GET DAT REAR IN GEAR July 2020

baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
This month's challenge is brought to us by a brilliant idea from @Cadori back in 2018.

It's not summer for some of us. It's winter in the southern part of the globe. Or you can take the postion of the sunny side and remember we're smack dab in the throes of the oh-so-lovely 2020... Whatever the season (or global catastrophe :unamused: ), the month of July is as good a month as any to endeavor to challenge ourselves to stretch our goals, to push ourselves a little farther or harder, because we know, if we want to, we can do anything. This year has def proved how strong we can be!

Some of us have been plugging along and maybe have slowed down their effort a little. Some of us have paused to blink and noticed "Dang! 6 months are gone already, and I'm still spinning my wheels not getting it done. :weary: "
No problem. It's Get Dat Rear in Gear July. Off yer duff, me hearties! It's go time.

63tlqnl38zwz.jpg

Whether it be revamping our on-going plan or finally spurring ourselves to get off our rear and start, let's challenge ourselves to improve our efforts. As long as it represents an improvement for you and your health/fitness, your goal is perfect for this month, whatever it may be. Buckle down on plan basics? Push a little harder in workouts? Branch out and try a new kind of exercise? Stepping up lagging NEAT? Or just plain BEGIN? It's all fair game.

Get dat rear in gear, y'all, and see how far you can go! I think you'll surprise yourself. :wink:

Replies

• baconslave
    edited July 2020
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    In!
    Goals:
    Exercise - 4 days per week on the bike, 2-3 strength training days, active weekends
    Movement - get my rear out of the chair every hour during working hours
    Food - maintain my calorie goals and stay low-carb/keto for the month

Don't know if this is appropriate for this thread or not but wanted to post a progress update (feel free to edit this or move it, baconslave):

Started back on low-carb/keto on April 19th (got on the scale and said some very bad words about the number that showed up). I went back to logging my foods and controlling my eating since then and have added exercise back into my routine at the same time. Since I restarted in April, I am down 26.2 lbs and I can definitely tell the difference. The weight lose is good and I am now back to where I was a year ago (yikes!). To add some NSV's to the list - I am sleeping less per night but (according to my FitBit) I am getting better quality sleep and I definitely feel more rested when I get up in the morning. My RHR is also back down into the 50's and my BG readings are much better than they were before the restart.

Here's to another month of progress and better days ahead!

Great job on the 26.2lb loss!
    So many NSVs too. That's great!
    To another month drinks.gif
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    This is my first time trying full keto, I was doing low carb/high fat before, but I got off track the last several months and gained weight. I'm trying keto to get back into shape and get back off carbs. I like setting these daily goals you can control rather than monthly weight loss goals.

July Goals:

1) Log food everyday to track carbs, not to obsess over calories.
    2) Eat keto everyday. Also, to eat as clean as possible, but I can make some exceptions: occasional keto fast food option or an occasional keto dessert option with sugar alcohol.
    3) Incorporate intermittent fasting 2-3 days a week.
    4) Exercise 30 minutes a day.
    5) Do my physical therapy exercises/stretches everyday.
  • LC0924
    LC0924 Posts: 71 Member
    I'm in! As @baconslave suggested, 2020 has been equal parts never-ending catastrophe AND sudden blink "omg wow where has the year gone" for me and I really want to get back on track.

July goals:
    1. Back to basics with keto. Hit protein goal daily and avoid the temptations of cauliflower pizza crust and low-carb chocolate >:)
    2. Exercise daily! For the rest of this week, exercise will likely be walks. Next week I am back in the gym :D
    3. Hydraaate - my body needs more water.

Happy July, low carb peeps! B)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Cadori wrote: »
    He’s a good walking partner

Awww he is adorable ... Congrats :)
  • sarahkatzenelson452
    sarahkatzenelson452 Posts: 37 Member
    I am in too! I can notice that " you're doing great, why work so hard " trend im my thoughts so I really need some more dedication. My goals for July: 1. Be 66.8 to 66.9 on the 1 of August on a carb low caloric restriction diet. 2. Eat 3 veggie ane 1 fruit. 3. Run 3times a week and increase pace..4. Aerobic 4 times 5. Physiotherapy every day..6. Finish all filing by august. 7. Play 5 times a week 20 min or more.
    Thank you all!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    7/1:
    Steps: 5200
    Exercise: morning bike ride for 59 minutes
    Move: moved every hour during work
    Food: calories good, 171g protein, 43g net carbs

Congrats Cadori!!!
  • baconslave
    @Cadori
    What a darling! Congratulations, hon! So happy for you.
  • baconslave
    YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
    Peeps in here!

7/1:
    on-plan: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: Yard stompin'. 11k steps. Busy day. And stressful as my car tried to kill me on the interstate. :grimace:
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    7/1

Logged food: yes
    Net carbs: 24
    IF: no
    Exercise: 10 min walk. Not much.
    Physical Therapy: no
  • LC0924
    LC0924 Posts: 71 Member
    7/1 - keto was GOOD, exercise was GOOD, water intake definitely improved but could still be better.

@Cadori congratulations!!! ya did good <3
    @baconslave can you share more about this car adventure? :#