Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Cafelelia
    Friday
    PW - 153.7
    CW - 153.1
    LTD - 15.7 lbs

I will just take any loss, so am happy with this. The grad party for our son was a lot of fun last night and the cake was delicious!

@tryingagain5 - That is great that you are back to having sessions with your trainer. Water was always a challenge for me, but I managed to up my intake earlier this year. I found just gradual increases worked, as well as having bottles filled in the fridge ahead of time.

@hope002 - Beautiful flowers and scenery! You look fantastic!

@annliz23 - Thanks for posting that quote, I love it!

@mrsbell8well - Post photos of your haircut, & the cupcakes!
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Week 4

Pw: 165.8
    Cw: 163.6

-2.2lbs

Sorry for not being supportive and posting more. Just too much going on and typing at night on my phone is a major pita ;(
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,460 Member
    edited June 2020
    Thursday check in
    Food - On target forgot to log dinner
    Water - 64 0z
    Exercise - 60 min walk

Whoo Hoo! Back in Onderland finally!! I have had a good week. I have been doing well with focusing on my hunger scale and I am going to keep that up this week. I need it to be ingrained in my brain!

I am trying to get things up and running here at the shore. The weather is beautiful so it is slow going since I would rather be doing other things lol! We didn't end up going to the Tiki bar which I am happy about. My daughter had an unexpected zoom meeting so it worked out well. Today we are having some relatives over for a bay day. We have an autistic 17 year old nephew who loves coming here. He loves to push his older cousins in the bay Lol! We have plenty of room to be socially distant here and there won't be too many of us.

@1theresamcvean Nice loss! I think as long as you are going down or staying the same it is good. Your comment to me made me lol! You're right! Why did I go ruin everything and clean :smiley: I have lost entire posts too, it is so frustrating! Lol! I am glad that the noise was a little better yesterday and hopefully it will be the same today too. Love that your neighbor got some music going on your block. You have a great neighborhood! I remember you had some musicians sharing their talents during the quarantine. I love your tea set up too! Have that ready when I get myself to Toronto ;)
    @pacsnc6 Thank you for the update. I know that wasn't the news you were hoping for but even though the tumor didn't shrink, the rest of the news is all positive. Sounds like you have a good team around you and a good plan going forward. Hugs to you my friend.
    @GingerPwr I love when your accent gets into your writing! Lol! I will make a point today to eat the rainbow! I went shopping yesterday so I can actually do it!!
    @ljdanny Hey, the scale is moving in the right direction so give yourself a pat on the back!
    @nstephenson01 Hopefully it is nothing but I think you should get that chest tightness and SOB checked out. That doesn't sound good. I am glad that it did seem to go away but I would at least run it by your doctor.
    @podperson1 I can understand why you would be a little apprehensive about things opening up. Just remember, you need to feel safe so just do what you are comfortable with. Hopefully work will honor that.
    @Mrsbell8well I would love a celebratory dessert that you cooked Lol! I live close enough to take you up on that Lol!
    @Cafelelia I hope the graduation party went well last night! I would have saved calories for the cake too! Sounds delicious!
    @annliz23 Love that post!! So true!
    @hope002. I thought we lost you! Love the pictures! You looks so fit and beautiful! Love all your plants too. I remember how beautiful your deck was from last year. I think you did a winter/summer post in the winter.
    @tryingagain5 I am glad you are back with your trainer. He seems like a good one. Don't beat yourself up, just move forward. You got this!
    @lennoncpa I think you are so close to your goal that you are probably going to be losing very slowly. You really are doing so great!
    @lenka1 Nice loss! You are doing fantastic! Don't worry about posting, we love to hear from you but it is more important for you to take care of yourself and those adorable little girls! xo
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    hope002
    Friday
    PW 175.7
    CW 173.9
    LTD 46.5 (in 11 months)
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    qrtousr4q98h.png

We move to our July thread on Sunday, June 28th and our new thread is up. Please take a moment to post an introduction there. Here is the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10801605/weight-no-more-team-chat-july-2020#latest

