WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    @Terytha So sorry to hear about your neck but glad to hear you are now healing. Your restorative weekend plans sound lovely!

@evangsimmons170 Best wishes for your continuing studies. That takes a huge commitment!

I discovered that sometime last week I moved from "Obese" to "Overweight" on the BMI scale. And while I know it sounds a little incongruous to celebrate being overweight, somehow I know all of you will understand!

Yippee!! Congratulations 🎊🎉🎈I totally get that and I know @terytha and most of us here do. What a great thing. I have 7 pounds to go to be overweight too. I’d like to be there by the end of the summer. 🙏🏼Like @jugar ‘s poster says. My results will be a direct correlation to what I put into it. 🤗
  • micki48
    Options
    046jegbff79k.jpeg

Keeping what @jugar said in mind, I went back to my notebook, which I haven’t opened since mid May. Just filled in my exercise chart (thanks Fitbit!) So I slacked off a bit in May (two injuries) June was pretty good. I think there may have been a few more walks in there that might not have gotten registered. I had no exercise yesterday except toddler play. Too hot outside and lots of cooking.

So for the rest of July, I want every day filled in.
  • micki48
    Options
    fhp4azim9ydi.png
    Also I’m posting my steps. Now off to do the tally.
  • micki48
    Options
    ells_runs wrote: »
    @micki48 and @jugar can I please be back on the board for steps for July?
    I have my work back to normal now so lots of steps during the day 🤭
    Also when is the deadline to post steps for the week? I would prefer to post a photo as a proof, because I do quite a lot, but I don't mind posting my steps every night if that's easier?

01 July steps 16,020
    02 July steps 20,032

Thank you Team ♥️

@ells_runs Hi! Sorry to be so late in getting back to you. Your steps are AWESOME!!! You may post the steps daily or with a photo at the end of our week. Please have the steps in by early Sunday. Thanks! Glad to have you stepping with us.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    jguldi11 wrote: »
    I'm not in much of a celebratory mood though, our dog passed away unexpectedly last night.
    So sorry. Furry family members fill such important places in our hearts and leave large holes when we have to say goodbye. Virtual hugs coming your way.

• micki48
    Options
    Last one for now...promise.

Missing steps for the following people:

@Yinxf 7/2
    @KellyBge all week
    @ells_runs 7/2, 7/3
    @jugar 7/4

Really great steps this week team. <3
    All steppers: If you would be so kind, please let me know what YOUR daily goal is as well.
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I don’t have a step goal sooooo I’ll just go with 9k lol

• deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    @CanadianGiraffe Here's my story, and my intro for new July members.

I grew up the chubby kid. I was 5'6" by the 3rd grade, so I was always in the back of class pictures with JL who was the tallest boy. In high school I was 165-185. I got down to 155-165 in college by only eating meals at the cafeteria. I maxed at 209 in grad school when I was sitting all the time for work, school, & commuting.

I decided I would buy one gallon of fat free milk, a box of Raisin Bran Crunch, 14 Michelina frozen dinners for lunch & dinner, a box of individual coffeecakes for afternoon snack. I told myself that if I ate all the food, I would have to wait until the following week. It worked! I portioned out the cereal in 7 bags, and I ate my daily portion. It didn't take long for me to get back to the 180s. I think within a year I was about 145, and I got married at 135. We've been married 18 years, and many of them have been spent under 150. I noticed that a few years right before the holidays I gain about 5-10 pounds, like I'm getting ready to hibernate! Then I gain for the holidays because, well, I like food. I spend the first few months of the year trying to lose it.

I think my thinnest moment was 117, but then I ate. Ha ha! That's not sustainable for me because I enjoy food. If I can stay between 135-145, that's healthy to me. It's a bummer for me that because I've been overweight my whole life that losing weight just creates more skin. I think that looks worse than just being skinny, so low numbers are not a motivation any more.

I started 2020 at 163. I got down to 145 before Covid; but I visited family, and I started snacking again at night. I'm still struggling with turning off the snacking, but I've been doing better. Today I am 149.5.

