Off-Topic Discussion

Options

Replies

• Satisfiedwithbetter
    Options
    hansep0012 wrote: »
    In the mountainous high desert where I live, the tops of the Aspen trees are just beginning to have touches of gold. The leaves wave and shimmer in the breeze with smell of green chile roasting in the air. Soon, hot air balloons will fill the skies with colors and shapes that mesmerize your senses. I love fall.

I absolutely loved the Albuquerque Ballon Festival last year. I will ride in a HAB one of these days.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    That would be great to see!
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Aah this morning it was -4 degrees Celsius and I had to scrape my trucks windshield😭
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @Satisfiedwithbetter .. wow that looks amazing!🎈
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    @Satisfiedwithbetter thank you for posting your pictures! Balloon glow is awesome and your picture captured the dramatic colors against the darkness - just fabulous!

To the group: Consider this your invite to come join in the annual celebration; it is typically the first two weekends of October and requires advanced booking if you need a flight, hotel or rental car. Folks from all over the world come each and every year to be part of the event.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    @jjlewey have you shared your cruise/vacation story yet? I am anxious to hear about it.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I couldnt figure out where to put this question...

Peanut Butter. I love it. Just now I made myself a PB&J burrito and I got to thinking. I weight out 32 g and I'm done.. however, the knife is still dirty and it's really hard to get all the peanut butter off just by rinsing. Do you guys lick the knife? I sure do! And if there is a little extra on the knife all the better, I feel like a rebel. Lol.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    papayahed wrote: »

Peanut Butter. I love it. Just now I made myself a PB&J burrito and I got to thinking. I weight out 32 g and I'm done.. however, the knife is still dirty and it's really hard to get all the peanut butter off just by rinsing. Do you guys lick the knife? I sure do! And if there is a little extra on the knife all the better, I feel like a rebel. Lol.

I live alone so there's no one to catch me if I do :grin: so yup, I lick the knife sometimes. And the spoon that I use for the jelly, too lol
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    papayahed wrote: »

I put the jar on the scale, tare it, and then take out what I want to use. The negative number reflects the amount I need to record and it includes the amount on the knife that must be licked clean.

My favorite time to eat peanut butter is when I am travelling and I can't weigh it. I know my "single servings" are pretty generous so I definitely understand feeling like a rebel.

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    People with peanut allergies probably like peanut butter!...my newest thing is having a T. of peanut butter with my popcorn at night...I measure it into my spoon and then dip it in the popcorn bowl...the popcorn that sticks to my measuring spoon has a little taste of peanut butter and it lasts longer than eating a spoonful out of the jar!
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,313 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan of peanut butter. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in the world who would be just fine without it. :)
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I agree.....I can take it or leave it.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Well, I can take or leave almost any food but if it’s there, I will eat it lol
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options

@conniewilkins56 ! Popcorn is my other favorite thing!! What a great idea, I'm trying that next.
  • rockconner
    rockconner Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Who WOULDN'T lick the knife?!?
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan of peanut butter. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in the world who would be just fine without it. :)

You are not alone. All though I eat it every once in awhile I could totally live without it.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I do love peanut butter but I love cheese more! All cheeses! Cheddar, Swiss, feta, mozzarella, mascarpone. I love them all and they all love my equally fat behind!
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Me too......I love good cheese....and I find it very hard to moderate. Especially part trays at social gatherings (remember those?).
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Ccricfo wrote: »
    Me too......I love good cheese....and I find it very hard to moderate. Especially part trays at social gatherings (remember those?).

I have had a cheese tray for me sans party! I’ve in the past not been opposed to sitting with a block of cheese and cutting prices off and eating it with crackers until the block is gone. Man I love cheese!

I have by no means cut it out or I would fail miserably. Instead I fit it in everywhere I can! I have worked a bit harder at exercising or walked an extra mile so that I can put a little extra feta on my chicken roll up.