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    @tryingagain5 I am glad your back with your trainer. I am right in there with you and the weight gain. I had a brilliant idea after Wednesday's weigh in. I decided NOT to weigh! ;) The last 3 days have been wonderful. No diet mentality for me. I am curious but not that curious. I need a scale break for just a little bit. Plus I have a chocolate cupcake setting here on my desk waiting to be eaten. Best chocolate, maybe best ever cupcakes, that I have ever made. The stores were all out of baking cocoa. I finally found a container in the health food section of organic baking cocoa that I had never used before. I will take a picture to post. It's such an amazing chocolate flavor. And I am not a chocoholic but this stuff is so good!
    I have told you all before about my level 10. I decided to work on Romance. I have a fun picnic planned with Molly tonight when I get off work. We have recently been discussing what do we love most? Soup, salad or sandwich??? Of course there is no real answer since it's a 3 way tie! We love them all!!!
    I stayed up much later than I like last night baking cupcakes and preparing for this picnic. I am making a super Yummy Ultimate veggie sandwich (I will post pictures), with Kettle wavy potato chips (a once a year event for me), I also made watermelon lemonade, and made oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies. We are taking a big blanket, a picnic basket and a cribbage board. Maybe I will write a vegan picnic cookbook!
    This stuff doesn't just happen, You have to really want it and make it a reality.
    I have been 100% on with my exercise and sleep. I seem to be needing more sleep than usual.
    @nstephenson01 Nancy happy birthday!!! Love that veggie cake!
    @hope002 how clever of you with your exercise. And I am stunned that you grew all that from seed. Exceptional!
    @sleepymom5 Pam I have a whole sumptuous feast waiting for you!!!

I am feeling pretty tired these days. I have had a bit of a stressful week although I try to take it all in stride.
    Made the tastiest slaw from CSA veggies. Red cabbage, carrot, red onion, kale with a dressing of lemon juice, ACV, vegan yogurt, a little honey and grape seed oil. Topped it with vegan feta. Yummy! I get so excited for meal time.

TGIF!
  • Mrsbell8well
    vma3o3lbpaq6.jpg
    ivkwelerrjwm.jpg
    in7oacwg63ew.jpg

• Mrsbell8well
    the cocoa is equals exchange organic baking cocoa. It comes in a cute blue can.
  • Mrsbell8well
    @1theresamcvean wonderful cake!
    I can't believe we are posting for introductions for July. I thought that was a mistake. I just looked down at my calendar. Hard to believe!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 937 Member
    @Mrsbell8well Love your haircut!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 937 Member
    @sleepymom5 You know I'll have the tea out when you arrive in Toronto! We can bike over to Lisa's through all the neighbourhoods between her house and mine. One thing about Toronto is that each one has it's own personality and they are all pretty welcoming. Except maybe the ones with the big houses with security gates. But I don't know, they could be nice. :wink:

I come from a small town in Ontario and, for a while growing up, we lived in Niagara Falls, which is a surprisingly small city when no tourists are there in the winter. So my relatives all think of inner cities and crime when they think of Toronto. But living and raising kids here is lovely. Toronto is like a series of small towns strung together into one big city.

My son and daughter have so many small-town-big-city stories growing up, like the TTC fare collectors letting them call home from the ticket booth, or people coming out of their houses, who I didn't even know, to say things like, 'Good luck getting your braces off today,' to my daughter. When my son was about 10, and could finally go to the little grocery market at the corner to pick up milk on his own, and the staff up in that room with the windows that looks down on the aisles said in the cutest way, "Hi, Phil!" over the PA system and he's looking all around. Or, in the big blackout in 2003, the same store wouldn't let anyone in but would sell you essentials at the door. Phil, however, got to go in to see what it was like in the dark. Or when we moved into our house in The Annex (which is what they call this neigbourhood) and the older couple who lived next door came to introduce themselves and invite Phil to the theatre because they just loved talking to him about art and film. He was in grade six. I have to tell you, that day that I was a little hurt because I hadn't really gotten to know them yet. We're close friends now, but...small town, big city.

And now that I know all of you ~ small town, big city, small world.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,036 Member
    Team WNM! A new member is coming your way, and is apparently into cycling :smiley:@kristieJC will go to the July thread for an intro and may stop here as well. Enjoy!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Hi team! I haven't been able to access the community in days, I missed you all!

Quick update from me - I am on track, going back into the office for work next week and realised that my work clothes are too big. Went and got some nice jeans on sale today, actually bought a size 14 (US size 10) which are snug but do up, and a half size bigger which fit nicely. Work is smart casual so jeans are okay. My activewear is not 🤣

Been super busy with kids and basketball, this is making me put some rest days into my schedule because I literally can't fit in the gym and still get enough sleep. So I am making the sessions I do really count. I'd like to cycle into work again, but it's been raining a lot here and I have to take my laptop to and from. Possibly in Spring, but I'll see.

I will catch up with posts when I can (if it lets me back in) and I can't believe it's time for the July thread!

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @1theresamcvean
    It was really nice working with the trainer again. It doesn't make much sense that I need that outside influence/motivation.

I know what to do, just have trouble keeping it up on my own.

Hopefully the construction in your neighborhood will be finished soon. Nice that you had someone play some music to try and drown out the construction noise.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @ljdanny

I'm with you on the gyms. Although I'm not really a class person, I do so much better with others around me.

I hope your Zumba class starts soon.
This discussion has been closed.