I'm quite competitive, so challenges help me. But I need to not eat my exercise calories. I enjoy running, walking, & hiking. I also do indoor biking. I don't do the steps challenge because I probably get 12,000-18,000/day.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    @micki48

2nd July
    Steps - 4065
    Exercise - 41 mins - full body circuit (with weights)

Sorry!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    deniners2 wrote: »
    Here's my story.
    Thank you. Sounds like you have things all figured out. That's a big help :)
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps @micki48
    Sun 10, 358
    Mon 8,192
    Tues 7,109
    Wed 9,999 (wish I'd noticed this and taken 1 more!!!)
    Thurs 8,022
    Fri 9,913
    Sat 8526

Sorry for the delay.
  • micki48
    Options
    Thanks for those step numbers friends. Hopefully, we will have all the data done and give a report tomorrow. Hope you had a great day. 💪🏼👟😁
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Weigh in update ---

Remaining Friday people:
    @evangsimmons170
    @ELENA01

Due Saturday:
    @Terytha
    @Micki48
    @matthewsfive
    @Stefbomb2020
    @Cerizez

Overdue:
    @graceojo999
    @alexsandramorff

Please try to have everyone up to date by the end of the day Saturday - thanks!

Hi sorry about the delay. I went Through a phase last week of not logging or wanting to look at my weight. I am not exactly sure what my weight was the last time but i think it was

Pw 185
    Cw 187

ALexsqnder

Pw- not sure
    Cw- 105.5kg

I’ll keep track of these ones.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    I had no internet for a while there (the joys of rural life...) but it's back! I have finally caught up all your exercise minutes, @YinxFed so that @micki48 has all the real numbers :smiley: You are doing great! Good luck on the week 4 program, I'll bet it's intense.

@CanadianGiraffe good plan on the sit-ups during commercial breaks! It is always good to do something when vegging out with a movie or a show. I usually get on the exercise bike and pedal my way through anything up to an hour long. I like the really exciting action shows once in a while to get in some good sprints!

@KellyBgetsfit you WILL have this week under control! You have until Friday to get some good sleep (or I'll have to have a serious chat with that baby of yours :wink: ), keep the veggies high and the chips and brownies outside in the rain getting ruined. You can do it!

And thanks for the update, however late @graceojo999 . Sometimes we just get logging and tracking fatigue - as long as the break does not go on for too long, no harm done. Be sure to read lots of posts, get re-energised, and you'll be back on track in no time.

I had a lot of anxiety when going to appointments, bank, and some other needed errands last Thursday and Friday, so it was good to have a weekend of peace and quiet at home. It is high tourist season in our nearest town, so the numbers of people are kind of crazy right now - even if they are only from Montreal. So far our COVID-19 numbers are OK, but I still find it hard doing the line-ups and trying to keep things feeling safe when there are so many people around. Today I have one more appointment, and then things should settle back to normal where I don't have to go to that town at all! I can do my small grocery runs in the village where things are busier than normal, but still quiet compared to the big town. My garden is really starting to produce like crazy, so no more veggie shopping, that's for sure! I have been freezing kale, making 3 kinds of pesto, and eating chard, spinach, kale, salads, and very soon zucchini and tomatoes will be coming. Beans are slow, but they're flowering and should be along soon. I missed my favourite local organic farm's strawberries this year, though. I could not bring myself to go to the farmer's market Saturday, so I'll check with him directly to see if there are any left. He lost a lot due to a hail storm early in the fruit-setting time, so he might be all out :s But our currants and going like crazy and blueberries looking like there will be lots in a few weeks.

OK enough news from the garden! I hope everyone has a fabulous Monday.
    Monday weigh-ins due:

@reflectionofme
    @ells_runs
    If you already did and my internet was being weird, don't worry. I'll catch them!
  • micki48
    Options
    I’m really sleepy today and Miss Jules is not wanting to nap. We played outside this morning, but I didn’t have on my Fitbit. Need to go for a walk to wake up, but it’s probably too hot now.

Glad your garden is doing well! @jugar. 3 kinds of pesto sounds great!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I had a piece of honey pie today. Birthday pie is so hard to refuse even if it's not your birthday.
  • YinxFed
    Options

@YinxFed I can SO relate to your frustration. I also experience the weight gain during the first 3 weeks of a weight loss regimen. And I usually quit during week 3. But I am desperately trying to break that cycle this time. I'm starting my 3rd week of walking and I'm determined to win. We got this!

Thanks @evangsimmons170 It's just so tiresome, isn't it?
  • YinxFed
    Options
    5th July

Steps - 3493
    Exercise- Rest day
This discussion has been closed.