MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in to say ‘Hey!’

It’s my work weekend again already (my weekends off never go this slow) so I’ll be a hermit for the next 3 days. I walk a ton at my console so I always do well in Fitbit challenges, plus I get lost of activity points in WW.

I’m on the green plan and so far, so good. It is super hard to not graze mindlessly…I just enjoy snacking, probably why my weight loss has stalled. I also wanna eat bad things lol! I’m not the biggest fan of raw veggies but they are healthy and zero points so I’m going to give it the old college try.

Now, where I’m from: born and raised in Akron, Oh. Moved to central NC 15 years ago at the ripe old age of 20. I’m between Raleigh and Fayetteville and live about 5 mins away from Raven Rock State Park which is awesome. Hubs and I are looking to move to the mountains when we get closer to retirement.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • justkris_gettingfit
    justkris_gettingfit Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Username: justkris_gettingfit
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 178.6
    Todays Weight: 177.8
  • 2020shih
    2020shih Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Username- 2020shih.
    Week 2.
    Weigh in day -Saturday
    Previous weight-150.
    Todays weight-152.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda LOL yes!!! Thank you, have a wonderful weekend too! Congrats on a great loss woo hoo!!!

I'm glad my week starts over today and it's a new chance to start fresh and get it "right". We are attending a virtual game night over Zoom with another couple tonight which should be fun. It is also the night of our splurge menu item: I'm making bacon burgers with caramelized onion and air-fryed french fries. I'm really looking forward to it, it's a recipe I saw on Cook's Country TV show and it looked so good!!! We haven't been eating much meat lately, so this really is a splurge.

Friday
    Calories: over/under: exactly even!
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stick to my points budget, 52+ oz of water
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    Username:Trooworld
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 230.8
    Todays Weight: 231.8

I knew it!!! Gah. Hopefully next week will be better.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Friday check in... lots of steps (for me, anyways), decent meals and bad snacking.

My parents came out to visit since I am flying solo this week and brought grilled chicken salads. It was good to sit and visit with them. I have had human interaction everyday at work but nothing in the evenings except text and phone calls from the spouse and kids. I am not complaining, in the least, but it sure did surprise me to see how fast I could revert to hermit mode. I really made it a point to cook healthy meals for myself. In the past, I would just snack all night instead of cooking. However, I did notice my willingness to grab and snack was more prevalent even after eating a healthy fulfilling meal. I was not hungry. I was just alone and the skittles were in the house.

For the week:
    Becoming a hermit: fail
    Healthy meals: win
    Skittle attack: fail

The weekend will be the hardest but I have made a to-do list of things to accomplish and plan to keep busy. And, I put the skittles out of eye sight. Hopefully I will forget they are in the house.
  • mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Username: mlhopp93
    PW (5/30/20): 345.0
    Week 1 Check in weight (6/6): 344.0 -1.0
    Week 2 Check in weight (6/13): 344.0 0.0
    Week 3 Check in weight (6/20):
    Week 4 Check in weight (6/27):
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @gwamajtw91- weekends are hard. Recently I ate whatever I wanted all day Sat and logged every bite. What an eye opener. It gave me some motivation to work on that bad habit. I also hate 4-6 pm. Why am I so hungry then?! And it's easy to sneak in some bites while getting supper ready. Hang in there!

@bethanie0825 - glad to see you are in the Southeast party with us!

@trooworld- enjoy that burger for all it's worth today and then get started a new week.

@mrmcgrath - skittle attacks are hard to resist. Stay strong!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,789 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Previous Weight: 205
    Todays Weight: 205
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi, I am on this team but fail spectacularly at spreadsheets. No change this week 134lbs.

Don't worry! You do not need to go anywhere near the dreaded spreadsheets :grimace: - just post your weights and it is all taken care of. More important is to join in the discussions, share as needed, and keep on the journey! Your weigh-in day is MONDAY, so be sure to post your new weight then. Every week. Thanks!
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I did a weigh in today.
    130.8 lbs

I do not know how to enter that into the spreadsheets.
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    doutri2 wrote: »
    I did a weigh in today.
    130.8 lbs

I do not know how to enter that into the spreadsheets.

