SHRINKING ASSETS Team Chat - July 2020

Options
Cafelelia
Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
75rzzpg1u3ks.jpeg
Welcome Fat2Fit Challengers!

Here is your Team chat room for July 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695
Lisa - @cafelelia
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @cafelelia
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @mari_moulin

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare
Weight No More - @GingerPwr
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)
Downsizers - open

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leader board.

In an effort to recognize accomplishments, we are using an optional addition to the weigh in format called LOSS TO DATE or LTD. Please just leave this new line off if you do not want to participate. Here is the new format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the elite Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I am Beka, one of your Team Captains and Group Moderator. My counterpart and bestie is Julie, aka @Boehle.

I am 43, married, mom of 2 daughters, Mimi of one amazing grandson, and human mom to 3 fur babies. I usually live in the beautiful mountains of Northern Georgia, but currently residing in Florida as I am acting Nanny to my sweet grandson.

I started my journey 2 years ago at 242 lbs, lost down to 174 and maintained almost 9 months before gaining back to 232. It is only failure if you quit... right???

July Goals:
    - Continue to chip away at the scale
    - Continue to my NEAT or non-exercise activity thermogenesis.
    - Increase my EAT - exercise activity thermogenesis.
    - focus on consistency of steps - A coworker and I have found a system that seems to be working...
    - Continue training for the Peachtree.... which has been rescheduled from July 4th to Thanksgiving Day. June and July will be considered “HEAT TRAINING” being in Florida. Once back in Georgia or the weather cools here, I will start working on time/distance.

If you have not already, feel free to friend me. Please make your diaries open. Your teammates (umm - or me) might want to borrow your ideas that keep you in check.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    @hipari yay for team motivator! You’ll be great.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld thanks! It’s halftime for 2020, so I have some challenge ideas cooking up to make second half better and more successful than the first (tbh, on a global level improving doesn’t take much...).
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Hi team!!! We have a couple new folks to welcome.

You might remember @KelGen02 as a former member. She has decided to come back and hang out with us again. Welcome back Kelly!

We also have @carriestrine to welcome!! I met Carrie on another thread. I think her personality will fit in well with our snarkyness!!

Please say hello and friend these ladies if you would like!
  • hipari
    Options
    Hipari
    Sunday
    PW 215.0
    CW 215.0
    LTD 7.1lbs
  • hipari
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    Hipari
    Sunday
    PW 215.0
    CW 215.0
    LTD 7.1lbs

Kicking things off for the team again as first weigh-in of the month! Not a great result at all, but at least it wasn’t a gain, and my bloat has finally been budging half a pound per day. Hoping for better results next week when the weather cools (I always bloat when it’s hot outside) and I can return to exercising.
  • hipari
    Options
    @KelGen02 and @carriestrine welcome to the group!

I’m 28 and live in Finland with my husband who I married last summer after being together for 12 years. We don’t have kids (yet!) or pets, and live near Helsinki. We bought a new apartment that’s being constucted right now, and we are expecting to move right before Christmas.

As a kid and teenager I was pretty sporty, but when I stopped growing taller I just kept growing wider. I’ve been hovering between 200 and 220lbs for most of my adult life, and my first major goal is to go to one-derland and stay there. I haven’t set an exact end goal weight, it’s likely somewhere in 165-175, but I’m hoping to gain and lose some baby weight before reaching that as a mom.

My July goal is to lose consistently. It doesn’t have to be fast (although that’d be great), but I want it to happen every day. I also want to enjoy summer, eat lots of fresh berries, increase activity levels, and work on my habits. I’m a strong believer in this being a permanent lifestyle change and in improving all aspects of health, not just weight and fitness. To that end, I’m currently working on my skincare routine to include daily sunscreen on my face.

I’m a data nerd and prefer focusing on data trends instead of single weigh-ins, so I follow trendweight and post it as my official Sunday weigh-in. I have some trips planned for July and I’ll likely be away from my scale for at least one, possibly two, Sundays, so I’ll just post an early or late (Saturday/Monday) weigh-in or roll the previous one. I should still be at least somewhat online to chat.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi all, I'm going to start this month as I've started the last 3, maybe 4? By promising myself that I'm drawing a line and getting back to logging and focus. This month hopefully I mean it!

I saw 189.4 yesterday morning..... after avoiding the scales for too long and stress eating all the food and stress drinking all the wine..... I've been desperate to get back to the 170s and start my journey down them but find myself staring the 190s in the face. No!

Academic year done, July brings its own set of challenges but it isn't as hideous as June.... I should hopefully be able to have a more settled working schedule and get back into the office most days.

