WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5 Linda, I've been thinking about you a lot this week, especially about what a difference your gym opening back up is going to make for you. I've been lucky because my boot camp has live Zoom classes so the trainers can see us and correct our form and all of that. I really need someone seeing and interacting with me and have never been very good at video workouts. Lots of people are but, for some reason, not me. I'm happy you will have a couple of normal paycheques too. That'll make the 4th of July more of a celebration for you. I'm so relieved that things are getting closer and closer to our new normal.
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @Cafelelia I love it when you mention Toronto. I honestly have not been keeping up with the press conferences because you are now my CBC, especially when you mention Kim's Convenience. For those of you who don't know the show, it's about a Korean-Canadian family who run a convenience store. Since I live a short block away from Koreatown in Toronto, it's the only type of convenience store we have. I actually know the people at the two nearest stores quite well.

Here's a fun story. Don't get confused by the Wendys. (I'm going to refer to one of them as 'my' Wendy just to keep things straight.) My international student, Wendy, who is from Vietnam, is so enamoured with Korean pop culture that she chose her English name Wendy based on a K-pop star named Wendy. This celebrity is known by the single name Wendy, kind of like Prince.

Anyway, the star Wendy moved from South Korea to go to high school just outside of Toronto and so my Wendy followed in her footsteps moving here for her final two years of high school in North Toronto. Then, when my Wendy chose where to live when she started college, she chose my house because of its proximity to Koreatown. When the singer Wendy performed in Toronto last year, my Wendy got the best seat in the house and ended up seated near Wendy the celebrity's mother and other relatives. When I asked her why she was going to the concert alone, she said that she didn't want anyone to take her attention away from Wendy. She is obviously a super fan. :blush:
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I cannot thank Pam enough for being such an awesome captain! You have always been there for us and I have so enjoyed working with you this past year (almost)! I hope that you take this summer to focus on yourself, Jim and your family!! I will miss you and am so glad that you are sticking with the team!!

I am also very fortunate that Theresa decided to co-captain with me!! Theresa, I have always loved your positivity and your posts in general! I was also thrilled to find a fellow Torontonian on MFP, and together, we will be a dynamic, Canadian duo!

Big virtual hugs to you both!!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 good for you Pam! You have done a fantastic job! Thank you so much! And @1theresamcvean Theresa how wonderful of you to step in to help Lisa with captain duties. This team has been truly blessed!!!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    qkky7e8b8uk8.jpeg
    Had to share a picture of me taking a break In the gravity chair.
    Cleaned out the fridge and made an amazing taco salad with all the leftovers. Including yummy chipotle bitchin sauce as a dressing. Has anyone tried that?
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well Thanks for your words of support. I have not heard of bitchin sauce and would like to know more. Also, what was the other one...crunchy, spicy, something-or-another, that you said was a bit pricey but worth it? I'd like to order some. BTY, love your rainbow lights.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    z4qim6ejfcte.jpg
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @sleepymom5 you have been such a terrific, supportive captain and I will miss you in that role but am glad you are staying with the team and especially happy you are taking time to spend with Jim. His recovery is such a wonderful blessing. Xoxo
    @1theresamcvean thank you for stepping into the co-captain shoes. I have enjoyed getting to know you on our team and look forward to your greater role with Team WNM.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @sleepymom5 you have been such a terrific, supportive captain and I will miss you in that role but am glad you are staying with the team and especially happy you are taking time to spend with Jim. His recovery is such a wonderful blessing. Xoxo
    @1theresamcvean thank you for stepping into the co-captain shoes. I have enjoyed getting to know you on our team and look forward to your greater role with Team WNM.

Thanks, Nancy. I've learned so much from you, including intermittent fasting in a somewhat more moderate way. I was worried that I couldn't do it at all and then you chronicled the way you approached it and I wasn't afraid to try it out. I'm really happy I did.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @kirsten11872 Amazing loss and for the second week in a row. After all you have been through in your area with the severity of Covid, homeschooling, and everything else, you must feel great!
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 I read your message with my breath held until I saw you were staying with the team - so pleased to hear that! Thank you for all you have done in the leader role, and happy to know you are taking time for yourself and your family. Much love to you x
    And @1theresamcvean Yay! Congratulations on the promotion!!!! So glad you have stepped into the role x
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 I was getting really nervous and scared while reading your post. I thought you were gonna say that you were leaving and I don't think I could handle that cause you're one of the people here that I am most comfortable with. I love everyone here, but I'm such a shy, nervous person with so much anxiety, that it's hard to feel comfortable around almost everyone. 😥 But SO GLAD to hear that you're not leaving the team! Phew!

Also, I LOVE Daisy!! She is beautiful! Is she a Golden Doodle?
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 I am so glad you are staying with the team. I have learned a lot from your posts about weight control and life. Enjoy your time with Jim and the family, you have earned some time off from being team captain.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    xX_phoenixrising_Xx
    Weigh in: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW 253.3 (114.9 kg)
    CW 251.5 (114.1 kg)

Not bad given my migraine/eye and face pain all week. I barely did any exercise, although I was stretching/yoga as much as I could manage. Today is much better.
This discussion has been closed.