SHRINKING ASSETS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    This morning, my routine was broken in a good way. The construction site across the street starts work at 7am and I wake up to the sounds of literally blowing up the ground and metal equipment hitting rocks. Not today - they just turned on the radio! It's still annoying to wake up to loud radio, but better than an explosion. I choose to believe that a better wake-up leads to better decisions for the day.

Another positive thing this morning: the sunburn is starting to heal, I managed to sleep pretty well, I can move my shoulder without squealing in pain and putting on a shirt didn't hurt. There's hope for going to the climbing park today!

I'm so ready to see 96 in front of my weight instead of the 97 I've been stuck in since the end of May, and to leave the 98 to the past.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I braved the scale this morning. Not at all pretty. Really hoping I can get my head back in the game and start making better choices.

@hipari I hope your sunburn is all healed soon and you get to go climbing! I live next to a building site, too. Luckily mine doesn't start until 8am (rules here in residential areas) so doesn't affect my wake up. Really got to me during the peak of lockdown, though.

Sorry, I'm writing this pre coffee as I wanted to make sure I got it done and my sleepy brain cant remember the details from the previous page..... I'll be back :)
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 hows the new week going? Thanks for posting about your weekend and well done for not breaking the sobriety.

@iamworthy14 hows your week going?

@biketheworld keep going! The results will come if you keep on at it. sorry to hear about your trip/rides being cancelled.

I've had a week and a half of eating my feelings and it NEEDS to stop. The last two months have been inconsistent but I've been kind to myself given everything going on. But this spiral is not okay. 7 weeks today I'll (hopefully) be on my way to the UK and that is my (vain) motivation to get back on it!

First day in my favourite office since March 12th today. Really looking forward to being back and for the 45 minute walk up something like 60 flights to get there and 40 min walk home downhill all the way :) packing lunch and being away from the fridge and temptations will do me good... unless the office is snack filled 😅

Going to try again to log a full day today....

• floecity
    floecity Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    floecity
    Friday
    PW: 224
    CW: 223

Sorry I’m very late!!
  • Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    weigh in
    curvybaja75
    PW 172.2
    CW 175
    I was so shocked I had to weigh again, first time I have a gain and not a loss. :'(
  • Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @boehle I hope your mom receive good results, our thoughts and prays are with you and your family.
  • hipari
    Options
    @kilobykilo I made it to climbing! Sunburn was no longer an issue with the safety harness, and now I have a whole new set of injuries (bruises and scratches) in different areas of my body, just to keep things balanced...

@boehle keeping fingers crossed for your mom, hopefully everything is fine.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PW: 157.6
    CW: 159.6

Well, my carbs showed up from the weekend trying to get past my migraine🤨😡
    Sorry.....
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 great idea - I love it!

@boehle - so sorry to hear about your mom. I can imagine how worried you are. Keep us posted.

I’m going to make good choices today - I can feel it!

• samuel860
    samuel860 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Samuel860
    Week 4, Tuesday
    PW: 204 lbs
    CW: 205 lbs

Not good , this month was not good I hope to do better next week , I must continue
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. My moms results weren't ideal but they weren't horrible. The tumor in her brain has moved but they aren't overly concerned. She'll do checks every 3 months instead of every 6.
    She has some swallowing issues so she'll see a speech therapist for them to evaluate that.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    WHOA -- heck of a week and its just Wednesday!!!

How has everyone been doing?
    Anyone with anything wonderful to tell us?
    What are your thoughts on the new LTD line?

I feel like our team could use a little more motivation at the moment. Would anyone like to volunteer to step in as a MOTIVATOR? If you have team challenge ideas, food/fitness motivation ideas or recommendations -- you could be the new lifeblood of our team.

Any takers??
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @WishfulThinning18 - so glad your family intro went well!!! I told my husband if we ever divorce I get to keep his mom 🥰
    I understand how you feel!!!

Let us know how the second family meeting goes!
  • hipari
    Options
    @Beka3695 can you share more about the motivator thing, either here or pm? Lately I’ve been struggling with my own motivation, but found that writing here on the forums helps me keep myself motivated, so this might be a good fit. Would also force me to stay committed.

I’m pretty super annoyed with my weight right now, but yesterday I did some research and found both sunburns and bruises can cause significant fluid retention just like muscle soreness from workouts. My scale says my fat percentage is going down even though my weight isn’t, so I’m hoping this is just a case of holding on to water and I can expect a whooosh soon.

After the climbing session on Tuesday, I’m considering if I should take climbing or something similar up as a regular hobby. I was in the park for 3,5 hours, climbing and going on the rope courses with my friends, and it was so fun it didn’t even feel like a workout. Every muscle in my upper body, including my fingers, is still sore. I love going to the gym but could never do a 3-hour gym workout, and I think climbing worked more small muscles than the gym does. My aerial acrobatics course was already postponed to fall because of the pandemic, but it might still be fun to add another new sport to the mix and start treating the gym as complementary exercise.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @hipari I’ll message you on IG. It seems to be more reliable lately 🤪
This discussion has been closed.