WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so sorry to be MIA yet again. I hope everyone is safe and healthy during these crazy times. Welcome to any and all newcomers we have to the group. I'm Rhonda (@evangsimmons170) and I live in Texas. I'm 51, divorced and no kids, other than the 700+ students in the elementary school where I am an assistant principal. I'm currently working on my doctorate in educational leadership. After a much-needed 2 year hiatus from my studies, I resumed them on June 29th (this past Monday). I should have my doctorate by the end of next year, and I'm SO excited about that.

@micki48 Yes, you have had a great stepping week! I see you won the Workweek Challenge this week on Fitbit. Fair Warning: Don't get comfortable in the winner's circle. I've been getting my walk on this week too and plan to continue and increase it; I feel amazing afterwards. You keep me moving; I'll catch up with you soon enough. LOL. It's on next week! :smile: If any other Fitbit users want to join us in the challenges on Fitbit, please look me up on Fitbit. By the way, @micki48, please add me back into the step challenge for July. My steps for Sunday through Friday this week are listed below. I will post my steps for today later, as I'm not finished walking for the day yet.

xf5ypcfu8zea.png

@jugar Here are my weight stats:

@evangsimmons170
    Weigh-in Day: Friday
    PW 345.4 (I think that's the last one you have for me.)
    CW 347.6
    LTD 28.6 lbs (from my highest weight ever)
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Steps for this week

6/28- 9,128
    6/29- 11,608
    6/30- 9,705
    7/1- 11,251
    7/2- 12,447
    7/3- 11,742
    7/4- 13,850
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    CW 165.3 LBS😪

My scale doesnt seem to move.... just hoping that mh July gets me in the 150s.....

that is 1.2 pounds LESS than last week. It IS moving! WTG!
  • jugar
    Options
    fxky1ppv0s2p.png

Check out our new space to propose challenges, make suggestions, and develop ideas about how your would like YOUR Fat2Fit community to become even better!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10802654/the-idea-lounge#latest
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    @Terytha I'm so sorry you hurt your neck. I pray you feel better soon. I totally understand your need to get away next weekend. That's what I wanted to do this week but didn't. Sometimes a good reset helps us put things in proper perspective. Wishing you peace.

@micki48 my steps for Saturday were 8317.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in:

PW: 180
    CW: 180.6

Trying to be stoical about this - I knew when I started Heather Robertson's 12 week plan (starting Week 4 tomorrow) that I should expect to put on weight, although gain muscle and toning, and lose inches. This is true and this is what is happening. But I do wish the scales would move in the OTHER direction!

I'll be back later to report yesterday's steps.

Have a good Sunday, all!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    4th July

Steps - 3817
    Exercise - 34 mins (full body circuit with weights)
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    Sunday weigh in:

PW: 180
    CW: 180.6

Trying to be stoical about this - I knew when I started Heather Robertson's 12 week plan (starting Week 4 tomorrow) that I should expect to put on weight, although gain muscle and toning, and lose inches. This is true and this is what is happening. But I do wish the scales would move in the OTHER direction!

I'll be back later to report yesterday's steps.

Have a good Sunday, all!

@YinxFed I can SO relate to your frustration. I also experience the weight gain during the first 3 weeks of a weight loss regimen. And I usually quit during week 3. But I am desperately trying to break that cycle this time. I'm starting my 3rd week of walking and I'm determined to win. We got this!
  • jugar
    Options
    @Terytha - no problem for an early weigh-in this week. I hope your weekend is fabulously restorative. :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    1z0mjsaqnqyq.png
    Week 2 Challenge - open to anyone for one day or the whole week. Challenge your daily plan and up your accountability!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10802681/week-2-challenge-daily-commitment-and-reflection/p1?new=1
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race! B)

4jxxbwl9ggmn.png
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Morning shout out to my Magic Bag. Its older than me, I stole it when I left home. It smells sorta like boiled broccoli and popcorn. And it really is magic.

I feel a lot better today. I can move at least. Sitting up is hard and I can't straighten my head, but I'm not in pain at all laying down.

One more day of heat and I should be in much better shape.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    w0p84bquxewj.jpg
    de3frg9cnf4b.png
    cscw7zdayxja.png
    bz6n00t02mqa.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Downsizers 0.64%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 0.40%
    3rd Waist Aways 0.36%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Downsizers 28.9 Lbs
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 20.6 Lbs
    3rd Waist Aways 17.6 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @chassp8pooh 5.45 %
    2nd @19shmoo69 3.59%
    3rd @cherrymajoni 2.83 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @chassp8pooh 10.8 Lbs
    2nd @19shmoo69 9.0 Lbs
    3rd @kelgen02 7.2 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @jennifersusanmcdougall
    @DesertColibri
    @stephipeanut
    @LaurieWrobo
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @CM_73
    @Curvybaja55
    @katyjcrafts
    @KellyBgetsfit

gx4ux2bb72s3.png
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    zl3tclwmnqcb.png

THESE LADIES HIT ONEDERLAND
    @CassieGetsFit2013
    @jedaschultz

MILESTONE CELEBRATIONS

Under 250

@19shmoo69

Under 225

@cherrymajoni

Under 175

@raleighgirl09
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @Curvybaja55
    @boehle

Under 150
    @deniners2
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @Terytha So sorry to hear about your neck but glad to hear you are now healing. Your restorative weekend plans sound lovely!

@evangsimmons170 Best wishes for your continuing studies. That takes a huge commitment!

I discovered that sometime last week I moved from "Obese" to "Overweight" on the BMI scale. And while I know it sounds a little incongruous to celebrate being overweight, somehow I know all of you will understand!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    A big thank you to @jugar and @micki48 for all your efforts tallying our weigh-ins and steps. Waistaways wouldn't be the same without you!
This discussion has been closed.