WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    @micki48 my step goal is 20,000 steps. Go big or go home right? I know what I'm capable of. I can do this!

Wew, girlfriend!!! You go! You are killing it this week. Such great numbers. Keep up the great work. <3
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    Oh boy did I fall off the wagon, then it backed up and ran me over... But I am standing up and dusting myself off... I am back to work today, and back on plan... I did not get my exercise in this morning though, my brother had kind of a freak out, ya see we had alot of rain on Monday night, it caused our basement to flood, but just a little, but at his house he had a basement wall collapse- and I guess since I've worked in construction my entire life ( even thought it's just in the office) he felt I was the one to talk to about it... so I had to reassure him the rest of the house wouldn't fall down... It wasn't a load bearing wall, so it's a fairly easy fix, and my hubby will go down this weekend and double check the work.. (he's a mason)...

My daughter works in a really popular area in the city - well over the past week multiple servers and bartenders have come down with Covid-19 - She got tested on Sunday and it was negative but the girl she rode with to get tested, tested positive, so we won't be seeing her for a while.. Her boss wants her to work even though she was hanging out with people who tested positive, so my daughter basically said I am not working for 2 weeks, that would be incredibly irresponsible of me... so good for her... but now I have that worry...

@Gidgitgoescrazy But here you are and that is what is different. You can stray and have some time that isn't on target, and get up, brush yourself off and get right back on track. You have made so much progress and are inspiring to so many of us. Glad you have this under control. Sorry to hear about all the rain and the flooded basement. Having experienced the flooded basement multiple times when I lived in New Jersey, you have my sympathy. I remember just wanting to run away. But instead, I bailed and bailed and bailed and eventually called the fire department to pump it and then, realized how futile my bailing was. LOL

I am sorry to hear that you are playing the waiting game with your daughter. It such a weird and unsettling time. Kudos to your daughter for being super responsible even when her idiot business owner boss can't see it. Good for her. Hope she stays healthy as well as all of you. <3
    I don't understand what's going on with the scale and me. Two weeks ago, I had my highest weigh in since baby was 2 months old. It was there for 3 days. I thought it was due to lack of sleep and a few too many carbs. I got back on track and within 5 days, was down 2 lbs. I thought cool, it was a fluke. I did not sleep well Sat night, but that was only 1 night and I got back on track. The scale was at a new high today.🙈 I am working out. I am eating decent. I am weighing and measuring. I just don't know what is causing the scale to go up, so I don't know what to change.

@KellyBgetsfit I know it is so frustrating. Like we said before, our bodies literally seem to work against us. It can be disheartening. But you know that you need to keep pressing forward and know you are not alone. Being a nursing mom has a whole other set of variables than the rest of us. I worked to lose weight while nursing years ago and it was unlike any other time I've ever tried to loose weight. You may be onto something with the sleep. Your body may just be trying to find a new setpoint aka plateau. Grrrr. It will change though. How are your macros? I found at one point I was really low on protein, which makes you hungrier. If you are feeling that way, as contraindicative as it sounds, maybe you need to eat more protein. Keep looking at your data. Keep at it. Don't give up. We have all been there. I have recently looked at my "progress" and my loss trend has been completely flat for, at least, the last 180 days. HUGS! <3
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Folks - I've had 2 days of comfort eating. An important work project went awry; I needed the comfort of some multi-packs of crisps. However - my walking and exercise has been good to counter the calorie spike.

I think I've also been keeping my calorie count too low generally, so my brain was probably fat deprived. Adding guacamole to my regular diet to prevent a relapse.

And getting back to my favourite ted talk: I try to watch this every day. Intermittent fasting, low calories, chewing and exercise are all the best ways of helping our brains and regenerating neurons. Comfort eating is actually counter-productive: the ancient instinctive versus the thinking brain:

https://www.ted.com/talks/sandrine_thuret_you_can_grow_new_brain_cells_here_s_how
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @Cerizez The TED talk you posted was very interesting. I am always amazed at how many new things they are discovering about the way our bodies work.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    ells_runs wrote: »
    So sorry for being late with my weigh in 😞 crazy week this week.
    I'm writing it quickly so I'm sorry I can't remember my weight from last week but today's weigh in shows

July Week 2
    Monday
    ells_runs
    CW 215lbs
    LTD 10 lbs

Thank you all and I'll post the photo of my steps in next message.

Good luck all! X

Even if you're in a hurry, you're doing great. Another 1 pound loss, same as last week! WTG!
  • jugar
    Options
    Hoo boy! Where did today go?

I have been off the rails today, but was forced inside by thunderstorms and the electricity kept going off - but I did a lot of sewing. And eating, and not much exercise. It seems a lot of us are hungry this week :grimace:

I'll catch up tomorrow!
  • jugar
    Options

I had read that UA is in serious financial difficulties - perhaps there have been people laid off and that is the reason for so many technical problems?
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

I'm hoping for a less dramatic day today (weather-wise) - running off to an appointment this morning, and then seeing how my gardens are doing after yesterday's punishments.

Just a few heads up for weigh-ins!

@evelynladams527
    @eggfreak
    @conleywoods
    and we know that @CM_73 will get there whenever possible.

The good, the bad, the ugly - it's all information and you learn from it. Thanks!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    Options
    Yesterday's gym session worked on shoulders and upper arms. I'm still working with quite a bit of tension and tightness but it feels good today so maybe I'm gaining.
    Today is bright and sunny in contrast to the heavy rain Tuesday evening/Wednesday so hoping things will dry up enough I can get into the garden.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Same person, same clothes, same bathroom: a little more than a year and 93 lbs difference. June 28 2019 vs July 9 2020. Can you see it? I struggle to.

izdq7dxbjz84.jpg

YES!!!! Look at the denim! There is so much more room in the picture around your legs! Which means there is a lot less of you! Also I see big differences in your arms and face, especially your cheeks! WAY TO GO!!!

It is funny. Sometimes our brains see things like this about ourselves the way they were conditioned to see them in the past and they don't adjust for new perceptions of current reality. It is often easier for others to see it so good idea for you to post it so we can tell you what a huge difference we can see!
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Same person, same clothes, same bathroom: a little more than a year and 93 lbs difference. June 28 2019 vs July 9 2020. Can you see it? I struggle to.

izdq7dxbjz84.jpg

That is an amazing Accomplishment!! Be proud.. I struggle with seeing myself after losing over 100 pounds but trust me girl we See it and you look great! Keep it up!

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @CanadianGiraffe I mean, I say same clothes but those were size 20 pants and these are 14. Same shirt though. But my stomach still looks so huge.

And man, I really have lost basically all of my butt lol.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Somehow yesterday seems to have run away from me!

7th July
    Steps - 2925
    Exercise - 30 minutes full body circuit with weights

8th July
    Steps - 3658
    Exercise -rest day
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hey team! :) I'm jumping in a little late on this month, but I am back on the bandwagon.

After turning 38 this week, I reflected on giving myself until my birthday to lose 20 lbs. Seemed easy enough 5 months ago. :s

I'm taking it one tiny goal at a time and hope to meet my overall weight goal by 40.

Starting/last week's weight: 220 lbs (oh yeah, I gained a couple since I was on here last. :# )

I would appreciate any support!

~Sarah
This discussion has been closed.