WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Update for 2nd July:

Steps - 4065
    Exercise - 41 mins / Week 3 Day 3 / Upper & Lower Body Exercises (with weights)

Happy Friday, everyone!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was great. Ate within calories and got the steps in. DH leg is looking so much better today. From angry red to a light pink this morning. He only missed one day of physical therapy.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    I am impressed! Some great losses, re-commitment, and updates.

@CM_73 - thanks for the weigh-in, and the news. Sounds like you had some very long days. I agree, those people need to re-think their game a bit. Great loss on your part, though! And don't worry too much about your weigh-in day if you are far from a scale. As long as I get one every week by early morning on Sundays (mid-morning for you), everything is ok. Saturday night to be safe.

@Cerizez - welcome! I think we need to share recipes. I don't have coeliac, but my husband does, and I do not get along well with grains. I can get the same carbs from vegetables with no issues, but grains (with very few exceptions) do weird things. I'm more pescatarian than you are, but otherwise it sounds like your recipes are right up my alley, and anyone else who wants to try great vegan ideas. Eleven pounds to go! Soon you'll join me in the Goal Zone - our team section for those who are on maintenance and want to make sure to stay there.

@Steph1498 - don't you hate it that you need to re-commit every 6 weeks or so? Pretty normal in my experience. It is easy to start to slide, but that is one of the things that a team like this helps. The slides don't last too long, and everyone has them. We help each other keep them short and not too damaging. You are getting close too! 15 pounds to go - they are the hard ones. I love that you are lower than in 2013 now, though. WTG!

@SMcFall0215 - the July spreadsheet, and the spreadsheet for every month, always is there on the F2F main page. Just above Announcements.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

@KellyBgetsfit and @happimess01 - GREAT losses! Whether it's sleep or good measuring and counting, exercise or whatever - well done!

@YinxFed I'll get your exercise posted later today - have some catching up to do... :grimace:

Everyone - don't forget, along with counting steps, if you post the amount of other exercise you do in MINUTES, I then "translate" that into steps and add it to your count. I use a standard conversion chart and it helps keep those counts up if you do more biking, workouts, or whatever that does not add up on your step tracker.

Tally ho! See you all later.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    PW 176.4
    CW 173.6 :)
    LTD 26.8
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    PW: 151
    CW: 149.5
    LTD: 59.5
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I was able to tie my running shoes tighter today, and I didn't feel Achilles pain as I worked out & did errands. I hope this is a great sign. :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Weigh in update ---

Remaining Friday people:
    @evangsimmons170
    @ELENA01

Due Saturday:
    @Terytha
    @Micki48
    @matthewsfive
    @Stefbomb2020
    @Cerizez

Overdue:
    @graceojo999
    @alexsandramorff

Please try to have everyone up to date by the end of the day Saturday - thanks!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    deniners2 wrote: »
    I hope this is a great sign. :)
    Fingers crossed...
    deniners2 wrote: »
    PW: 151
    CW: 149.5
    LTD: 59.5
    Good work! If you don't mind me asking, when did you start your weight loss? I'm asking because your starting weight was pretty close to mine and you are now about my current goal weight. So I'm curious about what might be realistic for me to expect...

• Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    @jugar

I've re-introduced fish, so sounds like we do indeed have the same diet.

Happy to share. : )
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    PW: 136
    CW: 135.5
    LTD: 0.5
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I FINALLY got in. I’m not sure what was going on, but I’m back on so yay! I missed you. Just read through 45 posts.

Welcome new members! I’m right there with the extended plateau AGAIN. I need to re-evaluate and set goals. @conleywoods thanks for that great information. Sadly, it kinda feels like our bodies work against us.

@YinxFed Happy Birthday to you!! I’m glad you had a great day.

Hope no one has Covid19 and the test proves it. Glad the ship is safe and you are home. Chocolate wine—wow! Camping and summer plans. What a week.

I’ve had a GREAT stepping week. Walks, chasing a 2 y/o, gardening, painting, reorganizing a library with too many books. No Pilates though and I MISS it so much. Logging has been ok. A few days, I logged the next morning. But pretty sure I closed every day ultimately. Measuring every little thing—didn’t do as well as I would have liked, but being back on a new schedule probably was part of the reason. Time is pinched. My scale was up again one day this week. Back to last weeks weight early this am. I will weigh one more time in a few and post my official weight.

Happy Interdependence Day as I heard one news person call it. We are all in this together now more than ever. I sure hope your cases are going down where you are. Ours are going straight up. 😢

Have a wonderful day!!💞✨🤗
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 1
    PW 192.6
    CW 192 🤗
    LTD 31.5 (4/2018)
    Wishing all of our American friends a Happy Independence Day although I'm sure with the current situation it will feel very different than previous ones. Let me say that I have been very saddened watching your COVID-19 news these past evenings. Please know that thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay safe and healthy!

Thank you!🙏🏼 It is so sad to see our country in such a predicament. So many people getting sick and unnecessarily dying. Some people are just so impatient and selfish here they just can’t follow simple guidelines for a little while.😷 Losing our place in the world. 😢
    Terytha wrote: »
    PW: 181.6
    CW: 179.4

Maybe a good sign for the end of the plateau? I saw this once before but only briefly while dehydrated so we'll see if this lasts.

I've been very good about my sugar for the last two days.

Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 Yay, 170s. You are a queen 👑. So proud of you and your amazing success.
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    CW 165.3 LBS😪

My scale doesnt seem to move.... just hoping that mh July gets me in the 150s.....
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Happy independence day to all in the US! No fireworks for us this year. We usually stay home anyway and are high enough on the mountain that we can see the fireworks in the valley below. Oh well! We are having a bbq and I made a yummy cake with 7 minute frosting and fresh berries on top!

My weight still goes up and down but it is staying closer to 217 and I am hoping to see 215 and hit 40 lbs down officially. @micki48 It really does seem our bodies work against us. Weight loss is hard but we are stubborn and won't give up! 😃 @yinxfed Happy birthday! Hope it was a great day. @terytha congrats on the nice weigh in. This is awesome progress.

I was supposed to get my hair done on Monday but I canceled since our area has tons of new cases daily. I'm sad but it was the right thing to do. Can't wait for there to be a better plan for covid. Or more information!
This discussion has been closed.