SHRINKING ASSETS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!!
    Goals for the week:
    Don't die in this heat wave - supposed to be 90s all week even by the lake; we live 1/2 mile away and when it's cooler by the lake, there can be 10 degree difference, but not this week🔥🔥
    Stay w/in calorie count and continue w/IF
    Keep hydrated.
    Continue getting movement in via other ways since it will be too hot to walk outside
  • Shandke
    Shandke Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sorry... late pot and holiday. this was a Thurs weight. I just forgot to post.

PW. 132.0
    CW. 132.2

And I'm not holding out for a successful week this week.😔
  • carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    New week, new beginning! Im back to work after our move, and settling in. The theme of this weeks goals: don't backslide into old habits.

1 - exercise 4 days (1 strength training), keep active the other 3 days.
    2 - cook meals at home! I ate enough takeout last week for a month!
    3 - stop working at lunchtime
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm with @LaurieWrobo and trying to avoid the heat.... 36/37 of the other degrees here all week. Walking to work soon (7.30am) as we are blessed with much cooler nights and early mornings.

I'm not logging.... need to ear up all the random batch foods I made and didnt log what was with them. I am being mindful however and working on my sleep and evening snacking..

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    New goals for the (rest of the) week:
    - get back to my bedtime schedule
    - go to the gym twice this week
    - try going for a jog again
    - log foods every day

I bought the gaming laptop last weekend, and it's messing up my sleep schedule. Mostly because I play games on full screen and literally don't see the clock, so I might have to try setting up an alarm to remind me about bedtime.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I had a really sucky day yesterday. I had a moment of clarity this morning and realized that my emotions have a much stronger bearing on my food choices than I would like to think they do. THIS IS SOMETHING I MUST WORK ON!!! I must redefine my relationship with food and not slip back to "bad day must eat cake!"

Goal for the day - Don't eat cake no matter how sucky the day becomes!!!!!

Have you had a turning point in your relationship with food? If so, what was it and how have you succeeded?
  • Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My daughter is moving in to her own home so I am very busy helping to get the house ready for her to move in. They grow up so fast. :'(
  • Beka3695
    Options
    My daughter is moving in to her own home so I am very busy helping to get the house ready for her to move in. They grow up so fast. :'(

Welcome to the empty nester club!! @boehle and I became empty nesters last month, too. It is an adjustment!!!!
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    1st Meal

8orgu3tpek4p.jpg
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Something radical happened today. I was getting dressed in the morning and realized I was not hungry, just thirsty. I don’t recall ever not being hungry or eating first thing in the morning, apart from being sick or extremely hungover. I always eat my breakfast right after getting dressed, not even thinking about there being any other option. Well, today I realized I wasn’t hungry and was working from home, and decided to just get my glass of orange juice, start working and get breakfast when I felt like it. I didn’t get hungry until 11am, and those morning hours were the most productive hours of my day. Finland is weird and 11am is usually lunchtime at the office, so this is a very new meal schedule for me.

Since I didn’t have breakfast until 11am, I had lunch at 3pm and dinner regularly around 7-8pm, I magically skipped all random and pre-planned daytime snacks. I had an ”extra” evening snack of yummy yogurt and blueberries, and my day totaled 400-500 calories less than usual.

I’m curious to see if I get some random hunger pangs or cravings tomorrow to make up for this. If not, I might have to consider switching things up more.

On fitness side: husband and I had a great plan of going to the gym right after his shift ended (he usually doesn’t have strict hours, but their customer support person is on vacation so he’s on support duty for two weeks. It includes support phone work, and having that at home is..... not great). We skipped gym but went for an hour-long walk and did some shopping. I’m not happy I skipped gym since I’m trying to get back on routine, but at least we went on a walk and got some quality time together.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    u4lmkm5gp29f.jpeg

@iamworthy14 can not get into the thread... here is her DM to me
  • KelGen02
    Options
    Dinner
    v3t29pcppzxs.jpg
  • Beka3695
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    1st Meal

8orgu3tpek4p.jpg

I think tomorrow will be breakfast for dinner and have SP hash!!!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Wednesday check in... Today I will be revamping the goals I posted earlier....

Goals for the week:
    - Get back on my MIF routine. Good so far! This feels natural again!
    - Have a veggie heavy week. My BF sent me off with a big bag of squash and zucchini. Check!!! Veggies being consumed!!!!
    - drink more water This is a difficult one for me, but I have been successful the last 2 days!
    - Walk at least 3 nights. This feels nearly impossible this week. My daughter is on duty. This means I have the baby more and it is just too hot to have him in a stroller. Sweat beads on a 4 month old is not a good thing.

THE ALTERNATIVE:
    Since I cannot get my evening walks in - I am taking many small breaks during the day and walking. If he is sleeping, I will lock up the house and walk to the end of the street -- don't freak out - it is just 300 steps TOTAL. I'm gone about 2 minutes tops. I was able to get 7k steps in like this yesterday. Better than nothing, right??

Personal victory -- I did not eat cake yesterday. Remember my BF sent me with a huge box of mini bundts from her bakery... Sucky Monday I ate a Toasted Coconut Baby Bundt. Last night, I had a protein bar instead :)

REMEMBER -- Small corrections are used to navigate the largest of ships.
  • Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday
    Wednesday weigh in
    curvybaja55
    PW 172.4
    CW 172.4
    LTD 29.6
    No loss or gain this week.
  • KelGen02
    Options
    Anything "low" fat, "less" sugars are usually your biggest culprits. Reading labels has really opened my eyes to how much crap they put in our foods for taste and to preserve things 😱 Food for Thought...
    HAPPY HUMP DAAY!!

09rt5gxmktd6.jpg
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PW: 156.4
    CW: 156.0

Keep going!!
    Trying to get my workout in during lunch hour since it's still too hot to walk during lunch; it was 91 yesterday, but felt like 97....whew....
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In:

KittyInBoots17
    PW: 227.6
    CW: -sigh- 229.6

Canada Day overeating, and just haven't been as careful cuz of heat and humidity. Another excuse but it takes a lot out of me.

This discussion has been closed.