Options
    7/5- 1 hour of swimming
    7/6- 12,038
    7/7- 12, 080
    7/8- 6,024
    7/9- 9,183
    7/10-6,395
    7/11- 6,441

Here are my steps for the week.. Not a great week for me. Kinda disappointed but I know I’ll pick it back up this week!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Question: I’m curious. What do you all set as your goals for the week on MFP?
    How about activity?
    I am set to lose 1.5#/wk and light activity. I decided to take a bit of a conservative approach and not try to lose too quickly or to be too aggressive in estimating my exercise. So far it seems to be about right for me although lately I have been getting really hungry in the evenings so I am wondering about making some changes, maybe setting it to 1#/wk to get a few more calories each day and losing a bit slower. I worry that when I get too hungry it is harder to avoid the snacking which is often my downfall...

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    k6zx2ot6yhm1.jpg
    vmmjg41js1r1.png
    gwcdsgirmqfu.png
    3encghm1f7ry.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.59%
    2nd Weight No More 0.45%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.08%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 26.6 Lbs
    2nd Weight No More 22.1 Lbs
    3rd Shrinking Assets 3.5 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @GretchenReine 3.09 %
    2nd @ProfDawnLee 2.72%
    3rd @Emmajhare 2.64%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @GretchenReine 9.2 Lbs
    2nd @ProfDawnLee 4.0 Lbs
    3rd @Emmajhare 3.9 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @iamworthy14
    @KristieJC
    @UCGRocks
    @DesertColibri
    @Piqueaboo
    @KelGen02
    @Cornanda
    @Alexsandramorff
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

hkxkwtiqgrk4.png

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race! B)

6xis5em3sknz.png
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sun - 6,275
    Mon- 7,512
    Tues - 7,209
    Wed - 11,975
    Thurs- 7,966
    Fri- 8,997
    Sat- 11,530
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    frks5ahe7mo7.png
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    @jugar

My recipe for salmon/sweet potato fishcakes is super simple:
    • 1 large sweet potato.
    • 800g fresh or tinned salmon. In lockdown, I've been using tinned salmon: 800g.
    • 3 stalks of spring onion, chopped.
    • 1 tablespoon of mixed herbs.
    • Something to coat your fish-cakes: at the moment, I'm using dessicated coconut as I'm coeliac. Otherwise, use a form of breadcrumb or even sesame seeds? (careful with calorie count if using sesame seeds).

method:
    • Pre-heat oven at 175centigrade.
    • Roast the sweet potato in the oven until soft (usually about 30 minutes at 175centigrade). This allows the skin to be easily peeled off and the internal flesh is soft.
    • Clean the salmon if you need to, ie, remove skin and bones.
    • Add the cleaned salmon, the softened/roast sweet potato, the mixed herbs and the chopped spring onion.
    • Mix well.
    • Divide mixture and roll into 10 balls.
    • Coat with the bread-crumbs or dessicated coconut or sesame seeds. Add some mixed herbs here also if you like.
    • Place onto baking tray and gently squish down so they are no longer round-balls, but are about 1.5 inches high.
    • Cook for 25 mins.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    A stack of chocolate chocolate chip pancakes at IHOP is only 690 calories!

My mind is *boom* totally blown. That's barely anything. I assumed pancakes would be so much worse. Dessert-like stuff usually is.

This is relevant because they opened an IHOP a short distance from my house. I know where we're going tomorrow! Lol.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Bedtime for me and I did not go off the rails - over by 200 cal from goal but did a lot of work in the yard and know it makes up for it. mmm...IHOP...wonder if they still serve potato pancakes with a side of applesauce - that's a fav. enjoy @Terytha
    @Cerizez recipe looks good!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    Oh yum. I'm making your salmon cakes soon, @cerizez ! I had not thought to use coconut to replace crumbs - I usually use crumbs made from my own GF bread that I make for my husband. They don't taste like much, though. I like the idea of coconut.

So folks, another week already lurching off the starting blocks - weigh ins for Sunday-Monday:
    @graceojo999
    @alexsandramorff
    @reflectionofme
    @ells_runs

And keep those phrases that help you stick to your commitment coming! I like yours, @CanadianGiraffe - it is too easy to let our desire to be perfect and to succeed completely kick us to the curb when we give up just because we aren't perfect every day. Good one!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Wow y’all! Great motivating posts. Food aka CI really are something to think about more. I know that really is what it’s about. My bff, who is both a nurse and personal trainer, once told me it really is more about the food than the exercise. I log (mostly) and I get predictions that have me close to 10 pounds lower in five weeks, but that never happens. I guess my logging isn’t accurate enough. Or maybe I’m choosing foods that are not accurate. So, even though my motivation and commitment is waning a bit, I will try to pay closer attention to the food that goes in this week. Maybe try to scan the upc more when it’s possible. Thanks for all the great responses. It’s always so great to come here and listen to what you all have to share. 🥰

@matthewsfive So sorry to hear about your Covid19 scare, Vera. Sending good thoughts your way. Please let us know what you hear. Hoping for good news for you.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    :)
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Question: I’m curious.
    What do you all set as your goals for the week on MFP? 1, 1.2, 2 pounds a week?

How about activity? I’m unsure if I should put lightly active or active? I routinely get over 8.5k steps and move a lot during the day, but don’t always “workout”.

Also, if you Fitbit, do you set it for negative calories based on your Fitbit activity throughout the day? I’m not sure I like seeing that I have 300 calories left for the whole day at breakfast only for it to change by the end of the day.

I have my weight goal at 2 lbs a week. A little aggressive considering I do not get much exercise in.

I have my activity set to sedentary. I work at a desk all day, then cook supper and then crash after everyone goes to bed. I may get around 3,000 steps in an average day. When I work in the garden or do something out of the ordinary instead of cooking, I can usually near 7500 steps.

I do have my Fitbit to correct my calories if I am not active. As annoying as it is to see I have less calories eat, it’s a reminder to me that I didn’t fulfill my exercise/movement so I need to eat less. So goes the saying burn more than you take in.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Word, Phrase or Image that reminds me....my clock image/profile image. I took that back in January and said 'the time is NOW.'
This discussion has been closed.