Leslie Sansone July 2020 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME to all walkers, we are walking into the second half of 2020!

We will begin our July Walk Challenge in a day or so, so now is the time to be thinking about our new monthly challenge goals!

This group is open to any and all walkers. Many of us use Leslie Sansone as well as other favorite instructor's walking or workout DVDs, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, or on the treadmill. All of these many options count toward our miles, steps, or minutes.

However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Whenever you are posting what you have accomplished please remember to also share any strength training or other types of workouts that you are doing. We all benefit greatly by learning from one another and getting new ideas.

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

The goal that you choose is your own personal goal for this month πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ“….

If you find this group in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you hope to accomplish during the remaining days of this month. It is never too late to join in 😊 , you are always welcome!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes πŸ‘Ÿ and get our water πŸ₯€... as we begin to walk during July!

Walking together is always so much fun... πŸ˜…β˜€

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:
Β«134567

Replies

• mypinkbikini
    mypinkbikini Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting a new board. My July goals are 10k steps a day- including longer walks on my days off and starting the day with at least 1 happy mile each morning with Leslie on my work days. This is a pretty big goal but the difference in my steps on days off or days working is dramatic and I think starting the day with at least 15 to 20 minutes of stepping can help get me going. Maybe that's the push I will need to hit 10k steps everyday!
  • bacpath
    bacpath Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    July- One LS video per day ( at least 30 mins), 12,000 steps a day AND complete 2 health related audiobooks while walking in nature. Ambitious, yes!
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    July Goals
    Milage goal: 100 miles tracked
    Apple Watch Challenge: Burn 17,600 calories 😳 Wish me luck on that one, ha!
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    It has been raining for days and I woke up feeling like the tin man when I got out of bed. the limbs felt....rusty at the joints so I lubricated them with several cups of coffee on the couch. I had 0 incentive to go out in the rain when I didn't feel like moving at all so I got up and did 90 minutes walking with leslie to get my 10k+ steps and then finished off with a little sweatin to the oldies (richard simmons has some gentle low impact aerobics and does a really nice cool down that helps me stretch well after). I feel like I walked 1 million steps (my fitbit counted far fewer than a million!) but I rewarded myself with a hot shower and a good breakfast after.

I could use a good foot massage this afternoon...
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    LOL!
    It has been raining for days and I woke up feeling like the tin man when I got out of bed. the limbs felt....rusty at the joints so I lubricated them with several cups of coffee on the couch.
  • maryjaneflora
    maryjaneflora Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

About 2 weeks ago I decided I really need to start moving again and getting in better shape. As someone who gained a lot of weight in a short period of time - I wanted to find a form of cardio that I could be consistent with. I tried jogging and it was just too hard on my knees. This week I found some Leslie Sansone videos on YouTube and I tried them out.

I think walking (outside leisurely) and following the videos indoors (actively) will be a good start to my cardio journey. I'm glad this group is here so I can use it as somewhat of a walking log.

Take care all!
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    Welcome MaryJane. I have been a runner on and off for decades but this last year I found it was too hard on my knees and hips and I am actually exercising more (time and days a week) now that I'm walking. I feel better after my walks emotionally and physically. This group has helped me be accountable for my daily progress.
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group @maryjaneflora. It's always a good day for a walk!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    @maryjaneflora Glad you joined us. :)
  • miss211lbs
    miss211lbs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    SW= 196 lbs July 1,2020
    GW=186 lbs July 31,2020
    Goal= 10lbs loss in a month :)B)
  • miss211lbs
    miss211lbs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think I will make my goal 8lbs by July 31/2020. I don't want to be unrealistic .
    SW= 196 lbs July 1,2020
    GW=186 lbs July 31,2020
    Goal= 10lbs loss in a month :)B)

• AnnofB
    Options
    Welcome @miss211lbs. Glad you found us. You can do it!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    July Goal: I'm going to try and change things up a bit this month. Going for 3 strength workouts a week every other week. Not a big change, but it's still a challenge (even after all this time) to do ANY strength workouts cause I so don't love them.

7/1.....Strength & Stamina 31 minutes, Radio Remix 44 minutes
  • salsa81
    salsa81 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

So my goals for July are a bit different, half way through this month, I'll be going back to my 'normal' shift pattern. I've signed up for Diabetes UK to walk half a million steps over the next 3 months....;so my goals are:

Walk at dinner time
    Ride my horse / Walking Work out on an evening - at least one strength walk a week
    One workout at a weekend (zumba / yoga / walking)
    Total of 166 thousand steps towards my goal.
    Keep up the healthy eating

01 July: Ride to the beach and back with my horses bestie = 13,502 steps
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: Β»
    July Goal: I'm going to try and change things up a bit this month. Going for 3 strength workouts a week every other week. Not a big change, but it's still a challenge (even after all this time) to do ANY strength workouts cause I so don't love them.

Good job knocking one out right on day 1 :wink:
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    I so was not feeling the walk today even though the sun was shining and it was nice and cool after lots of rain. So I did a little cleaning, started the weekly laundry, and then put Leslie on. It was not my most spirited step session (the kicks were little lol and I skipped a lot of her aerobics and did the very most basic walking in place most of the time) but I got 10k steps in there and finished 4 loads of blessed laundry in the process. I muted Leslie since I was just using her movement as motivation and started my audiobook. That wasn't doing much for me either-- I definitely will be holding more interesting and mysterious books aside for future audiobooks since that was clearly a chunk of motivation last month. Now I'm treating myself to a sugary acai bowl (does anyone else still use food rewards sometimes to motivate through unpleasantness?) and some tv in front of the fan.

Not my best day- I love it when I enjoy the workout for the sake of working out but any day I get the steps in is a day that's probably good for my heart and my muscles as Leslie always reminds me.
  • bacpath
    Options
    July- One LS video per day ( at least 30 mins), 12,000 steps a day AND complete 2 health related audiobooks while walking in nature.
    July 1- WATP 4 mile challenge, love it. 16,666 steps😈. Listened to Fast Food Genocide. Daydreamed quite a bit. Hopefully I will learn to be more attentive. Happy Canada day πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

• bacpath
    Options
    I so was not feeling the walk today even though the sun was shining and it was nice and cool after lots of rain. So I did a little cleaning, started the weekly laundry, and then put Leslie on. It was not my most spirited step session (the kicks were little lol and I skipped a lot of her aerobics and did the very most basic walking in place most of the time) but I got 10k steps in there and finished 4 loads of blessed laundry in the process. I muted Leslie since I was just using her movement as motivation and started my audiobook. That wasn't doing much for me either-- I definitely will be holding more interesting and mysterious books aside for future audiobooks since that was clearly a chunk of motivation last month. Now I'm treating myself to a sugary acai bowl (does anyone else still use food rewards sometimes to motivate through unpleasantness?) and some tv in front of the fan.

Not my best day- I love it when I enjoy the workout for the sake of working out but any day I get the steps in is a day that's probably good for my heart and my muscles as Leslie always reminds me.

I sympathize! Some days it feels like you are working out with a piano tied to your butt ( or back end as Leslie says). πŸ€— But you persevered. Good on you.

• AnnofB
    Options

7/2.....2 miles of 5 Boosted Miles and 40 minutes mowing the lawn (Got 15,418 steps today!)
  • salsa81
    salsa81 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Not a great start to the month!

01 July: Ride to the beach and back with my horses bestie = 13,502 steps
    02 July: No walk at dinner / workout due to weather and being at work = 5,685 steps
    = 19,891 total for my half million step challenge