No problem @doutri2 - the captains/moderators have the spreadsheet covered. Thanks for checking in - and nice loss!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 258
    Todays Weight: 258
  • 2020shih
    2020shih Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    After having yet another weight gain this week .I really need to pull my big girls pants firmly up.
    1. starting 5k today.
    2. no snacking after dinner.
    3. watch this space for a loss on the scales next week .fingers crossed .
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09

The number is data - hope your scale weighing is going well.

;c-45068771"]raleighgirl09
    Sunday check in

Up early with coffee and a bit of slouch on the couch time; I really love that in the mornings. => Sketchy Scale got me a bit this morning. I stepped on ohhh-soooo-gingerly and - it was way low. I thought, oh no, I outsketched the scale! So I hopped on. Way (weigh) high. Oh dear....I had done it, I had let the darn thing be in my head before I got on it which is exactly the opposite of the planned behavior. So I waited and then just got on in a regular way and we came to an agreement. After I did that a few times.

Tomorrow - I vow that I will just step on the thing and be done with it. I mean, this behavior is just crazy town (side bar; I once described hubby and myself as crazy train hurtling toward crazy town and it was a roll of the dice on any given day as to who was which). I am not doing the crazy tomorrow.

I haven't been a part of the Tiny Habits stuff.....I mean, I want to but in the same kind of way that I want to do crafts and then I actually buy the stuff but never do the craft; I have to make myself walk away from craft ideas now because I know what will happen. Well, anyway, I have decided on a Tiny Habit I will do with my nemesis, Sketchy Scale. And I'm going to completely ignore the fact that it's crazy that I named it and gave it a personality. Whateves. This may not be exactly right because I didn't bother to read the directions or back of the cereal box, I'm just mimicking.
    1. Remind myself that the scale is a thing, a tool - no more and no less
    2. Tell myself something positive about my actions, food and exercise from the day before
    3. Say out loud "the number is data, not a definition of me as a person"
    4. Step on the scale like a regluh Joe - once
    5. Get off the scale with an acceptance of the number and record it in Fitbit
    6. Acknowledge negativity if it snarks up in my brain but then remind myself that this is just a habit thought and I don't have to believe it
    7. Drink coffee

@apple852hk wowieWOW WOW! Awesome weigh in and reading your actions - I can see how you accomplished that! You must feel awesome and waking up with energy that is sustained and can take you through the day....? PRICELESS
    @vegan4lyfe2012 what a terrific day, I'm so happy for you! I hope you have an amazingly lovely and peaceful Sunday![/quote]

• apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 2 - June 2020 Sunday
    PW 147 (66.6kg)
    CW 148 (67kg)

Gained - not much but I don't know why today put on a little weight.

Gone for 2hr long walks on Tuesday and Thursday. 3 hour long distance on Friday. Maybe I gained weight as didn't go for a walk yesterday.

Brought higher cocoa content chocolate and ate some but not devoured the packet.

Been eating nuts as a salad topper for meals.

Didnt eat hot cross bun all week until yesterday for breakfast. Maybe that's why I've gained weight.

Tried yeast flakes but I don't think they have cheese taste. Will try eating it with evert meal to find out.

Walked every morning 30 mins.

Only drinking one coffee in the morning.

GOALS
    1. Walk every morning to allotment for exercise.
    2. Drink less coffee

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy all the teams are over 50% this week!! Keep up the good work everyone! :star:B):star:

0s1ru26wfr6i.png
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    fsbpv5hzky9x.gif
    w53saie7icxj.png
    oq5h25fbmbqm.png
    nhlas5xwjpdi.png

WEEK 2

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Waistaways 0.38%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibes 0.31%