanks. Got angry.. took it out on my Peloton lol
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Wow....I can finally get into this app after 3 days; unbelievable.....I think I'm quitting after this month

Yeah I’ve been having problems getting into the community too. But seems ok today so hopefully it’s fixed.

• Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    Weigh in Monday
    Curvybaja55
    PW 173
    CW 172.4
    I am also having problems with the system my exercise from fitbit is not crossing over to my fitness pal. Hope everyone have a great day.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,262 Member
    Nope not ok today now this is the first time since this morning that I could get in again😡😡
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Good morning fit fam!

What does everyone have in store for today?

My plan:
    Follow my mod IF MOE that I’ve used for a few months
    Have a lite, early dinner
    Meet a friend at 6 for an evening walk.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,262 Member
    Happy Tuesday!!
    Sposed to get rain today from Cristobal, hoping to get walk in before it rains, then Barre class after dinner tonight in person as my studio opened last week....so happy about that!!!♥️😘
  • hipari
    Good afternoon!

So far the day has been pretty good, except my weight, even my trendweight, went up today. I believe it's digestion issues instead of fat gain, but still annoying. I had lunch with my friend who I haven't seen since March, which was great. She brought her baby too, and the kid has grown so much!

It's my second day back at the office, and things are slowly starting to feel normal again. It's amazing how much better I can focus at the office, and how much less I feel like snacking. It's already almost 5PM here and it feels like I could sit here for at least two hours to focus on work. I'm not going to stay that long though, I have gym plans today. It's leg day, and then I have to take my wobbly tired post-workout legs to the post office to pick up my new external monitor for my desk at home so I can still take some remote work days.
  • hipari
    hipari wrote: »
    Good afternoon!

So far the day has been pretty good, except my weight, even my trendweight, went up today. I believe it's digestion issues instead of fat gain, but still annoying. I had lunch with my friend who I haven't seen since March, which was great. She brought her baby too, and the kid has grown so much!

It's my second day back at the office, and things are slowly starting to feel normal again. It's amazing how much better I can focus at the office, and how much less I feel like snacking. It's already almost 5PM here and it feels like I could sit here for at least two hours to focus on work. I'm not going to stay that long though, I have gym plans today. It's leg day, and then I have to take my wobbly tired post-workout legs to the post office to pick up my new external monitor for my desk at home so I can still take some remote work days.

OK, I did some nerd sheet magic and I have to update you guys on some info, maybe you find it useful too... I put in 5 weeks of scale weight data and graphed it in two different ways. The insight from this nerding was that the highest weight of my week is always on Monday and/or Tuesday (unless there's a party involved), and while the high is always lower than the previous week, it's also always higher than what the lowest number of the previous week was.

So, from here I can draw two conclusions:
    1) There is something about my weekends that causes water retention weight spikes in the beginning of the week
    2) My trend is still clearly indicating a weight loss and there's no need to worry about this slight increase in trendweight

Interestingly, I also noticed that every single week (5 weeks) my lowest weights of the week were on Thursdays and Saturdays. These nerd insights are pretty fun, now I'm almost looking forward to gather more data for more nerding!
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Anyone else developing social anxiety from being isolated so long? I am both incredibly excited to see friends and family and very nervous! I feel like I have forgotten how to talk to people. :D

I didn't work out yesterday, but I played tennis for 60 minutes in 90 degree heat, so I think with how much I sweat that should count as a work-out :)
  • Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    @guitargirl55 I am the opposite I had a melt down because I had to work thru the crisis and was so scared to leave the house. But with the help of a therapist I am ok. When you see your friends and family there is so much to chat about all those feelings will be forgotten.
  • samuel860
    samuel860 Posts: 41 Member
    Samuel860
    Week 2, Tuesday
    PW: 205 lbs
    CW: 203.4 lbs
    Well well well it took me 1.5 weeks to come back on track after those huge meals.... let's do it
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Appetite VS Hunger

I struggle with appetite a lot! I have a sweet tooth that desires attention. On a regular basis I have to say 'you are bored, you are not hungry.'

Today has been totally different. I have been HUNGRY. Not sure what has spiked this hunger but it is real. How do I know it is real? Because I just went to the fridge and dished out a bowl of sautéed veggies from Saturday and ate them cold. There were chocolate chip cookies on the counter - I passed them with no issue along with the bread I baked Sunday night.

Anyone else have a random onset of hunger? Ever pinpointed the cause?
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    hipari wrote: »
    So, from here I can draw two conclusions:
    1) There is something about my weekends that causes water retention weight spikes in the beginning of the week
    2) My trend is still clearly indicating a weight loss and there's no need to worry about this slight increase in trendweight

Yeah, it’s pretty normal for me too that Monday is often the “high point” weightwise, after the weekend. Long term is what counts 😀
  • hipari
    UGH my weight still didn’t come down, even after my nerding session yesterday assured me it would... I guess having a sushi lunch with lots of sodium and a leg workout gave me some extra water retention. I also had a real hunger (not just appetite) last night, so my evening meal was extra heavy. I’m just so ready to go down again.

Repeating this again to myself: this isn’t about seeing a constant loss on the scale, this is about making healthy choices an forming good habits. I did log everything, stay at deficit every day and go to the gym yesterday, so it is just water retention and digestion issues. The weight loss will come.
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Anyone else have a random onset of hunger? Ever pinpointed the cause?

Not often since I started eating the way I do now (liberal LCHF & IF), but when I do feel hunger it is usually some combination of:

A) What I last ate. If I eat processed carbs, it can trigger hunger (sugar rush/crash cycle), while when I eat meals with plenty of protein, healthy fats, wholefoods, etc i am less likely to feel hunger.

This was really obvious after I’d been low carb for about 3 months and ate one piece of bread at a workshop - was absolutely starving within about 30mins.

B) whether I ate enough at my last meal. As I do intermittent fasting, I make sure when I do eat I eat a lot, otherwise it is harder to fast, more likely to feel hunger.

C) stress (too much) and sleep (not enough) etc can also have an impact.

Before I started eating how I do now, I used to get “hangry” quite a bit. And, back in the days when I did CICO, continuous calorie deficit, would often be hungry by mealtimes, needing to eat every few hours (breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner...) and would be absolutely famished after an intense workout. I used to think I just had to get used to feeling hungry, as I thought it was necessary (willpower!) to be able to lose weight and keep it off. So it’s quite eye opening when I consider the difference - how hungry I used to get holding out a few hours between meals, while with IF I can go a few days without eating and not feel the same kind of hunger.
This discussion has been closed.