I'm going to move my weigh in back to Thursday, please. I'm going to use that wake up number as my start weight please. And I'm going to do better!

@hipari yay to the new role!

@Beka3695 whoop to onderland! You're killing it at the moment, well done!

@KelGen02 and @carriestrine welcome!
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    I can feel it.......this is going to be a GOOD month! I’m going to weigh myself every morning. I know lots of experts say not to do that, but it’s so much better for me. I don’t necessarily expect a loss every day, but it holds me accountable if I’m tempted to eat chips or ice cream or donuts etc. Plus, if I have a downward progression but then there’s a day when my weight is up, I don’t freak out, because I know it’s some kind of fluke and will settle back down.

Going to head out on my bike this morning. I’ll ramble around the county roads and aim for 30 to 40 miles.
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    7ledwaxoctrc.gif
    h2qjdjz8vg36.png

crsaqcd5shpw.png
    3cpx0zn54yro.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1. Weight No More 0.59%
    2. Shrinking Assets 0.09%
    3. Mission Slimpossibles 0.03%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1. Weight No More 28.7 lbs
    2. Shrinking Assets 4.8 lbs
    3. Mission Slimpossibles 1.1 lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1. @Ademann1 3.17%
    2. @cassiegetsfit2013 2.62%
    3. @timibotkin 2.17%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1. @timibotkin 6.2 lbs
    2. @Ademann1 6.0 lbs
    3. @cassiegetsfit2013 5.4 lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Beka3695
    @UCGRocks
    @888Angie888
    @raleighgirl09
    @SMcFall0215
    @trooworld
    @missGYST
    @Gidgetgoescrazy
    @Boehle

lo67p88pk1i6.png

• carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    So excited to join this group! I am 34 living in California. After a gradual upward climb my weight peaked this March at 234lb, and I decided my health needed me to make a change. I've tracked on MFP before but never had any real results until now. I guess I had to be ready! Im starting this month at 212.6 lbs.

My goals this month:
    - Exercise 5 days a week, and on rest days stay active (walk, stretch, clean the house whatever)
    - Find and plan healthy snacks to help prevent the 4p wall of hunger.
    - Continue working more vegetables and lean protein into my diet
    - Eat mindfully and create space to enjoy my meals

• Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Property paid for and mom is here now!! Moving will begin ASAP!! July will be nuts!! ♥️💥♥️💥♥️
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    pxb725gg9wzi.jpg
    a8cw9frxm1no.png

4sbcn81i18st.png
    xcyu6ds8wvv6.png
    kd7dd6to9cxk.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1. Trimstones 1.34%
    2. Weight No More 1.28%
    3. WaistAways 1.16%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1. Weight No More 62.3 lbs
    2. Trimstones 58.8 lbs
    3. Downsizers 53.5 lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1. @raleighgirl09 5.29%
    2. @kirsten11872 5.08%
    3. @Emmajhare 4.84%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1. @raleighgirl09 9.8lbs
    2. @kirsten11872 9.1 lbs
    3. @missGYST 9.0 lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @ltopinka84
    @ELENA01
    @destiny_sierra
    @UCGRocks
    @Beka3695
    @unevano
    @lexabeep
    @Beka3695
    @1theresamcvean

d2lvqozqb49g.png

• carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    @Be_theBest_Me I'm moving this weds/thursday too! Worried this week is going to be... a challenge.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    @Be_theBest_Me I'm moving this weds/thursday too! Worried this week is going to be... a challenge.

I'm gonna try to keep prepared snacks and meals ready during this caos!! 🤞🤞I will keep my head on straight. Last 2 days going to Amarillo to get my mom....hahaha ate junk!! Did not drink enough water. I DO NOT LIKE HOW I FEEL!! Gotta focus and do what makes my body happy!!!!
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    8iwvyxlo9lyp.gif

June F2F Milestones

Congratulations @JOYfulNoise89 for making it to twoterland!

And for making it to onederland, congratulations to @chassp8pooh, @Jactop, @Arc130, @Beka3695, @sleepymom5 and @lindamtuck2018!

Well done!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    One more general announcement and you can get on with your team chat!

This week's F2F Challenge is up! Give it a try -

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10801796/july-2020-week-1-challenge-measure-up#latest
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday.....
    I was supposed to go to Vegas on Friday thru following Wednesday, but we cancelled- have to wear masks, even @ pool on 100+ degrees + no frig, no ice, no buffets open....since we are gluten free, choices are limited as we would travel w/some of our food to eat.....
    Totally bummed☹
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    i7ptbs8f98ja.png
This discussion has been closed.