WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean I’m coming for tea with Pam!
    Our picnic was so delicious, lovely and fun!!!! Pictures soon. Need to get up and bake daughters birthday cake. We’re meeting at an outdoor brewery. I’m making it a 9x13 and placing it in an ice chest. Going to be hot today. Yellow cake with a light spread of yesterday’s leftover chocolate frosting topped with vanilla pudding mixed fresh berries whip cream and more berries. All vegan!
    Have a great weekend everyone!!!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @podperson1

It's funny how hard something is when you haven't done it for a while. Glad you stuck with it.

Hope your counseling session goes well.

I find it harder to open up in person with someone I don't know but easier when I'm typing something online. It's strange, I know but that's how it works for me.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @nstephenson01

Hope you can figure out what's causing your issue and that you feel better.

Happy belated birthday!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @cafelelia

Yes, water is a good goal to start with for the challenge from my trainer. Once I do well with that then he will give me something else to work on and we'll build back up from there.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    Thanks. You're right, beating myself up isn't going to help anything. I just need to start where I am now.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Sounds like a lot if you were having trouble getting on the site. I did too. Every time I tried yesterday it would say "community unavailable at this time"

I did ok with my water challenge yesterday. I had 8 oz or more before 2 of my 3 meals so I'll count that as being successful for the first day.

Still working on the food and exercise part. Since I'll be working with my trainer regularly again I will get in 30 minutes 3 days a week. It will be up to me to get the exercise in the other days. Time to get back into a routine at the gym.

Not sure if there will be much walking with my neighbor next week. I saw the weather forecast and the temperatures show 88 degrees with a few days in the 90's.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Maintenance weight 134.8

06/26 steps 16200
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I think I eat more in this hot weather so not expecting much this weigh in but now cooler aim to increase my workouts using weights.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @timibotkin
    Great loss! Keep it up!

Yes, getting back into the gym regularly will help. Alex definitely pushes me hard and keeps me accountable.
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    @nstephenson01
    Happy Belated birthday! Hope it was a great one!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Saturday check in
    Food - on target
    Water - 1.8l
    Exercise - 25 min run, 9,159 steps
    I was just like a deflated balloon yesterday with school ending. Also, as we emerge from lockdown into Phase 2, it made me look back at how long it lasted, the challenges, the worries etc. It was nice to have a day with less to do and little to stress about. It felt like a luxury. My younger son and I are off to my mother’s house today, which is a small town about 90 minutes away. I will stay for a few days, but he will stay on for a couple of weeks since most summer camps and our trip has been cancelled. He is looking forward to a change of scene and more spoiling from his grandmother.

I was having trouble signing on for the past few days too. There may be some MFP maintenance work going on. The app is not working, but I am able to connect to the community via the internet.

@timibotkin - Outstanding loss and WW is really working for you! Don’t worry, the cravings will pass. Your garden is amazing! Zucchini are one of my favorite veggies. Those zucchini flowers look tempting too. I like to prepare them in a light panko batter and fry them. They are delicious (although a little heavier on the calories)!

@tryingagain5 - Great job with the water and scheduling your exercise sessions! The incremental changes that you are making will add up.

@annliz23 - Lovely quote, thank you!

@KristieJC - Welcome to the team and we are so happy that you have joined!

@Zumba_Luvah - Amazing loss and you are on a roll!

@brown6267 - Fantastic steps and congratulations on 2 months of being in maintenance (or the goal zone as we like to say)!

@mrsbell8well - Lovely haircut! That is so nice that you arranged that picnic with Molly! I cannot wait to see the photos that and of the birthday cake!

@melaniescott - I am so sorry that you sleep was disrupted by that storm. Hope that you can get some rest today.

@bburrer30 - Don’t worry about posting your weight late, life happens. I am sorry about your grandmother and hope that she is doing ok at the hospice. Hope that you got your water sorted out as well. That bike is gorgeous! I love the colours.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - We missed you too and glad to see that you could get back into the community. So great that your clothes are loose and you had to size down. What an amazing NSV! It is also great that the kids are into full swing with basketball. Some hockey practices have started up here again, but I am still in the honeymoon phase where I am enjoying it and it doesn’t feel too busy yet.

@KUMEcyclingteam - That is such a small gain, clearly it is the water from the river! Your LTD is impressive!

@1theresamcvean - I feel the same way about our city as you do. No place is perfect, but I love where we love and I don’t think that there are many other places I would want to live. It is so funny, I have a very similar story about my older son insisting on buying our milk at our corner store up the street. We are regulars as they sell nice organize milk and I called the owners in advance to let them know that my 10 year old was coming on his own. My younger son turns 10 turns September and is planning his first independent outing around that time.

@hope002 - Nice loss and impressive LTD in 11 months!

@sleepymom5 - Hurray for onederland, congratulations! Hope that you are having a fantastic time at the Shore!

@lenka1 - Fantastic loss! I am just so impressed with your dedication, way to go!

@lennoncpa - I have been loving your photos of your foster dog! Don’t worry about the weight loss pause and I am sure things will get going again soon for you.

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    d2rkzdn9fszt.jpeg

A Few Reminders

Moving
    This thread closes end of day today, so please move to the July thread tomorrow! Here is the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10801605/weight-no-more-team-chat-july-2020#latest

Weekly Step Challenge
    For those of you participating, please post your steps on the July thread for Sunday, June 21st to Saturday, June 27th. I will announce the winners on Monday both for Week 4 and for the month of June.

Week 4 Weigh In Reminders
    We still need weights for @dansip, @ademann1 and @kirsten11872. @JillyBT, you are excused this week, but if you have a weigh in, please post it. Please post your weigh ins today if you can.

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Friday check in
    Food - Not bad
    Water - 64 0z
    Exercise - 45 min walk, Pt, strength and stretching.

Just a quick check in. I will have to catch up with everyone later. All is going well. :)

@nstephenson01 Happy Belated birthday!!
This discussion has been closed.